MegaMan

MegaMan Boom confirmed

archive.is/E89jV

Looks like shit, man.

So did they see the new MN9 disaster and figured they need to drag around Megaman's corpse as an extra reminder, or something?

Well that looks fucking awful. Should have stuck with the Smash Bros design.

It's like a disgusting mix of Classic and Battle Network. And what the fuck is Mega Mini?

They should have used the Archie comics as an example of how to do story focused Mega Man. Instead they do whatever the hell this is.

Why do they keep doing this?

To be fair, there are already so many radically different designs of Mega Man out there (including Zero and also let's note Xover), just that this one is western, so its style clashes with what most Mega Man fans will be used to. Not saying it'll be good, we don't know for sure, but I liked Ben 10, so I'll keep an eye out for it. Also he looks like he's in the Grid. If the setting is practically Tron 2.0's Grid, it could be comfy as fuck.

I would watch the fuck out of this, though.

Crossovers when?

That's not what Mega Man Classic is like, though.

sonic x megaman already happened

Will there ever be another game starring pacman that's actually good?

looks like a shitty tron hybrid

Well that explains the shit design

So just make a show based on ZX

if thats how he looks now.. what do the robot masters look like?

there are no hero's left in man

kill me

Tell me I'm not the only person who sees a pattern here guys…

I never liked Megaman as a game so i don't really care for the design. But the plot suggested in the article is weak as fuck.

MEGAMAN'S ARMS ARE NOT BLUE!!!!

Are there even any Megaman autists?

Are there megaman autists? yes

Are there any notable ones? no, they get crazy but they're smart enough not to bring attention to themselves

Will Snake be next?

Yo user dont joke around bout this shit

If they made it a parody of 80's kids shows based on R rated movies it might be good.

That'll teach Skullface not to mess with the power of friendship and superior fire power!

A kid appeal character?

The California city?

Close, thats Silicon Valley

With Sonic Boom, there had been several Sonic games released in the previous decade on readily available consoles for kids to buy, grow up with, and influence them to watch the new cartoon.

Mega Man has been a non-entity for a long time and shit like the download-only sequels that were made for old school fans didn't even make a blip on the radar of a younger audience…

So why the fuck did they hire the Ben 10 faggots, whose track record went to shit immediately, to make redesign a character that no kid would recognize in the first place?

Can I please fall asleep for several decades until this bullshit goes out of fashion?

"You told me that I am the father of Mega Man, but in fact it was already created when I joined the team at Capcom. My mentor, Akira Kitamura, had already created the character and knew what he wanted to make the game. Therefore, I only participate in its development. When Rockman arrived on the Super Famicon, I asked what if he was given a new look? But the design wasn't accepted and it became the character Zero". -Infafune TGS 2007

"Keiji Inafune (稲船 敬二 Inafune Keiji ?, born 8 May 1965) is a video game producer, illustrator and businessman. He started his career at Capcom and was the main illustrator of the Mega Man series during the NES and Super NES era. He is the creator of the character Zero." -Google/Wikipedia by searching "Mega Man real creator".

Gotta love how they don't fact-check and go with the rubbish Polygon/Kotaku writes.

A shitty companion that will help Aki turn into Mega Man Think of Tikki from Miraculous Ladybug but probably snarky, unfunny and with more screentime, what else?

Can't wait for them to show Dr, Light design, a bearded Max Tennyson in a lab coat and "Not-Gwen" Roll.

We already had GI Joe.

Then again, Mega Man is basically Astro Boy.

Really, most video games are pretty much warmed-over versions of what the creators grew up with.

Is Man of Action behind the series?

Always remember that Mashed Potato Samurai was asked by Namco to use the Ghostly Adventures version of Pac-Man.

He refused and told them either the classic Pac-Man gets in Smash or no Pac-Man in Smash.

Araki-sensei will save us from the depths of hell

How do shit designs like that get approved? It reminds of that crappy new Astro Boy cartoon.

Aki? isn't Mega Man's real name Rock?

Different audiences

Yep

I don't think I remember over-the-top sense of humor these people are talking about. Do they mean the voice acting of Mega Man X4? Seems like another run of the mill show that tries to incorporate humans when it doesn't need it to make the audience connect with the character better, though I've seen that fail many times. Nobody cared for the human characters in transformer cartoons. They cared more for the transformers. If they wanted to aim for a younger demographic, they could have just done an x version of mega man battle network.

Also, saying that Inafune created Mega Man. Does anyone not do research anymore? I feel that journalism has just been reporting by proxy. Report what you can look in a matter of a google search and as quickly as possible seems to be the model now. Nobody has nothing interesting to say on a given subject until you're sure there is a drama pool to draw views from.

You just realised? 'Journalism' has pretty much completely destroyed itself since the internet became a thing.

The teaser they showed was really fluid and nice, though.

Why? Why must they rape Mega Man in such a fashion? Hasn't he suffered enough?

no

Now where have I seen a design like this before?

More like Ryu or Cloud

And I won't give it a second look.

I'm 25 and this makes me feel old

I prefer this

Didn't the comic series get cancelled? If so then that's a shame because it was really good.

What is he a Tron character now?

Why can't they just let MM die in peace?
Isn't their desecrate of his memory enough, without going for the corpse time and again?

They aren't being neglected by their company

The Megaman OVA used that exact design in the 90s.

Battle Network is also a decent anime.

But the old 90s cartoon was fun despite Megaman being a young adult in that series.

Why do they make shitty cartoon adaptations of neglected Japanese IPs?

Because if they were good they'd have to bring the IP back.

I'm so sorry for kids today not having real cartoons. All they'll ever know is shit.

Pachinko is next for Big Boss.

Pac and Sonic got similar.

This shit is more acceptable.

The west will never understand little boy robots.

This is why animation will die.

That doesn't sound right

It sounds right as fuck to me. Roboys are for action and for sexual, equally. The perfect roboy should be mighty, cute, cool and sexy.
In the West they dumb it down to coolness and action.

Post more!

I don't have more, sis.

Oh, we understand them alright. We're just not buying, unless they are powered by SHEER PATRIOTISM and nucleoprotonic power

DON'T GIVE UP ELLEN BAKER SENSEI! YOU WILL COME BACK NEXT EDITION.

Yes. Megaman was also. Despite what people say. Never human. He was always a robot. He was turned to Megaman out of necessity. It wasn't a "I built you to save the world DURRR". No. Wily took the other robots. And Rock volunteered to be combat upgraded.