Password length > password complexity

Benjamin Thompson
Benjamin Thompson

2^105 > 94^16
A password with only 2 characters but 105 characters long is harder to guess than a password using all characters on the keyboard but only 16 characters long, this is also assuming the hacker somehow knows your password uses only two characters.
Discuss.

Grayson Sanchez
Grayson Sanchez

using all characters on the keyboard but only 16 characters long
er?

Gavin James
Gavin James

As in you can choose any letter from the keyboard.

Camden Robinson
Camden Robinson

I agree, which is why I have a long password.

Landon Rogers
Landon Rogers

tfw a website only allows up to 100 characters and you can't have a 2048 character long uncrackable behemoth.

Eli Hall
Eli Hall

Lol, my university doesn't allow passwords longer than 30 characters. 30 fucking characters.

Isaiah Barnes
Isaiah Barnes

storing your passwords

Kevin Long
Kevin Long

nobody is going to steal my computer so that they can take the 2048 character password to my trump fan account on twitter.

Aaron Johnson
Aaron Johnson

Hotmail only allows a maximum of 16 characters.

Samuel Turner
Samuel Turner

You know they dont have to physically take it to get it right?

Camden Adams
Camden Adams

so 16 different chs or any combination of chs?
thing is, if you use a pword, you need to be able to remember it or be willing to store it somewhere to copy. a 105 ch pword with only two chs would require a key to the distribution.

Sebastian Scott
Sebastian Scott

Fug.

Kevin Anderson
Kevin Anderson

having an account
logging in to websites

git gud fgt

Samuel Foster
Samuel Foster

not using email, ebay or a bank.
Are you in africa?

David Cox
David Cox

email
Only filthy normalfags use emails

ebay
Ebay is for trendy faggots

bank
If I have to deal with my bank, I go to the fucking bank.

Noah Fisher
Noah Fisher

He just hacks into other peoples accounts when ever he needs to use them.

Nolan Rogers
Nolan Rogers

I bet you buy vinyl records and your weed in the hood. Do you molest kids too?

Luis Young
Luis Young

Where did all the mathfags go?
I miss them.
There was a time when this thread would have been full of autists good with numbers.
Where did all the mathfags go?

Lincoln Foster
Lincoln Foster

All the math fags agree, password entropy is a thing.

Tyler Thompson
Tyler Thompson

shutup you brain dead kike, let me explain.

94^105 =
1.5080808596155461570761369538687e+207
94^16 = 37157429083410091685945089785856

now, while yes your ch's do out number a good and proper password, by a fuckton, but you also have to remember of where you are going to store this, if your going to put it into an encrypted file with a 20 character password on your computer, well then your security goes out the window because your computer is then hooked up to the internet, install a keylogger, then grab your password. On the other hand if youre that much of an autist to remember it, have fun the day you mix up the xth character because someone finally beat you with a bat.

the log(base2)(94^16) = 105, meaning that password will be 105 bits long, meaning itll fit into 14 bytes. which isnt bad if fully random alpha neumeric.

let say you were todo a random brute force a password with a password that is 94^16 possible combinations, at 1 trillion guesses per second, it would still take you
589127173443.20921622820094155658 years. not bad for only being a measly 16 character long alphaneumeric password

Ayden Price
Ayden Price

t say you were todo a random brute force a password with a password that is 94^16 possible combinations, at 1 trillion guesses per second, it would still take you 589127173443.20921622820094155658 years. not bad for only being a measly 16 character long alphaneumeric password
thanx. faith restored.

Adam Moore
Adam Moore

Uuyyyy

Jace Fisher
Jace Fisher

Open note book
smash face on keyboard
Copy paste it as your new password

jiku54-t0k p,,xr43

Angel Hughes
Angel Hughes

Pretty good.

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit