Can't into coding

>still didn't entirely figured out how to properly initialize my 2 dimensional array with 0's by a for-loop don't spoiler the answer

How come this shit is so frustrating and yet i can't quit trying?
Is it just me who fails so miserably?
Do you need a special form of autism to comprehend this?

Other urls found in this thread:

voxday.net/mart/SJW_Attack_Survival_Guide.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

i don't do coding, but i've experienced the feeling of being baffled at suddenly being caught up in similar problems of suddenly having my own field be entirely incomprehensible

but to me its become inchoprehensible

Coding is awesome.
You will fail a lot, but like you've already experienced, you do get better over time.
ArrayLists are a lot slower than regular arrays, which is why I still use regular arrays most of the time.
I mostly code for games, by the way.

Get Unity and just mess around, there's a free version.
In Unity you can use C#, which is very similar to Java.

I know that feel.

Probably writing code is the most boring thing I've ever had the misfortune of suffering.

Install Gentoo before trying shit.

I am far away from getting real shit done with a game engine,lad.
Just did java workshops with small exercises so far.

I thought it would be a good exercise to now recode something rather simple like snake.
Gonna try to get the logic done with an ASCII output.
Then i will attempt to optimize my code and see if i could have come to an easier solution.
After this i wanna try to implement a GUI.

ITfag told me that chaining workshops won't teach me how to code.
He said i have to learn by doing to understand and solve the problems.

Here's your code, by the way.
If there are any errors, chalk it up to me having programmed this in C# because I recently fucked up my installation of Eclipse.

int rows = 5;int cols = 15;int[][] twoDInt = new int[rows][];for(int i=0;i

you guys are so fucking smart

i'm seriously in awe

i would easily lick your assholes while sucking cum out of your cocks

i understand it looks like i'm being ironic or something because it's the fucking internet

but it's true

Coding doesn't take smarts, it takes persistence (and a little bit of smarts, if you want to get good).
If you are not into whatever you are doing, you are going to have a hard time getting better at it, obviously.

Yeah sounds like you're just retarded tbh. By that I mean your fundamentals are probably really shaky. Doing any sort of programming is difficult if you can't navigate the language you're using. Better just go back to square one and try again.

>waaaah is boooooring
kys

One word OP:
Ja
va

OK, that's maybe two words, but you probably get the point.

Not too hard in Sepples, user.
// helloarray.cpp// gcc helloarray.cpp -o hello -std=c++11 && ./hello#include #include #include using namespace std;int main() { // Initialize 'array' of player one items vector items{"shield", "sword", "armor", "+1powerup"}; // Output list of items for (auto& item : items) cout

coding sucks, dude. Get into network administration/management instead.
Coders are at the lowest tier of any IT hierarchy. My new boss jumped ship from a development supervisor because he said it was sucking life out of his soul.

>// g++ helloarray.cpp -o hello -std=c++11 && ./hello *

don't feel too bad, java is a fucking disgusting language
you don't want to learn it anyway, unless you hate yourself or something

Java is pretty easy to get into, in my opinion, but it can breed bad habits if you want to get into C++ later.
Just be glad OP didn't start with JavaScript (like I did).

That's not a two-dimensional array though, and it's not an int array like OP implied they wanted.

tfw my cs program has an entire course to teach a deprecated language

what does kys mean though

seriuosly it's like the last year of children pouring into the boards have these new letter formations to bewilder us with

i must complement them for being so smart so fast

but wtf does it mean? kys?

picky picky

>vector analretentive{{1,2,3}, {4,5,6}, {7,8,9}};
typo bug

oh wait it's kill your self

i figured it out myself

oh you useless poeple from the nineties and beyond, you would really come up with something like that

kys

for the love of god

Oh yeah, I'm sure you're totally an oldfag, newfag.

But seriously, kys

lel. welcome newfriend.
:D

I like brevity, but I find all of those acronyms and abbreviations to be very grating. It makes me feel like I'm on NeoGAF.

In a sense, I think the old generation of imageboard users is partly responsible for the widespread use of them (WTF, OMG, BBQ, GTFO, etc.).

pretty sure it's texting on phones by millenials created it user. twitter just exacerbates omg lel wtf smh tbh fam.
:DD

Sure, user

Of course the widespread usage of Twitter compounded the problem, but I think imageboards did set a precedent in this because I don't remember "WTF", "lol", "GTFO", and other acronyms being frowned upon a decade ago.

Does anybody on here from the age of Usenet know about the prevalence of acronyms and abbreviations in those times?
That would be interesting.

but thats the thing

i've been around for a million years

this kys thing showed up in the last couple of months

also some other shorthand i can't remember now

either way it just goes to show you are safe nowhere

even here in the fucking sewers of the internet, children will sooner or later show up to kick you in the gut

lolnewp

btw fam, this user had a question for you:

In spite of having been around so long, you sure never bothered learning how to start and end sentences and how to format your posts.
That makes you look very infantile, in my opinion.
I'm pretty sure you are also .
I implore you, please take my advice to heart.

oh god its you again

you and your fucking formatting issues

did your grandma hit you when you did something wrong in your formatting schoolbook, and now whenever you see someone using inproper formatting you lash out at them, hearing your grandmothers screeching voice coming out of your mouth?

There is a special place for you, actually. Off you go!

wait what

I just think it makes you look retarded.
Sorry.

but thats because you are caught up in the contexts you hate

trust me

this will clear up in time

in a few years you will think back on the type of clothes you wore in 2016 and wonder wtf was i thinking

can you

kys?

does it mean i stop throwing punches because no matter what they will always come back?

but what if they say that because they notice my punches have effect and they don't want to be punched to shit when they instigated the fight?

honestly i've fucking hated every second of java ive tried to learn even though i enjoyed learning and messing around with c/c++/lisp/python. why can't i wrap my head around java? It just pisses me off so much

Seriously? Java is a lot easier than C++…

you can fuck right off m8

Read carefully, retard. I said Java was easier, not C++ is hard.

Ya I know, that's why i don't understand why i hate it so much. i think i have a deep ingrained hatred of java because of my first attempt learning it. i bet if i tried again now i would find that it's easy but i don't have any desire or need to now so ill go on not knowing for now

Java is not a great first language.
Try Ruby.

That would double the userbase if nothing else.

Vaguely related good advice OP.

voxday.net/mart/SJW_Attack_Survival_Guide.pdf

Sorry, wrong thread.

I liked java after learning C#, it makes it a lot easier to understand. If you jump into object oriented programming for the first time with java, you're probably going to have a bad time.

lol idiot.

>>>/tumblr/, pls

I'm not the person who posted the link, but what's wrong with Vox Day?

bump

bump bump

magicks

johnyy

nigger

test

COBALT

selenium

int main(void){ int matrix[5][5]; int i; int j; for (i = 0; i < 5; i++) { for (j = 0; j < 5; j++) arr[i][j] = 0; } return 0;}
And now for the true masterrace language:
(make-array '(5 5) :initial-element 0)

1. Calm your tits
2. Use books instead of videos. Videos are good to review or see particular techniques, but books are where you learn the important and proper stuff.

Also learning to program takes a lot more time than the whole bootcamp and feelgood shit made to drive wages down and sell hope to unemployed people make you believe.

If you want to learn Java, there is a useful app for android. The App is called "Lern Java" from SoloLearn. They got other programming apps to like HTML, PHP, SQL, C++ and so on.
You'll lern the language step by step. For exercise you can programm on the app.

Your mistake is using an IDE. You're trying to learn, why the fuck would you use an IDE?

Are good at logial thinking? "Coding" is just a tool… although making optimasl use of a language can be an artform too.
Being able to identify and deconstruct a problem is the main skill… can you word the problem/s you're working on?