MPV keybindings chart

I made a thing=

I have the XCF if anybody really wants it or has complaints/changes

But really it should be scrapped and started over with a less shitty stock keyboard image

Other urls found in this thread:

launchpad.net/~mc3man/ archive/ubuntu/mpv-tests
launchpad.net/ubuntu/ source/youtube-dl
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I use linux mint and mpv does not work right on mine.

what OS are you using?
I might try tip defora.

your thing is ok-tier

Do you mean you have no OSD?
Do you have lua installed? If lua is installed, there is a commandline switch you might try using "--osc=yes".

what is lua?

user@anon ~ $ sudo apt-get install lua[sudo] password for user: Reading package lists... DoneBuilding dependency tree Reading state information... DonePackage lua is a virtual package provided by: lua5.1:i386 5.1.5-5ubuntu0.1 lua5.1 5.1.5-5ubuntu0.1 lua5.2:i386 5.2.3-1 lua50 5.0.3-7 lua5.2 5.2.3-1You should explicitly select one to install.E: Package 'lua' has no installation candidateanon@user ~ $

which one?

Get the MPV PPA; Ubuntu's distros are hopelessly outdated

launchpad.net/~mc3man/ archive/ubuntu/mpv-tests

On Mint 17.3, adding this PPA, the trusty-media one, and installing the level 4 mesa update and mesa-vdpau-drivers-lts-vivid (YES, vivid, you have to install the one immediately AFTER your distro since it's a transitional package or some crap like that) got hardware acceleration working on my AMD graphics

TIL. Anyway OSD is bloat. :^)

This looks pretty retarded.
Most decent keyboards have predefined buttons for half this shit.

The guy who made MPV has crippling autism; one of the things he focused heavily on was universal keyboard compatibility

It does support play/pause keys, and it leaves volume keys handled by the system

You should also grab the Yakkety Yak version of youtube-dl from here: launchpad.net/ubuntu/ source/youtube-dl
Otherwise, new MPV won't work when you're trying to watch YouTube videos.

Since when does mpv need a fucking chart? RTFM
OP was just shitposting, you're just retarded. I guess that means vi and Emacs are cucked too for needing more than Crtl+{C,V,S} isn't that right, faggot?

It needs a chart because

Well when you're ready to admit your pet video player is garbage will be the day I'm retarded.

Keeps the UI simple
No menus and 99% of what the everyday user needs is easily memorizable
Power User things are also pretty memorable
>< for previous file

Default interface is a clone of OSX media player's, so simple a retard could use it

???

It's a pain in the ass pulling up the manual for every little fucking thing, hence this chart

Yeah, that's why the first thing you faggots say when someone doesn't know what the fuck to do is read the manual for the umpteenth time.

>hOmoSexX isn't cancer ever forever
You need to go.

This is how you sound.

>all the normal things emphasis on what I perceive as normal are totally easy. You're just complaining over nothing!
Whatever you say, faggot.

I am using custom keybinds so this is useless/10

>still requires a keybindings chart for full every day use
>requires

OP made that chart on tuesday, i wonder how people use mpv before that? It must be some kind of magick.

Tnx. I mean it could look nicer, because it looks a bit confusing at first with the overlapping colours and text, but it's usefull nevertheless. Saved.

Wow, you shitlord, way to be non-inclusive. Cis-qwerty users aren't the only people out there. What about brave individuals like myself who use dvorak???
Please support my tiny minority of users or I'm reporting you to the diversity secret police, and get a code of conduct while you're at it.

Yeah, autistic fucks who don't mind thumbing through manuals all the time count in any discussion.

ITT: You're either autistic, retarded or a cuck. Pick your poison.

But, you posted. So does that make you retarded, a cuck, or both?

Why-not-both.png

Why not all three? you autistic cuck retard

>s-so great. I l-love it so much. don't beat me again mpv, I'm sorry for trying to do anything other than watch a video!

are you seriously that stupid that you think this is how mpv works? The box is invisible while you're not using it, just like in every other media player in the world.
the subtitle button is literally on screen in that screenshot.
cry some more
there's no menu, and all the options are documented.
okay, as someone who's spent the last month or so doing a lot of watching, subbing and encoding of anime, serious question: what the fuck are you trying to do?

And it's right smack dab in the middle of the action when you hover over it. Plus it's not made to fit the window so it's this little nagbox and it's terrible.

Oh, it's the little chat bubble icon that could mean literally anything? Wow. That's pretty straightforward hombre. Or is it the box with squiggles?

No, I'll enjoy a superior experience on literally any other video player. Even VLC gives this trash heap a run for it's money.

Garbage.

Use a video viewing program. Just not one that is cancer incarnate. I could use this, if I really wanted to, but doing the equivalent of piercing my balls by myself is not my definition of entertainment.

Which one are you watching? I only saw 1995 movie and the last movie

Ghost in the Shell was an anime for something like 4 years.

The original movie from 1995.

Even a child can work out that 'space' means pause and the arrow keys seek forwards and backwards. You have to be mentally retarded to not be able to use mpv.

Oops, should have made clear that this was directed at the morans in the thread, not OP. Thanks for the chart, OP.

Enjoy blur in your application to watch streams, faggot.
Switching to a different layout is literally one line in the conf. Stop being retarded and start using your brain more.

You also have to be autistic to use it. But you know.

what is a search function

Does anyone know of a way to make mpv start in a fucking maximized window? Currently using a Dexpot rule to do it, but it fails sometimes and a native solution would be much more preferable.

are you for real?