youtu.be/TUiIdtwP4WM?t=20
youtube.com/watch?v=4b0gvbMvKGs
youtube.com/watch?v=SYZ4-RUAqfY,
youtube.com/watch?v=SuVgZ4RvuwA)
cartoonnetwork.com/legal/trademark.html
adultswim.com/footer/legal/trademarks.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

How?

Like with the UG/SU crossover, it's amazing how the styles don't totally clash. I say this because I imagine the UG/SU crossover must have required less wangling.

I wouldn't mind this if it was with the original shows.
I want the Powerpuff Girls to become Honorary Titans now.
I doubt they would do that though.
This just makes me sad.

Did Tara Strong realize she shouldn't have gotten so pissy over getting left out of a shitty reboot? Because she's already in one.

The same can't be said for next year's crossover.

It's like they're out to destroy my adolescence.

The irony.
Now the PPGs could actually have age to enter the Teen Titans.

What the FUCK is this shit.

TTG's artists are brilliant compared to the rebootpuff's artists. Maybe seeing this will make some people realize how shitty the reboot is?

I wonder which art style they plan on using?

They made fun of themselves for one episode.
youtu.be/TUiIdtwP4WM?t=20
youtube.com/watch?v=4b0gvbMvKGs

Personally I think if they'd had done these little episodes at the end of serious ones, people wouldn't have minded. It was just that they expected more of the semi-serious story– Even though Young Justice did that better. However, they acted like little babies when one or two people said they hated it.

If nothing else, their animation will be better than PPG. Too bad they'll spend most of the episode mocking fans who grew up with the show. Calling it.

…at least the coloring looks alright?

What's with all the fuss? I don't see what the big deal is crossing over Scooby Doo with a superhero show.

wasn't that a crossover with super-friends?

anyways, Craig's idea actually kinda sounds cool

i remember back in the day, the scooby gang would go on all sorts of adventures with various guest stars

there were the harlem globetrotters, Don Knotts, and even Batman & Robin

This is an insult to TTG

Is it just me or are the PPG more on model with cleaner and more expressive line weights when drawn by the Teen "Like You Remember, Only Shittier" Titans artists?

TTG was already an insult

In a promo

From that still it looks like it will be the 3 of them and their most similar member of the Teen Titans.
Any comedy will be derived from comparing and contrasting each pair of 3.

Both have somewhat minor japanese influences in their conception shows but I'm not sure how to work that into a joke.

Tell me this is a joke. Tell me that they are taking the piss. Tell me that this isn't happening.

It probably is going to happen. And when I actually kind of like lesbian rock force nine.

Subtle

Which one?

It's all too real I'm afraid.

Link?

Man, it's fake as fuck.
Look at it

GET 'EM WET SHAGGY

and johnny bravo

dont forget johnny bravo

this scene will never ever leave my memory.

I can't believe I ever forgot about that episode. thank you for reminding me

its logical.

the crossover episode was not a scooby doo episode, it was a johnny bravo episode. the gang were guests in johnnys show.

i guess they finally got to meet the strongman

I'm so glad somebody else remembers that scene as vividly as I do. It was fucking brilliant.

Does Cartoon Network want to commit financial suicide this desperately? Why else would they make such terrible business choices?

because the target audience isn't basement dwelling adults with a refined taste in cartoons.

the target audience is dumbass children with empty minds and shit taste, they'll like anything you put on TV.

That's what I thought when I saw this

NuPPG looks like pale vomit, so it's a step up

Doesn't mean this'll be good

It was a good episode of Johnny Bravo, but by no means a good episode of Scooby-Doo.

Wasted Quints, friendo. That wasn't an episode of either. It was filler between shows in 4 or 5 parts.

It's not just you.

The TTG cartoon, although shitty, is done by professionals. The new PPG is run entirely by interns.

Just let the world burn, Holla Forums…

So, Ghoul School without Monster Girls? What the hell's the point of that!?

Yeah, I'm sure this is something they totally came up with on their own and not a marketing ploy to boost ratings and sell merchandise.

It's weird hearing the original TT VAs speak on behalf of the current show

well, they ARE getting paid to work on it

anyways, maybe it's just their sense of humor or something. two of them were MLP voice actors

TTG is fun nonsense that occasionally teaches lessons, like the spice episode, that was pretty much about drug-taking (part 1: youtube.com/watch?v=SYZ4-RUAqfY, part 2: youtube.com/watch?v=SuVgZ4RvuwA)

It also makes fun of itself regularly. I like the way it mocks capeshit, I like the way it throws in dark Easter Eggs (the urn in the Batcave with a crowbar next to it, the Robin's parents joke), I like that they turned Robin into a thirsty cuck who is nowhere near as cool as he thinks he is and I like that they made Beast Boy utterly useless and unreliable.

Also, I like that the team behind it knew they couldn't do justice to the original with the budget they got, and instead made a parody. There's a clear distinction in tone from the old series and it isn't a direct continuation or seriously-attempted reboot, just a fun side project. It's a lot better than parading around the corpse of a show like the new PPG is doing.

Sorry that there's a cartoon on TV aimed at kids instead of manchildren, I guess. I'm glad kids aged 7-10 have variety, rather than just having to watch crap like vid related.

How that show's still on the air is beyond me….

Simpsons and Family Guy

Steven Universe and Uncle Grandpa

Now Teen Titans Go and Powerless Girls

And then Scooby-Doo and Steven Universe?

Why, Holla Forums?

Why is this happening?

We're not allowed to have nice things anymore.

May as well laugh at how awful it is. It's all we can do.

TTG at least makes it easier to do that.

I love this about TTG. It's just that since the first handful of episodes, it's become more and more toilet humor. If we had more shit like this, and stuff like Robin rapping in the car while trying to get his driver's license, I'd watch it all the time. I just hate when it's all about farts and 'LOL SO RANDUMB XD' because it just reminds me of the shit humor the old show used to have.

I do agree. If it was a little smarter, more focused on taking the piss out of superheroes (such as showing that a team of superpowered teenagers probably would be a bunch of douchebags), it'd be more enjoyable.

I wonder if the VAs regret coming back for TTG.

Eh, they seem to be genuinely having fun

Its Steven Universe you nigger

Venerability

i checked out of the show early on, but iirc the fart humor wasn't all that present. just in an episode where they poke fun at the people who criticize their show

I understand that is shitty how his father abandons him forever, but I have never understood why everybody says that it is a ripoff of the ending of NGE. All it happens is that Could someone please explain it to me?

Double cancer?

I never could stand TTGo and I fucking despise the new PPG, especially since I used to be a major PPG fan back when I was young.

I really hope this crossover fails big time and drags the new PPG down into the abyss with it.

Sorry but isn't Craig working on the new PPG?
I'm having trouble taking him seriously knowing he let this shit happen.

No, Craig has no hand in making the PPG reboot. They just plastered his name all over it to try and give it more credibility.

How did they do that exactly?

In the credits he has a "created by" billing, which means he created the original IP

Can somebody PLEASE elaborate this?

CN owns the rights to PPG, not Craig. Whats so hard to understand?

Oh, okay.
I just thought they can't do anything with the IP that he personally created without his approval, something about it being his intellectual property…

I'm pretty sure the rare cases there are in which the original creator held onto the legal rights to an IP is those where they foregone shitloads of cash, other rights, royalties, and other stuff.

That's been on a lot of prints, even after 2004. It's basically their corporate logo at this point

iirc, how it works is (for most of these people) they get invited to pitch an idea to the network (usually because they know someone who already works there or they worked on another project for them) and that gets copyrighted by the network for you

you CAN copyright your own work, however. as soon as it's published onto paper, it's available for copyright (around $35/copyright in the US) and the network can't continue making it without your permission, making the network more of a distributor/secondary publisher

Let me make sure I got this correctly… You're saying at the first printed PPG comic, Craig could have copyrighted the IP for just $35?

The Smurfs and James Bond 007 (both under holding companies established by their creators, Sepp Int'l. SA and Danjaq respectively) are the only two counterexamples off the top of my head.

For example, Turner Entertainment doesn't own the Hanna Barbera tv show, they distribute it under license. Same deal applies to their tie-in shows they did with The Pink Panther, Pac-Man, and Bill and Ted.

IIRC only Antonucci and Tartakovsky were smart enough to keep the rights to their shows

Eh, I prefer the vampire as a loli.

Since vampires are unaging and undying, she'll be a loli forever.

it's $35 by today's standards. back then, probably cheaper

also, I'm not sure if the comics came before the kickass girls or not, but the instant he put it on paper it's available for copyright

When I *first* started copyrighting my songs (in the 1980's), the fee was $10. It went up to $20 in the mid-90's, and is now $35.

But SU is a show kids hate and it really only gets praise from "refined adults" such as yourself.

TTG and UG are just funny wacky shows that kids can enjoy because they're not constantly preaching to them about word salad shit that the kids can't even understand.

???

What? TTG has all the original va's.

Okay, I'll give them that.

Which was my point

I think they didn't bring speedy's back

the only episode i remember him speaking was the one where he & robin disguised themselves as each other

Cancer show + Cancer show = "KILL ME"

The creator of Dexter's Lab and Samurai Jack

I meant, how did he keep the rights to his shows

full list of who owns what here cartoonnetwork.com/legal/trademark.html

dexter & jack are both owned by CN, but they probably just didn't want anyone else to write for it or something

If I recall correctly, they wanted both Genndy Tartakovsky and Craig McCracken back for their respective shows, but only Genndy was available since McCracken had a contract with Disney.

Yes, but copyrights are highly negotiable. It's very likely CN demanded them in some contract or another. Most networks will pressure creators for the IP rights in exchange for having the show made and, sometimes, a large, tempting cash advance.

I'm sure they wanted Jack to be a true continuation (since it's for the Adult Swim demo), while PPG was always going to be a new take for today's kids

It's funny how they announced Dance Pantsed around the same time as Wander

copyrights are non-negotiable

largely because they were originally thought up because publishers would publish your book without your permission, no large company can legally get your copyright just because they publish it. if that were the case, hanna-barbara would probably have given them to CN long ago

it's more likely that CN did something along the lines of say they'll copyright it for them when they originally pitched it & they never thought about protecting their creation from turning into the new PPG or something

Uncle Grandpa is sort of like Adventures of Sonic the hedgehog. When it's doing its reality warping cartoon logic gags, it can be pretty funny. But when it's not doing that, it's so shit that it's near unwatchable. Real shame, could've been good.

adultswim.com/footer/legal/trademarks.html

Adult Swim's Hanna-Barbera-based shows are owned by Cartoon Network…since Warner Bros. owns the classic HB IPs proper, I wonder how that all works.

that what i though when SU crossed over with Uncle Grandpa, and that turned out to be really good

I don't know, I was looking at the comments I think this one sums up my feelings on it pretty well.

It was one of you guys, wasn't it?

Death

I expect that comment to be downvoted to Death and get the most retarded relipes ever
Because no one in that comment section aside from this guy has any taste at all

I like that Adult Swim is so starved for action content that they've decided to go out and fund it. The Toonami crew often complained that their wasn't enough Western programing for the block.

There's also the hope that, with Tartakovsky at the helm, Samurai Jack could revitalize Western animation. FLCL could as well. I know nobody wants it(personally I would've thrown money at Trigger), but if it's even 1/10th as creative as the original, it'll have an impact.

I say we should give war a chance.

Care to elaborate ?

The green arrow should be a dead giveaway…

Hey remember when the show did a make a wish thing where an autistic fan became part of an episode?

Well the showrunners being the dicks that they are had Tara Strong dub over his lines in the finished episode.

But they had Raven and Starfire lusting over the animated version of him's dick the entire episode so I think it balances out.

Knowing Strong she probably tried to take advantage of the kid during recording.

I don't think she's a perv in real life

I wish I could be as naive and innocent as you.

Batman the animated series didn't talk down to kids, and did well with kids and adults.

Likewise, you can do a comedy show without talking down to kids or having a low budget.

Now if they did "DC GO!" as it's own entity then sure, more power to them.

But taking an IP that was established for one audience, then using it to ride on the coat tails so a less technically good show within that IP can succeed is jew-y.
"How can I maximize my audience? I'll get the old audience to hype up the show, but then design it for everyone!"

Could the kid just not read his lines?
Did the equipment fuck up?
If so, why not use fewer lines, or not do it at all?!

Also, I guess it's the same Wally from here:

You know those CN bastards planned this shit

didn't they have episodes making fun of the older viewers? I'm pretty sure they're just trying to make a show for kids

Only after they said they hate the show. The license was used in response to these shorts that got a lot of attention.

where did they say that?

Lol

Trademark Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.

It's an easy assumption

Hold the fuck up….
Is that Sari from TF:A at the end ?

looks like. she's the only one i could recognize, at least

Funny how the Teen Titans cartoon from 2003 got panned for trying to appeal to a younger audience from the audience that had the comics as a reference point and now TTGo is getting the exact same thing by those using the cartoon as a reference point.

Some things never change.

No, it's Witchie Poo from Adam Warren's "Titans: Scissors, Paper, Stone" one shot. The others are Captain Thug, Dead Pretty Boy, and Prosthetic Lass. I think Derrik Wyatt said that he wanted to work them into the original show at one point.

The Robin design is from DC One Million.

Isn't the art in the first two images from that guy who makes the Gold Digger comics?

Not matter what the name says, that is Sari.