Dune Thread

Do you think Jodorowsky's Dune would have been filmable at all with Orson Welles?

MUUAAAAH THE SPICE

THERE IS AN ARAKIS SPICE BY SHAI HULUD

Why all the Duneposting all of a sudden?

Freech needed something new to spam. They ran out of catchy memes.

I think it's mostly due to Star Wars being relevant again, but we also meme'd new Dune stuff into production.

Jodorowsky wanted Paul to die at the end. He was off the reservation.

Star Wars was a more faithful adaption of Dune than his plan.

Is this official concept art? With the giant black cock and everything?

It's HR Giger. Of course it's real.

The Metabarons was great and proved his mettle, he would have made a spectacular Dune adaption that worked great as a film but wouldn't have been very faithful to the source material. Contrast that with Lynch's very faithful adaption that did just what the book did but didn't have time to do the second half justice and ended up as a trainwreck with book readers not being very happy and general audiences just being confused.

It wouldn't have been at all a faithful adaptation, but it would have been a crazy ride, and probably far more interesting than any other adaptation we ended up getting.

Not just dune, star wars and cuck trek too. Winter is a time of spiritual reflection and psy-fi is the religious balm bluepilled "thinkers" use to assuage their cognitively dissonant existentialist angst.

I know it's Giger, retard. But was it actually made for pre-production of Dune?

It's a painting of a sandworm by Giger. I assume it was painted for that purpose.

Okay, so you don't know. Thanks for clearing that up. It's also a painting of a sandworm giving a blow job to a giant cock. Don't know if you missed that.

Well, he could have just made it in his spare time.

But it's like with those faggots who wanted to make the 1950s XCOM FPS: it isn't XCOM any more.

If you have Paul Atreides become a hive mind who was born from a blood cell from Duke Leto, it becomes this weird shit which is just some asshole trying to use the Dune brand to push his own scifi universe.

That's kind of what you do in any movie adaptation.

When the choice is between the Lynch movie, the Sci-fi Channel series, or the ramblings of an insane spaniard with a budget, I know what sounds like a more entertaining watch to me.

So they Lynch movie then?

How is the sci-fi channel series?

It's like the book, being acted out by largely mediocre actors, with cheap looking sets and some crappy CGI effects. It's the most accurate adaptation, but at that point you may as well just read the book again instead.

Worth it for the Baron and decent accurate portrayal, actors and sets let it down.

Watch it after the lynch version. Good companion piece.