Can entropy be reversed, Holla Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1GCf29FPM4k
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eternal_return
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poincaré_recurrence_theorem
archive.is/6M2cy
twitter.com/AnonBabble

There is insufficient data for a meaningful answer

Only by giving little girls magical powers.

What is the meaning of life, the universe, and everything, Holla Forums?

If nothing else, we can always find a VM leak. Turning our closed system into an open system would be a cheat, but it would work for our purposes.

no, because its not storing information

entropy may not be reversible, however, the state of the universe may be , order is entropy in a state of pure entropy in other words, they say the opposite of entropy is creation of order, witch is sort of a paradox, one could say that the universe never actually exists in order, rather, in different states of entropy

Numberphile did a sort of related video called "The LONGEST time" which is based off of a research paper by Don Page
youtube.com/watch?v=1GCf29FPM4k

Locally, but not within the entirety of a closed system.

That depends on whether the universe truly lives forever and whether it's possible states are limited. Statistical physics usually assumes validity of the Poincaré's recurrence theorem. If that would be true, then yes, entropy would eventually reverse.

Even if the conditions for that theorem are not met, there is a negligible probability that the entropy of the universe reverses.

But in our current understanding of the universe (ever expanding) it does not look good.

The universe is only expanding because of entropy though, do to the effects of dark energy

Should the universe not run out of dark energy eventually?

If you reversed entropy you would reverse causality and nothing could happen.

Yeah, but it's a quantum model applied to a macroscopic object, so it's pretty bullshit. Moreover, heat death is the necessary endstate of a universe with infinitely expanding spacetime.

Granted, spacetime expansion may change futher down the road, but we have no way of proving that.

Not as far as anyone can tell. Dark energy appears to remain constant per volume, regardless of how much the universe expands.

If you asked me Dark Energy is a shit explanation for the phenomena, but it's probably the best one we have right now.

I really want to internet groan and internet roll my eyes, but that is old meme to the point where it doesn't actually bother me.

Yes
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eternal_return

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poincaré_recurrence_theorem

If you reverse entropy, you'll end up with a self-sustaining chain reaction that destroys the entire universe.

In a manner of speaking yes, the problem with reversing entropy is that it requires work, witch in turn creates more entropy than what you started with

maybe if we get more womyn in stem

Basically
However we might be able to 'cheat' in a way by adding extra energy into our system.
Which is why you need to hurry up and make a contract with me and become a magical girl,Meguca.

It actually can if you jew around with atomic spin enough.

Of course, it's only technically solved, you still have the same overall problem, just in a larger context.

kyubey did nothing wrong

Trump will build a wall around the entire universe to stop it from expanding and slow entropy to a stop

No. Entropy is spontaneous; but it takes energy to undo entropy. Entropy always wins.

that meme predates the internet

The hitchikers guide to the galaxy came before the internet

I love Asimov's work, especially how most of his stuff manages to remain somewhat relevant while most other old sci-fi authors just make you either smirk or groan with their (now) silly and misguided ideas.

Is reversing entropy really the plot of Madoka?

Yes.
So what do you say about that contract? /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

In our culture having autism and a lack thereof expressing emotion is a mental disorder, go figure

What pisses me off the most is that the whole point of it in the book is that you don't know the question, only that it's the "ultimate question".

Well no shit, that's why its called "The Ultimate Question" otherwise it would be "The Ultimate Answer"

But the question is not "What is the meaning of life, the universe, and everything?". That's just wrong.

Wouldn't that mean if the closed system is infinite any area can be considered local due to Hilbert's paradox of the Grand Hotel? That would just reduce the problem down to being able to get from one position in space to another in an arbitrary amount of time in the reference frame of the object traveling.

So solving heatdeath might be equivalent to developing FTL if the universe is flat and doesn't have a finite end

You might actually be onto something, get it published in a research paper and dub it "8chans Theorem" to make the college SJWs cry

That makes sense, but does the math agree?

Anyhow, still have to solve ftl

no

Lord Kelvin pls go

Probably. We sort of already have:
archive.is/6M2cy