Star VS the Forces of Evil

SEASON 2 PREMIERE JULY 11

archive.is/B8WZL

With that ending you better do.
Uhh guys…
… this looks like fanfic goldmine.

why can't i hate this show? I'm a jaded bastard who finds hate for so many things, but not this show? I want to hate it, but I can't

Is the least SJW infested western cartoon

the closest I can figure it having any sjw-ism is the pushing of the interracial couple (grasping at straws here)

but even that's mostly because they're based on the shows creators

It's done very matter-of-factly too, and it would raise less eyebrows than with a same-sex couple

Of course, you could say an AT-style show starring a girl is very progressive

Also she's the most realistic girl teen in western cartoons in a while.
She's not empowered, entitled or anything like that.
She fucks up, is wrong, doesn't belittle for her v-card rights besides her great personality accepts her shits and learns. And her problems or Freudian excuses are actually brought up and not just implied in subtext for character mining.

Don't wanna bring another can of worms here but she's pretty much the Mabel we could have had.

The funny thing is, the fact that the boy is Hispanic means jack-shit if you think about this, considering the girl is an actual interdimensional alien possessing at least one known thoroughly-inhuman form under certain circumstances, if not many more than that by default even before you factor in magical shapeshifting. The fact that a relationship between the two would be a human boy loving/fucking an alien with a human-like default form is a much more significant thing to think about than the boy's skin color, especially when you factor in that she only looks similar to an aryan ideal caucasian girl on the surface, and isn't actually one at all due to possessing zero (known) Earth human genetic material in her ancestry.

The actual "issue" here is xenophilia, not race-mixing, and as far as I know most humans of all stripes can agree that the "Captain Kirk" approach to sentient interspecies interactions is a fine and dandy one that isn't worth bitching about. Someone might be bugged by it, but the portion of people who'd care is much smaller than those who'd be bothered by two human genetic groups intermingling, as a result of us not knowing a thing about what would come out of humans boning aliens of any type, aside from it probably being radical as hell if the alien is cool-looking and it takes good genes from the human side.

The weird shit here is that Star has made a better point at xenophilia and blue and orange sexuality than those space rocks.

In the show, Marco and Star aren't dating (for now) and they have different love interests. Marco likes Jackie Lynn Thomas, and Star likes a guy called Oskar Greason. They're both pretty brown, but I figure it's just a California tan due to their names (Thomas is a pretty whitebread name, and google says the name Greason is Scottish in origin.)

The only SJW thing I can think of is Mewnipendance Day, where it implies that monsters were the native residents of Mewni and pushed out by Star's people invading. But I think it was handled pretty well, groups of people getting screwed over by other groups of people in war is a pretty common occurrence, and the situation might turn out to be more complicated in season 2 (considering that Star's history lesson came from a pop up book.)

It probably helps that the "Mabel" of this cartoon is the star instead of a supporting character.

Can you elaborate? Weird mewberty phase aside, she seems like a traditional heterosexual girl and the Mewmans has male and females like earth humans do.

How is this show? Is it another preachy SJW mess or is it an actual fun show?

WHY

It's "LOL SO RANDOM!" bullshit.

Star is your typical hyper active bullshit protagonist and Marco is a typical sidekick. Imagine adventure time with about half the interesting lore and all the jokes fall completely flat.

It's a kid's show basically. It's not good but it's also not absolutely horrific. It likes it's morals, it likes it's formula, it has no self awareness, it plays shit completely straight, and it's pretty dumb.

I still find it amusing that it's basically a magical girl show where said magical girl actually fights like you'd expect a hyperactive teenage with a powerful magical artifact to; as a metaphorical and occasionally literal blunt instrument, and struggles with doing actual utility magic with it.

Why don't you watch a few episodes to find out instead of relying on other people to do your thinking for you?

it is a cheap shit show

and because of that it is easy to write for

and because of that and the fact that it is cheap it got another season

that's stupid

I watched like 8 or so episodes to the boardign school and the puberty episodes

it's alright but nothing to write home about

also no SJW that I could see

Yet 7D and WoY didn't get third seasons

This show is aggressively mediocre.

Why waste my time when I could just ask some people what they think?

Because some people like to make up their minds about things instead of depending on the hivemind to do their thinking for them?

Asking for opinions on a show on the board dedicated to their discussion isn't a unreasonable thing user.

no, but using that as a substitute for forming your own opinion is outright retarded