Futuristic/Dystopian Sci-Fi

Continuing from the last thread since it got deleted. Anything futuristic, cyberpunk!
Movies, tv shows, games, books etc

I got some pretty good recommendations last thread so i'll post those, this genre is my absolute favorite now

Other urls found in this thread:

kickstarter.com/projects/1060791749/city-of-darkness-revisited/description
simonstalenhag.se/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armitage_III
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

tfw cant find anything like this

I'm fairly certain that the second photo is from an arcade from Japan

Just found out about the arcade like ten minutes ago, is it still up? It sucks the City was destroyed, it looked amazing

is there anything like this irl?

Used to be, the city was torn down in the 90s' I think. There's a park in its place now.

Yeah i just read about the park, such a pity that it was shut down.

I'm certain similar cities exist in 3rd world countries.

winter of 94

yeah. favellas in brazil aren't too dissimilar.

this was posted earlier and i cant stop listening to it, love closing my eyes and enjoying the theater of tthe mind

Cool shit, OP.

Get 6 mil

That woman from Total Recall with three tits.

Wait wat

Nice trips btw

Blomkamp fuck this one up but he's lucky the visuals saved his ass

Aaron Beck is a great designer

This one isn't set in the future but its good sci-fi

Nice to see this continued from the last thread, before I forget does anyone know of anime similar to Serial Experiments Lain? I've never watched anime before but a couple of anons recommended it and it wad great!!

Now I'm lookin for similar anime within the same genre, futuristic cyberpunk type stuff

6mil get

y'all plebs need to read DUNE

spice must flow

Fucks a dune

Looks cheesy but ill watch it

You might also like to check to watch this one. With subtitles.

Tfw you'll never live in the Kowloon Walled City

Anyone? The ones Google recommends are shit

Where can I find more on the walled city? YouTube has a doc but hats it

kickstarter.com/projects/1060791749/city-of-darkness-revisited/description

Fucking nice thanks user

Pic related is a good film, it has vampires in it but is set in 2019 so technically on topic with the thread

Forgot photo

this is a meme post >>6000000

ffs I just love staring at photos like these

this

Currently watching Akira and its pretty neat! I'm new to anime but I'm loving this film so far

Forgot to ask, could any of you guys recommend some anime similar to Akira and Serial Experiments Lain? Basically anything futuristic/cyberpunk

Technolyze maybe, ghost in the shell, Ergo Proxy, psycho-pass

Will definitely check those out thanks user

Wow looks fucking neat, gonna watch that

Glad to see they still appreciate retro gaming in the dystopian futureā€¦

Kek that arcade is dope

Anyone know if the place is still up?

If you like really slow paced movie, this is a Good one, 2046 by Woon kar while ( dont know how to write his fucking name)

Similar, not exactly, if you're looking for a good futuristic young bikers gang, you won't find any. But in terms of a good futuristic vibes for adult, ergo proxy and ghost in the shield. Ergo proxy for a slow pace, ghost in the shield for a fast one that still make you think. Btw, you should read the akira manga, if you want to understand the movie, because they really combined everything a bit too fast in my opinion, and I didnt get it the first time i watched.

Not necessarily about bikers, I'm just looking for anything futuristic/cyberpunk

New to anime but so far I have Akira, Serial Experiments Lain and Ghost In The Shell

Any else?

Then Ergo proxy, definitely. It's the dark adult scifi anime you are looking for.

Wrong link my bad

I'm going to post a review to save anyone else who stumbles passed this the 90 minutes I wasted watching it. Not to mention the time spent finding a working stream, downloading it, finding subtitles for it, adding the subtitles to the file, etc.

-It's the epitome of "french hipster artsy fartsy bullshit". Every single trope is represented here. The ugly actors, the fake mysticism, even fucking cuckoldry is represented. It's halfway between Amelie and The Fifth Element.
-This is one of those "future as designed by failed fashion designer" films. Everyone dresses like a retard, everyone has stupid hair, some of the women actually braid their hair around their faces. Doctors with face tattoos. If you've seen Mr. Nobody, Hunger Games or The Fifth Element you know exactly what you're getting into here.
-One of the main characters feared dying, so through means that aren't entirely explained had himself "Virtualized". The implication is that his body is still his, but his mind has been uploaded to a machine worn on his shoulders which projects a hologram of his face. Ever seen Tank Girl? Same thing the villain in that movie did. It seems to me this process would only give you until the organs on the body shut down, so then I thought "Maybe the body is robotic?" but if you were going to make the entire body robotic what would be the point of a projector head?
-The primary plot focuses on a "love triangle" between a stereotypical manic pixie dream girl, a douchey artist with shit hair and a fumbling old man who is a musician.

Let me try to summarize what happens. The old man is an acclaimed jazz musician who performs with instruments shaped after women's bodies, but as we learn they're not women he's ever so much as spoken to, the artist meets the women, has them model for them, then the artist gives the plans to his father, projectorhead who then turns them into real instruments.

The manic pixie dream girl is a fangirl of the old man, and fancies herself a photographer. Her entire motivation is that she wants to fuck the old man. To get to him, she has to first fuck the artist, which she does. Then she gets the old man alone and very simply talks to him about sex. "Tell me about your first orgasm, would you like to hear about mine?" "Oh, I know what you're thinking. Another fan who wants to sleep with me." "Tell me about your most beautiful experience. No no- I meant your most beautiful sexual experience."

For reasons which are never explained and make not a drop of sense the old musician turns out to be a virgin. Despite it being established women approach him after every fucking show, apparently this blue-haired twat is the first one to actually get him in bed.

Meanwhile a faggy newscaster who projects only his head is interviewing three astronauts on a mission to mars, who alternate between english and French randomly when talking. Projectorhead asserts Mars does not exist and is a figment of or imaginations.

After fucking, blue-haired girl and old virgin man get into a teleporter together despite the giant warning label on the front to only get in one at a time. As a result she ends up teleported to Mars with the astronauts. Oh, I should mention that's the point of her name being April/Avril. She was born in March, the month of Mars, so she has breathing problems because she's supposed to be a Martian and that makes perfect sense to French people with autism, maybe?

(cont.)

(cont.)

The old man keeps going to this retarded doctor who looks like he got kicked out of Korn. He keeps telling him whatever his medical problem is "Oh no, it's not your lungs, it's your soul." Projectorhead similarly states "Like it or not, science is the new religion, so you must have faith in it." Try as they might, the instrument modeled after April will not play.

Projectorhead takes Old Virgin and his son Faggy Hair down to the basement of his workshop to show them his special cuckold device. You see, April is on Mars but the teleporter is inexplicably one-way only. As little sense as this stupidity makes now, don't worry, it'll make even less later.

The old virgin and the faggy hair get on racks and must stare into eachother's eyes, this will allow the old man to enter his own subconscious and travel to Mars. He discovers that the Martian landing was a hoax, and the teleporter was a prop. He then wakes up in a hospital discovering the three astronauts were all younger versions of his bandmates. He goes to Mars anyway somehow, and takes a projection of fag-hair with him. There they meet April and discover Mars is inside the instrument based on her. They have some faggy, fake mystic dialog and then discover the teleporter, and the most predictable twist ever takes place. Unlike the other teleporters, this one can only be activated from the outside, so only two of them may return to Earth. The old man stays behind. His body is still on Earth but his mind is on Mars.

April pops back out of the original teleporter unable to breathe. She needs a lung transplant. They give her the old musician's lungs because who wouldn't want to have 80 year old organs transplanted into their body, right?

The e- Oh right, French fucks.

~Fin~

I gave an user tons of shit last thread because he recommended a couple of YA movies, i'm currently watching Divergent and its not half bad

The visuals are neat and the concept as well, i'm not exactly expecting elite directing in these kinds of films

Besides Candor this is basically just Magic The Gathering lol

im not familiar with Magic The Gathering so i wouldn't know lol, either way the movie isn't as bad as i thought it would be

I'm watching Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn and its definitely better than I expected

Although the covenant/chief don't come into play until almost halfway through the movie, they did a really great job with visuals

Psycho-Pass is damn good cyberpunk anime.

Shit I actually want to see it even more.

It's crazy how far into the future this is, they're in 2526 and they are barely fighting the covies

morality isnt "laws of gods/spirits", its rules of nature. Herdal instincts. Empathy.

Anyone here familiar with the Halo universe? I'm watching Forward Unto Dawn and I'm about half way through the movie. Anyway (spoiler) at one point the cadets ask MC if they are the only survivors in the Academy and MC says they are the only survivors on the planet.

So my question is how did this transpire? They obviously don't go into detail as to how in the movie but I do knoe the Halo universe is quite extensive so I'm hoping someone would know

You gotta try altered carbon, easily the best sci-fi novel of the last decade

Good stuff thanks goys

What the fuck?

Why is this a spook?

It's sounds perfectly rational!

Open two Omegle windows.
Copy and paste the chats between each.
Inject a comment about Lain.
Make them think she is real.

nigga how

If anyone has any wallpapers in this theme that are least 2560x1440, that would be great.

glad this is still up, anyway an user posted this audio drama in the last thread and i loved it! It follows a group of survivors after a zombie outbreak in LA, i haven't been able to find anything like it. Any recommendations?

anyone? pretty drunk and i'd like somehting new tro listen to

Wh40k audio dramas are great to listen to. Old HP Lovecraft radio dramas are neat.

Futuristic and dystopian?

Go outside newfag.

kek oh boy, i;ve spotted the tryhard!

War Of The Worlds 1938 radio broadcast is pretty neat too

Anymore like these? Bumping with one of my favorite episodes

This isn't a movie or anything but has anyone heard of The Machine by HP? I saw a commercial and decided to look into it, apparently its going to change computing i just cant find out what the fuck it actually is and how its going to work

kinda reminds me of the Alice Garden Pods from Deus Ex

Anyone?

Where is this from?

What the fuck?

Lol dunno, they're from some artist named Simon Stalenhag, most of his works are pretty neat futuristic type stuff.

Here's his site, tons of dope futuristic concept paintings

simonstalenhag.se/

Op here, wasn't expecting this thread to still be up thanks dudes

Also should I drink yhe last beer in my six pack or call it a night?

Dune is shit.

What's it about?

Ghost in the Shell is a fucking must watch, even people that dislike anime need to see it. I'm one of those.

Shit, forgot to recommened you Armitage III

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armitage_III

Looks neat as fuck thanks user

Yeah I just got into anime, I'm only looking for the futuristic/cyberpunk stuff but the ones I've watched so far have been great! I'll watch that for sure, I know I played the psp game back in the day but I wasn't aware it was a movie as well

It is based on that yes.

Makes me wish things like that actually existed

no goign to lie that movie kinda sucked, but if you want a "monster" portrale, instead of a "faggot-prettyboy" portale, of vampires then its solid. beyond that the plot is kinda laughable

watch this movie, its amazing!

also wtf Holla Forums why wasnt this posted yet

Eh the plot is near imo, a world full of vampires and the blood supply is running out! The sort of futuristic aspects in it are cool as well

That movie is pretty dope, though some parts creeped me the fuck out for some reason

Anyone saved the other thread?