Star Trek Axanar being sued

Looks like their claims of "fair use" is not valid and now Paramount is seeking to crash the project with no survivors.

archive.is/V8hCY

Other urls found in this thread:

trekmovie.com/2017/01/04/judge-denies-axanar-its-fair-use-defense/
variety.com/2016/tv/news/star-trek-discovery-gay-character-cbs-all-access-1201835052/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Theres been plenty of fan films and series so why are they shitting their britches over this one?

Perhaps they don't have a lot of confidence in the new star trek series and think this will make it look even shittier.

Don't know how good this fan star trek looks

Because it's the only one that doesn't look like a bunch of cosplayers larping in a garage.
Technology has changed, Axanar looks like a professional production and that pissed-off CBS/Paramount.
I heard that CBS and Paramount are trying to make new rules that would forbid any people who worked on Star Trek shows (as an actor or in the production crew) to participate in a fanfilm.

The creators were taking donations or something. I knew there was going to be trouble the second I heard money was changing hands over this project.

(me)
I forgot to add the thing that I find the most interesting about this issue, it's the way the fandom reacted. It seems that a lot of trekkies are against Axanar.

and nothing of value was lost.

Only Jews could make this world seem right.

And how will they enforce them, huh? What will they do, lobby to death? Once a guy stops working for a company, his obligations stop, silly!
I know this is not the case and they will end up having their way, God bless America, fucking kill me now

CBS does not like that the producers of Axanar are using the money to produce the film and get a free studio out of the deal. In reality CBS is afraid that Axanar will make their stupid SJW Trek look like the gaysploitation garbage that it is.
I think we should try to meme "gaysploitation" as a way of fucking with SJWs.

Trekkies are the best of leftist goyim, they've been practically raised on a show that deifies Marxism, so no surprise they'll react like obedient drones.

Yeah, I used to go to trekmovie (it was a cool blog, even Bob Orci used to come in the comment section) but it's been co-opted by these people, they write shitty op-eds about non-issues etc. and the commenters are always on their side.

You weren't kidding
trekmovie.com/2017/01/04/judge-denies-axanar-its-fair-use-defense/
The commentors are such cucks.

So in their Jewified future would people be allowed to make Star Trek fanfilms or not?

Still, the reach of those is really overstretched. They should be there only until the guy stops working for the company. Don't like it? Fear your "trade secrets" to go out in the open? Well, fuck you, that's it.
It's kinda Holla Forums (only kinda, it's not that far out) but that's what you get when you pull the rope so much, in the end we can't have nice things because of the fucking kikes and kike-like people overstepping their boundaries.

raising $100k on kickstarter and making a professionally polished movie with star trek universe characters, sets, etc is not really a fan film, it's theft of intellectual property

I'm down. I'm going to start slipping that into conversation.

Only if they look like shit and only cast minorities so as not to conflict with STD.

oh yeah, tbh it pisses me off because it used to be a great place to talk about Trek, main timeline and JJ's.

Probably cause it has actual actors from Star Trek and the writers making it?

Great for a fan film but still pretty cringe.

I'm glad they're getting sued. This type of thing doesn't roll in 2015+2.

Star Trek has the shittiest ship designs out of any sci-fi setting.

This. Those restrictive guidelines paramount released about fan films flat out said no actual trek actors allowed. Can let the fan films have any sense of validity after all.

I'm sure as fuck a lot more interested in this project than I was "Ahhh can't stand it, ah know ya planned it" Meathead Wars.

This. Starfleet always had shitty ship designs. Sure, it was like that because of technical reasons in the 70s (models etc.) but nowdays even with the CGI it's always the same thing: a saucer, 2 or more nacelles and shitty interiors.

Done. Sovereign gets rid of the useless neck and makes everything more streamlined.

I can see why they're getting sued.

I do like the Sovereign but the Excelsior will always be mai shipfu.

variety.com/2016/tv/news/star-trek-discovery-gay-character-cbs-all-access-1201835052/

Discovery is totally "Official Axanar".

Fired. He wasn't SJW enough. The new "history" will be all about blacks and trannies.

How can a fan video on Youtube have better graphics than Paramount's own STD trailer?

The difference between a passion project, and some pozed propaganda shit where no one involved really cares about quality.

is that supposed to be a Klingon doing the voiceover? because that's the wimpiest Klingon ever if so.

Because they took funding via kickstarter and supposedly pay a crew, so it's awfully close to being a for profit project.

But they're not selling anything, they're not actually making a profit.

they were selling Axanar-branded coffee, at least for a while.

Here's a vid by Midnights Edge that might explain the whole kerfluffle.

If that's what you wanted, why not the voyager ship?

Got any other fan film recommendations?

and into the trash it goes

That looks great but what the fuck is with that horrid audio? They can afford decent cgi but not a decent mic?

Because it makes Paramounts executives look like retards when regular people can do Star Trek better than they can. They don't want to create some sort of underground fan market

Too small. And the nacelles move down for no reason when it's not at warp. What was the point of that?

What's a underground fan market? Sounds perverted and kinky.

Given that pedos are overrepresented among Trekkies that probably involves CP and trading pre-pubescent rape slaves.

Things look cooler when they move.

Berman or Braga wanted something that moved on the ship because they thought it would appeal to the anime crowd.

Thanks for nothing JJ

This sounds so retarded I think it might be true.

Paramount even takes down youtubers who make parody recuts. They are ruthless.