What exactly is it?

Probably 'MY FIRST MICROCONTROLLER/LE SURRENDER/WHITE FLAG/FROGS'

an usb drive. i felt like reposting it somewhere
- picked an old flash drive
- removed from the ugly plastic keyring thing
- seal it on a broken USB cable
- solder something completely absurd on 4 wires
- ???
i was thinking of some bigger, UV-eraseable ROM chip. this one really got 4Gb, but now with a '93 256k flash hanging on it, leaving the beholder who will google its serial number with a mountain of questions about it.

nobody cares

yes but can you install gen2 on it

I care.

go back to >>>/furry/ you faggot windows using fuck

OP sucks Algerian nigger dick

HAHA I bet SJW womyn in tech can't do that

How hot dose it get?

For what purpose is there a motherboard in that picture other than to make it look "ooh so tech so cool"?

Shut up
I want to know.
According to Google this chip is an early flash memory.

He harvested the flash chip from it to solder it to an USB cable, just creating his own thumbdrive.
that's easy, but writing an USB driver for that old stuff might be harder. I wonder what lsusb says about it.

What.

Please, read:

hownew.ru

Who fucking cares what this guy is into? He made something, out of a 1993 flash chip.
Does this looks like cuckchan?

I think I get it. Or maybe not.

Who would even steal a cut USB cable like that or even suspect it's a thumbdrive?
Just remove the IC and leave it like the first photo. That makes a perfect deaddrop for passwords.

No, because even quarterchanners speak English. This thread looks like fucking 9gag.

OP you should repost this on a board that isn't full of literal shit

memetic

Shill detectected

intredasting

nice

this made me lol, I should make one like this.

But why make it look useless? I'd make it look like a cable with a non standard port, like a phone charger cable or something. Would be less suspicious and less likely to be thrown away.

Good going using a overused word that has lost it's original meaning without a clearly defined context. Gas yourself.

Bonjour !

Can you explain what kind of chip this is ? It looks like you made some weird 1980 usb key but I understand nothing about anything related to chips and such.

OP is from France, not Canada

The correct greeting they use in France is Marhabaan or

Get it right goy!

Wait a second...
Test

Kek, Holla Forums seems to block Arabic characters for some reason, probably because people were exploiting them for zalgo text or to crash Macs

Actually, OP might be Algerian, they say bonjour there too because they forgot how to speak their own language.

It blocks all unicode.

I think this is funny, especially because I share data in university all the time.

Here's my tribute :))

It's 16MB RAM from a 20 years old Thinkpad 365

next level ramdisk

Bullshit, that cable only has two wires, clearly a cable meant for charging not for data.

That's not 5v dram either, sticker says 3v, wouldn't it burn out if you put that much power across the flash? If you put a resistor in the electrical tape why not show that part along with the solder points instead of hiding it like it couldn't possibly work?

lol, dafuq? Read:

There's a tiny 4GB USB drive inside (see pic 1 bottom) and the cable is not even connected :)

You're either under the influence of stockholm syndrome or part of the damage. Either way you're wrong :^)

I don't get this comic.

It's a reference to one of those Dark Knight films, in which an edgy version of the Joker drives a pencil into someone's head.

i... just felt like posting some pics somewhere like that for no big reason.
the Intel flash chip is a 1993 256KB flash rom and isn't actually wired to the USB, there's a 4GB chip inside the plug, the rest is purely decorative. but i could have added an extra led on it that's flashing. there's two pin on it. i'll keep that in mind for a future one.

there was no USB in the eighties.

i like this one, it's closer to a more random USB cable.
but makes me think, if USB to USB transfer cables can contain a flash chip, wouldn't that make it the most perfect spying device, like you want to copy something to a phone or hard dive, the cable is the thing that contains a copy. like up to 32GB. . .

i should also make something like that. like maybe a badusb on that thing.