Holla Forums Questions and Support

Bring all your hardware, software and other troubles here.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ncurses
youtube.com/watch?v=vAnFnanDqy4https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFCFiSB2Fuk
tiny.cc/aegisvoat
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Windows_7#Post_installation_cleanup
techrepublic.com/article/intro-to-oop-understanding-classes-and-objects/
docs.python.org/3/tutorial/classes.html
youtu.be/fqEwYwl2PFI
bfy.tw/5tkU
sourceforge.net/projects/cupsdriverkodak/files/
aur.archlinux.org/packages/emacs-gtk2/
c.learncodethehardway.org/book/
thefreewindows.com/3005/unicode-support-in-winamp/
askubuntu.com/questions/493826/grub-rescue-problem-after-deleting-ubuntu-partition
forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?p=1760557
youtube.com/watch?v=qIOIe0nr6DQ
pastebin.com/raw/UWffBQbn:
biglinux.com.br/web/
electricstuff.co.uk/ipodlcd.html
playseatstore.com
playseatstore.com/thrustmaster-hotas-warthog.html),
gist.github.com/willurd/5720255
mp3tag.de/en/
youtube.com/watch?v=2Op3QLzMgSY)?
spit.mixtape.moe/view/bf0ef8ba
alternativeto.net/software/microsoft-paint/?platform=linux
wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/DM-Crypt_LUKS
wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Sakaki's_EFI_Install_Guide/Preparing_the_LUKS-LVM_Filesystem_and_Boot_USB_Key
bluishcoder.co.nz/2014/05/14/installing-nixos-with-encrypted-root-on-thinkpad-w540.html
partedmagic.com/clearing-the-administrator-password-in-windows/
github.com/pret/pokecrystal
github.com/pret/pokecrystal/blob/master/INSTALL.md
8ch.net/hola.html
voidy.droppages.com/420chancatalog/index.html
github.com/pret/pokemon-reverse-engineering-tools
github.com/pret/pokemon-reverse-engineering-tools#installing
github.com/pret/pokemon-reverse-engineering-tools#simple-asm-generation-example
pastebin.com/LGHeXxsy
community.linuxmint.com/tutorial/view/2
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What are some good alternatives for setting up safe burner accounts? That deletes all the info after I'm finished.

I want to use it for a money transaction.
Don't even want to risk something biting me in the ass years down the line like with Brendan Eich.

I have a PC I have just dug out from 3 years of no use, I stopped using it as it only booted 1 in 25 times I turned it on.

I now connected it back up, and when I turn it on, it just kind of goes-
"BEEEEEEEEEEEEBEBEEP"
and doesn't show a display, but if I turn my monitor on and off, it shows a white screen for 2-3 seconds before going back to standby.

Any ideas?

What's the best way to remove personal information about myself from as much of the internet as possible?

Change your name IRL and move to a new house.

Make sure cpu and ram plugged in and seated right.
Remove pci(e) cards and then see if it boots, something like a dedicated video card may draw more power than the psu can give.

Sounds like it's most likely either a dead psu or bad motherboard caps though. Check for obviously blown caps first, and if you see none try a different power supply, if that doesn't work use a multimeter to try and figure out if any caps are bad.

Also some shit motherboards refuse to boot if the cmos battery is dead, but that's probably not the issue.

Using false info in a transaction is wire fraud user

I'm donating to a charity, that allows user donations, with my real bank-account but I want to make sure it stays user even after I fill in e-mail.

My current e-mail is [email protected] and I want an airtight seal between my real name and the shit I do as user. The papers here worked with a "hacking" group here that got a hold of a database for anonymous users on a site that has the same reputation as 4chan/Holla Forums and they leaked the accounts and real names of the users. Plus spending 8 yrs on imageboards have instilled healthy paranoia about this shit.

What's the most likely reason for it not to work? The display says "there is no signal coming from your computer".

I only have 1 cable for it that came with the monitor; miniDP > DP. My graphics card should support DP 1.2 (which is supposedly required), but even if it didn't there's a downgrade compatibility mode of sorts on the monitor that would support older displayports. But when I enable the compatibility mode thing, the monitor just goes to sleep mode and nothing changes. My laptop shows no response whatsoever to the monitor/DP. I even updated Nvidia drivers but nothing changed.

Is it possible that I got a bad cable? Would a little speck of dust mess up the connection? The cable isn't one sided is it? The manual shows miniDP on computer and DP on monitor, but I have the opposite because my laptop doesn't have a miniDP.

I'm applying for an IT security junior position but I'm unsure how NIST / FISMA really matter.

I understand that NIST basically sets the standards such as choosing Rjindael for AES and setting the goals of FISMA, but I was asked by a job application to list how NIST and FISMA compliance 'worked'.

I don't want to seem completely clueless.

what's a good text editor for wangblows?

So a while back I got this tor router called the papa router. I never bothered to set it up and use it because shortly after I went out of country, but now I am back and thinking about plugging it in and using it. Is there any reason I should be cautious. Pic related, its the router.

Can someone explain what the deal is with xfinity to me? Why the hell can you use someone's Internet from across town. I heard that you're actually leeching off of other comcast user's routers, but I don't really get how it works.

For better or worse comcast has pretty much formed a monopoly in this city. They're the only ones with the rights to provide cable here.

What would I use to easily make a commandline based program something pretty with buttons? I don't want to entirely create a new program

this is in python btw

1 - Why doesn't Tor on Holla Forums work anymore?

2 - Is there any index of 'really light' pages that I can search through? I.e., pages of size

menu.lua
-- main menu for game-- event module is just a stub right now--local event = require "event"-- local variableslocal cursor = 1;local options = {"new game", "old game", "exit to DOS"};local menusize = table.getn(options)local _UP, _DOWN, _ENTER = 0, 1, 2 -- temporary valueslocal function menu(key)-- infinite menu loop while true do -- print all options, highlight one that cursor is over print ("menu " .. "cursor: " .. cursor .. " key: " .. key) for i = 1, menusize do if i == cursor then print("["..options[i].."]") else print(options[i]) end end -- wait coroutine.yield() -- move cursor up if up arrow is pressed and cursor is not at top if key == _UP and cursor >= 1 then cursor = cursor - 1 end -- move cursor down if down arrow is pressed and cursor is not at bottom if key == _DOWN and cursor

plugged my external hard drive into my laptop. it doesn't show up in the file manager.

It seems to be corrupted or something. How can I wipe it completely and start over.

I wanna back up my home folder

Try connecting a DVD player to it or something.

I'm not sure why, but it seems that laptops can't output video to some kinds of television sets even if the cables fit.

Reformat it. Just in case you don't know what that means, it's going to wipe all of the files on the drive. Make sure you don't accidentally reformat the wrong drive.

If that doesn't fix it, then it's probably broken.

yeah, how can I reformat it. it doesn't show up in gparted so I'm going to assume i need to do it the CLI way. the light is on and the drive is spinning so it does recognize that it's plugged in

Well also, if you're not used to Linux, you'll need to mount your drive to your filesystem. I'm not sure if Manjaro does that automatically for you like some babby distrobutions do.

Unplugging it, plugging it back in, and quickly typing:
dmesg | tail

manjaro usually shows it in the file manager and then you just click on it to mount it. I dunno how to do it it through the terminal.

mount /dev/sd

You should see what drive letter it was given doing what I told you here:

did dmesg | tail and got this.

[621614.609168] atkbd serio0: Unknown key pressed (translated set 2, code 0xd9 on isa0060/serio0).[621614.609186] atkbd serio0: Use 'setkeycodes e059 ' to make it known.[621614.609748] atkbd serio0: Unknown key released (translated set 2, code 0xd9 on isa0060/serio0).[621614.609758] atkbd serio0: Use 'setkeycodes e059 ' to make it known.[621614.611312] i915 0000:00:02.0: BAR 6: [??? 0x00000000 flags 0x2] has bogus alignment[626842.053156] usb 3-2: new high-speed USB device number 2 using xhci_hcd[626873.092472] usb 3-2: USB disconnect, device number 2[627953.819326] usb 4-2: new SuperSpeed USB device number 2 using xhci_hcd[629138.391602] usb 4-2: USB disconnect, device number 2[629147.970977] usb 4-1: new SuperSpeed USB device number 3 using xhci_hcd

what is the letter and number I gotta pop into the mounting command

I haven't seen that before. It should have something like:
[sdc] Assuming drive cache: write through
The important part is [sdc], because 'c' is the drive letter.

Also, just because the light is on and your drive is spinning doesn't mean the OS recognizes it. That just means that the drive is drawing power from your USB port.

a is the first device on the mobo, b is the second, and so on.
1 is the first partition on that device, 2 is the second and so on.
for example if you were interested in the second partition of the 3 HDD you would type /dev/sdc2.
to list the devices try lsblk.
once you discovered which is it run:
mount /dev/sd && dmesg | tail

The issue seems to be that it's not given a drive letter. After the output here
it should get a drive letter, which would be printed by dmesg.

so what do I do?

I don't know what to do if it's not being given a drive letter. Even if the filesystem were corrupt, it would still have a drive letter; you just wouldn't be able to mount it.

Try using a different USB port.

getting the same thing.

the only other computer within my vicinity is a mac. should i try it on that

maybe it's an hardware problem?
do lsblk or lsusb show anything interesting?

lsblk and lsusb respectively

Bus 002 Device 002: ID 8087:0024 Intel Corp. Integrated Rate Matching HubBus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hubBus 001 Device 003: ID 5986:02d5 Acer, Inc Bus 001 Device 013: ID 1058:0827 Western Digital Technologies, Inc. Bus 001 Device 002: ID 8087:0024 Intel Corp. Integrated Rate Matching HubBus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hubBus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hubBus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

NAME MAJ:MIN RM SIZE RO TYPE MOUNTPOINTsda 8:0 0 465.8G 0 disk ├─sda1 8:1 0 18.6G 0 part /├─sda2 8:2 0 953.7M 0 part [SWAP]└─sda3 8:3 0 446.2G 0 part /homesr0 11:0 1 1024M 0 rom

That's just your internal drive and your CD drive, I think.

oh i figured out

Bus 001 Device 013: ID 1058:0827 Western Digital Technologies, Inc. is my external

Yeah. I could see from dmesg before that it was recognized as a USB device, which is what lsusb lists (list usb).

lsblk (list block) lists block devices, which is basically drives, but I think can also include loop devices or virtual drives.

So it doesn't think your external HDD is a block device.

so how should I got about fixing that?

try on another computer

Try using a different computer to see if the drive is really broken. You may also not have drivers installed for external HDDs. Those use different drivers for thumbdrives, I think. I'd expect Manjaro to come with those, though.

help

bamp

Curses?

what

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ncurses

is it fairly easy to just run a text based program in it without doing much to it?

Sorry to be repetitive about it, but I just wanted to bring attention to this subject again. If anyone has the time to provide a bit of advice.

What?

wat

i cant seem to install it

is there anything for wangblows???

"without doing much to it"
What do you mean by this?

I can't filter posts and Id-s, is the problem on my part? Or codemonkey just fucked my shit up?

I have a pretty old pc and was reorganizing my set, and had to move it a whole 3 feet and know it won't turn on. I've done a bit of searching and everything is giving me the same answers, to reseat and unplug everything. Now I have tried all of that but it's still not powering up. The motherboard does have a solid orange light so it is getting power. Literally nothing happened to it, I'm not pretending i didn't drop it or something i literally picked it up walked 3 feet and gently set it down and here i am. I'm posting from my wiiu so forgive any errors.

How do I run/Install a .sh file?
I tried chmod +x but it always tells me such a directory doesn't exist, although it quite clearly exists because I have copypasted it from the properties window.
Also gave it permission to run as programm and it still doesn't, it just opens an empty window that crashes.

I tried using sh file.sh in terminal and it couldn't acces (didn't say no such directory) then I dragged the file from my external drive to my main Linux Drive and suddenly it worked....for now. Still installing.
Might it be that a drive having a space in its name can't be properly addressed by commandlines?

Copypaste the commands you are using to access it, and the contents of file.sh; or at least something similar to it.

It's trying to run a command in your PATH rather than the current directory. You need ./ at the start, like ./install.sh

This is done so if you cd into some directory and run some command like "ls" or "nano" you can't end up running a program inside that directory (which could be malicious).

I installed blender via the Software center but I want to upgrade to the newest version. I don't want to remove or uninstall since I have a lot of personalized settings.
Can I use the 2.77 tarball to upgrade my 2.76 version or should I just wait till whoeveritdoes adds the newest version to the software center?

Ok, something really weird just happened:

I have a huge 1.8TB external hardrive, to which I have several links, for example in Nautilus.
But when I tried to access them via the bookmarks it said I can't access them. Also, the folder-icon of the bookmarks was replaced with a standard file icon.
I can still access the folder, the bookmakrs are rotten. Also, when using Darktable, trying to access my images fails for the same reason ("currently unavailable") but I can just normally reload all the images manually and add them to my roll(which is a pain in the butt).

And finally, I tried to change the permissions of my folders but can't. When I try to change the permission of "others" to a folder, it instantly switches back to "create and delete files"

I constantly get this in my modem logs:

02:13:09 (since last boot) xDSL linestate up (downstream: 9998 kbit/s, upstream: 740 kbit/s; output Power Down: 2.0 dBm, Up: 4.5 dBm; line Attenuation Down: 10.0 dB, Up: 6.5 dB; snr Margin Down: 16.5 dB, Up: 16.0 dB)02:12:48 (since last boot) xDSL linestate down02:06:18 (since last boot) xDSL linestate up (downstream: 9998 kbit/s, upstream: 740 kbit/s; output Power Down: 2.0 dBm, Up: 4.5 dBm; line Attenuation Down: 10.0 dB, Up: 6.5 dB; snr Margin Down: 16.5 dB, Up: 16.0 dB)02:05:39 (since last boot) xDSL linestate down

Any idea what would cause it to constantly go down and up?

I just noticed something in Blender: The directory "My Book" (which is the name of the external drive) no longer exists, but has been renamed to "My Book1"
WTF happened there? Does Ubuntu doe this if an error occurs?

does self destructing cookies addon work on incognito?

Check the motherboard's beep codes, they should be located in the board's manual (google for it). For my board, a sustained beep until shutdown is due to a CPU overheat.

I don't want to add onto the program a bunch

I'd rather just create a window and run something to embed the script into a little window or some shit

Oddly specific problem, but it doesn't deserve its own thread.
I'm trying to hex edit a file which is a color map. it's 16 pixels tall by 4 pixels wide, and each pixel is stored in a 64bpp A16B16G16R16F format, so each channel uses a half-precision float to store its value. So far so good. In the file, the MSB of a 64-bit sequence is the LSB of the above. In other words, the MSB of the alpha channel's 16-bit float is at the LSB of the 64-bit sequence. So everything is reversed. I've found this by looking at a few white pixels, which have this hex code:
003C(red channel) 003C(green channel) 003C(blue channel) 003C(alpha channel)
003C is 0000 0000 0011 1100. If we reverse this, and group the numbers according to the half-precision format, we get:
0 01111 0000000000
Un-bias the exponent by subtracting 15 (01111):
0 00000 0000000000
(-1)^0 x 2^0 x 1.0000000000 = 1, or white in FP color form. Yay, I did it. But then it doesn't come out right for other hex codes. For example, another 16 bit sequence in the file is F822. Applying the above method:

F822 = 1111 1000 0010 0010
Reverse and group. 0 10001 0000011111
10001 - 01111 = 10001 + 10001 = 00010 = 2
(-1)^0 x 2^2 x 1.0000011111

which is greater than 1, so this number shouldn't be a valid value for any channel, right? But then if we DON'T reverse the order of the bits, we get:

F822 = 1 11110 0000100010
11110 - 01111 = 11110 + 10001 = 01111 = 15
(-1)^0 x 2^15 x 1.0000100010

which is DEFINITELY greater than one. Does anyone have a clue what I'm doing wrong?

I uninstalled Chrome yesterday because I don't know why I had it for that long and installed Firefox and it makes my PC chug. Is Freenet a good browser and if not what about Tor, I want something free of spying and runs lightly.

it's not a browser
it's based on firefox
with web 2.0? haha. dillo or something.

Anyone know how to prevent browser fingerprinting? I want all four checkmarks

So I have a little vm server I manage at work. We are cheap as fuck but I still want to do accelerated graphics for my users. Currently running vmware esxi.

I want to share one GPU with all my vm's concurrently.

From what I have found vmware and xenserver can only do this with NVIDIA’s Grid cards or AMD FirePro S series cards, which are each over $1000 for even the cheapest models. I don't know if KVM supports anything past a 1 to 1 pass through.

But Hyper-V with its RemoteFX I can use any cheap consumer grade DirectX 11 compatible card. I don't want to use hyper-v but it's looking like if I want accelerated graphics on my vm's at a cheap price that's about the only option available.

Please someone tell me I've overlooked something.

-also I did look into nvidia consumer cards being modified to report to be grid compatible to the os but what I read it still does not work for this particular use case, please tell me if I'm wrong.

ultrasonically clean then reflow all your boards

youtube.com/watch?v=vAnFnanDqy4https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFCFiSB2Fuk

Which graphics driver should i use on my T430 (Intel HD4000 only), the ones from the lenovo site or the most recent one available from the Intel site?

s-somebody?

This is the containment thread where the shove us all in so they can ignore us more easily.

Also there are no id's here only names, so no one can filter by id.

os?

Windows 7 and Debian

Just wondering, where can I find the latest list of things to remove from the win7 telemetry updates as of recent?

Had to reinstall because some shit was missing, now I'm back with the new super shekel goyforce 6million no freewill win10 fuck you in the ass offer 2 electric boogaloo.

tiny.cc/aegisvoat
Gets rid of every known spyware shit.

wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Windows_7#Post_installation_cleanup
Is also a handy reference for stuff you may want to tweak.

Windows 7 go for the intel ones, debian should have the free drivers already installed.

lel

What are some good/sane GUI libraries Holla Forums? I usually make command line programs, but I want to get some experience making some GUI based ones.

I guess i have to uninstall the lenovo drivers first

Can anyone explain me how a "class" works in python?

maybe it's better you use the ones from lenovo's site like it says to avoid breaking the os.

techrepublic.com/article/intro-to-oop-understanding-classes-and-objects/

docs.python.org/3/tutorial/classes.html

depends on the language and platform
probably qt for class platform

What books would you recommend to a CS1 noob to get into MySQL?

Any books you remember using in college

Depends on what your experience is and what you mean "get into."
Just developing, or DBA focused? No experience or some experience with SQL in general?

Anyone got any answers for this at all pls?

Does anyone know if the Intel AC-7260 is on the whitelist for the T420?

Is this my only other option? Buying a ultrasonic cleaner would cost more than the computer itself let alone finding an oven i can use and a place i can use it at.

I use apache and PHP for web applications, Java for GUI applications and python for anything else.

The majority of the criticism these things get is them being either slow or resource hungry.

I never yet came across any severe lack of performance.
What obvious advantages will I see when I use things that 4/Holla Forums /g/ Holla Forums likes?

Or, when would I see any?

self bump, I really don't want to be fingerprinted please help

if you use a user agent spoofer then fingerprinting becomes useless

I’ve read OOP is cancer and all, but there’s still something that bothers me. Let’s say I define a class called entity with an empty Think method (run each frame for physics and behavior purposes) and derive several other classes from it (such as light, particle or animal), each of which will have a different Think method. In my main loop, I’ll write something like this:
for(i=0; i

uTox is becoming more and more broken with each update.
It's like they are intentionally coding in crucial errors that make it unusable.

What reliable communicators would Holla Forums recommend?

skype, you hipster fuck

there is literally no advantage of tox over skype

Oh, sorry, I did not realize facebook changed its layout. I thought I was on Holla Forums.=
My bad.

Just use a different Tox client?
Everyone knows uTox was a cancerous "STRAIGHT C" client.

I impulse bought pic related for 3 whole dollars and it still works.

What is the best way to use it? Is there another ay to use it other than what it's intended for? Should I just resell is for a higher price?

is that a router?

can I replace the disc-reader from the 1001 playstation scph-1001 with the one from the psone? from what I've heard the psone had a metal one, so it's going to last longer

hey Holla Forums, I have a partition that I used to install linux to. I'm dualbooting linux mint and windows 7, but I never use linux mint on this PC so I want to be able to use the space linux is taking up. How do I merge it with my windows one? If that's not possible, is it possible to wipe it and use it as a separate drive or something? I'm not entirely sure what it's called, but an example would be C:/ or D:/ etc

Business firewall/VPN. I don't think I'd use it as a VPN when its location is at my house. I think it can support 25 users.

shit, put 1001 in there twice. sorry, just woke up

found out here youtu.be/fqEwYwl2PFI

help i have no hard drive space

I'm having some serious problems with my internet connection.

When I first moved to this address less than a year ago, I had a ~450kB/s download speed and could seed at around 50kB/s. The connection was always dodgy though and would drop completely for several minutes at a time, several times a day.

Before long, more serious troubles arose. My connection started dropping to 180kB/s and the only way to get my 450kB/s download speed back was by turning off the router and turning it back on again. Some days this happened multiple times a day, other days it didn't happen at all.

The above problems have since gone away, but now I have a new problem - my download speed now goes no higher than ~250kB/s and seeding at anything more than 16kB/s results in my connection being totally unusable. For the briefest of moments I am able to get a speed near 450kB/s after resetting my router, but within a second or two it drops down to ~250kB/s again and never goes any higher (see pic).

Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this or how I can fix it?

You should definitely call up your ISP and explain the situation as it sounds like it is coming from their end. Has the router/moden been cleaned? As it might be overheating. Another option, is there any updates to the router/modem and have they been applied?
As in no free space left?

Just do what you did when you went to into install Mint. Boot up the LiveCD, open gparted, delete Mint`s / hopefully /home is on a seperate partition, right??, apply it then reboot into Windows and use the built in drive manager to apply the free space to Windows.

can anyone give me info on why or how this happened? Everything is working fine so far, it just spooked the hell out of me!

29 gb

Is there any way to delete the partition on wangblows? I don't have the usb anymore

fug I wasted this get

Those are some nices as digits you have there. I thought a get was x00000. You are able to it delete from Windows as the partition will show up as unrecognised. However this will make it way way easier to accidently delete /home.

Why do I need to keep /home? And I don't think I have them on seperate partitions

can anyone give me info on why or how this happened? Everything is working fine so far, it just spooked the hell out of me!

You don`t I am just trying to impart the importance of it as it stores 99.99% of what GNU/Linux user would care about. Feel free to remove it. I just heavily suggest that everyone has at least a separate partition for / and /home so that if the distro shit`s it's self through minor kenel update a reinstall of it can be done with our fear of /home getting wiped at losing all of your userland configs.

ok

I've been putting that off because they're usually no help at all, but I might have to give it a try.

The router is pretty new. I don't think there's really anything on it that can be cleaned.

To quote my router's settings page thingy:

It happens at Holla Forums

I delete my post about that Holla Forums as the answer was right in front of me and I just had to RTFP.

ISP provided router are usually below shit tier and usually don`t recive many if any updates.
Has the number of users on the network increased during the time period? Also has the usage profile of the network changed during the period? E.g. Mostly viewing websites and streaming to Torrenting.

i just fixed up an old computer and put linux mint on it. however, due to compatibility issues, i want to now dual boot to a windows OS (preferably 7).

is there a way i can legally get win7 for free?

bfy.tw/5tkU

Witty. I'm not that user, but don't you need product keys as well? Are key generators on torrent sites even legit?

what compatibility issues?

if you want to acquire it legally of course you need product keys.

mostly, printer wont work. there are no drivers out there for mine (kodak 2170) and no similar ones work. i guess the workaround most people use it to use google print but that's not an option for me.

and i tried using the disk that came with the printer but it wont run.

sourceforge.net/projects/cupsdriverkodak/files/

shit dont work. nor does the other million variant kodak drivers mint had me try.
there's a reason the workaround is usually "google print" instead of "device driver that actually works"

tried compiling it?

im still pretty new to linux. what do you mean by that?

Nigga read a book.

or at least the documentation

(1) download c2esp27.tar.gz
(2) decompress and extract
(3) execute this in a terminal emulator cd /insert/here/the/path/to/c2esp27/
(4) run ``make"
(5) if it run successfully run ``sudo make install"
(6) connect the printer via USB
(7) open the printer program and see what happens.

Is there a good 8ch app after exodus?

Overchan is pretty dam good and has all of the features of exodus and then some.

Isn't there usually a requirement to run . /configure before running make?

no, only projects that use autoconf (aka autohell.)

I guess I'll just take my pc to a shop.

Anyone got a guide how make w10 less shit? Co-worker bought a gayming laptop with preinstalled 10 and only other supported os is 8.1, which is not something I want to touch.

When verifying something via GPG, is it necessary to check the fingerprint or is GPG saying good signature enough? It's always annoying when they don't provide the fingerprints.

Due to reasons, I absolutely am required to have a copy of Windows (non KVM CPU, so Qemu runs like ass)

I have settled on Windows Server Edition 2016

But my computer is not UEFI

Is there any way to harness GRUB to fake/compatible UEFI boot or something like that?

im still in the process of learning these things, but is there a reason you can't flash your BIOS to a UEFI?

Hello Holla Forums.

I do not frequent this board often and I do not browse this board that much. I do however have a gaming computer. I just completed re-routing my cables after having a shit cable management for a while.

Now to the question. I do now that what SATA connector you plug to your boot drive can have an impact on your preformance. I have now plugged my SSD into the Intel Z77 SATA_1 6gb/s connector with the storage drive connected in the second 6gb intel port under.

My question is. If I had them connected differently before, will my motherboard recognize them when I boot them up now? Or will i have to enter the BIOS?

I'm trying to build emacs-gtk2 from here aur.archlinux.org/packages/emacs-gtk2/

and I'm getting this error

Dumping under the name emacs/bin/sh: line 7: 10752 Segmentation fault (core dumped) ./temacs --batch --load loadup bootstrapMakefile:815: recipe for target 'bootstrap-emacs' failedmake[1]: *** [bootstrap-emacs] Error 1

anyone know whats the problem and how to debug

Hey Guys,

There's a modem on my Thinkpad and I've been itching to relive the glory days of dial up (not that my throttled phone tether is much faster). I've been searching for free dialup, but the only providers are limited to specific states (none of which are mine), or still offer 10 free hours but as it turns out don't offer that anymore. Looked up AT&T, they charge users $3 shy of their 3Mbs package for dialup. fucking jews. Anywho, given the concentration of LibreBootin' autists on this board I figure someone out there knows about an alternative.

t. A Bottom Feeding, Scum Sucking Shitlord

No
There are no EFI-compatible updates to this motherboard

I've never wired a thing in my life, but I wanted to wire something up.

In pic related, what is this silver wire stuff? I know the thing around the color coded wires was shielding, but what is the wire stuff that around the shielding?

Also shielding, and often used as negative power lead/ground.

My computer's Dell BIOS has a "boot to utility partition" option when you turn it on

I want to set up this utility partition with the GRUB rescue CD ISO because that's exactly what I'd want on hand if my bootloader ever got fubared
How can I do this?

Oh okay. Can I safely remove that out of curiosity?

How come when I plug in my graphics card, instead of using my motherboard's onboard graphics unit, I get a screen with...

[ 0.6519321 Failed to find cpu0 device notde
starting version 229
/dev/sda1: recovering journal
/dev/sda1: clean, 309790/121626624 files, 27982699/486478788 blocks

...which just stays there?

I'm running Manjaro's latest version, and this graphics card is an Asus GeForce GT610.

How do I really make sure that I dont get windows 10? I have removed update "KB3035583 " and I have autoupdate disabled. Is there anythig else I need to do?

I finally managed to root my zte blade l3 with kingroot, now i need to know if there is a way to replace the kingroot app with supersu

I've recently run into a weird problem.
I'm running Xubuntu.
I torrented several video files this morning.
I set up a playlist in Parole containing about 7 files and started watching.
I got through 5 files flawlessly.
About halfway through the 6th file(a .mkv) I experienced a huge system crash. My entire system rebooted and I assumed I had a power interruption or something. After my system came back online, I forwarded the video to the same point, pressed play, and experienced a crash in the exact same spot. I figured the file was corrupted, but I don't understand how playing a video file could cause a complete system reboot. To rule out any other causes, I tried playing the file with mpv and experienced the same issue. I deleted the file and .torrent, and started redownloading everything. I went to watch the other file(an .avi) and had the same crash immediately in both Parole and Mpv. So I deleted that one too and redownloaded. Long story sort I have two files crashing my whole god damn system and my torrent site is SUPER 1337 H@X0R, invite only. What the fuck is going on, where do I even begin troubleshooting this. Google was no help. Fuck me with a rake.

Sure. It'll work fine without shielding as well, but you'll get more interference. Shouldn't be a problem for digital signals though (Seems like this is a USB-cable, no?) as long as the cable isn't too long. After that you might get data-issues but nothing 'dangerous' unless you're using it in life-support systems lol.

Help.

I bought a pile of parts to assemble a new computer, and the thing has given me nothing but bullshit for 4 days now. Absolutely everything has required extensive troubleshooting, and it took fortune and God to even get the drives to cooperate long enough to get Windows 7 installed. Since then, it's been one BSOD or failure to boot altogether after another. BluescreenViewer doesn't show a fourth of my BSODs, and they come at any time, even just now before I could put my password in to log in, and frequently for a dozen different reasons. The thing is actively regressing on me: whenever I finally consent to pass out for a few hours before working on it again, I wake up to find a new problem. Two days ago it threw a hissy fit and started giving me the Bad Processor beep code, and I had to disassemble it completely to get to the CPU.

Most recently, Windows Memory Diagnostic crashed at 99% completion, leaving me without results besides a "No problems have been detected yet". I threw my one stick of RAM into a different slot and am running it again presently, but I'm not optimistic about getting anything useful at all out of it. Many of the BSOD codes indicate a video problem, but I can't even get the nVidia Experience panel up to update the drivers. It just loads a black box and immediately goes to Not Responding.

It's like the whole computer wants to die, and there are no right answers to move forward in troubleshooting it.

wut do

Memory Diagnostic crashed at 99% again, as predicted.

I'm going to install Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB soon on a second PC that I acquired. I must do this for professional reasons. I know I'm going to get fucked in the ass by the botnet but I want to at least stuff a couple condoms up my butthole first.

What is the best script/guide to disable as much of W10's spyware/auto updates/bloat as possible?

Fucking Christ, it only happens on that device too, the files play fine on two of my other rigs. One of those is running Xubuntu as well. How the fuck does this happen? Two files with different extensions, out of countless I play cause a full fucking crash on one specific device on two separate players? I'd be happy with any speculation at this point.

Does someone have a stallman version of this?
I know it's a really minor question but fuck it, I just got linked to the stallman page for misspelling a word/misusing a term slightly.

Where to learn C?

Alright sounds good, and yes, it is a USB cable.

My modem is getting way too hot so I'm going to plug in a 3-pin fan on the USB port on it to give it some extra cooling since it keeps overheating. I saw someone with the same model do something similar.

Did you retorrent it on your other machine or did you just copy it from your first rig?

Shot in the dark here, but perhaps hard drive failure?

How about: c.learncodethehardway.org/book/

If you want to make more advanced programs in your terminal you'll want to look at ncurses somewhere down the line, or just some conio.h stuff if you are on Windows and don't care.

If you want to make GUI programs, take a look into QT or GTK. Even if you are on Windows I would suggest this since WinAPI applications are garbage. I can't speak for GTK, but for QT you'll need to know C++.

Completely unrelated to the graphics card
It has to do with your hard drives being unmounted improperly, probably due to a power page

One of my hard drives smart values, the power on count attribute, suddenly got reset. I didnt know this was possible, do you think I should be worried and is there something I need to do? Every other value and the drive itself work fine, did short and long self test, power cycled many times and unplugged it. Its just weird.

My cousin begged me to fix his lapshit's wifi since I'm considered the tech guy in my family even though I'm tech-illiterate.

Firstly, I made sure he wasn't being a fat retard and flipped on and off airplane mode, then I made sure his LAN and WLAN drivers were installed; No dice, so I called it a night and had his OS reinstall to factory settings like the lazy fucker I am (I made sure he saved his porn to a flash drive before he gave me his cumpooty). Now I come home from work a couple hours ago and I'm still not having any luck.

Is there any way I can fix or at the very least diagnose this issue? Maybe through CLI or something? I thought it might have been a firmware issue, but my cousin is too stupid to fuck something up that deep when his laptop is just a glorified facebook and LoL machine.
Could it be hardware? I read the maintenance manual, it never mentions any wifi chip and only has a few excerpts on LAN.

Here's a sandwich to grab attention.

Guys I did something stupid. I was having trouble with thunar so I put in the following command:
exec startxfce4 --with-ck-launch-session
And all it did is royally fuck up my file system. Everything is jumbled everywhere and there are weird extensions on files that shouldn't be where they are et cetera.
What the fuck did I do?

...Oh. It had nothing to do with that command. Those files are all hidden files, and the reason they showed up is because I enabled [SHOW HIDDEN FILES].
Well, I'm still a retard but at least I'm not a retard that's fucked his file system.

There is a way to sign up on vk.com without using your phone number or buying a disposable sim?
There is something i want to search/download but this fucking site wants a number and the site to receive sms online don't work.

what can I do to fix this? This is russian Cyrillic but it shows up like this in written format, it's bullshit.
I have the Cyrillic font installed.

I can type cyrillic with no problems though see фывпыфвпыфплыфвпдырмфылвопрфыдлп

Ever heard of character encoding?
This old piece of shit probably assumes Latin-1 encoding.
Use something newer.

is this 2005?
use a player that has utf-8 playlists

thanks

also, do you mind recommending me some?

I'm assuming you don't want Holla Forums recommendations like mpd+ncmpc or mpv, so i'd recommend you songbird since it's open source

alright, thanks.

Then why do I get that screen whenever I use that graphics card, but when I boot my PC without it there are no problems?

Any advice?

What language should i look at out of D, Nim & Rust?

Rust

.NET native compilation works with Universal windows project targeting Win 10. Is it possible to use this with normal Win 7 C# project?

Basically i want to use UPX and some other tools but it's not available for .NET assembly.

ngen.exe - outputs image that is not PE executable
IL2C - fails with forms code

Try this: thefreewindows.com/3005/unicode-support-in-winamp/

If you want to keep the look and feel of Winamp, look up Audacious.

Try booting a Mint live USB, and see if the wifi works on that
What's the card, anyway?

Now whenever I start up my PC there's a grub error and I can't load wangblows at all

pls help

my partition with windows is sitll there but i just cant boot it up

muh games

edit your grub config, it's not that hard

What do you mean? In that video that guy is booting into linux. I can't do that, there is no linux os there. I don't think I even have a config file if it was stored on linux.

grub.cfg is in your /boot folder.

btw, what the hack you were trying to do? I didn't read your earlier post.

I use those prepaid gift cards at e.g., Walmart checkout aisles

Guys

My computer only has one PCIe slot, which currently has a Radeon HD 7450 in it.

I want to use more than 2 monitors however, for battlestation mode.

I only do light gaming (TF2, various GBA/NES/SNES/N64 games, and Minecraft 1.7.3 Beta); would it hurt my performance on those games to attach an old graphics card into a PCI slot to connect extra monitors? Would that even work as a way to have extra monitors?

I can't switch from windows because it's a work computer

what the fuck, I've never seen this before

You could try the automatic system repair from the boot menu Or just get Windows 10 since it probably isn't going to fucking kill you at this point or get GNU/Linux and hope using Wine doesn't interfere with your workflow somehow

What /boot folder? Where do I access it if I can't get into any OS? Are you saying to live boot some distro?

I was trying to delete my linux partition and give the extra space to windows, which I did. It worked fine, until I turned my PC off and when I came back there was a grub error.

so, i have a laptop with windows vista on it but i don't have the password. i can, however, boot it from an external device and gain access to all the files and folders on the hard drive. is there somewhere i can look to find the password?

I got an Asus M2N68-AM SE2 AM2+/AM3 motherboard with only 2GB of ram, can i upgrade the ram to 8GB with these samsung 4GB sticks?. I tried to look for the motherboard specs and it says it only supports 2 x DIMM, máx. 4GB

I am having this goofy as fuck issue with Xubuntu randomly corrupting a file and every time that file is attemped to write it locks my entire boot partition file system. I can alleviate it for a time once I painstakingly track down and delete the corrupted file in question, but eventually it happens to me again at some point. Running a dual boot with loonix on ext3 and WinXP on NTFS if that helps.

Locks my entire partition to write-protect, I mean. Effectively breaks whatever I'm working on and forces me to shut down since I have no idea how to undo it otherwise.

check that your motherboard is compatible with DDR2. if it's not, then those sticks wont even fit in it. DIMM is far too generic to give any information on what kind of RAM your motherboard can take.

in general though, the OS architecture has a larger impact on RAM capacity than the board itself. a 32 bit architecture will hold up to 4 gigs while a 64 bit can hold much more (but is very dependent on the exact OS you're using). the reason 32 bit is usually preferred over 64 is the fact that 64 bit OS's aren't backwards compatible with 16 bit applications.

You fucked up man, don't you know when you install grub, it means it replace your default boot loader in master boot record with grub. You need the /boot folder or its dedicated /boot partition from linux so that grub able to recognize OSes in your hardisk.

If you want extra space then you supposed to shrink the linux partition, not deleting it.

btw, here's a hard fix you could do so that you could boot into your windows.

in your grub menu press C and it will go to grub command line interface, then type:

root (hd0,
then press tab. it will list all your partition in your hardisk. Find which one is your windows recovery partition from the list.

backspace everything then type
root (hd0,0)

press enter then type
chainloader +1

and enter

*(hd0,0) means it will boot into your recovery windows partition. ,0) is your first partition in your hardisk which usually where your windows recovery partition is located.
To be frank, I don't know where is your recovery partition is. You need need to check from the partition list that shown to you.

after that reboot, if you get into windows recovery, then you able to fix everything by choosing fixmbr option.

the board uses DDR2 modules, there are 2 x 1GB 667 MHz sticks currently installed on the board, the current OS of the machine is Windows 7 32 bit but i'll just switch it with a 64 Bit version of Windows 7 or Debian.

sasuga, no reply

it should work fine then.

how is debian?
my current bitch is mint. i have used ubuntu but didn't like it, and i tried to make an installation disk for puppy linux but i think i goofed and installed the entire OS on the DVD. either that or the installation utility is hiding somewhere.

How do I get into the grub menu?

Whatever screen you get at the grub, just press C, and it will probably show you

grub>
like a terminal where you can start typing commands.

all I have is "grub rescue>"

pressing C only types C into it

I just started using it recently, installation was simple and it runs fine at the moment, maybe you should ask someone else about debian

So I've been encountering this issue recently where parts of the colors on the screen become yellow and display as yellow even though it's completely off of the surroundings. I'm on a laptop, how do I fix this? I took a random pic ingame and then using my cell phone camera since apparently the artifacting only shows on my screen.

If my monitor is royally fucked, what's the cheapest monitor+AM3 socket CPU+GPU bundle I can buy to fix up my other PC?

In my quest to git gud at video editing on Linux, I have turned to the Compositor of Blender.
I previously used Strip modifiers but the available UI space to work with was crap.
So now here I am and the moment and I already have some questions(I haven't gotten further yet but if the trouble starts now I better find out what it is.
1. I tried making that rusty-red statue to the left darker by lowering brightness of the red in hue correct, but instead I get these really dark artifacts. Where does that come from? also happens when I do it in strip modifiers
2. When I use brightness+Contrast, I can up to very high values make the entire set negate each other (see how the contrast/brightness is set and how top and bottom half of the picture are identical except for the red parts). SHould this be possible? I didn't know this was possible.
3. Is it possible to get files from the compositor directly into movie editing (strips) so I don't have to render to file from compositor and then from file into video editing?
4. speaking of, what does the "File Output" node do? I tried using it to render to a file but it doesn't. If there is no composite linked it just creates a black screen (for which it still takes like gajillion minutes)
I shot this as MP4 HD (720P) on a Lumix G7, purely as test footage for this purpose. also I slightly underexposed and undersaturated for this, because I heard people recommend that.
5. In a testrun, i calculated that for 25fps 4k at 8000kb/s material I'd need 8,4 seconds per frame, which would mean a 15 minute piece would take almost an hour. Is this because I'm using blender wrong or is it really this inefficient. I might have to upgrade soon.

I'm starting to feel that Blender might not actually be good enough to compete with Lightworks (which is an usability nightmare) and Da Vinci Resolve (For which I'd need to dualboot windows, because who the fuck programms a video editing tool for CENTOS only?)

BTW I'm not talking "Musicvideo with lyrics" editing or "vidya gaemz on Youtube" editing.

Any pointers/help?

if it's grub rescue> then the commands are a bit more different

rootnoverify(hd0,

Nevermind I just redid the math. It's 52 HOURS not MINUTES of rendering time.
Yepp, for really medium image quality of 8mbs I need to render 52 fucking hours.

I have multiple functions to help count different types of queries. The one that counts template includes is as follows:

function fetch_template($source) { global $settings; static $query = 0; $resource_path = 'inc/templates/'.$source.'.php'; if(file_exists($resource_path)) { global $system; global $style; global $phrases; require($resource_path); $query++; } return $query; }

I can get the number of queries easily by doing something like

print(fetch_template('null'))

However, the function that adds the query types

function query_count() { $total_queries = count(get_included_files()); $template_queries = fetch_template('null'); $total_queries = $total_queries + $template_queries; return $total_queries; }

doesn't return shit except for the total of get_included_files(). In this case, fetch_template() always returns a 0.

I'm certain it has to do with scope, and I've now been fiddling with this for over an hour and a half. Any ideas?

it says the command "rootnoverify(hd0," is unknown. Also I tried "rootnoverify(hd0,0)" too and it said the same. Also pressing tab does nothing.

same for:

"chainloader +1"
"makeactive"
"rootnoverify(hd0,0)"
"boot"

I fixed the problem

I found an old wangblows recovery disc and I went to the troubleshooting area in "repair your pc"

went to command prompt and typed in:
Bootrec /fixmbr

I found this on the thread below btw from Dimitris' comment

askubuntu.com/questions/493826/grub-rescue-problem-after-deleting-ubuntu-partition

I'm not familiar with grub rescue> to be honest.

try look here for more pointers forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?p=1760557

key points that you need to set prefix= and set root= at the correct partition that have grub.cfg file.

after you correctly set that up, you should able to load grub menu with insmod normal like what the site described.

good luck.

I actually did try exactly that as well prior to your post and it still didn't work. I suspect hardware failure. Not sure what the wifi chip is, I'd actually have to go to ASSUS' site to punch in the piece of shit's model number.

Hey tech, for whatever reason getting really slow wifi speeds, even when I'm like 5 feet from the router. Wired runs at full speed. What the hell is going on? This started recently.

Go restore the windows bootloader you nignog. Which wangblows did you have? (7, 8, 21, 10 etc)?

nevermind, found a way around it.
vid related
youtube.com/watch?v=qIOIe0nr6DQ
shit's cool
skip to 8:30

Okay, I fucked up my HD as I mentioned here and apparently I can just fix it with a recovery disk. I'm rummaging around for a Windows recovery disk, but might it be possible to use the installer (Debian) CD? There is a recovery mode, but /bin/sh: diskpart: not found so is there a different command?

Is there another way to 'embed' CGI scripts in a webpage other than SSI? I'm looking to avoid SSI if at all possible.

The following is a random keyword the nsa monitors via pastebin.com/raw/UWffBQbn: ISS

Just fagging again to ask if anyone has any tips in regards to this.

I'm thinking of setting up a text-only chat server with a VPN using wireless internet (because my wired internet is notoriously shitty and unreliable). Exactly how bad of an idea is this?

Whatever unreliability you have with the wired connection will not get better switching to wireless, since you'll still be going through the wired section after the airwaves

It's not the exchange that's the problem, and it's not the house wiring nor the wire running to the phone pole; there's a gremlin between my house and the exchange that causes drop-outs in bad weather. I'd be using my regular box for everyday shit, and then have another box for the chat server over the air.

Are there any additional security measures I should take? Should I route the connection further through another vpn?

How do I install a tar.bz2 file?
All the guides online use descriptions along the line of "How to do a triple summersault: put your left foot in front of the left foot, then do a triple summersault"
It's kind of urgent, since ALL of my photos just decided to get corrupted and I cant open them anymore (the folder stays completely blank)

I just reformatted an external USB harddrive as NTFS and now it won't mount.
When I plug it in, it appears for the fraction of a second and then disappears again.
What is that?
Also, when trying to access my normal, secondary internal harddrive it says
Unable to acces "Big_Linux"
No object for D-Bus interface

Anyone know something about that?

So Now I'm using Photorec to recover my pictures and it recovers A LOT of stuff, including some images I deleted, but not nearly enough.
But what it also recovers is LOADS AND LOADS of .xml files and NONE of the RAW files. Which are the oney that I am actually interested in.
Should I wait it out or use another programm? Is there still hope?
Currently at 44 minutes running, 57 minutes estimated remaining (still growing)

is this the distro you're using? biglinux.com.br/web/

that's all that comes up when i search "Big_Linux"

wait... you aren't saying you reformatted a hard drive with data on it, right?
you can't possibly be that stupid... right?

Actually managed to get a game running in wine, but the refresh rate is locked at 24hz. I tried changing the .config, but my guess is I need to configure wine in some way to use the Nvidia drivers. What do I do?

No, it's the name of my drive. I called it Big_Linux, because, it's the big one I reserved for Linux in my Dualboot system (yes, there is also Big_Windows)

No I didn't
These are all 3 seperate incidents. i shall retell the tale:

If those images are all gone I'll fucking cry. I haven't gotten around backing them all up.
I had a huge backlog of images I still had to edit and post-process.

After Photorec took way too fucking long to extract images, I decided to use TestDisk to look for files specifically. I found ONE folder, ONE day of photos and save it to a safe location.
HOWEVER.
I know that PhotoRec was able to safe OTHER pictures that were within the folder "exported" that was inside the my photography folder.

I just don't know what else to do. Are there other good tools? are there tools for windows?

Shameless attempt for attention. Some web wizard please help.

The following is a random keyword the nsa monitors via pastebin.com/raw/UWffBQbn: Passwords

Has the number of users on the connection increased? Has the netowrk demands changed? E.g. streaming and viewing web pages to Torrents? Are you still on your stock DNS? Have you brought any new devices and have put them in the same room as the router. If so interference on the band (most likely 2.4G) could be a part of the issue.

I managed to recover 97% of my lost data via Windows DiskRepair.
But Even under Windows, I can't connect the 500GB storage device. This sucks!
What's the difference between FAT and NTFS? When should I use which?

FAT is only really good for thumb drives as they have a limited number of writes and if you want something that almost every OS can read without needing third party drivers.

NTFS is probably a very good idea for working with modern systems as the 4GIB max file size limit of FAT doesn`t exist.Also it has a leger as well, which helps with metadata and data integrity.

I want to turn my 500gb external (USB2, requires no external power support) into a backup for all the data I was about to lose. It's just Image files, (.jpeg and .RW2) as well as the occasional video.
It should work with any OS so I can give it to friends who need some pictures.
I was thinking about installing a password on it, and setting it to READ ONLY if you don't have the password.
What would be the best tool to do that?
Also, first of all, this dumb cunt NEEDS TO FUCKING MOUNT!
Why doesn't it appear in the list?

To give people a better gist of what I'M talking about

I would assume you've neglected actually making a file system on the first partition.

nope, I dived right into it.

For USB devices for sharing between OSs, nuke the partition table with dd (homOSeX won't touch it if there's half a partition table still on it) and format the entire disk as UDF. Every OS supports read and write, file names in UTF8 and files up to 16EiB.

I'm sorry

I am looking to reuse an old IPod's monitor for use with a portable computer I am building, but honestly I don't even know where to start.

The IPod itself is completely borked, there's no saving it. But to the best of my knowledge the screen is still intact and useable (if I could figure out how to work this right).

I have to convert the monitor to work with VGA. I play to use it with a dedicated video card. Any method suggested also cannot include soldering and things of that nature; I don't have the tools. Otherwise I am considering any suggestions at this point as I'd really like to salvage these old electronics instead of buying stuff.

EE here. Give up. You will never succeed.
electricstuff.co.uk/ipodlcd.html

is the keepassx package on linux mint the same keepass.

should i download i from there or from their site?

Those are a clusterfuck; even if you manage to install it, the package manager won't have the files indexed and so you won't be able to uninstall it

What program specifically are you trying to install?

They're both meh-tier filesystems, the only reason to use either one would be compatibility, concerning which FAT is the undisputed god

I would recommend downloading it off their website IF it's in .deb format, otherwise go with the Mint version

Can I have a passwordfile on an mobile phone too?

I mean, can i sync my destokpt password and their mobile app?

I figured it was a longshot. Thanks anyway.

nvm. I downloaded their app, and then used the file i made on my desktop.

What is a good site to quickly share some files? I need to copy some stuff over from my Linux host to a W7 virtual machine and don't feel like installing host-modules and whatnot.

for quite some time my computer was having blue screen but it would restart on its own but now the computer just freezes and when i reboot there is nothing just a black screen.
could this be happening because of a memory problem?

Is there an open source permission manager that works for root android 2.3.6?

TestDisk, I already installed it, thanks.
WHat I am currently trying to do is this:

Mount that fucking drive!

Has anyone purchased anything from playseatstore.com before? I went on it from the Thrustmaster website because I was planning on buying a HOTAS Warthog and I noticed that it is noticeably cheaper than other places (some went up to almost 700$ but this was 368$ playseatstore.com/thrustmaster-hotas-warthog.html), but the site was dead in that it had no reviews and whatnot.

So if yes, what is your experience with it?

I'm interested in C, looking for some suggestions in what books would be objectively best for someone with a very basic understanding of programming.

I wanted to learn C11, but I'm considering going through 'C Programming: A Modern Approach' by King which is C89/99 then read through the C11 standard itself to learn what's changed. Does this seem like an alright choice or is their another book that might teach better habits?

Quick perl question. I need to match a string "hold x", where x could be any word. My regex is [code]/^hold\s+(\S+)$/[\code]For some reason it refuses to match for me, and $1 is empty. What am I doing wrong?

Never mind, fixed it. Issue was somewhere else

What do you suppose gives?
RAM was tested and works fine by the way

Need some help. After the Windows 10 upgrades started rolling out, my pirated Windows 7 suddenly realised it was pirated. How do I re-activate it?

Serves you right, idiot.

Pale Moon or Vivaldi

Reactivate with daz loader.

Pls halp guise

Samba, ftp, http, etc server on linux.
gist.github.com/willurd/5720255
Would be the easiest way.

I already have a small samba-server setup on my network to share files and it works fine with both windows and linux installs, but for some reason the virtual windows doesn't see it (Or anything really) on the network even though sharing and network-discovery and such are enabled. Not sure what's going on there.

Have windows 10 PC
It locks up all of a sudden(no mouse movement, can't toggle caps lock light on kB)
Keyboard lights are on even though powered off
Remove keyboard
Win 10 is fine
Plug kB into laptop running Linux
Works fine
Run windows fine for a couple of hours minus av keyboard, playing games with controller
Plug in kB
Freezes machine after 20 second
Put Linux on USB, boot desktop into Linux
Everything runs fine

Not really asking for help, just thought it odd, planning to ditch win 10 if I don't fix it tomorrow

I'm guessing you still have fastboot?
Disable that shit, also disable the hibernation.
Don't fall for the meme next time.

Probably NAT related. But the VM host should get the ip you can use for this, it should also be the clients gateway.

OK, I'll disable it, also

I've got a spare SSD that has Win10 on it (it was given to me that way) and I want to install WinXP on it. I've got options to format it but I don't know the best one for what I want: two compatible options (GPT and MBR) and completely empty. I'm guessing the compatible ones are for external drives and empty is the one I want, but I'd rather make sure.

Thanks.

How come you don't use DBAN and just install a pirated .iso? Did I miss something?

Is that better to do that instead of formatting?

What do I do when the dust inside my PC is so thick that compressed air just isn't stronk enough to get it off?

It's sure as shit much easier.

Use something stronger.

Would a vaccum cleaner work?

Some time ago my computer froze while I was watching a video and since I restarted from that, Windows (8.1) has been pestering me frequently (I hear it's every 2 hours but may come up in response to certain actions) by sticking me on a blue screen with a prompt to activate Windows with a button that takes me to pic 1 before I can switch back to whatever I was doing. It's not able to activate. Also over the right of my taskbar is pic 2. For reference, I bought this computer about a year ago, and it came with Windows 8.1.

Just try it.
But you should make sure there aren't any loose parts first.

Upgrade your compressed air.

FUCK YOU STOLE MY JOKE I WAS RUNNING ERRANDS

after fast boot or fast startup whatever it's called you can completely shut it down properly so that nothing fucks up again or in future (they fake shutdown to make bootups look fast)

couple of questions:

whats the difference between keepass classical and the profesional one?

and is there an app of something to make all android connections pass trough https or something? what are must apps to have for security on an android?

Worked perfectly. Thanks.

I'm running Arch with Openbox on my laptop. Logging out with the Openbox Menu or with the applet on my panel will send me to a black screen. If I close my laptop lid and open it again I'll be back at the CLI like intended. Anyone know how to fix it? Is using the command "kill -9 -1" a safe alternative?

Stupid little problem but wondering if anyone knew.

Pale Moon due to open source

MBR unless the drive is >2TB

What hardware would I need to start a secure website from home? Just curious what it takes to start an imageboard.

Disregard my post, I'm ignorant, unfree, and suck cocks.

I'm doing this right, right?

Trying to get ~150GB on the new partition to install deb on, with a bit left over on the windows section.

any good programs for changing the thumbnail of music? i know you could do it with older versions of windows media player, but sadly they removed this feature in later additions.

mp3tag.de/en/

Used to use it when I had the time to bother

What's a good way of adding pins to a serial slot on a mobo ?

whats this bollocks about high density DDR3 not working with intel chipsets? ive got a seller claiming that his 2x8GB DDR3 kit (using hynix chips) only works on AMD platforms, and specifically says that it does not work in z77.

is there any substance to this, or is the seller full of shit?

I'm trying to start a programm under Ubuntu 16.04. It loads for a second, then quits loading and nothing happens.
When i tried opening it via Terminal, this was displayed
"$ darktable
[init] the database lock file contains a pid that seems to be alive in your system: 2022
[init] database is locked, probably another process is already using it
trying to open the images in the running instance"

Any info or tips?

You got it 👍

I am about to start reading my SICP. What is the least bloated Scheme interpreter for Wangblows (something as simple as whatever Harold Aberson uses in his lectures youtube.com/watch?v=2Op3QLzMgSY)?

Hello, Tech.

How do I check if my system is BIOS or UEFI?

I'm trapped in Wangblows and need to know before I can repair grub and get back into Manjaro.

I'm partial to Notepad++ myself even though the author is a French cuck who used his tool to grandstand on anti-immigration policies

It's possible another instance of darktable is running. try killall darktable, or use "ps -ef |grep darktable" to find the ID and then "kill id"
The database lock thing is saying that there's another program using something that darktables needs, most likely an old instance of it.

Windows 8, 8.1 or 10? Most likely UEFI.
Windows 7? Most likely BIOS.
To check go to Disk Management and look for an EFI partition. If you have one you're using UEFI, otherwise you have BIOS.
Most UEFI devices have a BIOS fallback mode, so if you're planning on wiping Windows you can choose to use BIOS.

I just freshly booted up the PC.
~$ killall darktable
darktable: no process found
~$ darktable
[init] the database lock file contains a pid that seems to be alive in your system: 2022
[init] database is locked, probably another process is already using it
trying to open the images in the running instance

What of this is the ID?
enngee 8140 8114 0 18:35 pts/18 00:00:00 grep --color=auto darktable

That line is the ps | grep command itself. It appears in the search results.
Try "ps -ef | grep 2022", that should search all processes for one with an id of 2022

Thanks.
Judging by pic related I must be BIOS then.

I'm only dual-booting Wangblows for some shitty required program at my college, I can't use a VM due to some bug. I'm not cucked enough for W8/10, I wanted Vista but it was unsupported.

Didn't seem to find any
enngee 8573 8114 0 18:51 pts/18 00:00:00 grep --color=auto 2022

Question to the mods: would you please consier to lock & unsticky old Question and Support threads, rather than deleting them?
I often find myself lookiong for answers that had been answered in a recently deleted Q&S thread.

yeah ok we'll spam the board with old locked threads so that you can look up an old answer once ever

It's like 2-3 threads a month and they'll drop out of the catalogue on their own, just like any other thread. I don't see the point in deleting such high value threads.

anyone got a good adblockplus filter to weed out the newest "register or login" shit that fagbook has pumped out recently?

uninstall adblockplus
get ublock origin

If I may suggest a potentially better solution. Point them out in this thread and a copy (likely text only) can be added to a git repo or any other idea. The mod team then places the link at the top of the intro sticky with a red text and bolded title to the effect of "here is a archive of question and support threads outside of the sticky. Any more created after [hard code date] OP`s will directed to the sticky and their thread bump locked.

So i typically don't have any issues logging on to IRC but today this odd prompt popped up and i haven't been able to log onto IRC since.
Curious if anybody knows whats going on here?

The 1st pic is the prompt i mentioned and the 2nd are my specs. not sure if they'll be any help though.

how do?

Thanks tbh fam.

Boot Linux, mount the Windows partition, copy files into your folders on Linux
Literally nothing special to it

Okay, makes sense, just wanted to be careful.

Once you libreboot, can you ever recover your old BIOS?

Recover it and reuse it, that is

I just installed NoScript. There seems to be some delay for JS to get blocked. That is, JS is loaded, then it is blocked. For instance, if I open a spreadsheet from docs.google.com, I can see the spreadsheet and all JS stuff for a brief moment, then, and only then, the broken non-JS version is loaded. The same with google.com and other websites: The JS version is briefly loaded, then the non-JS version takes place.

If there is some malicious JS in a webpage, it would have time to run, wouldn't it? If that is the case, is there an alternative to NoScript which prevents JS from loading at all?

If you still have the flashing tool that you used to flash Libreboot and a backup of the old BIOS, it should in theory be possible.

Hi Holla Forums
I'm usually pretty good with solving internet issues on my own (mainly because I have comcast) but I'm having problems with my ethernet adapter.
I used to use almost exclusively wifi, which was okay, but I wanted to hook my laptop up to my router to see if that would change anything, and it did!
Except, now I can't access certain sites unless I disconnect my ethernet, which is really strange. I can connect via wifi... it just makes no sense to me at all.
My adapter is a Killer AC 1525, I installed new drivers earlier today, which did nothing to fix it.
I also checked my firewall, and that revealed nothing out of the ordinary.
I'm completely lost, guys. Please help

hello lads,

I've got a problem with a couple of my case fans. They often won't start spinning on bootup, and I have to pop open the case and kickstart them manually (after which they DO spin, but to what practical effect I do not know)

It looks like my mobo is very confused as to what they should be doing, and is reporting LUDICROUS SPEEDS (info found thru speedfan). I've tried swapping power cables etc as it seems like a power issue, but that don't work so I'm stumped. It's a fairly benign problem, my pc doesn't really need them that much, but I'd much rather have them working than not. Also, I'm always getting some sort of ambient whine from the tower, not sure if that's coil whine from elsewhere or if perhaps that's got something to do with my case fans?

Thanks in advance

Check if the mobo has its own controls for the fans in bios/uefi.

Could be something borked there.

If not, then you could, if you have the knowledge and hardware, check with a multimeter and a DC power source if the fan pins on the mobo function correctly, and if the fan works normally if its fed power directly.

Why won't my video play on the PS3??

Right now the only way to get it on the big screen is to fucking Chromecast it ;_;

Output #0, mp4, to 'test.mp4': Metadata: encoder : Lavf57.29.101 Chapter #0:0: start 0.054000, end 1268.809000 Metadata: title : 00:00:00.054 Stream #0:0: Video: h264 ([33][0][0][0] / 0x0021), yuv420p, 1904x1072 [SAR 255:254 DAR 30345:17018], q=2-31, 23.98 fps, 23.98 tbr, 16k tbn, 1k tbc (default) Metadata: title : [AliQ] | Gravity Falls S01E01 Tourist Trapped | 1080p WEB-DL _STATISTICS_WRITING_APP: mkvmerge v7.3.0 ('Nouages') 64bit built on Oct 22 2014 18:53:34 _STATISTICS_WRITING_APP-eng: mkvmerge v7.3.0 ('Nouages') 64bit built on Oct 22 2014 18:53:34 _STATISTICS_WRITING_DATE_UTC: 2014-11-01 19:44:01 _STATISTICS_WRITING_DATE_UTC-eng: 2014-11-01 19:44:01 _STATISTICS_TAGS: BPS DURATION NUMBER_OF_FRAMES NUMBER_OF_BYTES _STATISTICS_TAGS-eng: BPS DURATION NUMBER_OF_FRAMES NUMBER_OF_BYTES BPS : 1636465 BPS-eng : 1636465 DURATION : 00:21:08.809000000 DURATION-eng : 00:21:08.809000000 NUMBER_OF_FRAMES: 30421 NUMBER_OF_FRAMES-eng: 30421 NUMBER_OF_BYTES : 259545270 NUMBER_OF_BYTES-eng: 259545270 Stream #0:1: Audio: aac (LC) ([64][0][0][0] / 0x0040), 48000 Hz, stereo (default) Metadata: BPS : 63874 BPS-eng : 63874 DURATION : 00:21:08.779000000 DURATION-eng : 00:21:08.779000000 NUMBER_OF_FRAMES: 59474 NUMBER_OF_FRAMES-eng: 59474 NUMBER_OF_BYTES : 10130295 NUMBER_OF_BYTES-eng: 10130295 _STATISTICS_WRITING_APP: mkvmerge v7.3.0 ('Nouages') 64bit built on Oct 22 2014 18:53:34 _STATISTICS_WRITING_APP-eng: mkvmerge v7.3.0 ('Nouages') 64bit built on Oct 22 2014 18:53:34 _STATISTICS_WRITING_DATE_UTC: 2014-11-01 19:44:01 _STATISTICS_WRITING_DATE_UTC-eng: 2014-11-01 19:44:01 _STATISTICS_TAGS: BPS DURATION NUMBER_OF_FRAMES NUMBER_OF_BYTES _STATISTICS_TAGS-eng: BPS DURATION NUMBER_OF_FRAMES NUMBER_OF_BYTESStream mapping: Stream #0:0 -> #0:0 (copy) Stream #0:1 -> #0:1 (copy)Press [q] to stop, [?] for helpInput #0, mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2, from 'test.mp4': Metadata: major_brand : isom minor_version : 512 compatible_brands: isomiso2avc1mp41 encoder : Lavf57.29.101 Duration: 00:21:08.81, start: 0.000000, bitrate: 1707 kb/s Chapter #0:0: start 0.000000, end 1268.809000 Metadata: title : 00:00:00.054 Stream #0:0(und): Video: h264 (High) (avc1 / 0x31637661), yuv420p, 1904x1072 [SAR 32093:32011 DAR 479:269], 1636 kb/s, SAR 255:254 DAR 30345:17018, 23.98 fps, 23.98 tbr, 16k tbn, 47.95 tbc (default) Metadata: handler_name : VideoHandler Stream #0:1(und): Audio: aac (LC) (mp4a / 0x6134706D), 48000 Hz, stereo, fltp, 63 kb/s (default) Metadata: handler_name : SoundHandler Stream #0:2(eng): Subtitle: mov_text (text / 0x74786574) Metadata: handler_name : SubtitleHandler

U habe a virus or your system is fugged most likely
Either that or Hexchat dropped support for XP

Reinstall the OS and hexchat should fix it

What happened?? It was H.264 baseline, but then it got relabeled as H.264 High AVC!

Just got the Huawei P8 Lite and I wanted to root it like any sensible person would. I went to the website to get my bootloader unlock code and it's telling me that because the phone hasn't been used for 14 days I can't have my unlock code. What do?

Pic's my CPU, assumed it was a amd64 arch, maybe that's the problem?

I've installed dnscrypt-proxy from the Ubuntu repo and I'm trying to change the default resolver from cisco's opendns to something else (cloudns or alternative). Every time I change the init.d value from cisco to something else it doesn't change, I've tried tinkering with a few files but nothing seems to change. Any help?

Any trustworthy DNS provider that doesn't require an account like openDNS?

try openNIC

I want to swap my init system on arch to something like runit. How do I pull it off without any issues?

thanks

Hi I have a strange problem.

This laptop with Win Vista, freezes semi randomly. It typically happens when you leave it alone for a long time with nothing running. Leaving a video running when idle was the quick fix for this. The freeze is quite weird; gradually it gets less and less responsive, some things work like what you have open, but opening new stuff won't and shutting down the computer can take 30 min in the early stages. Then in the later stages nothing will move at all, shutting down is impossible and the HDD won't even try to read files.

I have tried linux live CD, it seems to get the same problem when having been used for a long time. Last time firefox kept crashing when accessing any web page, but not when disconnected from the web.

Any tips appreciated, if I fix it I will try my best to reward your wishes.

Are there any libre programs that allow BIN and CUE creation without a disc?

Holla Forums whats your advise on the best software to play mkv files?

It could be overheatng causing the CPU to agressively down clock. How old is the laptop? Have you replaced the CPU`s thermal paste recently? Another question what speed is your HDD? If it is 4500rpm that could be another cause. Also CPU is likely a big factor as well as RAM size and speed.
MPV is the one and only option.

Short version: you can't.
Longer version: It may be hyerthetically possible if you went and forked all of your programs to use the different init before you reboot. The website with withoutsystemd.org should be able to help.
Xfburn might be able to.
Have you turned off secure boot? Did you change from UFEI to BIOS or vis versa?

A-user...?

How do I get MSpaint to work on wine? I like MSpaint because I can resize the canvas with the mouse, all I'm doing is cropping images together and with gimp it's annoyting to manually enter the canvas size.

Anybody got a free download for Virtual Audio Cable?

sorry worried-kun

Okay, apparently something is missing, what's deb's MD5 for AMD?

This is my own MD5 hash from the md5sum.txt
spit.mixtape.moe/view/bf0ef8ba

There is a fully libre some what equivalent available call My Paint.

I just moved to a new place. Why am I able to connect to this wifi from Windows 10 but not from Linux Mint on my computer? I'm able to connect from my phone as well.
What should I check to fix this?

Holla Forums I have noticed goygle has figured out somehow that my IP is a VPN and instead of the default in your face "hey fuck you we know where you are and this GPS location" thing it refuses to show the location that the VPN is supposed to be location (New York Server for example) and says Unknown/ it knows I am using a VPN, I suspect that at times my VPN failed and did not be on when it should. Ontop how to you prevent Goygle knowing what device you use?
Is there a circuit breaker like software that can only allow internet access when the VPN is up and running to prevent any compromises? Thanks.

Can somebody chime in if this might be related to webrtc?

Fuck zebra printers. I have an issue that involves shit drivers. Is the zebra 105 sl running on EPL or ZPL?

Uhhhh, is it just my browser derping, or is the
function broken?

My UEFI BIOS will not detect my SD Card

Is it possible to just configure Windows Bootloader to boot from SD instead?

Note; I do not have access to GNU/Linux right now

Yes there are guides out there on how to do that. There is one by a VPN company I belive.

That certainly is a possibly or it could be that Google checks the registration details of IP`s.

Does SRWare Iron have any advantages over Iridium browser?

Weird question, but can you make a real phone call from a laptop with a 3g/4g phone dongle? I mean, I know since before 3G that one can get a USB dongle that connects for data, but can you actually use speakers or headphones, and microphone, of your choice, on some laptop, and make a phone call to a real phone number without using skype or some service that uses "data" instead of "voice"?

I never see this happen but it if it can happen it opens up lots of ideas IMO

I want to say that Google just knows what IP ranges are associated with IPs but I made that comment to let original dude know that he should disable webrtc just in case

vpns

Anybody has an idea how to achieve audio crossfading when concatenating some video segments in ffmpeg? The "simple" concatenation using concat filter with filter_complex seems to abruptly cut the audio streams and join them, that results in audible discontinuities, which I want to avoid. And I could not find any better way, besides some really cryptic scripts which are too complex. Maybe someone could explain this shit, please?

acrossfade filter
you should only need filter_complex for video "crossfading", as there is no vcrossfade filter

Alright, I'm a bloody luddite, and I could use some help.

Here's the story so far:

That was easy enough, but THEN

what in the holy hell can I do to make this PC recognize SOME form of boot media.

I have a few flashdrives, a 1 TB external HDD, some discs, the ability to burn onto them, an internet connection (obviously), and a hankering rage to make this thing fucking work.

I can't read or write anything but english, some shitty spanish, and even worse lua.

Help?

have you tried changing the boot order, selecting the drive with the option in your BIOS/UEFI screen, or in the case of UEFI tried turning off secure boot?

well, the entire goal is to concatenate some video segments which also have audio. I haven't found any other suitable way of doing that in one pass.

I mean, I can concatenate several chunks of a video with command like
ffmpeg -ss START1 -t LENGTH1 -i 1.MP4 -ss START2 -t LENGTH2 -i 1.MP4 -filter_complex "[0:v:0] [1:v:0] concat=n=2:v=1 [v]" -map "[v]" …

but how do I make the audio parts go smoothly over the cuts?
--
I'll read about acrossfade, I just need to go take a dump right now

Have you tried reseting the BIOS of the desktop by removing the chip for atleast a minute? If you need a version of Windows to reinstall, I have a link to a Windows 7 Pro iso with a modernised checksum and a activation tool. You can check the official sha1 checksum by visting the this board`s wiki page for windows 7.

Thanks but it doesn' work like I want it too. It's the same shit as gimp and other programs I tried. I just want to resize the canvas with the mouse and be able to copy and paste images onto the canvas and, unrelated but I don't want printscreen to save the picture. Thanks, though I appreciate it.

The bios does fine with all the other shit, I can change boot priority and what not, it can even SEE that the USB is there, it just won't read any of my USB media... I'll take you up on that offer just because whatever bastard built this motherboard designed the wifi drivers to only work with Windows

I think I just fucked up formatting the USB, I'm gonna redo it and see if that fixes it.....

It suck that it was the case.Pinta sounds like it may work.
alternativeto.net/software/microsoft-paint/?platform=linux

Yeah, it sounds pretty great, don't it. To elaborate, the motherboard came with nice wifi antennas. they work fine and can keep up with most usage, but they have a driver that the motherboard uses to communimicate with the OS (as far as my dumb ass understands it) and it was designed specifically for Windows.

My understanding of that situation may be horribly, awfully wrong, but all I know is that when I plug in anything linux it refuses to use my wifi anything

There is a project that gives the option to wrap windows programs so that they can work with GNU/Linux. If I understand it correctly.

well, I fixed the USB, it boots now, but I have no regular HDD to install to for interim.

apparently it can see all my wifi networks now, but rejects connection to all of them.

It's now 3AM so I guess I'll just take my retarded ass to bed because trying to fix this half awake won't help very much, eh?

Thanks for the suggestions and letting my retarded ass bounce ideas off of this, it actually helped quite a bit

Help pls

short term version, Ctrl + Alt [1-9], login as root, [a] either apt get install -Su [u - update] mpv. Long term simple, *[b] nano/vi/etc /etc/sudoers uncomment [remove #] the line %wheel ALL=(ALL) ALL. Then edit your user to be apart of the wheel group. Log out as root and log in as the user, Sudo should work then.

What's the name of this new video editor for linux that's under development? i saw a big thread about it on Holla Forums earlier this year but i forget the name of it.
it's not blender, openshot, or kdenlive.
thanks

Don't do this
Do this instead
EDITOR=nano visudo

Is there an image hosting website like img.bi (shut down)
It let you upload images that expired at certain times

Also, is there an email provider that doesn't require phone/email verification. Even GhostMail / ProtonMail / Openmailbox need this shit now

I got a gpu passthrough setup going on my computer with a Windows 10 VM in QEMU, and now I'd like to set up a firewall just for the VM, so it can only use Steam and play online vidya without W10 phoning home.
How would I go about doing that?

when i do os.path.join it doubles the slashes like "C://stuff//stuff//" so it says that a directory doesn't exist

Why is it doing this? Also it really says "C:YYstuffYYstuffYY" (yen signs?) because for some reason my PC is still using moonrune fonts but only for slashes. Could this be whats causing it?

shit, that's a nice idea.

what the fuck are you talking about user? Google will be able to tell if you're using a VPN no matter what. If you're looking for privacy, just don't fucking use google.

For the life of me I can't seem to find a way to create multiple profiles on Retroshare.. Am I stupid, or is this "privacy-oriented" app hostile to compartmentalization?

Ofcourse but if Google owned websites can compromise your location it is reasonable to assume other ones may do the same, and mitigate this hazard.
Holla Forums I am disappoint, I expected more.
Why cant anyone name me a simple circuit breaker software that only allows internet access when the connection is secure?

That's pretty risky.

google alone won't compromise your location through your VPN (that's what the NSA does). It's more the fact that they have your browser thumbprint stored, and they have all of the VPN IPs listed.

Solution?

Block Google`s service's at the router level of if that isn't possible (most likely because the rest of the family wants to use Google services) put yourself on a separate Vlan then block Google only on that Vlan, if that is possible.

That is what happens when one is writing into the early morning, things are misplaced.

I believe that is more of a bandaid for the problem, you cant do this everytime you move to another location. The concept of what I described as a "Circuit Breaker" software where information in the stack that can be programmed to be filtered seems to be very obvious and simple. Something like this has to exist.

I recently installed Hola to shitpost on some websites. After some testing I found out that its traffic was being blocked at my uni, but not at my home. This made me think: To allow my computer to be used as a VPN by others (which I am aware Hola does), my network must be very badly configured. What should I do in order to fix this? My current iptables config is obtained with this script:

# Flush all rulesiptables -Fiptables -X# Allow unlimited traffic on localhost (breaks MPI programs otherwise)iptables -A INPUT -i lo -j ACCEPTiptables -A OUTPUT -o lo -j ACCEPTiptables -A FORWARD -o lo -j ACCEPT# Uncomment if we need to open a ssh server# iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 22 -m state --state NEW,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT# Allow incomming traffic from estabilished and related connectionsiptables -A INPUT -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT# Policy: Allow outgoing, deny incoming and forwardingiptables -P OUTPUT ACCEPTiptables -P INPUT DROPiptables -P FORWARD DROP

Mullvad client does this

1. What is the best platform (Ebay, Amazon, local computer store, etc.) to sell a used gaming laptop? And by "best" I mean which one will get me the most money.

2. How can I 100% guarantee that I've wiped all personal data from a computer without permanently damaging it?

installing gentoo, losing my shit trying to boot from a Luks encrypted partition

/dev/sda2 ext2 /boot
/dev/sda3 luks/lvm -> /dev/vg/root, /dev/vg/swap

GRUB_PRELOAD_MODULES="lvm luks"
GRUB_CMD_LINUX="dolvm"

grub2-mkconfig detects and sets root=/dev/mapper/vg-root correctly

used genkernel-next to run genkernel --luks --lvm --install initramfs, generated initramsfs is correctly detected by grub2-mkconfig

boot error is
/run/lvm/lvmetad.socket: connection failed

so LVM is never being started, no password prompt to decrypt /dev/sda3 is ever given, dropping into shell after failed root mount to run `cryptsetup luksOpen ...` blows up in my face. i've tried a number of other options/settings, but those turned out to be for encrypted boot partitions. i very tempted to just fuck it and run all unencrypted. there's no consensus that i've found for setting this up

have you tried escaping your slashes?
i.e. c:\/\/stuff

Does anybody have a guide on creating a secure PC? I want to switch over to a linux, encrypt everything, keep under the radar. I have the paranoid's bible but I'm not seeing anything too specific for software recommendations or guides on configuring linux for privacy.

here, been working off of the following mostly. i probably should scrap the unencrypted boot partition and encrypt everything

wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/DM-Crypt_LUKS
wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Sakaki's_EFI_Install_Guide/Preparing_the_LUKS-LVM_Filesystem_and_Boot_USB_Key
bluishcoder.co.nz/2014/05/14/installing-nixos-with-encrypted-root-on-thinkpad-w540.html

Dban Nuke. Also nothing in life is 100% but it likely makes it harder and way less economically viable to attempt to see if any data is recoverable from it.

How would I deal with this grub error? (Desktop with an AMD CPU and GPU)
error: symbol `grub_strncpy` not found.Entering rescue mode grub rescue> ?
I can`t seem to get chroot to work. I have edited /etc/fstab to point to the change in /home. / and /boot are dd clones from another working device of a similar setup (Laptop, APU).

I'm not sure I follow. All voice is data. Phone antennas are GSM (2G) antennas and use whatever protocol. VoIP is, well, VoIP, and can be used over 3G, 4G, wired connection, etc. It's just a different protocol and transmission technology. You can download a VoIP application and use that to use your computer as a phone. I'm not familiar with any libre one, sorry.

Security and privacy are two separate things. In order to get more meaningful replies you should specify what are you trying to secure against at the moment (physical theft of hard drives, a network intrusion, etc). As to privacy and keeping off the radar the same. Do you want privacy from your ISP, for instance? Then you will need a VPN, preferably one you administer in a VPS of yours. Can't even share info with a VPN/VPS owner? Tor... Anyhow, be more specific.

whats a good replacement for Truecrypt?

I know I cant protect my bits and bytes from NaSA or the Jews but id like to protect them from everyone else at least

VeraCrypt keeps coming up in my search but its made by a paajet im afraid he mightve pooed in ithah im kidding I like you curry niggers i know you are very hard-working people

anyhow, suggestions? something with aes-256, I guess?

I was whispered you know your shit

He is asking if you can do it as "natively" as the phones do it with the Dialer/SMS apps

No you regrettably cannot due to vendor lock and such

Tails USB and password-protected .7z files? tbh

Is it technically accurate to recommend Linux to normies on the grounds that it "doesn't get viruses" in the same way that normies recommend Mac OS to other normies for that reason?
Of course anyone could write and distribute malicious code for GNU/Linux systems. The question is whether there are so few of these going around that it's mostly fine to tell them that there aren't any.
I ask because my mother was recently the "victim" she could have avoided it easily if she was even remotely tech literate of a virus attack and I'm thinking of changing her desktop OS to a friendly distro of Linux like Mint or Ubuntu from Windows by telling her that she won't get a virus on it.

She specifically downloaded and ran a cryptolocker from her email client. Do you know if cryptolockers are system-dependent or not?

Your average toolbars-bundled-with-installer and .mp3.exe, which are the 2 sources of almost all infected computers, are moot on Linux.
So yes

Yes, it's a program just like any other. It'll only run on the OS it was compiled for.

Most likely method of her getting fucked over while on Linux is the Indian scammers walk her through TeamViewer and then actually know their way around the Linux filesystem to find password files, etc

just fuck my shit up fam

No worries, I've worded her up to assume that everyone else that she encounters in life is an absolute moron and to trust my word and mine alone when it comes to technology, and I think she thinks I'm egotistical but goes along with it because she knows I know more than her.
I am legitimately just trying to keep her safe by implying she shouldn't do anything that anyone tells her except me.
Thanks user

ended up needing to set root=/dev/ram0 crypt_root=/dev/s** real_root=/dev/mapper/vg-root

and enable crypto algos in the kernel

I'm not making the slashes. I'm doing this:

os.path.realpath(os.path.dirname(__file__))

>forget password for windows
what can i do to recover it or reset the password
its easy on ganoo+loonix but i dont know where to begin on windows

What Linux based operating system should I use after using Windows?

OS X or Solaris

Probably Mint Cinnamon

For ncmpcpp, how do I edit a playlist through the playlist editor without loading it onto the main playlist?

I can delete songs, but I'm not sure how to add new songs to a playlists from the playlist editor.

Pirate or buy Kon-boot. Boot the iso using usb or cd and you're done. I'm sure there are other free methods, maybe there are some tools in Hiren's Boot CD.

I recomend, Ultimate Boot CD > Parted Magic > System Tools > PCLoginNow . From there it should be easy enough to follow.

The method highlighted on the Parted Magic web site.
partedmagic.com/clearing-the-administrator-password-in-windows/

I wanted to play around with the Pokemon Crystal Source Code here github.com/pret/pokecrystal

But I've come to an empasse at trying to build the GBC rom.

In this page github.com/pret/pokecrystal/blob/master/INSTALL.md it's telling me to install cygwin with the make, git, python and gettext packages.

Now I cannot, no matter how I try, find the make and git packages.

I found after a search that make should be under the devel group, but it's just not fucking there.

With git on the other hand I have found no clue whatsoever on how to find it.

What the fuck do I do? Is there any other way to build this ROM or do I actually have to go trough this?

Does 420chan even have a board catalog feature?

For the final rom you need an emulator anyways. So it doesn't matter what OS you use to build the rom. I think it's easier if you would use Ubuntu. You don't even need to install it to a harddrive.

If you can't chroot into your system, something probably went wrong (bs size or missing sync operation). It's important that you could reinstall grub somehow.

Please don't use it. Holla Forums vs hola was the last thing of importance that the person now known as the technical advisor of Holla Forums did.
8ch.net/hola.html

I don't have Ubuntu though, and I can't install it at the moment since I have no space on my hard drive.

Is there really no other way to install this shit?

If anyone has any ideas

1. Flash BIOS to new version on a fresh win7pro install
2. as it's restarting, powers off like it was shut down
3. start it back up, super slow startup, error readings OS
4. Start up, go into BIOS, Reboot from inside BIOS and the OS works again. Going from desktop to BIOS and vice versa works.
5. This method is only way to start up OS. Still super slow.
6. go into BIOS, flash it using USB this time. 7. Doesn't shut down this time and now it'll work without going into the BIOS to start OS
8. Now it just starts up super slow (5min)

there seems to be an external one, like the neet.tv catalog for 4chan
voidy.droppages.com/420chancatalog/index.html

I need to make a program/script that polls my set top box to see if it's on. If I'm calling this with cron once a minute should I write it in c for performance? Or just play on easy mode with python?

Specs are Pentium 3, 1.4GHz 2.5Gb RAM Debian box.

New BIOS just sounds like shit, try the old one again? Although I guess you need it?

Do it from a live cd/live usb? Honestly Cygwin is a pain in the ass, you're trying to get Torvalds to fuck Gates, it ain't gonna be pretty.

I found them, I was retarded.
Cygwin seems fine so far, don't need to do much with it either way

I would C that

Or if it's just a ping, bash

I tried getting ssh installed back on XP, never again

Ftp connection checking for 550 errors, or do I just fork a daemon and run it though SysVInit instead of cron?

*sshd

pls

Is there any way you could do that with sh+curl?

i just switched over from windows to debian w/ openbox window manager. i get a "x-terminal-emulator has very limited support, consider choose another terminal" message every so often, with no help from the rest of the internet i installed xfce4-terminal thinking it might resolve the issue, it didn't.
too new, what do?

Regardless, cron is the way2go for that

can i install windows using a vm to install it on my hard drive with ganoo + loonix installed

So, I've been trying to run Pokemontools to edit some stuff in pokemon crystal, following the guide here github.com/pret/pokemon-reverse-engineering-tools

I did the installation part of it github.com/pret/pokemon-reverse-engineering-tools#installing but when I get to run the stuff in github.com/pret/pokemon-reverse-engineering-tools#simple-asm-generation-example I have no idea what the fuck am I supposed to do.

Do I need to write all that code in the cygwin terminal?

Had a quick look cause I can't be arsed. Looks like all of it is python. Install python and try running the script (from the command prompt "python path\to\script.py" how new are you??).

That's the point, I did, and it's not working.

I made a file and tried to launch it and also tried to write the whole code inside the terminal, both give me inexplicable errors.

I'm probably just going to setup a virtualbox with debian and restart there

I just recently started using Linux, and I'm still fairly new to it.

Yesterday I got Linux Mint Cinnamon, it installed well, no errors. However, after using it for a short while (about 5 minutes) the WI-FI would disconnect and it would never be able to correctly reconnect until I restart.

I've looked up solutions for hours but nothing has worked so far, and I know it's not my router because I've tried on different networks and it still will disconnect.

Some other posts needed this info so maybe you will too, but here it is just in case:
lusb pastebin.com/LGHeXxsy
and the laptop I'm using for it is the HP stream 11
also I'm not duel booting. I want Mint as my main.

Which wifi client are you using?

1. Do you have python installed?
2. Is it in your path variable (what happens when you type "python" in command prompt)?
3. Did you install all the requirements through pip?
4. If the answer is "yes" for all of them - what are the errors you're getting?

The one that came with Linux Mint (I wouldn't know the name of it), unless I'm thinking of something else.

If I am thinking of something else, how would I be able to find out my client?

in addition to I would suggest resetting the BIOS by removing the BIOS chip for at least a minute.
I don't usually use the sync options with dd. How important are they? I cloned a pretty large data partition a while back and it works just fine.
There is a VM tool to convert partitions into VM ready image. I don't think the reverse would work seeing as the drivers installed in the VM image would very likely be totally different to ones which would be installed if Windows was installed on bare metal. I don't think there os way to install new drivers easily without being logged into Windows. You could try using dd to clone the VM image to a free parition on your HDD and see what happens. Do you have a recovery CD of the VM install?
Do you have ethernet access? Hopefully a update will fix it. The default one is called "network manager" if I remember correctly.

No Ethernet, but what are the commands to to update? I get internet for about 5 minutes before it disconnects

depending on the size five minutes may not be enough to fully down load.
I think they are sudo apt-get dis-upgrade, sudo apt-get install apt`s man page will be able to confirm.

How do I make the website think I'm from America, with proxy right? Is there any free one that lets me do this?

aptitude install wicd

How are you paying? Because it may not only be your current location, but also your billing address that matters.

I bought a code from another guy who lives in commiefornia (he's a guildmate, and there's no taxes for codes, he says), but my country, Portugal, enforces 23% VAT.

So I wonder if I could get away from the jew tax by making the server think I'm from USA instead.

Actually I should be more clear, this tax only applies when redeeming the card, so instead of being able to buy something for 10$ with the code, I have to pay 12.3$ instead.

I think it's all good now, I googled the correct way to upgrade it and came up with:
community.linuxmint.com/tutorial/view/2

While looking in the comments I saw sudo apt-get upgrade which seemed to work.

Thanks for your help man. Hopefully it's actually fixed and not just temporarily working.

- Yes
- It gives me info

It gives me pic related

trying to dualboot both windows and linux
and lets just say i fugged up both a year after having both

i installed linux first, should i blow up my ssd and install windows on it?

sudo kvm -hda /dev/sda3 -cdrom /media/*/*/win7.iso -m 1G -boot d --enable-kvm

Sadly I thought it would work, but it seems to still be doing it. Even though it upgraded it still is shutting off.

I also connected through this. It didn't fix the problem though

Thanks for the info, but... What should I configure to block it and similar software?

Is there an OS designed to run as a desktop hypervisor, ie it will prompt you with a 'boot' menu and drop you into a fullscreen OS with access to gfx card/USB etc but you can do some super sekrit key combo to drop back to hypervisor OS and freeze/snapshot/run something else?

I'm going to college to be a cs major, but I'm tired of school and I'm not even halfway to a degree. can I make money without a degree? how can I learn and get hired with no degree?

Run Citrix so you can virtualize small business servers. If you can talk to people, there're a lot of old servers needing to be replaced.
As a Microsoft niche, the SBS 2008/2011 machines that were overloaded when they were new are wearing out too. Learning to retire those, particularly the Exchange portion, without trashing anything can take some time though.

Citrix, VMS, and Hyper-V. There're also phone servers, which can be done with Amazon VMs or even Blackberry Pi's.

If you want to do tech work, no degree is needed, though it does get repetitive. I have a pile of certifications and a degree, nobody's asked about any of it.

Some new info: in that wicp thing you had me get l, it stops just as usual but when i restart the Wi-Fi it shows the nearby wifis but when I connect back its stuck in obtaining ip address

I just got this shitty fucking blu-ray drive that installed something called CyberLink and it's fucking cancer and it wiped my hotkeys for Greenshot and I don't remember the hotkeys I fucking hate this shit why can't I use Media Player it's an LG blu-ray drive I'm fucking mad excuse my incoherence what can I do the last thing I wanna do is get a new one because money.

Reinstall your OS

Thanks man.
Yes I would appreciate a program or code for this "circuit breaker" concept because I do want to set up my own VPN in the future. Also to pair it with other VPNs would be a bonus.

If I have to hold my power button on to turn it on, how fucked am I?

Turn on my computer*

Speaking of Windows 7, I'm having a bit of trouble installing it.
Here's the story:
help

Before this order I had a dualboot win8.1 and Mint installed. Mint wasn't very stable and I get easily frustrated with terminal and how obnoxious it is to install and launch non-SoftwareManager programs and games.

As long as you partition and format your drive/s correctly, you're good (NTFS for Windows and fa-32 for linux, if I recall correctly).
However, this is not the most stable option, so be warned.

NTFS for Windows
Fat32 for shared partitions
ext4 for Linux

i have a bunch of torrents ive seeded for quite awhile, and despite all of them being completed, there is almost always one of these completed files showing 0% download, and it occasionally will tell me i am missing files, even though that isnt the case. why is it doing this and what can i do to stop it?

pic related in case my description is lacking.

Looks like a uTorrent bug.
I would try Deluge; it's the most robust and user-friendly torrent client I've used.

im using qbitorrent. i dropped the ubotnet awhile ago. is qbitorrent a fork of utorrent or something?

Can I use free proxy sites to browse this chan comfortably? are there any free proxies that enforce https?

No; you can't fork closed-source program.

If the .onion domain is up then Tor might be an acceptable solution

I/O errors maybe? Try updating to newest qBT

>>605174 has a good idea. I would suggest that you always check for updates for software in use.
So developers managed to active their goal of making it similar to uTorrent. Disregard the fact that the name is in the title, the colour scheme is completely different and there is no ad boxes.

Relatively new to Arch Linux, and I just installed i3 and i3lock after figuring out what a bloated mess KDE was turning out to be.
Really liking it now that I'm used to the keybindings, but I'm trying to figure out how to suspend and lock simultaneously, and came across this i3exit script, along with some lines to put in i3's config files.
Where the hell do I put the script?
Completely new to shell scripting, too.

i3exit:
#!/bin/shlock() { i3lock}case "$1" in lock) lock ;; logout) i3-msg exit ;; suspend) lock && systemctl suspend ;; hibernate) lock && systemctl hibernate ;; reboot) systemctl reboot ;; shutdown) systemctl poweroff ;; *) echo "Usage: $0 {lock|logout|suspend|hibernate|reboot|shutdown}" exit 2esacexit 0
Config lines:
set $mode_system System (l) lock, (e) logout, (s) suspend, (h) hibernate, (r) reboot, (Shift+s) shutdownmode "$mode_system" { bindsym l exec --no-startup-id i3exit lock, mode "default" bindsym e exec --no-startup-id i3exit logout, mode "default" bindsym s exec --no-startup-id i3exit suspend, mode "default" bindsym h exec --no-startup-id i3exit hibernate, mode "default" bindsym r exec --no-startup-id i3exit reboot, mode "default" bindsym Shift+s exec --no-startup-id i3exit shutdown, mode "default" # back to normal: Enter or Escape bindsym Return mode "default" bindsym Escape mode "default"}bindsym $mod+End mode "$mode_system"

I'm still having this problem if anyone can help. I am instead trying to switch to Windows 7 because I can't figure it out.

For things like this I normally create a ~/bin directory and add that to $PATH

Reading more on it now, thanks for the pointer.

pic is nsfw sprite art
Hey, so I'm trying to read sicp and I have a couple questions:

Should I use MIT/GNU scheme or racket to learn it?

Should I download the minimal racket or the normal download?

Any tips on how to learn emacs quicker?

Also, so far I've been entering my definitions into the shell and writing my programs from there, without saving anything.
This seems like the wrong approach to take towards things, right?

As in, with low latency and high bandwidth? As in, without worrying about your identity?

If you already know vim you can use Evil, which brings vim modes and keybindings to Emacs without losing any of the latter's functionality. Doesn't the SICP mention [MIT's] scheme? Racket has more docs and seems to be more "modern", but I prefer GNU's MIT-scheme, though I only know the basics of both. The latter seems simpler, and the Debian package is really minimum compared to Racket's. Racket has an IDE (Dr. Racket) that might be useful for beginners, though GNU's MIT-scheme interpreter has most of the same features such as tracing and an embedded debugger.

I'm still looking for help on these >>604116.

its worth a shot. im just a tad jaded about updating, especially after utorrent, and the general trend of feature removal with updates.

Need help with slicing strings.

ls = ["media2.8ch.net/tech/src/1464735733782.jpg","https://media2.8ch.net/tech/src/1464574729045.jpg "] nam = str(ls) srp = nam.strip("[]") slc = srp.split("/")[-1] print(slc)

Expected result
1464735733782.jpg1464574729045.jpg

but got this

1464574729045.jpg

Why is it so? I'm newbie.

If you wrote a script to query the WHOIS database for all different gTLDs for a keyword, is there any chance of anything happening? Their terms of use says:

TERMS OF USE: You are not authorized to access or query our Whoisdatabase through the use of electronic processes that are high-volume andautomated except as reasonably necessary to register domain names ormodify existing registrations;

I guess it's reasonable as long as I'm not querying entire dictionaries at a time?
Has anyone ever been banned from the ICANN? I'm guessing there's probably rate limiting at the very least.

Anyone?

ls = ["media2.8ch.net/tech/src/1464735733782.jpg","https://media2.8ch.net/tech/src/1464574729045.jpg"]nam = str(ls) # don't ever do this, operate on the list items insteadsrp = nam.strip("[]")slc = srp.split("/")[-1]# Use regular expressions insteadimport rels2 = ["media2.8ch.net/tech/src/1464735733782.jpg","https://media2.8ch.net/tech/src/1464574729045.png"]regex = r"\/(\d+.\w+)"for entry in ls2: match = re.findall(regex, entry) print(match[0])

Regex is the optimal solution for this. Don't ever convert a list to a string explicitly like that, it's bad practice.

Instead, iterate over the items in the list and do a regex match on each one.

Regex syntax is tricky at first but it's very good to know.

Or if you prefer le pythonic way :^)

print([match.groups(0)[0] for entry in ls for match in [re.compile("/(\d+.\w+)").search(entry)] if match])

Maybe try request policy?
It isn't a replacement but I use them together, and sometimes they block what the other one doesn't.
I've heard UMatrix is also good.

Wish I could help tell you what's wrong, but noscript works fine for me. Which browser are you using?

Any ideas on how to solve these blocked packages? It seems that some virtual perl packages require perl-5.20, but I have perl-5.22 currently installed. I've tried masking perl-5.20, but that didn't help.

How do I disable this annoying, cluttering SkyDrive thing?

You just have to stop using proprietary crapware.

Nigga, I got a great deal. I needed something portable and not shit. How about a real answer?

To expand on/bump my issue, here's the backstory blogpost:

The computer part of the laptop turns on, the power button lights green, I can hear the fan spin at a proper speed, but that's it.
I can't quite hear if the hdd is spinning at all, the disk light (one that's next to CapsLock and NumLock indicators) lights up only when I tap either Enter or Esc keys. The external monitor remains inactive.
Function keys do not seem to respond.
Tapping Enter, or Down and then Enter or just mashing Enter 500 times has no effect. I have left the computer alone after turning it on for an entire night and then for another couple of hours after tapping Enter once.
I'm almost willing to stick it in my sister's laptop and see how it boots up, but I'm afraid I might fuck her shit up as well.

Yes, it's a working monitor, I used it to back up everything from said HDD onto external drives and try to mend it from within. Could only boot into Linux Mint and couldn't get into the Windows partition for the longest time since you can't mount a drive that's in hibernation mode.
By some miracle and blind mashing on the keyboard during startup I managed to mount said partition with a Windows 7 disk shoved in the dvd drive. Don't ask me how it happened, I don't know.
Stranger still, when I rebooted the machine afterwards, I couldn't log into my Mint. Something to do with the Display Server not responding. It just kept reopening the log in screen after I typed in my password. it was partition :^)
Through more intensive blind face-keyboarding I managed to log into my windows 8.1 OS, but it was … off. Icons missing, resolution fucked up, software unresponsive. Then it just died.

An user at Holla Forums suggested it might be the fault of UEFI. So buying a replacement screen might be my only option.
I just want your confirmation or a better free solution.

toss laptop in furnace and become macfag

k

Thanks so much. Looks like I'll be using regex more often

Styles just stopped working for me. I like the tomorrow theme, and have been browsing my boards. Now if I refresh a page or click a link to a different board, My theme goes away, and the top boards go away, and the options link goes away.

Is Cuckmonkey fucking with the code again, or am I some kind of retard?

Yeah I'm having the exact same issues as of about 10-15 minutes ago. Themes are gone, Options link is gone, a lot of QoL options aren't working like Inline quotes and Quickreply.

I'm also getting 404 errors when posting like pic related.

And that post didn't even go through what the fuck.

Nvm just took a year to show up.

May be a silly question, but I'm asking in relation to the EU promising to deal with "hate speech" online and meeting with tech Giants like Google, Twitter etc.

A few minutes ago while attempting to access Holla Forums from Europe I was prompted to do the Google captcha/"I'm not a robot" because I was attempting to access their Cloudfare. Am I overreacting or does this have any sort of implications?

May be a silly question, but I'm asking in relation to the EU promising to deal with "hate speech" online and meeting with tech Giants like Google, Twitter etc.

A few minutes ago while attempting to access Holla Forums from Europe I was prompted to do the Google captcha/"I'm not a robot" because I was attempting to access their Cloudfare. Am I overreacting or does this have any sort of implications?

No it's just the site shitting itself as usual, Jim is apparently banning ranges at the cloudflare level.
Enjoy it.

Oh, alright. Thanks. Guess it's nothing then.

I want to reinstall my OS. Will this fuck up my programs? I'm mostly concerned about games I have on an SSD. I don't want to have to reinstall all of those. OS is on its own SSD by itself.

If the OS is on a separate SSD from everything else, there probably won't be too many problems. Though the registry will be all fucked up...

Where are Holla Forums's onion links posted?

Try accessing the site from tor m8 pretty sure it tells you.

My guess is 8ch is getting shitloads of European traffic due to that stuff

All I get is this.

And the captcha never works either.