Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jVeagFmmwA0
iter.org/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_marine_propulsion
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tokamak
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urban_heat_island
pastebin.com/raw/UWffBQbn:
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why not hydrogen cars? I think toyota has a concept car that runs on hydrogen.

Because hydrogen cars are driving high pressure bombs.

That also constantly leak fuel since hydrogen is such a small and slippery molecule that it passes through even the smallest of holes.

Good tanks, not chinese made tanks don't violently explode.
Worst case, the hydrogen ignites after the tank is pierced and burns.
Gasoline is far more dangerous.
youtube.com/watch?v=jVeagFmmwA0

Hydrogen embrittlement is still a huge issue, so batteries and super capacitors will probably win out.

Hydrogen embrittlement is really only a problem when welding. If hydrogen gets trapped in the weld it fucks shit up.

There are mild steel Nazi hydrogen tanks still in use. They still pass their regular pressure tests with flying colors. If hydrogen embrittlement worked the way people like you naively think it does, those tanks should have crumbled into dust half a century ago.

hell yeah fusion
iter.org/

One day, we'll have gaydonuts in our cars.

I really hope this becomes possible one day.

Hell yeah, friend. We'll have this shit because it's efficient right? RIGHT?!

You're welcome to present any argument against this at any time.

Not who you're replying to, but no fusion reactor is even efficient enough to run itself, much less create usable energy. That's extremely inefficient.

Nuclear scientists have been saying, "Fusion is about ten years away," for the last sixty years. I have a feeling that by the time we figure out how to make fusion reach breakeven, it'll be obsolete anyway.

Why do you think this shit is pursued like crazy for the last 50 years?

Fusion would mean we could generate massive amounts of power from the most commonly available materials available.

A lot of eastern countries use natural gas in their cars. All you need is a conversion kit, and you can swap between petrol and CNG as needed. I've always wondered why that didn't catch on in the west.

Increase the capacity of the distribution network and create a mandatory communication protocol for chargers so the distribution network can decrease the load if it's necessary. With the ability for users to set their chargers to high priority if they are willing to pay a higher price to get power ASAP.

They use LPG (propane/butane) not CNG. CNG has low power density, is only useful for trucks and buses.

Hah, that idea looks like total shit. From what I can tell, they have a bunch of small batteries that touch each other with conducting sides, something is able to determine which side to connect to the batteries' terminals to provide power.

So they have a bunch of small loose cells that all have to be connected through some path, meanwhile the whole tank is rattling, causing the possible paths to be constantly changing (at best, a very inconsistent power source)

Assuming they are somehow able to maintain constant power from this pos, there'd be a ton of power loss as heat due to the switching components in the cells.

No shit, electric cars are a meme.

Fossil fuel is infinitely better. Nuclear power even more so.

God you are fucking retard. Do you have any idea of the insane amount of safety precautions that are required for nuclear submarines?

Yup, everyone who has called the nuclear powered car impractical is just conspiring against you.

followup just in case:

You're comparing two totally different technologies and two different forms of nuclear energy. Nuclear submarines rely on older reactors for marine propulsion.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_marine_propulsion

Fusion reactors, like the one at Iter, are still in a proof of concept phase and uses a magnetic fields to contain plasma in a donut. It doesn't melt down like fission reactors do.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tokamak

Shit man at first I thought the idea of electric cars causing brownouts was nuts

then I started thinking, about a scenario where you're in California, the state with a drought and more cars and/or cars per person than any other state, with more people than any other state, with government smog regulations pushing for more electric cars. And suddenly there's a summer heat wave, everyone has their AC running, charging their cars...

man we're fucked

Having electric cars everywhere might actually lower the ambient temperature. Think of all those 5MW, 20% efficient ICEs that'd be taken off the road.

Modern fission reactors don't melt down.

nuclear cars, because nothing could possibly go wrong

tanks being a generally a smooth and unbroken surface..how does this help an engine and its many parts with gaps, valves etc?

Lockheed is working on a ractor. Lockheed has to answer to stock holders.

HEH

ICEs can't really increase ambient temps by that much, the reason heavy metro areas are so unnaturally warm is do to the heat island effect
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urban_heat_island

basically we need to be smarter about urban planning and infrastructure if we want to reduce urban ambient temps

mostly jews

even if I ignore all the fancy hybrid systems, the internal combustion engine has a bright future.

Why not Synthofuel?
Oh right, because energy is fucking expensive.
Thanks ENERGIEWENDE.
Fuck Greens. we need Nuclear.

The fact that Lockheed has to answer to stockholders is the best reason why it's a load of bullshit. They put out a fancy press release long on hope but short on details to goose share price for a few days or weeks, probably to hide some miserable failure on the .gov contracts that they're heavily dependent on.

you underestimate the power of rust

What makes you think the tank is metal? The best hydrogen tanks are carbon fiber composite, and take take a point blank shot from a .357 magnum without rupturing. Even with a mild steel tank, it wouldn't be hard to keep it out of the salt and road grime. The tank does not have to be on the outside of the vehicle..

The following is a random keyword the nsa monitors via pastebin.com/raw/UWffBQbn: HK-MP5

correct