Getting Somewhere Without a Car

guize…

I'm trying to buy a motorcycle ~150 miles away from me. I have a car but I need to find some way to get there without my car so I can ride the bike back home after I buy it. I don't have any friends so I can't just have someone go with me and then drive my car back.

Are there like long distance buses I can take to get to where the motorcycle is? Taxi or Uber seems like itd be too expensive.

pls help guize

Why is life so hard :(

Rideshare on cl is probably your best bet. Hopefully someone's is going near where you're going and just asking to split the cost of gas.

dam… but id need a very specific time cause im scheduling to meet with the seller. i have money. i can pay for the ride but just dont have any means really. theres no subway and ive checked bus routes

Do you have any family that can help you? Brother, sister, mother, father, cousin?

no friends no family. i think im going to try to hire someone from craigslist… that seems to be my only option.

That or rent a truck or a vehicle you can put the motorcycle into. That way, you don't have to worry about a return trip. You drive there then drive back.

Do you live in Iraq? Or have you been in a home all your life?
Using public transport isn't sorcery, user. Try googling bus, then the two cities' names.
Are you for real?

buses here dont go that far… idk what kind of public transport you have but its not the same across the nation. do you really think everywhere in the world is just like where you live? Are you for real?

Do this. Rent a truck or Uhaul.

Good idea. I've seen sign where you can rent one for like $19-39 bucks. I'm sure there are other charges beside gas but that seem reasonable.

Go to truck stops and suck dick for rides.

i thought about this but i dont have a trailer or anything to put the motorcycle on. you cant just lift a 500lb bike onto a truck and in one of those uhuals with ramps, the bike wouldnt be safe just sitting upright in there.

ive done this before to move a broken down motorcycle. we got mattresses off the street and leand the bike down inside the trailer onto the mattress. that worked but only with 5 friends to help me move the bike. motorcycles are heavy af. i moved away and dont have friends or family now

Okay, you have nothing to secure the bike in the Uhaul? No straps?

Also don't drive like a maniac with it. It should be fine as long as you can strap it down.

Also a Uhaul can carry the bike. Max load is 2,810 lbs for a 10ft'er.

What bike did you get?

tru. im just worried the bike will fall over inside the back. itd just be really hard for me to do by myself. the uhual ramp is really small, so i cant stand on the ramp with the bike, yknow what i mean?

2012 daytona 675r

Get some heavy blankets. lay them down. Strap the bike down. That is what you do if you are worried about dumping the bike mid transport.

And by heavy blankets, I don't mean the bedding kind.

Also cover in heavy blankets if you want to. I doubt anything will fall onto the bike if it is the only thing in there.

You can rinse the bike when you get home. It shouldn't be getting any damaged or scratched if you get some heavy blankets (or whatever you can manage to pad the bottom so you can lay the bike down) and strap the bike down to the bed of the truck.

There is always a way to do something like this. You just need to do a little creative thinking.

Nice looking bike btw. Was thinking about getting a new bike myself because my other bike has a cracked engine case. Too expensive to get repaired on an old bike.

Some U-Haul trucks have a ramp that comes out the back.
You could just hitchhike, I've done it to go about 80 miles twice. It sucks though. Walking 20 miles before someone picks you up sucks.

There are trailers specifically designed for motorcycle transport. See if you can rent one so you can drive there and back with it.

Last I remember 0PIATEFag was planning on buying a motorcycle some distance from him….

Dude that would be one expensive ass uber ride I would love to be on the receiving end of.