Bravo bendis

tony cant stop being wrong

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20160602004023/http://nerdist.com/superhero-tragedy-strikes-in-marvels-civil-war-ii-1-review/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

When was he wrong the first time?

civil war 1

Could you possibly give some context for people who gave up on reading this shit years ago?

rhody died to stop thanos and since he was under carols command he blames her

So why the fuck is Civil War 2 literally just Minority Report?

anyone want to post the whole comic?

they already did this storyline in Uncanny X-Force too.

Cap'n Dyke hasn't stopped shitting the bed since the name change and haircut.

when will Rhodey come back from the dead?

I give it a few months after Civil War II wraps up. his death has to stick at least a little while to "justify" this event, but maybe a month or two after it's over Rhodey will be back to the world of the living. it's fucking comic books, Status Quo is God.

Wait, "Inhuman" is the term they use in-universe to call them?

Marvel really wasn't thinking too hard when they came up with these beyond "we need to replace the X-men because Fox has them"

The Inhumans are a splinter species of humans who gain powers from the Terrigen Mists. They aren't quite mutants and they aren't meta-humans like some other capes, which works out nicely, because they killed off most of the mutants repeatedly.

Were her orders incompetent? Because Rhodey would know, and accept, that fighting a guy like Thanos is a mission you might not come back from.

Eitherway, I'm always amazed by how much I enjoyed Ultimate Spiderman back in the day, and how much I hate Bendis's other stuff. It's like he was born to do ONE BOOK, and the rest will be shit.

Do they ever bring up that Tony was/is her AA sponsor? I remember years ago a Bendis issue of Avengers where everyone is having a fratboy talk and it's suggested that they ALL fucked Carol, which would be unethical as Hell for Tony as her sponsor. Or did they just drop as much of Carol's convoluted as fuck history, including the alcholism?

Considering that OP is a lazy faggot, and probably a bad person. I'll post it for everyone.

Something tells me that Hot Wheels cover is going to be the raddest part of this storytime.

What a diverse team!
-Black kid
-Muslim kid
-Someone's dead son

Amazing.

Captain Marvel just looks like a genderbent Steve Rogers at this point.

It reminds me of the 90's for some reason.

What happend to Crystal? Why is Beast an Inhuman? Who are those faggots in the background in the Mass-Effect suits?

Did Black Bolt just fuck off forever when Medusa gave him the divorce papers?

It looks like Marvel's gone to shit, and I mean shit.

I honestly don't have a problem with most of them… just whenever I see that Nova it weirds me out. Because the whole LOEB'S DEAD SON factor. Not a lot of things weird me out, but that one does.

THIS IS THE EPIC CIVIL WAR II THEY HAVE PLANNED!!!?!

Oh God man, I'm genuinely laughing right now. This has to be some of the most underwhelming crossover I have ever scene. Look at those sides and that story set up!

At least the art's not awful. There's increasingly fewer Marvel books you can say that about

Have you seen Axis?
Every time Marvel does a crossover event it has so much potential but then they fuck it up.

Olivier Coipel is the last good artist they have I believe. I think everyone else with any real talent left a while back.

I think the worst still goes to Spider-verse. You do a huge crossover event with one of the most popular characters of all time and easily the biggest character of your comics… only to have him in some edgy interdenominational fight against vampires and killing off other spider-men people have grown to love in disrespectful ways.

Well done Marvel.

I love how everyone's charging into battle while Quicksilver peaces the fuck out

Smarmy little faggots probably think they're comedic geniuses for that little floating turd of a low-hanging joke.

Axis didn't have all that great of a premise either. "What if good people were bad and bad people were good"? Is some Jimmy Neutron shit where someone accidentally makes an evil potion. In fact, that did happen in Jimmy Neutron. How do people just become evil? Because Red Skull said so? That's not how good and evil work.

He drew this? Why does the cover say Marquez?

my bad, I guess Coipel did issue #0

That's not even the full lineup of all-new, all-diverse, all-fucking-boring mongrels Marvel's replaced most of the established heroes with in vain hopes of boosting sales, plus a few still-white heroes that just got their shit fucked up so it's clear they're no longer great or not as good as the diversity squad:

And those are just the ones I can name off the top of my head. The funny part is, I wouldn't have any problem with heroes of every ethnicity under the sun if they weren't poorly-written schlock and shoehorned in as arbitrary replacements for existing heroes, but they always are without fail. All it takes is writing interesting characters and not fucking up existing ones, and these hacks can't even do that.

There's endless scores of underused Z-list ethnic superheroes with potentially-interesting backstories and powers that could be brought into the limelight with proper money injections and efforts to rewrite them, and thereby stand next to the long-standing white heroes with the same level of importance given enough time for proper establishment into canon and mass consciousness. However, rather than taking this smart option that couldn't reasonably piss anyone off and would increase opportunities for profit massively, they instead hire hack writers from tumblr for mere pennies, and then tell them to figure out how to work Spider-Man into being a morbidly-obese transexual plutokin or some similar hogwash.

If they just had their ethnically-diverse, sexually-abhorrent nonsense off doing its own thing while leaving the non-shit heroes unpolluted by it, I could stomach it just fine and ignore it as "that stupid shit that sells poorly in its attempt to cultivate a penniless audience", but they always just have to fuck up the existing heroes so badly that they become nearly-unrecognizable, save for branding.

Wait, wait, wait… is the whole crux of this going to be Tony Stark doesn't believe on foolishly acting on future predictions now? Wasn't his "futurist" bullshit the entire reasoning they gave doing the first Civil War? Tell me I'm missing some vital detail before this drives me retarded.

I miss having villains with big, cosmic significance, Webm tangentially related.

Seems interesting. Why isn't this the story?

Why isn't this the story?
Also, why are we still pretending that Ms. Muslim is an A-lister when she can barely fight minor street-level thugs in her own books?

I thought Jane was dying of cancer and that Thor was already worthy of Mjolnir again? What happened with that?

If you've got Blackbolt, why the fuck do you need anyone else?

Alright…

Cool. Why isn't the story about Doctor Strange cobbling together a team of Magic types? That sounds cool.

Well, that's anti-climactic and makes this one of those stories that devalues any sense of tension or danger these books try to have. This also makes this whole story one of those "JUST ANOTHER DAY FIGHTING COSMIC DANGERS!"

Also.. Pretty sure the Celestials can move between Dimensions. They are pretty much the most powerful thing in the Marvel-verse, aren't they?

When did that happen?

OH. Now I get it. They wrote this specifically for normalfags who only watched the movies, so they just replicated that scene from Age of Ultron, but threw in more characters.

Yeah, now the audience and the characters in the story are both confused.

There's telling a story In Media Res and then there's bad disjointed storytelling that's clearly an attempt at grabbing the audience's attention.

This is the latter.

So that's both foreshadowing AND inconsistent with the greater continuity, because Tony builds a new Iron Man suit at least once a fucking week and most of the time he does just for fun. There's literally no way Tony would let his best friend go flying around in what is effectively scrap-metal and chewing gum compared to his newer armors.

Oh, and I'm calling it now. Tony blames himself later in this shitty event for not upgrading Rhodey's suit.

… this is horrible. The whole thing reads like a bad episode of Grey's Anatomy. Fuck, we didn't even get to see the fight that happened, they just alluded to it. Look at all the pages of just fluff and plot, compare them to the pages where actual shit happens and fun stuff goes down… these people do not deserve jobs in any creative field.

It still could've done good things with such characters and such a premise.

To be absolutely fair; his ideological 180 degree turn does make some sense in basic logic

Even his inability to question if his actions more so than his views was the bad element last time makes internal sense; Capeshit is founded on a concept of short-sighted and extreme violence responses to social ills and perceived bad figures; it would never occur to any of them to reconsider their methods (I said it made sense, not that it was a smart reason)

Spider-Verse was meh from the start. The rest had actual potential.

there were a few decent side stories, but as a whole it was a travesty. This is the first time we got to see every spider-man crossed over into one universe. Sometimes we would get big crossovers, but this one had everyone… and their big way of handling was killing most of the more obscure ones in the next panel after they were introduced.

It was a horrible crossover.

we'll see him painted as wrong and beaten this time by the dyke. It's Marvel so this is going to happen.

And that's the end. I don't think She Hulk will die right now. Probably later for dramatic effect.

I'm really confused at Tony's actions, considering he's all about predicting the future and doing things that seem morally questionable in order to insure the safety of everyone. That's what Civil War 1 was about. Not to mention him completely blaming Carol for acting upon a vision of Thanos attacking is completely ridiculous. How many times have the Avengers or any superhero recieved a distress call from someone saying they saw a vision of something bad happening? Why wouldn't he blame Thanos for killing Rhodey, since he killed Rhodey? How is it Carol's fault at all? Imagine you're Carol and someone tells you Thanos is going to show up. Do you just wave it off because acting on a vision is just…unsound now? How many superheroes and superpeople as a whole can see the future? How many just inexplicably get visions every so often? Several! None of this makes any sense.

Oh, dat cheap melodrama!
"My buddy Rhodey is DEEAAAAAAD!"
"My buddy Jennifer is DEEAAAAAAD!"

All, to what, rehash the ideas of eliminating threats before they happen, which was handled a lot better in the second Cap movie?

I guess I need to accept that Tony, the first comic character I cared about as a little kid in the 80s, is a fucking moron. I'm sure he'll be the badguy in Civil War III as well.

Does Thanos even do this bullshit anymore? Just show up on Earth trying to find shit like cosmic cubes? Unless they bring back the Thanos-copter, it seems like they just tossed the last 30 years of character out the window to make him a petty cosmic thug.

This is easily down there with the Spider-woman issue dealing with being a parent, the Unbeatable Squirrel Girl as a whole, and the Gwen Pool Christmas issue.

Yeah, i can see him being sad that Rhodey is dead, sure… but that could have happened in any mission, even the one at the beginning (when he unknowingly was acting on the same inhuman visions Carol acted on later). Like, if this was just a single issue, bad day thing, it would be interesting. It would be a story that leaves you thinking… oh, wait, not it wouldn't. Acting on the future vision was THE RIGHT MOVE BOTH TIMES. Unless it turns out Thanos was trying to save the Earth, THEN it gets interesting.

Carol you're retarded and fucked up.

Why does Marvel treat their villains like jokes?

It's literally all her fault. Why would you even allow Rhodey to go there when fucking thanos is going to show up? It's not like they can't contact more powerful people considering THEY ALREADY FUCKING DID THAT IN THIS SAME ISSUE to fight some cosmic power

also, is She-Hulk a lesbian now as well?

GOOD! That mean she will not appear more in Hellcat! Good bless her, now her soul will not continue to be reaped by appearing and doing retarded stuff in that comic!

I'm going to assume Monica Rambeau was the reason they managed to apprehend him and put him in jail because nobody else in that page is remotely in his tier of power.

of course this would mean Carol's taking credit for work Monica did again, but that's nothing new.

okay

hit the button too early.

I hope another cosmic menace comes by and everyone dies. That's why I posted based Dick Rider

Hey, Dazzler took on Galactus once!

But, yeah, why would Tony only find out about the attack on Thanos after the fact? Why wouldn't EVERYONE be there again, Thanos has proven time and time again to be a universe scale threat, even without bullshit.

If Thanos is really just a background tool in this, and doesn't have more of a reason then "he was looking for a cosmic cube or something" then this is especially retarded. You'd think they wouldn't through throw one of their biggest bads under the bus as a goon right when they should be working most to remind people why he's as special as he is.

That's genuinely the best thing that can happen to Marvel characters, that they are killed in their prime. It doesn't even matter if the way they die is horrible, it just keeps them out of Marvel's hands for a while.

Man, I can't read this shit. And this is coming from someone who got into comics through the first civil war and loved it.

Every time I see female Thor or black Spider-man my mind automatically adds "Thor! (but not the real Thor)" to everything. Its like no one in this comic is the genuine article anymore besides Tony.

Miles is an okay kid. Jane is a dumb fucking bitch though.

I didn't realize Nova still fighting in the Cancerverse was an extended metaphor for the company at large.

Richard died for Bendis' sins

It's not that they're bad characters and I think Miles Morales is the best thing to come of the ultimates-verse.

The problem is that there are FAR too many characters who are trying to be stand in for other characters. Falcon as cap, female thor, It doesn't bother me that they are there. it bothers me that they are trying to replace someone else.

its like the chinese knockoff avengers, and I know that part of the reason they are is to push some political narrative, and because of that I can't enjoy the characters I loved anymore.

He's a Mary Sue. Thus the nickname Miles Sue. None of their diversity quotas are good characters and the good characters are written horribly.

Miles Would be more okay if he wasn't Spider-man while standing next to Spider-man(Peter) and was his own character.
Jane would be better if they made her an Asgardian and not Thor.

Considering there's about a dozen active Spider-Men and Spider-Women already, it just feels awkward to have him around at all.

you know, I wonder if having spider-powers is now the most common power in the Marvelverse. I feel like flying might beat it, but I could be wrong.

I think it has to do with the ultra progressive push and Marvel discovering what DC figured out a long time ago: legacy characters do pretty well. But you can't introduce legacy characters for EVERYONE in the span of a few years, and then just make entire legacy teams before people are even used to these guys. I mean, Rhodey did replace Tony as Iron Man for a while, but that was like 35-40 years ago, and he's been Warmachine for decades now. Just saying "Here's New Spiderman, here's New Thor, here's New Cap" etc. in so short a time is just a mess, and doesn't allow for letting fans pick who they want to stay around. Falcon has been around forever, people like him. Miles is still fairly new, but most people like him. Jane Thor is SHIT, has always been shit, and I'm surprised she's still around at all. But they won't get rid of her because she kinda got in as part of this huge group of legacy characters, and no one has the balls to just say "she didn't work, cut her loose".

How many Spider-women are still active in 616? I never grew attached to any of them, so I never know how many have come and gone, but I know it's a lot.

I just really hate how everyone talks. Everyone thinks they're Spider-man and have to add their shitty quips during supposed serious threats. They sound like shitty comedians on a sitcom not super heroes.

Just wait to Thor 3: Ragnarok comes out in theaters and the old Thor should come back.

Hell, if worked with Peter Parker replacing Doc Ock, Superior Spider-Man and Steve Rodgers get his Cap America roles back when there movies came out it's gotta happen to Thor.

That's true. They're probably waiting until right before the movie comes out of maximum effect, and will just eat the shitty sales of her book (if she still has one) until then.

To them, the bad guy isn't a challenge to be overcome, the bad guy is a punching bag, and HOW DARE that punching bag fight back when ambushed.

Without Jennifer to handle their side of the legal dispute, Thanos gets both deaths to be ruled as self defense, and only has to pay a fine for his breaking and entering charge. Suing the Ultimates for "emotional distress", Thanos is awarded partial ownership of the team.

Using his amazing managerial skills, Thanos makes the Ultimates the most effective superhero team in the galaxy, and is promoted to team leader within a year.

I actually wish that is where this was going. Hell, that happening and seeing how Tony dealt with it would be more comicy than anything else that has happened in the last 3 or 4 years… aside from that Shark Girl crossover with Spider-man.

user. You gotta step back and look at the bigger picture. A squad of b-list heroes thought they could ambush Thanos. While having no heavy hitters of their own and expecting to get out with no casualties.

Why would a leader of said squad think such a thing would be a good idea?

web.archive.org/web/20160602004023/http://nerdist.com/superhero-tragedy-strikes-in-marvels-civil-war-ii-1-review/

Even normies hate it

WHAT THE FUCK KIND OF UNHOLY AUTISM IS THIS SHIT?!?!?!?!

Only the Magus can save us now

It does seem absurd that she wouldn't call in back up from at least a few dozen more capes, especially heavy hitters. I mean, it's fucking Thanos. Did the inhuman tell her not to bring anyone else? Because she brought Warmachine because he was just THERE, so I guess not. So basically this has nothing to do with the future vision shit, the future vision so far seems like THE SMARTEST SHIT EVER TO MAKE USE OF. The logical resolution to this is a thread tier system like in One Punch Man, so that people are less likely to throwdown with demigods when they can't handle it. Which seems like something the Avengers would HAVE already.

threat tier*

WHY

The creative bankruptcy of mainstream comics is utterly staggering.

We also didn't get a continuing series of the best alternate Spider-man. I want my animu-mecha Asian Spider-girl now.

In my opinion she was the only good thing to come from that entire event aside from a few 2099 antics. It's funny how she was written off when she was the only well written minority female character from them in years… though, with current marvel's writing, I think it's probably a blessing in disguise that they forgot her.

But user, don't you like Silk? She's a vampire slayer AND a Korean - the most unrepresented Asian group in westen comics w00t! - AND is Spider-man's new girlfriend AND is a bookend to the greatest Spider-man arc of them all! She's like a magical girl with the Spider-Totem but kicks ass just like Peter Parker!

I've checked so many boxes that you will have to love her!

…That does make sense. Fuck it, I'm with Tony. It's 100% Carol's fault. The New Warriors made the same decision of knowing they were outclassed and they all died in Civil War 1. A seasoned professional like Carol should know better, especially given her background as a tactician. She led an Avengers team once and now she sending Dazzler to fight Thanos. It's not like it was a 'Everyone else is busy! It's up to us!' situation. And it certainly wasn't a 'Thanos?! Here?!' situation. She knew ahead of time, and still decided to take only 6 heroes, ,one of which is tiny Danielle Cage, and another is FUCKING DAZZLER. Don't the Ultimates have connections?

Not to mention, the best part, the catalyst for the entire Civil War II?

IT HAPPENED OFF SCREEN

Civil War started with Stamford. Civil War II starts with Tony getting a call of "Oh yeah, Rhodey's dead, Thanos killed him. Come quick!"

Holy shit, this stinks. This fucking stinks! Not to mention stupid Repeat Bendis is writing it, so the dialogue is going to repeat over and over because Repeat Bendis is writing it and he likes to repeat words and phrases.

Didn't they replace her with Mary Jane again?

Doesn't Silk have the same personality as Spider-Man too? And also work at the Daily Bugle? It's like Marvel's beating me over the head with her skull and it makes me hate her more than I hate every other character that's yet another spider-character.

She isn't a school girl who rides around in a mech suit fighting Public Security Section 9.

That sounds awfully familiar. Like another stupid event that was complete garbage.

They should have had a close up of another character watching, as they just give vague narration on it.
"Oh no, they might not… no, wait! They're doing it! Son of a bitch, how did they…? YES! MULTIVERSE SAVED!"

could somebody storytiem this?

Light 'em up!

Oh you poor naive anons. You aren't even as deep in this rabbit hole as I am.

Look at the comic again shown by user. Pay attention to Carol as her attitude is essentially, "It was a minor set back, some incidents happened and we have it mostly under control now."

Now look at the panels of action that Thanos is in. Thanos is thrashing every single hero there. No shared blows. No one holding him down with some gimmick of the week. Just a straight up curb stomping, like an adult beating a child, of every single hero there.

This is played as minor set back as if this outcome was to be expected and loses were part of the deal. Hurray, Thanos is in jail…

Sjw do this thing where their insanity is tried to be portrayed as common sense. While their view of insanity is actually common sense.

Rhoads death at Thanos is treated as, well yeah that would happen. No biggy part of the job.
Tonys reaction to his friends pointless death is seen as,"Dude. You're blowing a ghasket over nothing"

To be fair, the battle with Thanos was in the Free Comic Book Day issue

That something I can look up on my phone for free? I might check it out, and see if that comic was retarded, too.

I mean, is there a reason given for her not bringing more and stronger people?

If you side with Carol you need to go back to 4chan

K

Best I can find user. Is that the fight is in Ultimates #8. Released on the 5th of June I believe.

You're gonna need more promethium soldier, that's Kowaru and Shinji in the back.

Holy shit. Wrestling handles good guys and bad guys better than this. What the fuck

Hell. The UFC does good guys and bad guys better than this. You can't even give a believable bad guy anymore.

So Danvers screws up and everyone else goes and Tony blames her? there's not substance to those characters.

…shit, you are right, I fucking missed it.

Don't worry, this is shaping up to make Civil War 1.0 look like Shakespeare in comparison.

Why capeshit being capeshit bothers or surprises any of you anymore is beyond me.

is this bait?
Kirby invented the Inhumans along with the X-men.
I recommend Paul Jenkins excellent Inhuman's series (only 12 issues)

Iron Man bendis spoke to himself, fascinating

also Celestials are back alive?
How are Deadpool, Squirrel Girl, Quicksilver, Black Panther, Cyclops, Beast and Cable flying?

the fuck.

more wonderful dialogue from the master himself.

And why the fuck is this even a storyline.
I'll say it again, Uncanny X-force has done this before so much better.
Both with the predicting the future and taking out potential targets.
Fuck sake

just remember. They all died to Beyonders.

How?

I'd argue multiverse. Like you said, trandimensional travel.
Sure they don't have reality warping powers. But fuck me have they fucked up people who have got them.

fucking based scene.
Everyone's dicking each other over some petty war and the rest of the galaxy fought on a cosmic scale.

fucking this.
It's Aunt May shot all over again.
They could use good, dark or asgardian magic to save them.
A.I.M island tech.
Cyber tech.
reality warping
super soldier serums.
I could go on

yeah Thor will be a man again.
Then Valkyrie will become black.

I'd like to see Matt Murdock defend Thanos in court.

Am I the only one who doesn't see how this would actually lead to people picking Carol or Tony's "side"? It seems more like the conflict would be Tony vs. Medusa, since he's blaming the inhuman kid for the fact that Carol is too stupid about who she brings with to fight Thanos. If it turned out the Inhumans were just manipulating everyone, that would be way more interesting than the conflict they seem to be setting up. I have to assume they thought the name ("lets do Civil War… again!") before they had any idea of what plot would allow for any of this to happen.

But what can I expect? The original Civil War was poorly justified trash as well, but at least you could pretend that some of it made sense.

could be, his mind being a closed loop might be an external power to trick any psychics.

Yeah, is everyone suddenly NOT a recovering alcoholic? Even if they just drank soda, I'd assume at least one of them might be feel uncomfortable with the terminology.

The first Civil war had the Wolverine stuff that was okay overall

Can't wait for the one user who gets buttmad over the term "capeshit" to appear and be buttmad because you used his favorite maymay.

No sniktbub stuff is ever good.

I'm sure some writer will find a way to make a good book on the side of all this nonsense. Writers have been finding ways to make the most of shitty events for decades, so it's not like every title is sure to suck.

This sounds awfully familiar.

but civil war had good points on both side…brought up with the wrong strawman but still

i love it

If Civil War II was just all of the heroes turned into Hot Wheels cars, it would be better.

shit, i guess i can be an avenger too since i can fart the alpahbet

No you can't

He's working on it. Q is a difficult letter to master.

(check)
what if i drop also that i can pat my belly with the left hand and rub my chest with the right one?

can i join now?

They're making a company wide crossover over shit the X-Men deal with every Thursday? Like, literally, fucking with the future is the gimmick for a half dozen mutants at least. Get Cable on the phone, just ask him how to deal with this shit. Go ask the X-Men how they dealt with Destiny, even talk to Mystique if she's not evil today.

Hell, a lot of organizations have precogs in their employ like SWORD. They're not that rare.

I swear no one at Marvel now has ever read a comic book.

But user how is Marvel and Disney going to make money if they don't own the movie rights to X-Men? Better to have the Inhumans and the Avengers handle everything instead so that way we don't lose any shekels.

But user why would anyone want to read those old boring comics about cishet-whitemale mysogynerd terrorist power fantasies? These newer comics are a lot better and women friendly!

this is a valid fucking point.
He appeared earlier in the comic.
He's a smart guy who has the most experience with this sort of thing.
It's his life, he'd have tons of knowledge

They read the ones their friends are writing. That's it.

I can't read all this clusterfuck or I'll harm my brain.

Is it so bad as it looks?

>Killing She Hulk
At least she won't appear in more Hellcat comics.

She Hulk will continue to appear.

Sometimes I wonder if they even read the books that they WROTE. Like if you just isolated Bendis's 616 stuff, would most of it make sense together?

Oh man, if she just continued to be in the book, but was colored as ghost and no one mentioned it at all, that would almost be clever.

So of course that won't happen.

Thing is, going through all their side book promo shit, there's actually X-Men tie-ins. I don't know what they're doing anymore, I don't think they do either.

Of course, we don't want to lose the "Sex in New York" audience.

Jennifer's last words should have been an oldschool 4th wall break. Something like "Crossovers are a great way to build your profile… I freakin' stole Atlantis Attacks, yo!"

How the fuck does a Hulk die in hospital of their wounds anyway? If she died in the battle and Rhodey succumbed that'd at least make some sense.

Seriously this is the thing that bothers me the most about this shit comic so far. Not Carol being a fucking retard. Not the stilted dialogue. Not the fact that FUCKING THANOS JOBBED LIKE A MUTHAFUCKER! No, the idea that a Hulk, A FUCKING HULK, would die from injuries. There's only one way to kill a Hulk: you do it in one blow or you don't do it at all.

I fucking hate comics… Why do I still care to watch one of my favorite things continue to circle the drain?Why can't I move on Holla Forums?

That's what happens when you see a loved one slowly falling into a spyral of autodestruction. There will be a time you'll abandon him and just go to his funeral

I guess She-Hulks just aint as sturdy as He-Hulks after all.

i bet is thick legs on his neck and snu snu

Jennifer has probably fucked or tried to fuck every other guy in the room, of course her mind wanders when fresh meat comes into play.

Why all the dead weight? She had time to call an old flame, but didn't think to say "oh hey, bring Ben with you" Medusa and Crystal are there because precog inhuman so fine, but why Dazzler? Slow day at the roller rink? Nobody lost in Cloak right now? Let me just go fight Thanos, what could go wrong, I've got sparkles.

is shit, badly portradyed and shohorned but fuck he still have a point

who is she? ive stopped reading comics with siege and fear

but the human torch is still powerfull..or he lost his power after dying?

i cant see how anyone would agree with that

I don't know either, but at a guess it's movie JARVIS with tits because this is level of creativity the House of Ideas is working at now.

Haven't read the comics so I don't know how much the movie diverges from them, but in the Ultron Avengers movie JARVIS becomes Vision and Friday is his replacement for Stark.

Jarvis is a fat little butler for Tony, he's flesh and blood in the comics, or was, haven't seen him in ages. Still, Marvel does love riding on the coattails of their own movies, why we have CW2 afterall.

For the record Vision in the comics was made by Ultron from the brainwaves of Wonder Man (an Avenger), nothing to do with Stark (since crazy person Hank Pym made Ultron in the comics).

I don't read much either, but she is basically the same role JARVIS had in the movies, I forget if she was introduced a while before or after the first Iron Man movie. She's now actively his AI assistant in the movies (the joke about her being a redhead in Civil War is directly related to her comic appearance).

I don't read Marvel that often but i think that something was wrong with all of this.
Why didn't they call Iron Man?
I mean, his problem was that the predictions could lead to some superheroes to make bad decisions on people which is a good point, but at the same time he was okay with easy calls like alien invasions or cosmic monsters right there
How Thanos is a hard decision? I mean, yeah, even if the kid's predictions are not 100% accurate, it is worth to check that information out because it might be the fucking Thanos.
We just put Rhodey on the phone to call him, Tony, rememeber the kid with the visons? he said Thanos will be on earth, maybe. So we are going to try to ambush him, do you want to come with us? Come on, I am your best friend, give us a hand here.
And even if Tony thinks the power of that kid is bullshit or dangerous, that is fine, but if the visions are is true for the SECOND time, what are they supposed to do? let Thanos walk on the Earth to do whatever the fuck he wants.

Exactly. We live in an age where horror movies have to explain why they can't just use their cellphone to get help, and people who have time to set up a damn AMBUSH for Thanos don't have time to call in some heavy hitters? I read a thing where Bendis claims he thought of this whole story idea before they even called it Civil War II, but it just feels like a lie. Because this set up is so damn flimsy, I can hardly believe they want to hang an entire event on it.

Does the tie in comic even explain how they catch Thanos? Because I don't see how he couldn't kick enough of their asses to at least escape.

I just know this is going to turn into another "Tony is wrong even when he's right" events, and it already feels like a failed attempt to make people like Carol.

I mean look at the last page in , Tony is pissed off because Carol used her knowledge of the future to make a bad decision, and She-Hulk is acting like Carol did the right fucking thing. As if Tony being pissed off that Carol led these people to their easily avoidable deaths is irrational.

But then again I also know that since Tony makes sense, they'll force him to do something fucking stupid. Next issue he'll probably kick a puppy or something just so that the readers know he's super-duper bad. It's just like the beginning of the first Civil War, where Tony had a good point and they decided to then give him down-syndrome.

The comic that is going to give details about this fight is in the current Ultimates comic number 8. That comic comes out in early June 6th-ish I think. So unless an user gots an early copy we won't know how the fight ended the way it did.

At least Civil War 1 had good points for both sides. It ended fucking stupid but the points were at least legit concern.

What the fuck does seeing into the future and a leader making a fucking stupid call have to do with being a good point at all?
Think Civil War 1 for a bit. New Warriors attention whoring helps cause an elementary to become a smear on the floor. So consequences like these effect the entire hero-verse on a personal level. Should or should not heroes be unmasked because of this kind of negligence.

Civil War 2. Carol Danvers gets 2 well known heroes killed by using mostly heroes who are unqualified and inexperienced to face galactic threat Thanos. This somehow effects all heroes on a personal level where they want to side with Carol on this? Fucking why!?

He's already went to Attilan to take Ulysses from the Inhumans royal family,

Can I also just say how much I fucking despise the Inhumans.
They're just becoming another X-men, really cunty holier-than-thou types.

Not really

That only happened because Nitro, unbeknownst to anyone, got a massive power upgrade.

Tony's side did have a point.

If you can destroy the planet with a thought, yes I'd like at least one person to be aware of that.

What the hell kind of point is that? If they can destroy the planet with a thought, why would they even bother with draconian government legislation?

There are at least a dozen people in the Marvel Universe who can destroy the planet within seconds if so inclined.
Yes, I would like those people to be known.
You do know that word means something, right? You can't just fling it out when you want something to sound bad.
Wanting at least Tony Stark to know if a person is capable of extinction on a whim is pretty fucking reasonable. I'm gonna guess you're an X-men fan, since they seem to be the majority of people who are this retarded.

Is this shit even selling anywhere near what the original piece-of-shit book sold?

Who user. Don't drop info on this where it seems like there is context missing.
For what? What did Tony do? Did he slap an inhuman or eat a baby? It better be a fucking good reason on why Medusa has a hate boner for Tony right now
I'm fully aware it's gonna be a retarded reason. But I wanna know the focus of my rage before I unleash it

I just said why she wants to smack his shit you halfwit,Tony went to Attilan to outright take Ulysses away from the Royal family.

Page 1 panel 2 literaly has Karnak(who's an edgelord now) ask why is Meduse letting Tony get away with something that should be considered an act of war(taking someone who's under the royalty's watch.)

IE:Ton'y being the super-retard again.

But user. Did Tony bust open walls. Nuke a few homes to get to Ulyssus?
Or did he just appear infront of them. Tried to walk past them and didn't succeed and left?

Given the circumstance that sounds like the proper move.

Wait a moment. Wait just one moment. I gotta step back on this and think a little more and hoping it's not going the way it is…

Is Civil War II gonna be about heroes going toe to toe against each other because Tony decided he wanted to take the seer.
Not because of whether the ambush on Thanos was a good idea? Why is the lesser story the focus of the Civil War!?
The Hero Registration act, though ignored, was a hero-verse effecting moment. What the fuck does a 'dime a dozen' seer have to do with how this effects the hero-verse!? They have other fucking heroes that have been messing with future events for fucking decades!? Why not use them instead of this plot device? This whole event is even more stupid the more I dig into it. And it was stupid to begin with.

Pretty sure Carol didn't even start applying the nation-wide precog arrest policy yet.

It's the inhumans, farting in their general direction is "an act of war".
This is almost point for point that same shit as "no you can't take Realitywarp McUniverseBender from the X-men, that's war! You just hate mutants!".

The usage is appropriate.

It's also pretty unrealistic. The US government, the real US Government, can't even keep track of how many illegals there are in the country. How are they going to keep track of people capable of mass extinction with a thought? Keep in mind that you're not only dealing with people who don't want the government to know about them, as you would illegal immigrants, but also people who don't know themselves that they have this kind of ability, until they use it and then it's too late.

Not even remotely. The action is nowhere near "too harsh", and it's all too fucking lenient for what's at stake.

Because they aren't trying to.
Maybe the same way Professor-X is able to keep track of everybody with a certain gene using a mind-computer.
In which case the entire argument is moot because when it's "too late" it's too late both ways. If these people don't know until it's too late, then how is leaving them to figure it out and cause Armageddon of their own accord a smarter move?

Oh man, finding a weakness in TONY STARK! How ever will they mange???

Next page is just a AIDS filled hooker with a case of booze, with a note saying "For Tony"

The difference is that the X-Men are mutants,not long established royals of a society with a former king who's fucking chuckles can shake the earth.

What if your powers are something benign like being able to see the school cafeteria's lunch menus weeks in advance? The government want you to register as a human weapon of mass destruction, tell them your name and everything about you and force you to undergo 'training', the efficacy of which is debatable, all just because you've got an ability which allows you to know your school (or even, a school) is going to serve leftover pizza next tuesday? Seems pretty draconian to me

But it's been established that Mutants and regular people with superhuman abilities aren't the same thing, and Cerebro can't track the latter. Not to mention there are people, like Magneto, who can shield themselves from Cerebro.

user. You are thinking kind of side ways instead of actually addressing the issue.
Now for clarity, yes the United States has done things far harsher when it comes to controlling big brothering citizens. The invasion of Japanese citizens of the US during WW2. Also the most recent offender, the Patriot Act. You honestly believe the USA wouldn't pass a law, for the citizens "sake", to control certain US citizens? They'll do it for the sake of control than actual protection. So the Hero Registration Act is likely something that would happen.
Hell, gun control is the way it is right now because fear is used to make a tool used to defend yourself and turn it into a weapon of mass destruction.
Not saying the HRA will work perfectly, but more like it's a law that would get support to be passed if such a thing like it happened in USA of irl.

And the inhumans are inhumans.
No, they're just proto-SJWs obsessed with "equality" which to them means ridding themselves of bad things but getting to keep all the superpowers, with a literal god whose brain can warp reality.

You're basically saying the government shouldn't keep tabs on who owns a Nuclear bomb because then if a kid owns a water pistol he'll be required to undergo training for WMDs.
Your idea that law has no context is blisteringly retarded.

And if Professor-X can magic up a machine he should have no ability to build and manage to track people he should have no ability to track, why the fuck can't anyone else? If he can manage to telepathy his way into finding out who has a certain fucking gene, it should be easy as hell to create a machine which finds out who has reality-warping ability.
That's only the case because it's convenient for that to be the case. Cerebro is a prime-example of a doohickey, something which makes no sense but works because it makes stories easier. And to use your example, it's gotta be way easier to find a guy who can blow up a planet that it is to find a mutant who can change lunch menus.

I feel the need to point out that there's a big difference between owning a gun and being able to lift cities with your mind.
I mean the right to bare arms shall not be infringed, but "recreational nukes" aren't right.

I agree that there is.
I'm just pointing out that HRA is a very likely scenario and irl USA has done similar if not the same actions as in comics. So saying HRA is an impossibility is kinda amusing. So of course you'd see people divided on the pluses and minuses. But in this case the people have super powers.

Inhumans are hierarchical as fuck and had fucking slaves for fucking millenia.

You do I have the keen feeling you don't even read comics and just want to bitch about SJWs and ,by extension, Marvel?

And? Your point was that the Inhumans are dangerous, but they're no more dangerous than any given mutant. And as I already said, what ISN'T an act of war against the Inhumans?

The Inhumans are hierarchical and thus it's different to do things they don't like than to do things anyone else doesn't like? What a dumb point. It's only different in their reaction, confirming what I said earlier.

Of course it's going the way it is. You didn't really think they thought things through at Marvel anymore, did you? Otherwise Capt. America wouldn't be a Hydra agent, there'd be no Whor and Unbeatable Squirrel Girl (and every other publication vaguely like it, like Hellcat) wouldn't exist full stop.

Don't forget that Amadeus Cho managed to cure Bruce Banner of the Hulk in all of a couple issues, completely disregarding decades of continuity showing it's a tad difficult.

Why not? Right to bear arms doesn't specify what kind of arms.

You're the faggot that called them SJWs,I was retorting that.

Mutants had no actual society around them,being fringe cases in society by fucking name,this is in direct opposition with Inhumans have a fucking capital/town with a king and their own tech and shit and their own traditions.

How the fuck are they not capable of war when they have a fucking government and a good population of superhumans,which mutants lack because thjey're legit mutants,as in not being in one place and birth being spontanious.

Where the fuck did you get that proto-SJW shitwhen they had a whole race of fucking slaves,royalty still existed and a king had a fucking harem of wives,most of which he's apathetic or hates.

Unless you're just bating me by acting retarded,at which point well fucking done sir,you baited me like the ruse-master you are.

They're not equivalent

No, Marvel is retarded. Civil War never stated whether or not this hypothetical law should have contextual application, it's basically just seven issues of Iron Man being a twat.

meant for

And freedom of religion didn't specify what kind of religion. The founding fathers counted on the ability of the people to act as good arbiters of the moral and social good. But as can be seen by the fact that they're now applying the constitution to non-Americans, clearly that was too generous an assumption.

And of all the points, you chose the one that had absolutely no baring on the actual conversation whatsoever.

Literally fucking irrelevant to the point.
Nobody said they weren't you utter fuckwit.
Mutants seem to have no problem going to war over the countless little things that annoy them both in 616 and alternate universes.
You have completely lost track of the converation. Go back, read over it, and then respond. You couldn't follow on despite it being pretty fucking clear.

Oh yes they fucking are.
Maybe it's because all laws have contextual application unless otherwise stated?
Maybe it's because contextual application is the entire basis of the Western legal system?

Tell this to Marvel

Holy shit, dat lazy splash page ending. Looks like a rejected cover and the artist just said fuckit.

Every fucking hero team has some fucking future seer or time fuckery member. Who they just let him/her do as he pleases.
You have scarlet witch who has had multiple arcs of her fucking everyone over but no one bats an eye to that.
Than there that plot device time travel mutant from that x-men arc, about the Super Omega can do anything and everything and make x-man look like his bitch, and she just disappears and no one gives a fuck about her.

So why even mess with a fucking inhuman who has done a fucking fraction of the shit other "heroes" have done before. It's a retarded plot device. The Thanos fuck up is more interesting than this. The celestial even was more interesting than this. This "event" only technically effects Tony, Carol and the Inhumans at most. Ulysses at most is just the messenger. He can give the info but it's up to the people on top on how to use that. So why the fuck is there any reason at all to have him as the cause of Civil War II?

valid fucking point.
This isn't a mugger about to rob a shop.
This is a wanted intergalactic criminal whose killed half the universe before.
It doesn't matter if he hasn't done wrong yet, he's done wrong before that's gone unpunished

I think that's the biggest thing about this issue, at least, that leaves you wondering "why?" Everything that ISN'T the apparent focus of the plot is way more interesting than the focus! Who cares about the inhuman kid? THEY HAVE THANOS LOCKED UP IN THE BASEMENT! Tony isn't more concerned about why he's even on Earth? Maybe getting captured was part of his plan, etc. the MAD TITAN is kind of a bigger threat than "this kid might call Carol again". Any one of the people Tony had with him in the opening pages could have easily been killed before back up arrived, the only thing he needs Carol to learn is CALL BACK UP. No event, no huge cross over, one heated discussion sometime before Rhodey's funeral.

I mean, shit, I never thought "capes are just idiot brutes who solve problems with fists" when I was a kid, because logically it was hard to manufacture a reason for heroes to actually come to blows. Now? Oh, Carol did a stupid thing, time to commit an act of war against the inhumans!

What's sad is that this doesn't even have the decency to fall under, "capes are just idiot brutes". Cause if it was, than Tony would be beating the shit out of Carol right about now or close enough to it. No it has to diverge to a fucking unimportant and hardly even that influential Inhuman who has been branded with the sin of, "I told the Queen of Medusa that Thanos is coming to Earth." That is fucking it. The story doesn't even have the fucking decency of even trying to be comic booky about the Inhuman being a double agent clone spy from another dimension who gave false information. His info was legit and the ones at top fucked up badly with the info. And somehow it's the unimportant little fuckers fault.

If I can get on my little soap box for a moment, I think the real problem here is that the Civil War 2 is an exceedingly cynical and capital motivated venture for anyone who actively observes comics from the outside and only reads what they care to. As I think a couple people have pointed out, this Civil War is a retread of the last Civil War:

Not only is it dumb, and we know its dumb, but its insultingly dumb because it presumes we the reader are cattle who won't notice and even if we do that we are also mindless animals who will buy this feed slop because it's all we're given. Worse because they're essentially right, we will vote yes with our megabucks on things we hate expressly to talk about how much we hate them.

Specific to the storyline I think the reason Tony always comes up the bad guy, even though Marvel admin thinks he's the good guy here and desperately wants to convince the reader of that - even going so far as to have him switch orientations on major issues so he can be in the right (He was pro-government before and people hated it, lets have him be anti-gov this time, that'll work!) - is because he's a transhumanist.

Tony emphasizes the trans part of transhumanism by asserting that because he a) has the intelligence, and b) has the money, then he must by default have c) the wisdom to do whatever he wants whenever he wants for the good of humanity. Tony Stark, golden boy, smartest man in the room, is in his own mind an infallible examplar whose ends always justify his means because he meant well.

He does not represent any of the major humanist points because he inherently thinks himself superior to other people, and because of that while we might enjoy Tony's fast cars or slick charm, he's not acting like a hero except when he's being played by Robert Downey Jr.

The thing is Carol Danvers isn't being a hero either. As another user pointed out she's a meat head who tried to take down Thanos, a cosmic threat who has required the entire marvel multiverse to defeat before, with a hodge podge of talent. And she's not sorry for it, what? Because she had a government go-ahead from Maria Hill? How many shit shows does Hill have to administer before she gets fired? She's not Nick Fury, and she's never going to be Nick Fury, and they need to stop trying to convince us she holds a candle to him.

tl;dr its not just the tools that are wrong over at marvel, it's how they're being used, taking perfectly good ideas and utterly fucking them by committee.

They also didn't intend for political parties to be a thing, that also fell apart pretty much right after Washington's term, so basically the "ideal situation" for the country didn't really make it past a few years.

"But heroes can't hit girls! That's sexist!"

Prediction time.

Well… sure, I mean… WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG?

Thanos dindu nuffin, it was self-defense.

Counting down to Thanos the Hero at the climax of the story.

I'd pay to read a full comic where Thanos is just sent to normal jail, and the other prisoners try to pick on him like he's new meat. Picture Thanos in the orange prison garb, you know you want it, too.

Fuck, I wish comics were fun still. When I was young, Cap got high on super cocaine!

What, you mean imagine Thanos getting raped by Tyrone in jail?

To be a proper prison story, yes, at least an attempt as to be made by someone to get into his big, purple space butt.

different thing (but kinda the same)

think of them as super-evolved humans. there's actually one thing where a godlike supervillain is an inhuman with the mutant x-gene

I can buy maybe deadpool. they probably paid out the ass for it, but I can buy him joining up

but Nightcrawler??? NIGGA WAS DEAD! What happened? why can't we have meaningful, lasting deaths in these

i'm fully expecting uncle ben to come back any day now

isn't scarlet witch a mutant and not a sorcerer?

don't forget the half black half mexican kid

…Wait, yeah, you're right. I don't know much about Scarlet Witch, but is her alternate reality powers considered magical? Why do I feel like this was all slapped together at this last moment? This was teased last year. Meaning they probably had more than a year to come up with a story that bare minimum made sense after you read it.

So did anyone already mention the "it's all just a vision" ending like they did with that X-Men run where the black kid, what's-his-face, the one who feeds off of peoples' brainwaves and steals their skills?
Because I can't really see this ending any other way, as it will allow them to undo all these deaths with impunity.

it's an AI tony created as a replacement to Jarvis … I think

if this is the ultimate universe, then Jarvis is an AI. if it's the regular universe, he's like a butler or something I thought

anyway, makes some sense at least. Tony seems like the type of guy to keep a woman at beck and call

That's what he meant by 'Black Kid'

Wait… is that the classic Squirrel Girl in the third page?

just when I'd forgot

Like Kingpin was?

This shit was all off-screen, why not have the queen of off-screen victories fucking take out Thanos herself? She's done it before!

Also, fucking Cable is right next to her. He was invited to that party. Fucking no one thought to ask him about this precog, future vision bullshit!

They bring up that Tony is the futurist, but the reasoning he's given for not abusing the shit out of a precog's absolute accuracy is because "people might get hurt"? The motherfucker stood for exactly that point of view for the HRA in Civil War 1, and barely changed since then.

I understood his stance as the problem of judging pre-crime, and how you crosscheck the Oracleboy.

You know, the kinda stuff Philip K Dick tried to warn us against, then got made into a Tom Cruise movie. Tony is once again picking the side of whats lawful – at least, law as we know it.

why couldn't he just blast him with the other hand?

i thought he was talking about captain dindu

How the fuck those nobodies took down MOTHERFUCKING THANOS by themselves? I mean, Rhodes and Carol know who that guy is, they are not some young avengers or something that never had to deal with such a powerful cosmic entity.

They really want me to believe Warmachine and Ms. Marvel were just hanging around when they found out freaking Thanos himself was coming to earth. And their first reaction was to go fight him directly. Just like that, out of the blue: "oh shit, Thanos is here! Let's go Carol!"

They didn't even bother to make a call to Dr. Strange, or Thor, or Hulk (is Hulk even still around?). I don't know… any of the heavy hitters who could at least stand a chance?

AND YET THEY STILL MANAGED TO DEFEAT HIM! AND THEY PUT HIM ON A FUCKING JAIL CELL!!! MOTHERFUCKING THANOS IN A JAIL CELL!!!

God fucking damn, I'm mad….

Only reason I could think of that he's even in the cell is because he wanted to be there.

No user. We have been through this already through earlier replies.
The precog gave future info and Carol got her Ultimates to ambush Thanos once he appeared. Meaning she knew what to expect and sent the right heroes for this job.
And no, Carols fuck up is not what caused the civil war. The idea of using plot device the precog is what caused this civil war.

The points that the first Civil war Brought were retarded for two reasons.
A) They didn't make sense
and
B) They were already brought before several times, with the Mutant Register act and in Fantastic Four comics,
Both times the arguments against it were even if we register most superheroes, the only ones getting fucked are superheroes, the super villians are not going to register they are against the law and they will find ways to get around that law.
If I remember correctly Civil War 1 Started because a Super Villian exploded in a crowded area killing a team of 6 superheroes a studio and a lot of people.
The superhero act that Tony wanted to pass was for accountability of superhero actions, In other words it would have done Jack Shit to stop that guy for exploding there and it was even more retarded when they went to stop Luke Cage for not wanting to register.

For some reason that I can't understand last time Marvel comics sided with Tony as the good guy, the reasonable or at least the one that made more sense to them as they mostly hate Captain America, They think he is Outdated and his values are useless to modern day america.
Eitherway Civil War 2 seems to be going on Miss Marvel being totally right while Tony is going to Enact another superhero act and stop retards for getting killed while fighting cosmic entities.

I know that, and it is the worst action she could have taken in this situation. God fucking damn… that's what happens when you put women in charge!

FUCKING WHO? DAZZLER?

Oh, so this time is not even trying to be relatable to the human world?
Man I hope is not like "Lynch all precogs, we have to fight destiny" and gay shit like that.

I also agree that civil war 1 wasn't perfect or new. The only reason I went with it was because a elementary school was nuked and a scene like that easily feed into fear. Especially when there were kids inside. HRA could easily be put into, "enough is enough" attitude because of said incident.

Civil War 2. A precog gives legit info and he's somehow responsible for 2 heroes death not the dumb bitch who planned fucking poorly? These are heroes not civilians. So why the fuck should the recog take blame? He didn't send bad info it was fucking legit. But that guy has to be put away? What?

Oh no user. I didn't mean that she chose the right people. I meant that Carol, the leader, thought what she did at the time was more than enough. But that isn't important to this civil war. What is important is that you shouldn't use an inhuman precog at all. Cause that is more important than Carols severe leadership fuck up.

When will they stop trying to push "Captain Marvel" on people? I thought they were going to put her in movies or something, but I was wrong. Also the last Marvel Comic I bought was Captain Marvel #1 where the editor actually said the old Ms. Marvel costume was misogynist because he didn't want his daughter wearing it (you can't make this shit up).

Only a matter of time until Thanos becomes the hero and wins the war by egalitarianism and Marxism.

Thank the movies for that. Well, actually I guess Bendis wrote like that well before the movies. Thank the movies taking influence from Bendis and in turn influencing Bendis to Bendis harder for that.

You know what, Tony is right here. It was all her fault!

He shouldn't be going after the precog, he should be punching the shit out of Carol.

I mean I get that it's super useful for shit like Celestials and Thanos, but Carol never answers his fucking question about what happens when the precog predicts that Carol is going to harm people. Are they gonna preemptively fuck up Carol too?

Also I feel the need to point out that Tony "committing an act of war against the Inhumans" is pretty reasonable for his character. The Inhumans were accomplices in Carol's fuckup, they gave her the tools, they gave her support and they too decided they didn't need backup.
All in all, Medusa is no fucking Black Bolt. Black Bolt wouldn't be so fucking stupid.

Somehow a costume that consists of:
-a leotard (no cleavage window)
-a small cape/scarf going around the waist
-leggings.
-arm sleeves.
-and a small mask for the face.

This outfit somehow causes the disliking, despising and prejudice of women. (misogyny definition).

I could understand someone not wanting their daughter to wear a skimpy costume, but for crying out loud, the old Mrs Marvel costume shows less skin than a gymnast!

That editor is a bloody retard.

I wish Tony Stark didn't have to look so much like Robert Downey JR, I don't like the guy in general and seeing him in cartoon format is even more annoying to my eyes, I just want to see him get decked and not care who does it.

it's literally Tony acting completely out of character just so he can look like the bad guy here

this

Which editor was this so I can kill him?

I thought they still have Captain Marvel movie planned?

Well Inhumans has already been cancelled/pushed back so the Captain Marvel might not happen as well.

Pretty sure Inhumans was pushed back due to possibly having the FF back soon, or just general changes in plans. But Captain Marvel fits perfectly between the Infinity War movies, and Carol most likely gets introduced in Infinity War part 1.

Remember this key thing: it doesn't matter how retarded Carol is in the comics. The movie writers are BETTER WRITERS THAN THE COMICS HAVE HAD IN AGES. They want to focus on what makes the character likable and interesting. At most any of these movies will be pushed back a bit, but Marvel knows just cancelling an announced movie would be seen as a chink in their armor. As much as they'd survive an end to their streak, they sure has hell don't want public trust in them to dip for no reason.

Ultimate Spider-man was shit.

They need well established characters precisely because they can't sell side characters that don't appeal to people. They want to sell what these characters are which is why they use up the iconic status of established characters to do so.

You are a special kind of retarded.

marvel can't use mutants in their movies so no, she's not a mutant any more as much as they can pretend

Yes. And Danvers is an incompetent leader. But this whole event isn't even worth a civil war. There are no two opposing sides worth even discussing. Just a guy who lost a close friend and a leader who had no idea what she was doing. This is personal to a hand few only. Inhumans are involved in this just for the sole reason of having a full roster hate a single hero.

I think with Bendis' early stuff, Ultimate Spider-Man, Daredevil, he had a lot of editorial guidance because he'd never written a mainstream comic before. There was this great need for Ultimate in particular to be a success so he had people like Bill Jemas and Joe Quesada sort of giving him guidelines on what to write.

Of course, once those books became a success editorial stopped telling him what to do and just let him do whatever he wanted and that's the absolute worst thing for a basically unproven writer.

It's possible but they may have also cancelled it because the response to them appearing in whatever Marvel TV show it is was rather lukewarm.

Does that mean Namor's costume is sexist because a small boy wearing a speedo is pedobait?
Does this stupid fuck really not understand that grown women and young girls have different tastes? Anytime I go to a con, I always see girls in the most exposed shit they think they can pull off, because now they have the opportunity to show skin without worrying about coming off as easy.

Also! Almost all superheroes wear skintight bodysuits. Is he really comfortable with his daughter wearing a leather bodysuit? Showing thighs is wrong, but bodyhugging tights are a-okay? Fuck's wrong with this dummy.

Marvel NOWx2 newer all different all new 2.0 predictions?

Fuck having borders and law and shit, am I right?

Yes, they did it like fuckwits because the writers of civil war were awful and chose to make Iron Man a total fuckwit for absolutely no reason with complete disregard to the character. That doesn't mean that fundamentally he doesn't have a point.

The definition of Agents of Shield is "lukewarm". I watch it mostly as a chore, hoping it'll be good one day. It's slowly gotten up to "not terrible", but that was a long damn ride. Even though Inhumans really are just used as mutants most of the time, it made THINGS happen, which is more than the show had in the start.

AoS doesn't MATTER. If it ever gets used as a testing bed for what to use in the much superior movies, that would be a huge miscalculation. But I really do think they just needed to move a few movies around, and phase 4 might involve some sort of deal with Fox, be it FF returning, part of FF related stuff returning (Dr. Doom, Galactus, Silver Surfer), or an Avengers/X-men cross over movie.

And the writer who made a big point to say what Scarlet Witch does IS NOT AT ALL MAGIC? Bendis, in Avengers Disassembled. This is part of why canon is so important, if you can't even keep canon under the same writer, how are people supposed to get invested and discuss the characters.

I don't know, maybe something later will surprise us, but this looks like a terrible idea for an event so far. If the future vision kids is actually the one CREATING these dangerous futures, or somehow manipulating everything, it would be better, but it still wouldn't explain WHY Tony would go after him. And if he's being manipulated, what's the tension between heroes? And She-Hulk's last words only have two possible explanations: manipulation or shit writing.

Disney would never make a deal with Fox, not like you're thinking anyway. Fox have basically killed all profitability of Fantastic Four for themselves and so their only real choice is to either sell the F4 rights back or just wait for them to lapse because there's no way they're making another movie.

It would make sense to pair Inhumans with Fantastic Four, seeing as that's where they originated.

The writter is a woman? Because the whole thing is just women fucking up in position of leadearship, and the comic acts like you should be pissed at the men for being angry that their incopetence costed lives!

It's like when your girlfriend fuck up something after you repeteadly told her not to do it, then she acts like it was your fault.

Soon the avengers will consist of regular people because "Everybody is a hero in their own way" those old PSAs will be real things. There will be an Avengers team or a "We are Captain America" movement in which normal citizens are the core members of the Avengers.

All other heroes are either 'funny' loser females, Gwen-Versions or Classic heroes 'modernized' and protected for traditions sake "Sam Wilson has been Cap for like…15 years guys! Get over it!"

All stories will be slice of life or an excuse to kill ebil nazi gators who insult people on twitter.

All arcs will revolve around the latest [TRIGGERING] or rehashes of prior original ideas.

Every character will pass into new-world.

Every story will be regurgitated into a post-modern take.

Every thing you loved, looked up to and resonated with will be made to hate you, discourage you and tarnish your reputations until simply thinking is a crime against all mighty 'progression'.

They'll turn the heroes that got you through the hard times against you. They'll make the villains you had to turn to into pussified characters who aren't even allowed to voice their opinion or have some shred of what they once were.

That one hero that got you through your depression? Well he's actually a rapist. That one event that helped you cope with the real world taking you away from it for now? It's now about twitter. That one hero you always strived to be? Well their adventures consist of dating, complaining and all around being a lovable loser (read Millennial)

They hate you and they will make everything you love hate you.

It may seem bad now but it's going to get much, much worse.

Here's a girl dancing with pizza.

I didn't read any of that, but I'd hit it.

There already were laws on the books that would deal with super villain actions. The registration is not a law that would do so.

He doesn't have a point. At all. If an otherwise peaceful super being doesn't want to register you have made them a villain by their refusal. You have created an enemy where there was one and have not managed to accomplish the goal of knowing about them before they do anything to you.

As for known super heroes trying to do good you have made them an enemy if they don't want to be known or a pawn of the government, which is actually run by criminals in real life. In comics the governments are routinely subverted by super beings.

The fact of the matter is that the registration is nothing but propaganda for the READERS which is why it being retarded doesn't matter in the first place. Readers like you who are like "i'm such a good upstanding citizen, I'm okay with laws and shit" support something so retarded because you think the government has the right or obligation to do such a thing. It does not and never has had such a right without the people ceding it first. In this case super beings don't have to cede that right and can fight back pretty heavy. Us normal people in the real world only have guns or other conventional weapons to fight back with, and in the real world we are prepared to do so. How much more when you have someone who can destroy a city or military base with their mind?

The registration was stupid all across the board. That you think it was good and equivalent to a driver's license shows how stupid and out of touch you are.

I try not to talk about Civil War 1, because I agree that it was retarded. The registration act wasn't only vague, the little that was known about it was absurd. I think the guy you're talking to thinks of it like registering a gun (which people still bitch about having to do in our world). You go in, you fill in some papers, no big deal. Anyone who complaints about registering their guns is a huge damn baby.

But the HRA is closer to a draft. It would be like if buying a gun in the future drafted you into the army, and owning a gun of any sort means you're also drafted under penalty of being locked away in another dimension. Getting a gun as gift would draft you, but somehow people born with guns (mutants) didn't get registered for something… I forget, it was retarded. I never felt satisfied how the HRA wasn't ALSO a mutant registration act at the same time, because by everything logical it would be.

But then again Civil War 1 was a lot of Millar, a guy who can pitch you an idea that SOUNDS like a good story, but completely fucks himself by the time it's over. And like anything Millar does, people talk about the movies loosely based on his shit, because those have REAL WRITERS on board to make sure his clusterfuck suddenly makes some sense.

Why do they do these things? What merit is lent to arbitrarily poaching main characters from completely unrelated works and turning them into background fodder?

Lighthearted cameo, I would assume. It doesn't always work, but it's just for fun. Anime and manga do it with western comic characters, as fans of both work in both industries. Don't take it too seriously.

nah, new fat version drawn thin

got a sauce so I can add to my blacklist?

fuck off

what will happen:

what I hope will happen:

That was capeshit too, "deconstruction" or no. The whole plot amounted to nothing, much like actual capeshit.

Here he is

i want someone to screencap what i have to say and hail me as Nostradamus-user should i be correct in this, but i think i know what happened with

she hulk was the only one to see through this (i don't know why, but then again i don't know how hulk can see the ghost of bruce's dad either) and see that this little shit precog set them up

he knew that thanos would kick their asses like they're a bunch of rodney kings and he's got a baton bigger than the buster sword, it would cause this divide between the avengers, and it somehow benefits either the inhumans as a whole or just him (and maybe someone else who's planning it for him)

No, his true masters are obviously The Buckeyes

I'd read it

Okay user. Sit down a sec and just breath a little and have yourself a drink. You are ruining your brain trying to make sense of this mess of a story. Don't do it or else you'll fall into insanity.
user. There are only a handful of ways this could be a set up. All this falls under lying on who would appear on Earth or vague future guess. When Tony confronts Carol to talk about what happened. Carol is neither shocked or surprised that Thanos appeared. She used who ever she believed she needed and set an ambush, user…
To make this tale short. Carol knew it was Thanos and thought her C-list crew was enough. Why any of this has to do with the precog giving 100% accurate info in time and be punished for it is what a few of us are wrapping our head over.

He knew Carol would be the most incopetent leader possible and bring the bunch of nobodies that were just hanging around to fight Thanos in a direct battle without warning anyone about it?

The only person responsable for things going wrong is Carol herself.

Personally. In a dark humor kind of way. This whole mess is just hilarious.
Meh. Only worth a couple of pages
pfft. He's just a galaxy wide threat, no biggy
Ah. It's just an after thought
Well fuck, the whole marvel hero-verse has got to divide over this. Cause precogs aren't a dime a dozen.

Isn't that what happened when Thanos got sent to the Kiln? He just sorta turned himself in.

BUT WHAT IF YOU USE THE PRECOG TO FUTURALLY PROFILE PEOPLE

For the sake of it, can we humor whatever they're trying to divide the Marvel community over for a paragraph or two? At least Civil War had two stances that people still argue over about today. Obviously using a precog to predict crime is not only a good idea, but something that should be done immediately.

It's not like Ulysses the guy that civil war is centered around is named ulysses isnt that smart powers are going to be used to stop normal bank robberies before they happen, it's almost always going to be used whenever some world ending event is going to happen. And yes, I would like the world's protectors to be notified in advance if the world is ending.

Tony's freaking out like there's going to be some sort of futureprofile-based dictatorship that's going to happen. Tony's argument is absolutely dumb and unfounded. But being that this is Marvel, Tony's side is going to be justified when the precog profiles a young minority and everyone cries how bad it is to put him in jail without actually setting his neighbors on fire first.

user. I can understand this. I really can. Using a precog is a great idea. Hell, there are mutants that existed pre ANAD that can time travel and just change shit. Hell, they even were successful.
Thing is. At the end of the day, it's not that special of an ability. Cause it's not unique. At least in Civil War, things went to shit because an elementary school with kids in it got turned into modern art. So civilians wanting blood and quick is understandable.
This incident here. There is no motivation for other heroes to be involved other than being like WW1 where invisible strings get pulled. But we know that something that interesting isn't gonna happen. Carol's fuck up was forgotten on the same fucking issue…
Think about that for a sec. A leader cost 2 well loved and respected heroes lives by being unprepared for a fight she knew was coming, but that is not the focus of this event.

This, Doctor Strange could probably even do it better.

user. Could you imagine how much more interesting Civil War 2 would be if the focus was of Carol Danvers close friends (with favors being pulled in) are doing their best to hide Carol from Iron-man (with help of some heroes and favors called in) wanting justice for her fuck up. So you have hero vs hero because favors were called in.
God damn it. Now I'm imagining an event that will never be that is better and it was by accident too. Just making myself depressed now.

So far the event seems to be what would happen if you had a team brainstorm a ton of interesting ideas… and then you purposefully chose the most boring one and turned that into the comic. So, you're not alone.

Oh, man. That'd actually be sorta cool. Tony goes nuts over Rhodey's death and tries to get Carol incarcerated. She did know it was Thanos, and she threw two underranked heroes to fight him–it's basically reckless endangerment. Tony tries to get her arrested and everyone's split on whether Carol should be jailed or not, especially when the precog has a vision of Carol doing something really important. That sounds much better.

I think that's the route they're going. Carol still didn't answer Tony's question about what happens when Ulysses says she's a danger, and chose to be a smartass. Also note that the Inhumans without Black Bolt are clearly as incomptenet as Carol but they all seem to have autism now so that's real dangerous letting them predict the future and tell everybody else what that is. It's probably going to turn out that the precog predicts Tony will turn evil, Tony and his buddies use that as proof that the precog is being used for selfish purposes, and then Tony suddenly gets inhabited by the spirit of shitty writing and turns evil inexplicably for no reason showing everybody the precog was right and Carol and the Inhumans are the REAL good guys.

She knew.

So… what happened to Black Bolt?

He super dead.

Hasn't that already happened just with what's been released?

I'm talking that Tony will be talking with Carol or something about how she shouldn't be doing the things she's doing, and she'll say "Fuck you Tony I can do whatever I want" so Tony will suddenly decide "Then how about I kill everybody in the world then so ha".

Just a totally non-sequitur character change for the purpose of moving a scene forward

Actually he's right here in the hero assembly splash page:

But he's also being cucked right here:

So, Carol knew Thanos was around, and called Medusa because of the Inhumans faction, but because of the super-divorce she didn't want to call Black Bolt I guess.

Nah user. It'll be true to how bad/good the feminist writers are at their own stupidity.

I'm glad I never got attached to comics except Punisher, but I'm going to pretend anything past War's End never happened.

Why would anybody get mad at this? This is perfectly accurate.

Stephen Wacker (yes, that's his actual name). It wasn't on Twitter. It was in an actual editorial printed in the comic. He is so stupid that he thought saying he didn't want his preteen daughter wearing a costume was a feminist reason to dump her old outfit. He also repeated a variant of "it's current year" a bunch of times to explain why the old costume had to be abandoned and Carol had to cover up like the Amish. That was when I knew the cancer had infected Marvel pretty well, and I abandoned them immediately.

EVERYONE IS A MILLENNIAL LOSER
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Hmmm, I now have cancer. What an amazing coincidence!

how could it NOT make sense?

It's ""art"" imitating life since the Brits handed their countries to muslims

Where you think I got it from user? I wasn't doing a parody. But here is something for every user to think about.

If the event started pretty hype with an intro by a Celestial in the beginning and went to shit in a spiral fashion down the shitter during the process of the first fucking volume…
What wonders can we expect during this journey? Remember we barely even left the starting line.

This always weirds me out when I see this. Who even wrote it? Was it a British writer? Because, while that's pathetic, if it was an American writer, I can only see people being insulted as Hell. I mean, I got the feeling she was a recently introduced character, and any other appropriate options were passed over for her, to make a VERY blatant political message that looks worse and worse every day.

I love me sum bat lantern

It would be awesome if somehow this shitshow lead to a super hero tier system like OPM where you don't go punching out of your weight class and villains are ranked and tiered. where shield acts as a super hero dispatch.

But I know thats not what is going to happen.

It would be amazing if Marvel suddenly had tiers/power levels. That would be fought against by the writers though, because having levels like that defined would be CANON, and we know how much Marvel has fucked up canon for a long time now.

That would take acknowledging this whole thing happened because Carol's a fucking retard and it having nothing to do with the precog who simply said "hey Thanos is over there planning some bad shit".

I have to say, I grew up too late to know what Carol was like back in the day, and stopped reading before she really came back. Does she have a lot of interesting shit that has just been handled poorly as hell by writers like Bendis? Or was she in fact better when she was just a problem that Rogue had to deal with?

Oh, and just for those not familiar with that last page, Carol had been controlled by Shadow King at that point, so she wouldn't normally murder Rogue just to survive. I get that she's a good person and all, I just don't know what motivated them to bring her back as Captain Marvel, especially since I assume Monica could have taken up the role instead (though I'm again not sure what was going on in canon when Carol took up the title).

I'm just wondering when and why the push to make such a relatively obscure character such a big deal came from. At least, she was obscure the entire time I was a kid, and her biggest claim to fame was being part of Rogue and that time she got raped by her own baby.

Calling it now, She-Hulk is going to wind up Xe-Hulk by the end of next year.

Damn it… why do you gotta be so real, dawg.

they're already drawing her to look like a tranny, so I'm not going to be surprised if they do some hamfisted shit like she was trans or something.

It's funny, there was already a transgender hero who could melt metal a while back, but no, these people want to claim existing properties.

Jesus user you need to help yourself

I wish someone at marvel would actually shill here and read some of the ideas

You do realize that instead make sense right?

look it at this

I think CW had good points on reflecting the retardation of real life

But real gun laws are minor inconveniences, no matter what doomsday scenario the NRA makes up. The HRA was as if:

So, yeah, don't pretend it's so fucking "true to life". It was a retarded story to sell books. Civil War II just happens to be an EVEN MORE RETARDED story to sell books.

I can buy this in real life, but this line doesn't follow in the Marvel Universe.
You could find out where the unregistered supers are. Cerebro is a thing that exists, and if Professor X can know where every mutant on the planet is because of a gene because of mind powers, I simply can't buy that a super could slip under the radar.

Yeah, "no gun zones" are minor inconveniences.

Well, then user is time you go to jail beacuse in 07/28/16 you will stole a beer in a pub, and therefor you don't need a trial because we know you will be guilty
preventive punishment is never the way

And what if somebody pisses the precog off?
Tony is in the right. Take him with a grain of salt and make good judgements.

That assuming mcguffin cerebro will work with humans with power and not only the one with the xgene and obviously if the comic representation of Jew would allow them to use it

That's why he said "he saw A future" and you can see it in minority report, where the Gemini to bail out accuse the leader of the cops of a crime
Because if we consider the butterfly effect, having so many Heroes in one place could have led to the celestial not showing up and therefor no having the right info

precog is never the way. Is a dumb idea and the concept of seeing a future is tinfoil as toilet paper. The only movie that's it it right is MIIIB and was a vision of all future until it happens

Yeah, great point… except that isn't what the event is even about so far. The kid has only so far acted as an early warning system of:
-An interdimensional threat
-A known cosmic threat
I assume later he'll be like "Carol/Tony will get everyone killed" but so far he's no more morally questionable than a storm warning from the weather channel.

I mean superpowers seem to be just the fucking easiest thing to obtain now so surely you could plot-device up a machine to do it.
I mean fuck, Amadeus Cho can apparently cure the fucking Hulk and steal his Hulkness, anything's possible now. Marvel stopped giving a fuck about coherence.

I'll again point to the fact that Carol didn't answer Tony when he asked what she'd do if Ulysses said she was a threat. she just did a smartass little "depends" which means she'd use Ulysses for things like that, but that she's not going to divulge her reasoning. Tony is once again being framed by the writers as some super-evil asshole, but the thing he's concerned about (that being using the precog for smaller and smaller issues, and the misuse of his visions) is a very real threat that people should be worried about, and for some reason only Tony is.

The interdimensional threat was lucky. We can't say that would have happen for sure yes it did, but bear with me for the point

And Thanos could have never gone back to earth, maybe he and other Thanos thing to do before. So fighting for stopping the future actually have led it happen

Good point

You just accurately described my worst nightmare.

Hey, that's my webm!

Not yours. It belongs to all, man.