What the fuck is this shit?
Is nothing safe from this bullshit?

Other urls found in this thread:

lua.org/pil/16.html
luaconf.com/en#coc
oficinadanet.com.br/artigo/programacao/a_linguagem_de_programacao_lua_-_parte_1
web.archive.org/web/20050407024836/http://www.lua.org/pil/16.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

likely a meltdown of the documentation writer (typically happens after confronting an SJW).

So I am not allowed to complain about this but SJWs are?

Nobody should complain. You can't act like a child because other people do.

Point to where anyone on Holla Forums has said
and then fuck off back to SA with your
bullshit.

link or gtfo

So you're saying if someone pisses in your cereal every day you would not complain because complaining is something kids do?

lua.org/pil/16.html

That's not what I'm saying. Complaining is alright, although it's not always productive. But I don't think that there's anything here worth complaining about.

Or maybe the link was omitted from the OP so nobody would question the narrative you're trying to direct by using all-caps where none exist in the original document.

I hope you don't use POSIX if you're that fucking autistic over three letter words in API documentation.

Go ahead. Tell some SJW to stop being autistic over 2 letters. See what happens.

That's exactly what I just did :^)

Do you think that being autistic about 2/3 letters is a bad thing?

You're as bad as SJWs by getting this pissy over pronouns.

Unreasonably rejecting a change with no negative ramifications won't help you fight against/for changes that actually matter. There is nothing wrong with using she as a neutral pronoun anymore than using he. Also funny how no whines on Holla Forums when stallman does it.

Man this is the same exact type of shit my networking book pull. "The admin can then __ after she __ so that she could _____"

You are equating to all complaints with being a SJW, and acting like a child. You are the equivalent of a pedophile that states that anyone who complains about him posting cp is a SJW.

Who the fuck cares.

No, it's a programming language

Wasn't Lua made at a Catholic university in fucking Brazil? Why would they give a shit, of all people?

If you're going to be this triggered by innocuous wording in documentation, then no, you shouldn't be learning Lua.

Also, you might feel more at home in your safe space: >>>Holla Forums

I feel there's a lot of samefagging in here.

Rejecting this is not unreasonable, it is stupid to portray women as the majority of the tech field. Female pronouns cannot be used as neutral when it is men who make up the vast majority.

YOU are the definition of a SJW.

I don't think OP is saying that the pronoun itself is the problem, just that it might be evidence of ideological corruption by sjws. That's why he asks us if we know more about the lua situation in that regard.

Only good reply tbh

But it doesn't portray them as the majority. It says THIS user can do x, not ONLY WOMEN can do x. Stop being a retard.

Using the word she makes you an SJW now?

I think it's bad style for an official documentation, if you have to use he or she. You can use

Most OO languages have this mechanism partly hidden from the programmer, so that the parameter does not have to be declared.

I found the CoC of their conference. They just copied an existing American sjw one. Please don't insult technology choices, that hurts my feelings. And don't dress to sexy in Brazil. It doesn't matter how hot it is outside. Hue hue hue.

Sauce: luaconf.com/en#coc

I think it is highly ironic that code of conduct is abbreviated as coc(k)

So when you read stories about WWI and WWII, you would not be bothered if only female pronouns were used since complaining about it makes you a social justice warrior.

How can someone NOT think this is retarded? At the very least use neutral ones.

No. It doesn't matter. This gender studies bullshit becomes a problem when things people say and do in their personal life gets them banned from a project. It's a problem when a project is forced to include bad code because a black woman wrote it. It's a problem when devs spend all their time aliasing functions and variables to less triggering words.

This isn't bothering anyone but you.

I prefer:

>you can either use xFunction(z) or yFunction(z), which ever you prefer however x has [...]

I wish that male pronouns were still considered neutral due to being clear and simple, as well as being used in this kind of instructional context for a long while.

Ideal documentation should be as clinical as possible. While you can technically use second person, you might not be referring to the person that is actually going to use xFunction(), but its project manager or some coworker trying to help or document the program. The distinction is dumb and nobody will probably even notice if you use "you" as a pronoun, but if we are going to be pedantic then we might as well be as pedantic as possible.

The correct answer is, however, "who the fuck cares".

It irked me when I read that, too. Stupid shit like that is the exact same "problem" as using a generic male pronoun, just with the sexes reversed. Back in the day, when you wanted to be PC you said "he or she", or "him or her", or if you weren't a grammar nazi then "they". Now they are just being un-PC but in favor of the "marginalized" people.

But as long as the Lua license doesn't include handing over my testicles in a jar or having to use table.checkPrivilege() before I can access it, I really couldn't give a fifth of a fuck about it. If you're going to complain about SJW cancer in programming, focus on stuff that actually ruins communities like CoCs.

Not triggered then, not triggered now

Let’s respond to them.

I have seen this in different places in the past as well where the female pronoun was used as the generic form. I don't know if that's a regional thing, or if it being done out of some sense of courtesy (like how you say "ladies and gentlemen" instead of the other way around).

Let's not.

because the neckbeards on Holla Forums want to show others how rational and neutral they are by letting strong womyn change pronouns to things that no one ever uses for this kind of thing

It was tail-end political correctness era for software in the '90s. They would do it specifically because they thought they were making a statement against sexism but what they were actually doing is pushing the most sexist option as in their mind the gendered generic form is sexist yet they deliberately chose gendered pronouns rather than neutral. I hated these faggots as they were so far up their own asses but they weren't anything like today's SJWs. It was closer to being an edgelord.

After we win, and we're the ones making the narrative let's see if you faggots are still singing the same tune, but somehow I doubt you'd care if the shoe was on the other foot.

Because that's not how things work in real life, and you aren't neutral when you complain about complaints on their behalf.

If it makes one an SJW to complain about complaints, then I guess you are one too for complaining about complainers complaints, so please stop shitting up my totally neutral technology board with your ideology, UGH! It doesn't even affect you guys. Can't we all just get along?

This is not the Holla Forums I loved, what the fuck is wrong with you people?

>>>/g/

Thanks OP, going to work on learning Lua now since the documentation assumes that I'm the little girl.

I'll take some of whatever your spell checker is high on.

Fuck off retard.

Kill yourself /tumblr/.

Is this what you do? Go into every non-kosher thread to sage and OY VEY over non-kosher ideals?

When was Holla Forums ever good?

who the fuck cares

Who are you quoting?

Back to /a/ with you, little homo.
>>>/a/

Fuck off, cunt.

im so sorry lua hurt your masculinity op :(
here, come to tech, we'll coddle you in our safe space

Fuck Lua. Never used it. Never using it.

Nah, the way this is going to end is with infighting where the Holla Forums retards start accusing each other of being SJW's and end up destroying their stupid little community.

Isn't it about time they all killed themselves?

That email just makes you look like a bitch.
Also even if they took it genuinely, 'xe' is probably for the worse.

This is just better.

Fuck this thread, is full of lefties commies pro sjw.

Not worth getting mad over. You'll find these nods to women learners in docs and books going back for years. These Lua docs, if the page is to be believed, are over 10 years old. It's not current year SJW shit.

Portugon is a null-subject language. They just didn't know how to use a non-gendered subject.

lua = lunar in Portuguese, just take a look at their logo. There's also the Roman deity of Lua Saturni. Taking a look at their older page there's Saturn like logo from the company Tecgraf. Doing a search for 'Tecgraf Saturno' brings up this page

oficinadanet.com.br/artigo/programacao/a_linguagem_de_programacao_lua_-_parte_1

I can't read Portuguese so that's a dead end. Seems like Saturn is only associated by being 'CONTEÚDO RELACIONADO'.

This the one case where a preferred gendered pronoun associated with the moon in almost all human cultures(due to menstrual cycles) would make sense for a tiny bit of stylistic flair in the documentation and people here are complaining about it.

Let's go back in time a decade to see if their documentation always had female pronouns or if it's a recent addition due to the modern insanity;

web.archive.org/web/20050407024836/http://www.lua.org/pil/16.html

Nobody else bothered to do 5 minutes of research in 61 posts? Oh did so as well.

I don't really care who "wins" as long as we can get work done. I'd like to think that Holla Forums is the kind of people who want to focus on work, but it seems it's actually a bunch of people who want to complain about pronouns and who's cut his dick off today. I don't remember what gave me the impression that this was a serious tech board.

The only reason I don't like SJWs is because they disrupt work with their bullshit, and ban good programmers for being meanies. If they're not doing that, then I don't care.

if it isn't it will be

everything will be

That's a rather bleak outlook isn't it?

D&D 3.0

made in 2000

everythign uses "She"

just ignore it

So the cult of SJWs have existed longer than we think they have. The conspiracy keeps getting deep and deeper, how much longer must they destroy western culture?

If it's not outspokenly anti bullshit, it'll be swarmed and you know it.

I agree.

If there were female soldiers I wouldn't. However, there ARE female computer users

ftfy

Now you're just being obtuse

lol, but
wtf is up with your spell checker?

Users are not programmers.

Thank you for the reaction face.

LuaConf confirmed for knowing how to party.

Are you fucking retarded?Lua = Moon.

Unless it originally read "he" and was retroactively changed to "she", I see no problem. If they can't complain about "he" in the documentation, I don't see why we get to complain about "she".

"he" is accurate from a statistical point of view
"she" is not

In portuguese, Lua is femenine, therefore "she" is ok

I'll say it how it is. You are cuckolds. In the worst, Gamergate-killing, Reddit-tier, passively-cancerous way possible.

You're the type of faggots who don't criticize SJWs for being completely fucked in the head and lead by a deeply destructive, evil ideology, but instead for committing a logical fallacy here and there. Or for being hypocritical, using an image that compares two tweets by the same SJW contradicting each other. You don't have the fucking guts to step up and confront the actual matter.

You're the reason the industry dies.

Finally someone has the balls to say it. Started to feel like reddit in here.

this is literally what's going on

I get that you dislike toxic feminists, but come on, you are being just that but in male form if you sperg out at shit like this

I use the Latin rule. If gender is unknown, default to masculine.

Fuck it. From now on, we only get to call the user "it".

This thread should have ended after 3 posts.

The fact that it didn't is proof of how useless and impotent you all are. Man the fuck up and do something useful instead of crying over a SINGLE ASCII LETTER holy fucking shit

Females are not capable of being good programmers, the author only did it because he's a SJW fuck.

But Mrs. Hopper was indeed a programming legend.

no

And if the shoe was on the other foot, and Lua used male pronouns, I bet you'd see something like this in a Github thread.

>I'll say it how it is. You are bigots. In the worst, progress-killing, G*rGe-tier, passively-misogynist way possible.

You tell em champ. xD

The difference is we are right and they are wrong.

It was, then we got flooded by the other boards because we told them to install Gentoo too much or something. Now we have people who don't know what the fuck they're talking about and the only things they can contribute are:

Your post comes down to

You're both blowing up over fucking pronouns in a programming book.

Most OO languages have this mechanism partly hidden from the programmer, so there is no need to declare it (The names 'this' and 'self' can still be used inside a method).

Unless your program works differently when programmed by a man or woman, there's no need to use he or she in the first place. If you find yourself using it there's always another way to write your documentation, and it's probably simpler.

The thread happened to start over it, and i don't give a shit about those as long as they weren't recently changed. I made my first post about the creeping cuckery that frequently appears in threads like these.

You need some fighting spirit to face the most well-financed, widespread cancer since the 1950s.

This type of thinking is why the /christian/ plague continues to spread.

Yeah, I hope islam takes over as world religion soon.

What point are you trying to make here.

I'll stop complaining about it when I stop seeing people who complain about pronouns getting their way.

So +10,000 years after the heat explosion of the sun then?

More like they should because Lua is a shit language.

What are you smoking and is it Holla Forums?

shiggy diggy

>>>/techpol/

It's moved. Come with us. This is salted earth.
Shitskin invaders from other boards (Holla Forumsgag, Holla Forumslit).

That's exactly what he said.
Now ignore the faggots.

Where? Despite how bad it may be here, it's nowhere near as cancerous as /g/. Only decent place I know is ridiculously slow.

If you speak of endchan, it is far too slow.

I wanted to talk about lua lads.

Are you le smart marxist from reddit?

I don't think Holla Forums or Holla Forums is behind all the recent inane shitposting that's been happening on Holla Forums, I think some third party site is raiding this board.

2014 Holla Forums was honestly great. The entire site was better back in 2014.

ITT butthurt virgins who are intimidated by women.

NOBODY. CARES. ABOUT. YOU.

stop spamming this board with your pathetic shit.

You are such a manly man.

Yep, that's me ;^)

Fight the good fight brave white knight, you'll definitely get laid for sure now.

Cuck invasion in progress.

Actually he SHOULD complain.

If you don't complain back against complainers, only their voice will be felt... and some people will be confused into thinking they're undeniably right.

OP probably screencapped their post in private mode and posted it to their Tumblr to fuel yet another "anti-sjws amirite??" circlejerk