Where to next?

Following the events that have taken place today (Pic 2), I came to the realization that this chan may not last for long, it will either end up going inactive, shut down or both. People are leaving and the site is broken. I don't want what we've built these last few years to go with it. We have to decide on somewhere to go to if we want to stay together.

One option is 8ch.pl which is run by czaks. Everything is set up and ready to go, and would end up looking roughly the same as here. The transition would be relatively smooth. The downside being the usual problems with infinity, but czaks and OdiliTime have patches to help alleviate some of these problems.

Another option would be endchan.xyz which is owned by SnakeDude, Balrog and OdiliTime. They use LynxChan with a few modifications including a few tweaks to the interface. It will most likely scale better than infinity and there are a few posts (~3000) behind it already.

What do you think? Which one do you want to go to? Why or why not?

Other urls found in this thread:

sarah67ffgglso5m.onion/
4m6lvvm2w4hbwntb.onion/
slamspeechicukxu.onion/
i2p.rocks/ib/
nsfl.tk
2hu-ch.org
ucavviu7wl6azuw7.onion
oniichanylo2tsi4.onion
overchan.oniichan.i2p
g7c54d4b7yva4ktpbaabqeu2yx6axalh4gevb44afpbwm23xuuya.b32.i2p
endchan.xyz/operate/res/3826.html
guhnoo.org/
pastebin.com/HNp6NuSA
bbs.progrider.org/prog/
8ch.net/settings.php?board=operate
cyberlife.unsafe.space/kalyx.html
cyberlife.unsafe.space/hall_of_faggotry.html
endchan.xyz/a/res/182.html#q1644
lainchan.org/index.html
ghostbin.com/paste/9xf68
sprunge.us/fBHE
8ch.net/sotc1.nfo
twitter.com/HW_BEAT_THAT/with_replies
ddlginfo.com/what-is-ddlg.html
pastebin.com/DipC4bcj
8ch.net/faq.html
8ch.net/dost.html
8ch.net/claim.html
oxwugzccvk3dk6tj.onion
canarywatch.org/Holla
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I2p
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tor_(anonymity_network)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I2P#/media/File:Itoopie.svg
8ch.net/v/res/9310575.html
poal.me/t7inzy
poal.me/klw123
poal.me/83m6iu
endchan.xyz/tech/res/99.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

16chan.nl

4chan.

also they aren't globals, it's only lowcard and he's getting triggered because pedos got banned.

Codemonkey is going to be the new admin.

That site was meant for testing, not real use, but we own the Holla Forums board so it's not impossible.

The second I saw what Jim was like in those HOTWHEELS FIX YOUR SHIT my faith in the site faded.

Endchan is the basket I have my eggs in.

I would love for NNTPchan to catch on but its too low volume to attract the non-Holla Forums crowd. I personally like endchan and have been posting there, but if 8ch.pl gets more popularity I have no problem there.

/k/ommando here, I saw the drama going on and figured you guys would be talking about it so I decided to drop by

Just a few thoughts

Also, I seem to remember some discussion here ages ago (I dont come here that often) about IPFS and how it could host a distributed chan, did anything come of this or did it remain just mental masturbation?

threads like these need poster id

The jews are giving us a taste of their own medicine. Forced to migrate from board to board like the jews migrated from country to country. We are the technojews, wandering merchants of memes.

I vote endchan.

I don't think they've done anything untrustworthy so far. There were a few technical blunders when Endchan began but it's running smoothly now.
I don't know if it's actually hosted in Poland. geoiplookup tells me it's hosted in France. There are European Union countries that are completely fine for hosting.
The particular shit we're escaping from now is Jim. He can't follow us.

When endchan or 8ch.pl gets too much volume to handle i'm sure he's going to make an "offer" just like he did with hotwheels. The question is can we trust the site owners to understand what happened here and not fall prey to the same shit.

They're not going to accept that offer when most of the userbase is there to escape Jim.

They're aware of what's going on and involved in it.

True. But what about when the next big gamergate-like awakening happens? We can only expect more of those as politics continues to progress as it has been and feminism continues to implode. New waves of users won't know about Jim or what happened here.

I want to laugh at this, but I cant god this is depressing

I am not sure about that, I suspect many of the things posted on here violate EU law.

Or czaks/SnakeDude/OdiliTime will turn into fagots like what happened with moot and Jim

didn't mean to sage

HW would have shut down Holla Forums back in 2014 if he had to pay all the bills.

Is a Romanian NEET going to pay 2000$ a month to keep a meme site alive?

They're personally involved and care about it. We've been discussing it for a while since before this thread.

Endchan and 8ch.pl both have a goal of becoming part of NNTPchan, so as long as that happens before they get corrupted we're safe.

if josh ever gets around to implementing the nntp backend I think it would be the best possible choice, it probably wont happen but I can dream.

Too bad I don't have the bandwidth to host a NNTPchan server. I have a decent dell poweredge and free power from solar, just absolute shit internet speeds.

twitter has gnusocial and no one cares.

Twitter has GNU Social as an alternative, but we're talking about NNTPchan as an upgrade here. If Endchan and/or 8ch.pl transition to NNTPchan when they already have a userbase, NNTPchan automatically gets a lot of users.

I tried gnusocial and it was a circus, conflict between all the different server owners over what is allowed and their users not being able to communicate with each other.

If Holla Forums really does fucking die witch I doubt will happen for awhile, then I'm fucking done with imageboards altogether, after using them for the past 9 fucking years I've come to the following conclusions;

-They are horrible platforms for discussion do to its login-less nature

-They are too easily subverted do to its anonymous nature

-The lax moderation model of many IBs promots discussion carried out by lowest common denominator users, it creates boards like our Holla Forums and communities like Holla Forums and/or freech

IBs were an interesting experiment, but the experiment was a complete fucking failure, as evident here

Maybe this all really is some government operation to destroy anonymous culture, and it looks like they fucking succeeded

Holla Forums will forever be my LAST imageboard

I feel like going to any of the alternatives suggested would just be letting shills win, I refuse to let any cocksucking shill win, no matter how bad the administration of this website becomes, it will nowhere near be as fucking awful as the shills spamming and causing drama

And any imageboard people will migraine to will ultimately be a dead graveyard chan, the userbase will continue dividing and diminishing until its dead

And this is exactly what the shills wanted too, way to fucking go

it has it's ups and downs.

whats your alternative?
Where else is there an open platform for free speech that isn't limited to small groups on IRCs or similar scenarios?

Naw, banning people based on IP address is a mistake, IBs in general were a shitty idea

There is no alternatives, I'll use the internet for data hoarding, games, and YouTube and that's it, I'm fucking done

Why isn't requiring accounts but keeping conversation anonymous a thing?

user, please, think of the memes

idk what i'd do without my memes.
i'd probably have to be productive or go outside
pls no ;-;

Also I'll add that I lost you at the shill stuff.
It's so much "he said, she said" painting in broad strokes bullshit the way people talk accuse others of being shills now.

If you want to talk about issues with imageboards how about we question how we manage to wear out all the meaning in so many words.

Your basing your view that free speech on the internet is dead from evidence single implementation of free speech. The flaws of IBs are technical flaws, not social flaws. And technical solutions have been/are being developed.
The lowest common denominator problem is the only aspect that is a social flaw, but that is a flaw in EVERY open community humans have ever created. If you want the benefits of an open community, idiotic participants are a constant.
Luckily it's not that big of a problem since the higher tier participants in the community can still have discussions by virtue of it being an open community, and simply ignore the content that they do not care for.

One main technical problem with imageboards is as you mentioned IP banning. Which can easily be solved with solutions such as or more sophisticated approaches where identity is managed via public-private keypairs in a decentralized system.

The primary problem which can be solved via technology is centralized ownership, which has been solved by NNTPchan.

Tbh nntpchan is the best for the future of the Holla Forumsnician race. Normie inability to navigate it is a good thing. Most of us get bottom befuddled when they make their way here anyways, so why not create an even more seekritive club?

You tried.jpg

Still vichan. Familiar, but shitty software.
If the site admins de-honeypot it and stop the cp spam it'll be usable, but just trying to go to the front page with that completely unnecessary "recent images" pane makes you feel like every alphabet agency at once is going to pounce on you when you're just trying to get to a discussion board.

normies can navigate nntpchan servers fine, as they look just like any other chan. Setting up a server is something a normie couldn't do, but in terms of setup nntpchan is one of the easiest chans to set up. I had a local server running in under 5 minutes.

tbh it depends on what you see as shitty. this software got 5 years of work on it. that's quite a lot of work no other package received.

What's honeypot about it? I remember lurking in a thread about this a couple weeks ago, but I've already forgotten.

nntpchan down? I cant find a working address

sarah67ffgglso5m.onion/
4m6lvvm2w4hbwntb.onion/
slamspeechicukxu.onion/ "back in a few"

Unless the spam was quelled, just look at that front page's "recent images" section.

those are dead. dead for a while.

here are the new ones:
i2p.rocks/ib/

nsfl.tk

2hu-ch.org

ucavviu7wl6azuw7.onion

oniichanylo2tsi4.onion

overchan.oniichan.i2p

lol wut

Good. I made a thread in their /operate/ to get their shit together, maybe they did that or the pedospammers stopped.

Sure you're not thinking of masterchan? I require a source

We got a shitton more globals and deleted a shitton of the CP, it was mostly shills.
endchan has a stricter CP policy than Holla Forums
t. endchan admin

Pedospammer is everywhere here too.

Pic related, not him

p.s: most of the CP was from a spam bot that was using our tor node.

Well yeah, no shit. At least here there isn't a "recent images" list you're forced to see on the front page.

It was a UI design done by the original dev of 8tailedlynx the UI we our based after.
I could do a poll on removing it.
T. Endchan admin

Accidental post jim plz delete you fucking hotpocketeering, mason, kike.

Not strict enough.
endchan.xyz/operate/res/3826.html

Very first responses are cp.

Looks like .pl it is.

I'm not going anywhere. Jim being a retarded newfag mod for a day doesn't mean we should pull the plug.

I mean look it's literally fucking fellatio, how is that not cp? Disgusting, allowing that garbage at all is disgraceful. Endchan is back on the honeypot list.

Please show me the children being exploited who will grow up to be crackwhores.

That IS why CP is illegal afterall. For the sake of the children's sanity. Or are you so blinded by your hate you don't even remember why you have your moral positions and just follow a herd mentality without ever thinking for yourself.

He was a faggot, has been called out as such, and he has acknowledged his mistake. The end.

Fuck your divide and conquer.

Fellate a gun.

Suck my dick faggot.

I'm tired of migration and drama and shills and dead altchans.

I'm staying.

Fellate a gun.

Way to literally be the type of person I am talking about. You're a fucking sheep dude. Use your fucking head for once.

How about you fucking die pedokike?

now you're getting it.

Truly shocking

Every fucking time. Jim is nuking your boards, faggots.

called the cops hope you enjoy jail pedokike faggot.
day of the rope can't come soon enough

You're really not making a convincing arguement. I would just stop posting if I were you because you're just digging a deeper hole and proving to other's reading that you're incapable reason.

If I see my freedoms being attack I will defend them. Simple as that.

Pick one you degenerate fuck.

FTFY

You are not free in any part of the world online or off except israel to be a pedokike.

motherfucker loli isn't cp.
degenerate yes, cp no.
learn the laws or fuck off pls.

By your logic, one should be perfectly content to post on reddit. You're an idiot.

Plus what is this "divide and conquer" shit you keep spewing? We're not a fucking union of any sort. We just shitpost on the internet. I'm sorry you're a retarded teenager that thinks imageboards have some kind of higher purpose.

Great false dichotomy 10/10

What's the next logical falacy you are going to pull out of your sophists handbook?

Except that I am free to view loli in my state.

I've just been lurking this thread and I'm seeing all these anti-loli "loli is cp" posts I would've agreed with not long ago.

Loli is degenerate and I think it's disgusting trash, but it's not CP, and not illegal.

No actual children are being harmed.
I'm not defending pedos, I'm not defending the degenerates who fap to lolis, and I'm not defending the retards who think a drawing should be illegal (seriously what is this the Middle East?).

You retards can all blow me.

pretty much this. I don't deny being degenerate. But it's certainly is not directly harming children, and some evidence points to it preventing harm.

I don't care if i'm degenerate, and Holla Forums folks shouldn't care if I am either, because it means I won't be reproducing and polluting your perfect little gene pool.

anonymous image forums are one of the last places where you are able to message to the public without being censored or shadowbanned like you get in popular social media sites

once people are divided into random sites alot of messages will get lost and truth and information will be easyer to hide and suppress

there is an upside to the many new splinter chans is higher quality content due to the lowest common denominator being statistically less likely to show up.

I take a zen view of the whole situation. From the ashes of each dead chan a new one will rise . Every death brings new opportunity for life.

It's like when a forest fire happens, it clears out all the undergrowth choking out new plants from growing and allows new trees to grow.

I vote for endchan, the sites been pretty good so far.

dammit, i'm still pissed about Jim lying about tor working.

I do have a domain. Maybe could spin up a VPS if I ever feel the need.

I'm probably going back to text only boards if this site goes down, image support was a mistake. Remove them from the equation and CP goes away. The only way I browse onion chans is with them turned off.

I'm not going to miss smug anime girls and CP spam if this site goes down.

Couple of sites mentioned on this board awhile back that aren't getting much attention:

guhnoo.org/ -Werchan, pretty dead
pastebin.com/HNp6NuSA -Big list of chans, most are dead
gopher://port70.net/1chan -Gopherchan, dead
bbs.progrider.org/prog/ -actually active textboard

ok remember from now on not to badthink its bad!!! see how easily something like "hatespeech" gets you permabanned on pol

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM$$$$$MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM$$$$7MMMMMMMMMMMMM7$$7MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM$7$7MMMMMMMMMMM7$$$$7MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM$$$MMMMMMMMM$$$$$$$MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM$$$MMMMMMM$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM$$MMMMN7$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$7$77MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM7N77$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$7Z7$$$$$$$$$MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM$$7$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$MN$7$$$$$MMMMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM$$7$$$$$$$7$$$$$$$OOOOOOOOOZ7$7$$$$$$$$$$$$MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM$$$$7Z$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO$77$$$$$OMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM$$$$$$$$$O$$$$$$$$$$$OOZ$7$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$7MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM7$$$$$$$$$$$$7$$$$$$$$$$$OOZOO$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM$$$777$$$$$$$Z7$$$$$$$$$$$$$OOO$OO$7$$$$$$$$$$$$$MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM$$$7$$$$$$$$$$$$$$I$$$$$$$$$$$$O$$OOZO$7$$$$$$$$$$$MMMMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMM$$$$77$$$$$$$$$$Z7$$+$$$$$$$$$$$$$O7$$$$$7$$$$$$$$$$$MMMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMMMM$$$$$Z$$$$$$$$$$$7$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$OZ7$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$7MMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMMN$$$$7O$$$$$$$$$$$7$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$7O$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$MMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMM$$$$$Z$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$MMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMM7$D$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$7$M7$$$$$$$$$7$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$7MMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMM$77$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.,$$$=$$$$$$8.ZZ$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$MMM$D$MMMMM
MMMMMMMN$$$$$$$7$$$$$$$$$$$$+,,N7$7,$$$$$M,,.ZOO$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$7MMZ7$MMMM
MMMMMM$$$$D7$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$:,MDMM$$,,7$$$$NMN,,ZOOOOO$$$$$$$$$$$$7Z=$$$$MM7$MMMM
MMMM7$$$$N7$$$$$$$$$7$$$$7,,,,,,,7$N,,D$$$$,,,,,,.MOOOOOOOZ7$$$$77=$$$$$$M7$MMMM
MMMMMMMMMM$$$$77$$$$$$$$$::~:,,D$$,,,,$$$M,:$::::,DOOOOOOOOO+8$$$$$$$8$$MMMM
MMMMMMMMMM$$7$$$$$$$N7$M=++++++=:,O$.,,,,,Z$=+++=++==~:,,,.OMNOM=$$$$$7$$$7MMMMM
MMMMMMMMMM$$$7$$$$$$,M~DMMMMMMM==:,,M,,,,,:~MMMM8OMMMO::,,.OOOO+ZOM$$$$$OZMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMZ$ND7$$$$$.,8MMMOOOOOOM~~,,,,,,,,:MMOOOOOOO .M,,,DOOOOOOO7ZOOZ77$MMMMMM
MMMMMMMMM7MM$$$$$$M,,M..OOOOOOOOM::,,,,,,,:.OOOMOOOOM..M,,$$$OODOO$$$$7M$$MMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMMM$$M$$OO,M .MOOMMOOOO.:,,,,,,,,:.ZOOM$7OOO..MM,7$$$$=~,7$$$7M$$MMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM$OOO.M..M.$=+=+OO.,,,,,,,,,,...=====OO..M,,$$$$8+=:M$$$7MZ7MMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM,OOO,?M...=====IN.,,,,,,,,,,.N======ON..M,$$$77??=~+$$$MMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM,O$$,,N$..+====8.,,,,,,,,,,,,..====OZ,MZ,,$$$$$?+=~NO$$MMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM,7$$,,,,MZ.DMM..,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,....ZN,,,,N$$$7?++~,OO$$MMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM$$$,,,:~,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:?,,$$$$$+=~:DMOZ$MMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM$$$,,,:~,,,,,,,,,,,,:,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I7$$$D~:MOMMOOOMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM$$$$,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,$$$$$IMNOOMMMOOMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM7$$$M,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,.I,,,,,,,,,,,,M7$$$$ZMMMOMMMMOMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM7$$$MM,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:=.M$,,,,,,,,,,,7$$$$8OMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMM7$$$7MMMM,,,,,,M,ID=,,,NZ777IM,,,,,,,,,O$$$$$OMOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMM$$$7$MMMMM=,,.,,:..,.,,,,:ZM,,,,,,,,,8O$$$$$DOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMM$$$$ZMMMMMN:.,,:.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,OZOOO$$$77OOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMM$$D$MMMMM.,,,:,,=,,N,,,,,,,,,:++=OOOOOOOOO$NOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMM7$M$MMMO,,,,8,,,,,,MM=7MI====?=~..~OOOONOOONMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMOMOZ$,,,,,,,,,,,~~+==+=~.......+I=8OOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMO$$$$,,,,,,,,,,:...==D~......I~~~M$$$$$$$$$MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM$$$$$$,,,,,,,,,,....==..:...M.....Z$$$$$$$$$$MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM$$$$$$$7,,,,,,,,,.:..+...~. .....~$$$$$$$$$$$$MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMM$$$$$$$$8,,,,,,,,,=...+...~........$$$$$$$$$$$$$MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMZ$$$$$$$$D,,,,,,,,,.O... ..........~$$$$$$$$$$$$$$MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMMM$$$$$$$$$$D,,,,,,,,,..N==...........N$$$$$$$$$$$$$$MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMMM$$$$$$$$$$.,,,,,,,, ..I==..........:$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMM$$$$$$$$$D....,,,., ..=====I........M$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMD$$$$$$$Z......... .....:==..........O$$$$$$$$$$$$$$MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMM$$$$$MOO.........M. ....,==........ 8OO$$$$$$$$$$$$$$MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMM$$$$ZOO.......... M.......=~.........OOO$$$$$$$$$$$$$MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMM$$$ZOO...........N~.................OOOOOZ$$$$$$$$$$$$MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMM$$ZOOOOO........... M...............:OOOOOO$$$$$$$$$$$$$MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Ah damn it, I fucked it up.

quality post friend

Test 2

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM+=+=~,??=?~I?~DMM+==++?+=~:,I==::++=?+I++??INMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM+~:~:=,,+~+~=I=,N . MM8 7.=: I:I.=~=+ Z:O,,O,O.MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMM.=.= ? ~,:7.I MD . ZM,. ~:~ ,==:.:?~:.~.:~,MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMMMM~7:7 Z 7 =7,M.DM . . M..I., =~,+.?., +.~ .MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMMDD=.$:8 $,$,?O.NM .. .. . . ..MO ..:.$... .. ....MMMMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMD$:::=?.I.$,=I,N+. . . . . N$ . ..= . .. MMMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMM?~=:,::+:,:=~~~+. ..... ... ... . . .MI............. ...MMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMM~?=?~:+~==~7~:+M . M.~.: . . . :~I .MMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMM+~$.7.~I:I,+~?,M .. ....M.O 8:= . .,?~I,MMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMI.$.I,.=.~.?.+ ~. .. . . . .....N=+,+=?.=.+:=~,MMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMI,=.,.,~. ,.. M . .......... . . .. .......~.:,,=,.+ .~.MMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMM......,...~. ... ....... ....... ... ........?=~Z~7,.,,:,MMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMM .. ... ......M . . .. . ... . M... ........ =7.8 8:+I.$MMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMM ............. M... .M. . . . . :M$ .. ..Z+8,7,Z:~+.MMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMM. ............ .. ? .. .. . . . .. ..... .M O O:~?.?MMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMM. . . ... ... M.. ...I ..............................~.?,?M:=.MMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMM7=...~..=,=O +~ ................................8?.?~8~ :MMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMM::~,::,:, :,,:8:. .............................. ......M?,7 ~+ MMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMI:~=,I.+.:?.+:M . ..........................ZZ... MMMMM=?.:~.=MMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMM.??.$ ?.,?,+ ?D. ........................M ..:MMMM$IIIM+=~?,.MMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMM.D.~7,8 I::I 7... .......................$...MMMMMMMN...8,I:Z: MMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMZ,II.Z.7,+=~~ 8 . ... .....................M=M MMMMMM. ..?:+M.:MMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMM $ .?.O.?.:$.IM . ........M?...............N..MMMMM:M~ ...O$~M+ MMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMM=.,: ~ ~....:.M ,DMMMMMO ..................7=~Z.O.Z ...M:~O ~MMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMM:8~:?,O,?:.I I+ MMMMMMMMMM+... ................M=.Z 8,...N8I~?=.MMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMM~I~~=,?~+.,~:+MMM .M.MMMMN8 .....................78INI....:=:~.=MMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMM~7:=+,$:I,.8~?M. . MMMMMN?Z....................~?..........7:??,MMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMM..::.~,:,,.M,7 . 7=M ?,~+ .......................... +$ .+I IMMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMM~ +? M =,..M.$ . N+.I,,Z..........................Z ~ +.$ :~,MMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMM Z:+IM8.7,:M.M.. . . . 8O ...............................Z.:,:MMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMM.$I.M.$:+:++M.,, ,M ....................................N=7,:MMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMM8.~7 Z 7:~+.Z.. ................... 7....................N:~= MMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMM.++.8,I,~~.=I.......................DM . ................M++..MMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMO:,I.I,?::=.=....7+ $ ....................................M:~, MMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMM.77,M.8:+:~~. N. ......................................M=Z .MMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMZ,:=M?:?:.+. D . . .......................................M=M=.MMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMM~~,M,:.~ .,...................................MM.........M?O..MMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMM++:M~+::::+M, M ..........................N . M........ 8:M: MMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMM.:?,$.O,:+,M$=M+M................... OM: ....,.........MZ=M:.MMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMM$I,~,ZD+.=~MZ.M.8M.............M. .......... ..........MM.+M:,MMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMM~? I ?.:M.M.=MIN7M ............ II..................MMMM+~M~.MMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMM, :.:. M:M:~O M:=MM ............................ =,.M.M,~M..MMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMM?+ Z:?M~M:M:M,?M+8:M?MN ....................... M...,MM7,M:.MMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMM,IN7.M++=MIMD~M+=OMNMIMMM? ................. M,......M.?N: MMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMM:.M?==.+MM+I=MM+$+MOM?MM:MMMM+ ........... M.........M?~~=,MMMM?.MMMMMM
MMMMMMMMM M~: M~M?, ~M$.7:DDM$M7.MMMMM7MMMN. ... IMD..........M,N+?M~ .:=ZMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMM:.7 ,.+, I.?.=$?$.MOMN,MMMM:M MM8$MMMDM~. .......... 7.M~N... .MMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMM7Z8$.+M+MMOMM.8N~MMMMMMMMMM,MM?N:MM,INM$............ .IMZ . MMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMM.M.$,?+N8.D MMIM M.M7MMMMMMD?$+MM. O$ .............O7,?M .,MMMM~ MMM
MMMMMMMMMMM??,==M+$D:O$M$MOM7M~MMOMOI7ZZDD...N.............. N,D~.. ........MMMM
MMMMMMMMMMM=DI.==+DMZMOD:M DNM7MM=N+N8I??N .. .............. :ZMN.Z ...MMMMMNMMM

Yeah I'll have to work on my smug anime text pictures.

8ch.net/test

thanks.

It's questionable whether they were accidental or not.

You don't know what my window resolution or browser settings are. It might look fine to you but it's gibberish to me unless it's incredibly small.

I'm working on it.

▓▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓█░░░▒▒▒▒▒█▓▓▒▒▒▒▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▓▓▓▒▒▒▓░▓▓▓▓▒▓▓█▓▓▓▒▒▒
▓▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▒░░░▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▒▒▒▒▒▒░░▓▓▓▒▒█▓▓█▓▓▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▒▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓█▓▒░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░▓▓▓▓▒▒▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▒░▒▓▓▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▒▒
▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▒▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓░░▒▓▓█▓▒▒▒▓░▓▓▓▓▒▒▓▓▒▒▒▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▒░▓▓▓▒▒▒░░▓▓▓▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▒▒
▒▒▒▓▓▓▒▒▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▒░░░░░░▓▒▓▓█░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▓▒▒▒▓▒▒▒▒▓▒▓░░░░▒▓▓▒▒▓░░░▓▓▒▒▒▓▒▓▓▓▒
▒▒▒▓▓▒▒░▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓█▓▓▓▓▒▒▒░▓▒▒▒▓▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█░▒▒▒░▓▓▒▓▒░▒▓█▓▒▒▒▓░▓▓▓▒
▒▒▓▓▓░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░▒▓▓▒▒░░░▒▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░▒███████████▓▒▒▒▓▒▓▓▓▒
▒▒▓▓▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▓█████████████▒▒▒▒▒▓░░░░█▒▒▒▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▓▓███▓▒▓▓▓▒▒▒████▓▒▒░▒▓▓▒
▒▒▓▓▒░░░░█▓█████▓▒████▓▓▓████▓▒▒▒▒▒░▒▓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓██▓░█████████▓▒▒███▒░░▓▓▒
▒▓▓█░░░░████▓▒▒███████████░▒▓██▒▒▒▓▓▒▓░░░▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▒██▒▒▓▓▒▒▓███████▒▒▓██▓░█▓▒
▒▓▓▒░░████▓░▒▓▓▒▓██████████▒░▒▓█▓█▒▓░░░░░░▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒░░▒▒░░░░░░░░███████▓▒▓██▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓░▓████▒▒░░░░░░░▓▓▓███████░▒░░░░▒▒▓░░░░░░▓▓▓▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▓▓▓█████▒▒███▓▓▒
▒▒▓█████▒░░░░░░░░░░█▓▓▓█▓▓▓██░▒░░░░░▒▓░░░░░▒▓▓▓▒▒░░░░░░░▓▒░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▒▒▒██▓▓▒
▓▒█░███▒▒░░░░░░░░░▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓██▒░░░░░░░░▓░░░░░▓▓▒▓░░░░░░░░██▓▒▒▓░░▓▓▒▓▓██▒▒▒██▓▓▒
▓▒▓░███░░░░░█▓▒▒▓█▓░░░░▓▓▒▓▓█▒░░░░░░░░░▒░░░░▒▒▓░░░░░░░░░█▓▒▒▒▓░░▓▓▒▒▓▓█▒░▒█▓▓▒▒
▓▒▓░███▒░░░░██▓▓▒▒▓▒░░░▓█▒▒▓█▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░░░░██▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▒▒▓██░░▒█▓▓▒▓
▒▓▓░███░░░░░██▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓█▒▒▓█▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒██░░▓▒▒▒▓▓
▒▓▓░███░░░░░██▓▒▒▒▒█████▒▒▒▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░▓█▒░░░▓▓▓▓▓
▒▒▓░░██▒░░░░░██▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▒░░░░▓░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓█▓▒▒▒▒▒░░░░▒░░░░▒▓▓▓▓
▒▒▒▓░░░█░░░░░▒██▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓█▓▒▒▒▒█░░░░░░░░▒▓▓▓▓
▒▒▒▒▓░░░░░░░░░▒██▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒███████▒░░░░░░▒▓▓▓▒
▒▒▒▒▒▓░░░░░░░░░░███████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓▓▒▒
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▓████▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▒▒▒▒
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▓░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒░▓▓▒▒▒▓▓
▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓
▒▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▓▒▒▓▓░░▒▓▓█▒
▒▒▓▓▓▓▒▒▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓█▓▓
▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▓▒▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▒▒░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▓░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓▒▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▓░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓▒▒▒▒▒

There it looks good.

I like endchan. If we all were to move to 8ch.pl we would eventually end up with the same problems we have on Holla Forums. Tinyboard, Vichan, and Infinity a SHIT.

smug/ju

-――――――‐-        ,                    、       /                     \     /                        \    /       l                      ヽ            ハ      l 、     l   l         .    |       .l  /  、     | \   |、  |          |    |      /| ./   ヽ   |   \ |\ |          |    |     / |/  ./   \  | ` ーヽ‐ 、 ヽ         |          /, ― '      \|   , ===ミ. V    /   { /  , ==ミ、      〃{//////ハヽ |        、  /    V 〃////ハ         V/////:ノ  |  lへ    ヽ  く //     ヘ { {/////ノ         ====  |  |^ }    \   |      、 ヾ ==              / /  |  ' ./   トー'   |       } / /           ハ      | .// | 、 |    .  ハ  {         ‐r―‐ ´ }     /|/    .| \|    ∨    ヽ、       、__ ノ  , イ    ハ. |        | ハ ハ>‐/^^^^ヽ‐r-r:<ハ:ミ<Λ/∨ ヽ|        |/ ∨ ∨/===/ヽ_> | ∨ ./ <  /  |           /    ./\ | ハ/ /  /   .|

I'll be screwing around on >>>/test/29577 to preserve the smug even if the boards are text-only.

as an nntpchan node operator, i know from experience we won't gain much traction for quite a while but we're always open for users and nodes. put us in your bunker list. :3

mandatory link dump:
active nodes:
i2p.rocks/ib/
nsfl.tk
2hu-ch.org
ucavviu7wl6azuw7.onion (that me!~ :3 i have little bandwidth tho ;_;)
oniichanylo2tsi4.onion

nntpchan can easily do text-only. in fact that's what some nodes on darknet do when they pussy out.
my shilling aside, i think progrider is the best bet when it comes to Holla Forums textboards since it's pretty much the unofficial successor to 4chan/prog/.

rude moralfag ;_;

i think you're screwing up shift_jis. those are to be viewed in MS PGothic or Mona fonts. try putting it in [aa] tag.

>try putting it in tag[aa]  r'´:/:::::::,イ:::::::::: |::jハ;:::::::::ヽ:::::::::::\  |::/::::::::/│::::::::::|::| |::::ヽ:: ',:::::|:::::::..',  !:l:::::::/ ̄|::::::::::// ̄|:::从:: |:::::|::::::::::rヘ .ノ:|::::/ ___レヘ:::::/ ___V  ';::|:::::|::::::::::|:::::.i !:::{从rテ示  ∨ rテ示7 V::::::|::::::::/::::: |/:::::::::リ ヒソ     ヒソ /::::::/::::::/:::::::::||:::::::: ′ /////////// /:::::::「`)イ::::::::::::||:::::::小、   ヽフ    /::::::::::r'  |:::::::::::::||∧:::| l::> .. _     .イ::::::::::/  |:::::::::::::|l| V !:::::::::|rュr勹   フ::::/V    |:::::::::::::|    |:::::/ん)´  /:/ン勹ぅ- 、│:::::::::::|
They were already used.

Is your systerm correctly using the Mona font?
         レ'´  . , /    ヽ ミY,ニヽ           //  . ://      }  |{_jリノ 

Gondola always manages to tap into those deep emotions, it's surprising every time.

Personally from what I've seen, there's always someone throwing accusations about the (lack of) security on each board, (such as here ) but personally I think 8ch.pl is a good option. I don't know enough about other boards to really have an opinion. In defense of pl using vichan, it's run by one of the original programmers, so he could fix problems when they come up.

fugged the first one. because of the quote
orz

So by your logic, nobody should be against loli, since that's censorship and therefore divide and conquer. Jesus Christ, you're a fucking idiot.

k it's good. i'm baka and forgot that i reinstalled os.

You're right. Loli isn't CP nor should it be illegal.

Its still trash and I don't want it anywhere near me.

If you're ok with mods deleting things for personal reasons why not just stay on halfchan?

Official thread theme

sweet Rei tang me now

The quality of the website drops as boards interact more often, as userbases increase. You get overlapping, Holla Forumsinux threads, Holla Forums's constant shitposting turning up in /fit/, "board culture" shit, etc. There has to be a way to prevent Holla Forums 2.0 on the next board.

I'm not okay with it. I'm arguing with a faggot that thinks that things need to be banned because they're "degenerate".

I wanna get off this wild ride

This tbh fam

I should also mention no matter where you fucking go it'll ultimately be dead since Holla Forums and Holla Forums are too loyal to the site and aren't going to leave

I remember when we first came here, an user said something about pedophiles being like Canaries. "Sure they are annoying shitting all over your mine carts but if they start dropping dead you should get the fuck out of the mine because SJWs are gassing the place"

What'd Jim do that was bad? I only really loathed Josh.

depends, jim has pissed off Holla Forums and its BO pretty hard
Mark seems to be on good terms which might be his saving grace, but Holla Forums is up and ready to leave

Everyone is loyal to 8ch, but hotwheels was part of what made 8ch, well, 8ch, and if Jim just goes fucking sideways with how he runs the site, its not 8ch, not the 8ch hotwheels made for us.

just like 4chan, people were loyal to 4chan and moot... until he betrayed us and made 4chan something else

But that's wrong you fucking retard. 8ch.pl is using a redis memory store for file_write.
I vote for 8ch.pl just because it makes it easier for you fags.

Also since everyone is making glorified nntpchan frontends its all going to work out, hopefully.

(checked)
THIS.
I'll be on endchan. I'll meet up with you all when everything is hooked to nntpchan.

Holla Forums is fine, lot of people were happy Jim was banning some pedos.

Holla Forums has been subjected to a lot of endchan and .pl shilling though.

endchan bans pedos you silly shill.

Endchan seems like the way to go. Posting works well. It just needs some css work, and some features added.

Jim range banned entire IP ranges globally for shitposting and lied about it saying he only banned CP posters.

That was a lie. The pedos are just a scapegoat in this. Listen, the content may be distasteful, but they are within the limits of the law. Once you start down that road, it's only a matter of time until this place gets turned into a safe space because after a while being a Nazi will also be too controversial and attract too much bad attention. It's only a matter of time.

We let this happen; our complacency made it so. We should have forked this site ages ago and swore never to come back after Jim took over the servers. But like that picture of the dog we let the fire keep burning because we were okay with it.

Let us be honest with ourselves: what are imageboards anymore? A bunch of sour old farts and 2edgy4me high schoolers acting retarded and circlejerking about the imageboard flavor-of-the-week or the next "dank" maymay? Shit I haven't seen a meme I liked in a very long time. Even the OC is genuinely terrible half the time. It's oftentimes so bad I am forced to look through the dark regions of my reaction images just to find things to post.

Holla Forums itself, despite the fact it's all about technology, unironically mocks all technology that doesn't fit their narrow standards. You could be talking about a free as in price CPU that you can get as many as you want perpetually forever but half this goddamned board will cry about the schematics and the firmware and boo fucking hoo this or that or some other shit no one fucking cares about.

Don't even get me started on the Tor debacle. Jim is so hell-bent on preventing Tor access that even accessing the site through a proxy with Tor is fucked in a matter of days.

Sometimes I wonder why I even bother with these places. It's probably like an old dog. I constantly wish it will get better if I just keep coming back and trying to bring back the magic. But it's gone. Like so many bottles of vodka.

This.

I'm fucking tired of Jews buying out the 'chans. Hirojewki Nishimurowitz and Jim Watkinstein now have control of the internet's most popular English-language imageboards, and then some.

moot and kikewheels were faggots, but they were OUR faggots. We revered them as the creators of our favorite memeries. They fucked up every now and then, but when push came to shove they did what was best for us.

Now we've lost this place. 'Twas inevitable. An "infinitely-expanding" imageboard with an owner in poor health was bound to be sold out.

Our communities cannot continue to fracture, or we will have no bones left to break.

Anonymous has a future, that's for sure. The problem is what kind of future we have. Where do we go without our origins, imageboards?

I kind of have to second this. I despise pedoshit, but now that they're wiped out it just means Jim will be enticed to banish other anons in order to make this site more mainstream. The slippery slope is real.

Jim is going as far as word filtering alternative imageboards on /operate/ to try to suppress the migration. Who knows what else he will do? He says pedos have to go but free speech will remain a part of the site, and yet he word filters alternatives. Shady as fuck

no, Holla Forums is pretty pissed and pretty worried, and banning their bo just for calling out the admin as user, is a pretty big batch of fuel to the flame

no, hotwheels was our faggot, moot used to be, long long ago, but he sold out, he sold out for jews and feminist pussy he was never going to get. he tarnished everything he ever did, and every memory we had of him

at least hotwheels can be remembered having simply burnt out, not as a traitor

he's doing that shit? fuck, man.

Sorry I'm out of the loop, I usually just post in Holla Forums and /k/.

8ch.net/settings.php?board=operate

wordfilters":[["8ch.pl","8ch.net"],["nntpchan","8ch"],["NNTPchan","8ch"],["Lynxchan","Holla Forums"],["lynxchan","8ch"],["ENDCHAN.XYZ","8ch.net"]]

RMS warned us. We didn't listen.

Moot was always a fucking faggot that wanted to do more than running a shitty site. He tried and failed, so he sold out when he realized he was getting too fucking old for being a teenager on the internet. Hotwheels knew he was never going to be famous or rich because he's a fucking cripple midget so he did the bro thing and gave us this place, but he was too weak to keep it. I don't blame hotwheels other than not admitting that he can't do it anymore. Josh was a fuckup, but at least he also had no malicious intent. Jim was a fucking faggot from the very beginning, it seems, and he'll be the death of this site.

I'm fucking done, m80s. I'm also getting too fucking old to play on the internet. I have to move on.

Jim is technically the board owner of /operate/, he can do whatever the fuck he wants with it, you really shouldn't give a fuck unless he starts meddling with other boards (he rangebanned IPs globally but apparently he was just fucking with shit)

Fuck off cuck

He globally range banned tons of innocent people then decided to suppress migration attempts by word filtering alternatives. He shouldn't have handed out global range bans like candy if he didn't want to force a migration

way to be the person who killed imageboards champ, the same crowd who killed Holla Forums, no-effort posting fuckheads

Endchan only bans 3D shit.
Endchan allows 2D loli.

It's still kind of bad form for the owner of a site founded on free speech to restrict speech like that.
I guess I'll keep watching shills on both sides shilling and try to sift through the shit like always

get real.

the Holla Forums board owner bans dissent on Holla Forums all the fucking time.

Holla Forums is ground zero for concern trolling because a. people are mad about free speech on the Internet and b. because people can't handle the banter.

I'm not comfortable with banning any kind of legal content, really. At least it scares away the normalfags. Remember when this thing first got popular? Fucking "Too extreme for 4chan".

This is the first real alternative that's worked and now it's about to die. This fucking sucks.

which is what people are chimping out over.

Fuck off.
Exist two options.
Lainchan and penumbra.netwrok.

Or a better option, create a bunker of us like the meidos did.

one faggot board owner is just one faggot board, one faggot admin, compromises every single board on the site
one faggot board owner has his own rules and can do what he wants and also anybody can make a new board if he's a major faggot

one faggot admin, is banning people who criticism him and there is no recourse aside form setting up your own chan or leaving

you know this will be posted wherever you shill kalyx, right?
cyberlife.unsafe.space/kalyx.html

76chan or 314chan pls

but I just want to stay here as long as possible though
;_;

cyberlife.unsafe.space/hall_of_faggotry.html
Who are these faggots and what are they talking about?

I was glad to see Parley doing it again

whoops

Lainchan is a shithole filled with leftists circlejerking over wether or not shit is schway.

kalyx took donations and spent them on mac shit, he's honestly, worse than jim, by far, now thats saying something

That's the worthless faggot that runs the poserville known as lainchan.

He jerked off on cam once.

Until there is a better alternative.

nntpchan with ipfs

so I guess you never posted on 4chan?

either way it's irrelevant since the global bans were a mistake and Codemonkey is the new admin.

That's an outright lie and you know it. This is not Jim's first rodeo.

If you shitstabbers can't handle a little loli, you really shouldn't be on imageboards

Holy Christ, stay. We've lost nobody of importance (apparently the administration and volunteers that walked and made a stink about it on Holla Forums were just IRC circlejerkers who didn't do much) and have everything to gain by Jim staying the fuck away from administration (like he wants to) and Codemonkey assuming the mantle of admin.

I think Jim had an absolutely massive, colossally stupid, irreparable-for-many fuckup, but I also think it was legitimately just an old man's fuckup and we'd be stupid to not stay, especially when every other option is even shadier or more broken in different ways than 8ch.

CP and dubiously-legal kids' photos aren't a buffer against the normies no matter how many people try to conflate it as such and loli is a totally different legal area. It can stay gone.

I'm going to Montana for to throw a hoolahan.

Funny how it's always endchan that people who are "leaving right now" are going to, yet they always seem to be here every time to announce that they're leaving.

imageboards shouldn't be this serious...

We just need more memes tbh

Being triggered by loli is the easiest way to tell a newfag.

come on, that poll is useless

i vote endchan. one of the admins seems like a nice dude

8ch.pl and endchan.xyz are fertile ground

.pl has at least a 40 MB file size limit and endchan has a 350 limit

You know shills are active when they use the filesize limits as bait to attract people who don't know any better.

user I am presently encoding old toonami shows to post on their respective Holla Forums boards

see test run
endchan.xyz/a/res/182.html#q1644

I have not read the whole thread and am jsut not finishign the op image

I jsut wanted to throw that out there but I don't think their respective servers are strong enough right now

and I don't want freech becasue it does not have a Holla Forums or Holla Forums and a bunch of other boards I like

The server is going to implode if they ever get a lot of traffic and keep those file limits.

Therefore trying to initiate migration by advertising the filesize limit is a lie.

Considering how cancerous Holla Forums's Top 25 boards, please, don't go anywhere.

I'm pretty sure I just said their servers are not strong enough to handle it

checked tho even if you're acting like a faggot

The only thing that can actually fight the cancer is proper moderation, but proper moderation is something that ishard to implement.

user I'm too tired for shitposting

I was really just thinking a slow board with high file size limit would allow us to share well compressed videos and programming books

You sound like an SJW. Chill the fuck out.

Of course it is, until people actually start using it and the server can't take people uploading and loading gigantic files all the time. And getting people to use it is exactly what you're trying to do, invalidating your entire premise.

At least they have actuall discussions about technology and programming.

Holla Forums is fine.

endchan seems to have grown out of the GGR board which really only existed to fuck with the other GG board which in the end ruined both of them.

Also Stephen Lynx shilled the hell out of Lynxchan but 5 months after Next stopped development Lynxchan is still worse.

No. They don't. I've tried. All they care about is if shit is schway or not. Its fucking sad.

IDK what you're talking about. I just opened lainchan.org/index.html and I see pretty good discussions. At least better than threads about Desktops, Browser Wars and another Article About SJWs in IT.
But anyways, do you really expect some scientists or at least PhD people discuss some serious bullshit on image-boards?

Cool fake screenshot faggot.

How do you do, fellow kids?

Maybe they've changed, but I was there about a year ago and tried to start a thread about Tor. Basically all the replies were. "I don't use Tor because I'm not a criminal." Most of threads I saw were shit like, "Is X schway?" and paeans to Marx and communism. I could only handle it for about three days.

>But anyways, do you really expect some scientists or at least PhD people discuss some serious bullshit on image-boards?
As a scientist (not a computer scientist) I would love for this to happen.

well fair point user

If we split the userbase, we're done. Rip, sayonara, da svidanya. No more large enough imageboards to sustain a healthy discussion where you can get replied to in a matter of minutes other than 4chan. If you don't consider that a bad thing then you're delusional, period.

So if we're migrating, people, you bastards better have a really damning argument against administration. If you're gonna raise a drama and split the userbase even further, all that you will accomplish is killing 8ch as we know it and creating 9ch, 10ch and 11ch, three chans with small enough populace that will peacefully die after four or six years since no new blood will come in. Just look at fucking THP for an example, if you excuse my faggotry.

So for now, unless we have an incident, shut up and stay here. Endchan is arguably bad since lel drybones, plchan is a valid alternative in case shit goes south and nttpchan is great in theory but there's a ton of landmines that you have to not step on.

Do you have any idea how many times this has happened since 4chan was founded? Over a dozen.

Jim talking about shit in this Holla Forums thread:

You can't convince shills not to shill, user. Unless maybe if you pay them. Most of them probably aren't paid, they're just brainwashed into thinking that what they're doing is totally harmless and won't have massively important overarching consequences, and that their imaginary utopia can be built in a website like this but it will only work if it isn't this one.

Learn to cross link

>>>Holla Forums9310585

I know how to crosslink I've just been looking at other threads so I didn't notice I left out an arrow ;_;

So they're communists?

Holla Forums was right

Holla Forums won

Holla Forums

Fuck off back to /operate/ & global ban more people for calling you out / criticizing your fragile feelings, pig farmer.

The fiery and the snuffy are raring to go

jim

Turn our faces to the west and we'll ride the prairie that we like the best.

proverb?

We all know you ground both Josh and Hotwheels into pig food after murdering them, want to come clean?

One went to Denver, and the other went wrong.

If we move onto decentralized alternatives we do build a better tomorrow, though.

GUYS, CAN WE STOP FUCKING AROUND!

IT'S CLEARLY END-CHAN
-largest current userbase
-not based on infinity broken
-run by decent people
-boards are already well developed and functioning

Let's face it. We wanted a new bastion of freedom. But seeing as nowhere wants the pedos, we must leave our canaries behind.

See you on endchan.

Just go and stay in your dead honeypot.

Endchan is OK, I guess.
The only problems I can think of are user-created boards (that clearly does not work) and the fact that if most of Holla Forums will leave there it will become as cancerous as Holla Forums itself.

In which sense do you think user-created boards don't work?

What a fag. What we need is some algorithm to advertise rising boards and ban all default halfchan board names.

Oy Jim, What are the favorite components of your breakfast?

He created an alternative to a top board and nobody used it because they didn't care.

Does anyone keep a log of NNTPchan irc discussions? Can you link me to it? I would like to read it to catch up.

I think it's time just to ignore Jim like any other shitposting autist.

The biggest tragedy here is some people are going to stay on Holla Forums forever because the fatman has taken the approach of calling anyone who insults him a pedophile.

"I only deleted CP. If you disagree, you're a pedophile."
"Ha ha, you're going to leave because I deleted hard core child pornography? Begone, pedophile!"

He's like any other politician or bureaucrat. This is how we get laws that censor the Internet. They always name them after stopping child pornography.

I have my znc logs from the last couple of months. Any idea how to cat them together in a meaningful way.
If I just cat them together normally, you'd end up with time stamps without logs.

Too true user, and well said.

How about just the meeting between everyone yesterday?

Fuck off and kill yourself, retard.

They will have to be dragged out(banned) kicking and screaming. Even when they had(still have) their daily pedo thread in Holla Forums which was meant to be a containment thread these assholes used to post their sick content outside of that thread.

German Servers

That's yesterday's log with UTC timestamps.
ghostbin.com/paste/9xf68

Thx you

what? why?
I don't care about conspiracies about jews at all but I care about this

As far as I know, Codemonkey wanted to reupload current Holla Forums software but first he wanted to ask czaks about something.

HA HA HA HA!

i mean sure he can do whatever he wants on his board, including shooting himself in the face with the streisand effect. almost no one cared about nntpchan until it got word filtered, no offense jim you're a cool guy but that was a really short sighted choice.

i know first hand how brutal the Holla Forums firehose is being hit by it before via topchan and i2p.rocks but at least learn from 4chan's mistakes, that's why we're here, right?

Shitting the server with half-dead boards that are being created each day is good?

schemingjew.jpg

no one cared who i was until i put on the mask

Does endchan run on free software?

YES!
IT RUNS ON GLORIOUS LYNXCHAN
lynxchan > never ever next

It's not good, but it's not that much of a problem.

BASED LYNXCHAN YOU SAY??

WELL SIGN ME THE FUCK UP

🇧🇷🇧🇷🇧🇷🇧🇷🇧🇷🇧🇷🇧🇷🇧🇷🇧🇷🇧🇷🇧🇷🇧🇷🇧🇷🇧🇷🇧🇷🇧🇷🇧🇷🇧🇷🇧🇷🇧🇷🇧🇷🇧🇷🇧🇷🇧🇷🇧🇷🇧🇷🇧🇷🇧🇷🇧🇷🇧🇷🇧🇷🇧🇷🇧🇷🇧🇷🇧🇷🇧🇷🇧🇷🇧🇷🇧🇷🇧🇷🇧🇷🇧🇷🇧🇷🇧🇷🇧🇷🇧🇷🇧🇷🇧🇷🇧🇷🇧🇷🇧🇷🇧🇷🇧🇷🇧🇷🇧🇷🇧🇷🇧🇷🇧🇷🇧🇷🇧🇷🇧🇷🇧🇷🇧🇷🇧🇷🇧🇷🇧🇷🇧🇷🇧🇷🇧🇷🇧🇷

Breakfast is one component. Columbian coffee, hand picked by Juan Valdez.

Hang yourself yoga pig.

Oh nice

When will you make codemonkey integrate NNTPchan boards into Holla Forums?

When it makes him money.

E.G. Never

pretty much this
money is hard D:

hahaha he's not in it for the money XDDDDD he's not le merchant meme XDDDDD trust him

I like how even after Firetires shows he's completely untrustworthy and gets himself shitcanned for the exact reason he cut Next, Fat Jim decides to keep him employed as a "Tech Consultant" and pay him to add more shitty features to shitty Vichan. He's basically the office pet cripple at this point.

Why wouldn't it? There would be more boards, Holla Forums would be more future proof, you can slap ads on top of it anyway, and you can keep Holla Forums's own boards intact too.

Also having Holla Forums's boards in the mix would make this website more attractive than other NNTPchan nodes that are connected, to most people anyway.

Because

1) More dangerous content.
2) More moderation requirements on fewer staff members.
3) No ability to nuke subnets of incoming posts.
4) Yoga Pig is still paying Cripplekike for code, so he'd have to pay him for this new feature. That alone would take months and thousands of dollars and still probably not even fucking work right.
5) All of the above effort and risk for what ultimately doesn't get more advertisers.

And that excuses it how?

If more boards was a bad idea and cost too much moderation effort, then he'd delete most of the 11000 boards we currently have.

He's fucking working on it, for sure.

With each new chan user concentration goes down as we dilute ourselves across several other sites. I dunno if I'll ever shitpost with any of you again. Godspeed Holla Forumss and pedos.

Holy shit you Holla Forums shills are pathetic.

Nigga are you high or something? They(Dad and Son) duo just took over. Hotwheels had a system of deleting dead boards but never implemented it. They probably are having a relook at the system.

Whats with you hyper kiddies that want everything yesterday?

Here's a log from the past month:
sprunge.us/fBHE

Dear Board Owner,

I've done some thinking about this, and it really seems like maybe the best thing we could do is open a "chan" up for ourselves. Holla Forums's niche community is what made it great and moving it elsewhere is going to create issues, infringing on the people that are all ready there. 8ch.pl seems as if I'd get arrested just for browsing it.

Endchan seems like it would be a viable option providing we can't find anything else, but I always loved the layout and design of InfintyChan and losing that to something else would suck some major cock.

Lying won't fix the site any faster you faggotface.

The D&C is real

Several of the smaller imageboards were made by people who come here.

Moving from imageboard to another is clearly not working, we need to stick to one place until we're ready to evolve into decentralized/distributed system.

He wasn't deleting dead boards, he was deleting boards that he thought were inappropriate regardless of legality, for example one board where people roleplayed as the little girl via text, had nothing to do with images. Also range banned dozens of blocks globally for making fun of him, not for posting CP.
See, you're just making convenient excuses for him. So he can say "I only deleted CP, if you disagree ur a pedo" or "I only deter dead boards, if you disagree ur wrong."
By the way, your explanation doesn't make sense because it was he himself who was so gung ho about not deleting dead boards.

Lurk all chans, don't limit yourself to one

I didn't imply or say that deleting those boards were about dealing with the dead board problem. That is something else.

The dead board problem is a different problem which, while being tangentially related to the pedo problem has been festering for a long time ever since Hotwheels refused to at first implement his own dead board deletion policy, then completely abandoned it in favor of 'no board expiration' .

I think its worth a relook whether the no board expiration ever is a wise idea.

Open up automatic 'first come first serve' claims if board owner has not been active for 2 months

Delete board if the board has not seen activity for 2 months

That's what I would do.

Yeah. That sounds reasonable.

(Adding On). We used to have something like this policy earlier

The dead board problem isn't a problem. Even if they eliminated all inactive boards it'd still be well above the JOIN limit. And you definitely suggested that was the case. Are you having a stroke or did you just forget what you said only a few moments ago?

Deleting boards solves nothing but reducing clutter. Clutter isn't a problem, the problem is this software being broken shit, hotwheels despising his users and jims actions yesterday. Deleting boards wouldn't solve a thing, get you mentally retarded faggots always bring it up.

Deleting boards isn't necessary. It's not like statically cached files stored on disk or DB entries stored in a different table take many resources (well, they take HDD storage, but we have plenty of that to use).

First come first serve sounds like a good way to handle dead boards, though. It doesn't make much sense to apply this to alive boards since any goon could come and fuck the userbase's shit up just because the previous owner disappeared. A smart policy would be opening first-come-first-serve for boards that hadn't received a post in 1 month, and an appeal system for boards that are still active.

Did not link dead board problem and clutter or software at all.

Main point about dead boards is that these are unattended and no one is responsible for them. In other words this has nothing to do with software.

Deleting dead boards could in theory help with activity. The current board claim system is a pile of ass, being able to just create a new board would make things a lot easier, and probably better since it doesn't have a load of shit already in it.

There's some dead as fuck boards that I've wanted in the past but I don't want to bother trying to claim it through hotwheels.

Also this image preview on endchan is sure to piss some people off.

I guess I shouldn't even have humored this retarded discussion because now the rest of the thread is going to be retarded arguing about "muh dead board clutter" instead of discussing nntpchan or where we should go to not have to deal with any of this broken shit in the first place.

It has nothing to do with anything and I'm not sure why you brought it up in the first place with "he's probably drying dead boards", other than the possibility that you are a drooling retard.

Deleting dead boards*

KEK
E
K

If you can't understand why it was brought go back and read up through this thread or learn to shut the fuck about things you can't figure out

How would deleting dead boards fix the problem of hotwheels despising you, Jim doing stupid shit, or the software being totally fucked?
More likely you are just attempting to derail the discussion.

You're the one not willing to admit to simple facts. And you accuse me of trying to derail it?
Are you an Holla Forums agent?

By having a discussion instead of granting this entire thread for you so you could shill for endchan or whatever? Sure, you caught me red handed.

Sure, heres your post:

It was dead wrong, and it has nothing to do with any of the other problems.

The Shilling is real

Nothing in the discussion leading up to that statement indicates that deletion of dead boards has exclusively to do with software.

Dead boards might need to be deleted for a variety of reason. You for some reason seem to be fixated on the idea that everyone who wants dead boards gone wants that for site efficiency from a software point of view

There are or were plans to only show SFW images there at some point. Boards are categorized as SFW or NSFW. I don't know if the plan was dropped or if they just didn't get around to doing it yet.

>mondo fucking lies

it even says the servers are hosted in america on the front page.

makes me wonder why people see fit to lie about endchan so much.

It separates the Anons from the Goons/Shills

It could be because of the copious amount of shilling that endfags do here every time there's any kind of minor drama.

Nothing in the discussion even called for discussion of dead boards. It was your excuse for why Jim had deleted boards, ignoring the fact that he was also globally range banning a shitload of addresses.
So, care to tell me why you're shilling for fat fuck chan?

They actually in the middle of adding categories.

Someone started spamming loli around the time that picture was taken.

I know the guys running the site, the servers hosted in a place where I know my rights, and its given me a lot more trust than 8ch.pl has.

No ones even talking endchan, most are talking about potential integration of nntpchan in vichan/infinity next making the concept of an imageboard obsolete when you can just pick a node run by people whos moderation style you like.

Fuck off shill!

I mean in general, endchan isn't viewed favorably by a lot of people because they're tired of doomsday shills spamming threads all across Holla Forums.

I don't have an opinion about endchan, but the shilling makes even me averse of endchan because I associate that place with the spammers.

god where did all these Holla Forums faggots come from

If none of you faggots leave even after hotwheels has officially left interaction and Jim deletes and bans anyone anything he feels like for 6+ hours, then you'll never really leave and you'll never see the need to because you're so fucking afraid of losing the glorious empire of shit built on quocksand here that you'll put up with anything.
Friendly reminder what Fred said his not being involved in communication anymore would entail.

I understand your frustration

I can see how they'd be annoying. The only reason I mention the site is because its the only alternative I trust. I'm keeping an ear to the ground waiting for more bunkers though, its always good to have a plan B C D E and F.

That is because you are too retarded/autistic to understand how conversations/discussions evolve which is not completely surprising given that we are in an imageboard

I'm merely expressing my satisfaction at posting in a site, said site being the current site this discussion is happening. I suppose this could technically be called shilling but thats like asking why are you shilling for Honda cars in a Honda Dealership. (He probably loves Honda cars which is why he is in the Honda Dealership in the first place)

Die in a fire Holla Forums scum

Okay, op listed endchan and people discussed it. What's the problem?
Maybe you should just go back to Holla Forums and let us discuss the future of our board?

You're free to leave anytime you know.

From my point of view Holla Forums isn't lost yet, it's just in a very uncertain position about where it's going from here on out.

And for the record, if NNTPchan gains ground, I would prefer that to Holla Forums. If that happens, ideally we should convince Jim to add it for Holla Forums in some form. That would benefit both Holla Forums and anyone connected to NNTPchan.

Conversations don't evolve by making shit up for a topic of conversation. You were wrong. It had nothing to do with anything because you pulled your explanation out of your ass.

That's great, now kindly go back to Holla Forums and let us discuss the future of our board instead of you pulling shit out of your ass to excuse we fat fuck.

drybones doesn't own the site, he doesn't own the server, he doesn't even work on it.

why do you care about the board with 30 people so much? Or hell why do you care about "triangles" so much?

and that's an excuse not to try it out why...?

so is...well fuck, every person that's ever owned an image board.

now that's just a loaded question.

You seem angry. I think you better calm down first. Its not the end of the world you know. Imageboards come and go

>our board
>us

Yeah, I am, and a board volunteer/owner created this thread to discuss the future. Not to have retarded faggot derail discussions by pulling explanations for Jim's behavior out of your ass.

That's what the anti-Holla Forums folk are doing too.

Not everyone has to agree with your opinion of Jim. What is the matter user? Fed up with free speech already?

you're not even trying anymore.

Neither are you

Its not an opinion, its a fact what he did.

Holla Forums isn't Holla Forums anymore, in the words of Fred who talked about what I should do in case a situation like this arises. I trust words spoken for from that version of hotwheels more than I do words from some retard whose just attempting to stop the empire of shit from collapsing.

The Holla Forums model is deprecated. To move forward, we have to go back to the past and build our networks on newsgroups.

Why should I trust Jim?

The man has given me absolutely no reason to trust him and this incident has cemented it. He's still lying about TOR working when it doesn't and probably never will. The flippant disregard for the single policy that firetires held so dear is downright insulting. And of course this mass banning spree well exceeded the realm of "simple mistake. I don't think it was a coincidence that ll the people that were range banned happened to be people who criticized him, unless of course you're saying that the BO for Holla Forums is a pedo and half of /fit/ are too.

that image was taken 4 months ago, literally none of that is true anymore.

the servers are hosted in las vegas nevada and drybones doesn't do shit for the site.

To me Jim seems like he doesn't really have a clue how anything works, so I don't treat most of his actions as what Holla Forums is going to be permanently. The banning spree that started all of this also seemed like it was Jim being an emotional faggot rather than enforcing a new reign.

I take notes and judge him as I go, but so far I don't believe that he's a death sentence to Holla Forums. He's said and done things I don't like, but Holla Forums as it is this moment is the same it was months ago, except working better thanks to codemonkey.

People are freaking out because now it's "official" that Hotwheels is no longer admin.

In reality it's been that way for a while. HW disconnected from the site once Josh gave up I think

Why should we trust Snekdud?

the fact that I can post again is a step up at least.

I still don't trust Jim at all, he has a reputation and its anything but positive. I hold no attachment for this site anymore, without the cripple it just doesn't feel right.

How long do you think the copypaste account was being used by Jim and codemonkey for? Some people said months but i'm not so sure.

it really, really pisses me off that the little niggers been silent for months on end and only now do they let us know the copypaste account wasn't actually hotduds.

That's right! No historians have been jailed for questioning the holocaust, that's a Nazi lie. The EU respects your right to free speech.

the guy hasn't fucked up so far and he has odiiltime to keep him from doing something stupid. Snakedude was a regular on this board before switching to working on endchan.

now answer my question, why should I trust Jim?

Slovakia and Czech republic have guaranteed freedom of speech and that includes denying the holohoax.

OK.

Just keep in mind that Holla Forums is our 2nd largest board and there are legal issues hosting it.

Pretty sure the copypaste account was accessible to Jim since he bought the site. Probably Josh when he was working on infinity as well.

Neither was HW until the massive influx of users came on
So did HW with the boards
To the hug box he goes!

Snakedude is a loser. That entire chan is filled with losers that were sucking cripple dicks for their moment of fame.

He's been hosting this site for over a year, along with a Japanese site that's ranked 326 globally.

As if that automatically earns him trust.

Fuck off.

damn, I didn't even think of that.

I wonder if we'll ever hear from the dud again. I have this sinking suspicion we wont though.

I don't want to start any conspiracy theory shit but I distinctly saying hothweels would leave the site if it was "compromised". It could very well be that he's just sick or finally got done in by his inferior genetics. I don't know anything about his condition, I have no idea how long he's supposed to live for but the lack of life expectancy data for people with his condition says they don't last long.

I sincerely doubt it was Holla Forums shitposting that made him give up, the little fuckers been through far worse and I like to think he can actually handle shitposters.

But Snakedude having posted on this board before makes you automatically trust him?

8ch.net/sotc1.nfo

the fucker has a huge wrapsheet of suspicious shit from his 2ch days. His companies suspicious, and of course his actions of late are really fucking suspicious.

I trust a shitposters to know why an imageboard is great than a guy who only ever used them for profit.

cripple wheels is doing just fine. He has been shitposting on twitter
twitter.com/HW_BEAT_THAT/with_replies

Gee golly, I wonder who to trust!

Not me. I don't trust anyone

Where did I say he's old?
The point is that he's not new to the site, he's owned it for more than a year. He could be young and have owned it for a year and it would be the same.

What is wrong with profit? How do you expect that the money required for running an imageboard will be paid? Rare Pepes?

He said he would make a video once things calmed down explaining his absence.

you got that right.

Well, that logically answers my question. End of discussion, I guess

Ah okay.

Jim has a long history that stretches before this place and very little of it is positive. That's why I was immediately on edge when hotwheels said he would be partnering up with the guy. Even if we assume that everything Hiroyuki said about him is a lie that doesn't explain how he couldn't have possibly have known that datamining was taking place, especially at the levels that were being done on 2chan.

Okay, so I see these kind of sites as a hobby and a fun way to while away some time.

I find the concept of making profit from a website like this not only unrealistic but also unethical. There are very few ways you can actually make money off an imageboard, one is to sell out the users and the other is to strip it of its edge so you can get a bunch of users.

That's why i'm so suspicious of this whole process. The crackdown on pedo boards may seem to be a good thing but its the implications behind it. They weren't breaking the rules or the law, discussion of pedo shit isn't illegal even if its gross. Where does it end though? How do I know he won't just decide that loli needs to go or that piracy boards need to go?

I don't have a single reason to trust Jim, not before he took over and not now that he's the defacto ruler.

Were any boards purged that didn't allow photographs? Apparently there's a legal precedent for clothed pictures of children in a context like this being illegal where the servers are located.

That is a noble sentiment. Only problem is that it isn't practical.

This site costs thousands of dollars per month to maintain. Unless you know some richfag with that kind of cash who is willing to support it, the alternative is that it has to be maintained by a party that is commercially interested in it. Not perfect but better than nothing

wew. another admin pushing read-only messages.

Here he is if you want to yell at him.

nah. can't even bring myself to care anymore. so tired of this.

(checked)
We won't know anything until after the shitstorms clears but supposedly a lot of boards got the axe. this website uses US federal law as its base, and the laws pretty clear on this subject. the bikini model pictures aren't illegal.

I don't agree with the pedos and in many ways I think they're pieces of shit but they didn't break the rules.

that's just it though, you can't make profit from this kind of website without exploiting your users to some extent. Moot decided to make 4chan more mainstream to bulk up on users so he could break even and 2chan sold userdata to get mega profit.

A lot of people asked why hiroyuki would be interested in 4chan if it won't make him money. That's nothing. If 4chan can't make money then why in the fuck would Jim want this place? Holla Forums is far less capable of breaking even let alone turning a profit.

If you want my opinion, which I know you don't, I think the best way to run an imageboard is either if the owner is able to afford it or if it gets donations. Holla Forums was getting donations for a long time until the rainbow haired cunts came in and destroyed every medium of donation. Personally though, I think it was his own fault to some degree. He was the one that publicized the shit out of Holla Forums on the fucking news no less. He was practically holding a giant sign over his head that said "FUCK MY SHIT UP FAM!"

Don't be retarded. The point about dead boards was just that they are unmoderated so there's more chance of illegal content. Quit derailing shit

/ddlg/ was purged and that board has 0 photographs of underage girls.

ddlginfo.com/what-is-ddlg.html

The slippery slope is real.

well shit, there we go.

If the software wasn't so fucking broken you wouldn't need to worry about the CP spam bot, because gvols would be able to d++ that shit.

I don't have a problem with board pruning but only on the condition that the board has zero uid and hasn't received a post for at least 3 days.

there are a lot of small board that only have a handful of posters which makes board pruning really tricky.

Thats very presumptuous

Now the essence of the problem is this. The kind of imageboard site you seem to have in mind would appear to be viable only if it were a small community. Once it grows beyond a certain size it would face the same money problems Holla Forums faces.

My problem with small imageboard sites is they tend to be too tightly knit for their own good. They tend to be socially incestuous with a small clique controlling what happens at those sites.

Jim might be interested in profit but he isn't interested in controlling what happens in each and every board beyond a certain point and this is why I prefer to stay here.

Read the /newspaper/ article about it. Jim's shadiest known action was ripping control of 2ch from Hiroyuki, but that was only possible because Hiroyuki was already doing shady shit (namely transferring ownership of 2ch to him to be some sort of shadow admin). Everything else seems to be speculation done after these threads. It is also stated that 2ch didn't have any complaints about him until recently, after he wanted to move 2ch to specialized curated proprietary browsers, but that's something that won't happen here.

That said, 2ch's standards might be different from our own, but suggesting that he has already been fucking with imageboards for years is dishonest.

I doubt it. Nevermind that copypaste barely posted and when he did as of recently, he commented that he hadn't been posting because he was feeling ill as of lately.

Fixed. Nevar4get.

The Holla Forumsspergs are leaving??

The tards who've absolutely failed to ever do anything truly epic (lol Chatbot Ha|

I'm off but not because of the drama.
This site just does not function anymore, posting is still hit and miss, although I rarely post at all. The main problem is that it has become very difficult to browse here using tor, other chans work fine though.
The last 2 or 3 years has been fun here (apart from the last 8-9 months) but it's time to move on.
ttfn chaps

I haven't had a single issue that hasn't already been addressed by codemonkey in the past few days. TOR is also coming back according to him.

Bye though, see you again in a bit.

I think this has been posted before but here is the pastebin version

pastebin.com/DipC4bcj

Intro
Greetings. I have spent the past few weeks working hard on stabilizing Holla Forums
and improving site performance. There are still a few bugs, but quality of life
is improving overall. My real name is Ron, I go by the handle "Code Monkey"
and you can contact me here:

ron 2ch net
twitter.com/codemonkeyz
8ch.net/sudo

About me
Im an avid poster on Holla Forums, Holla Forums, /fit/, and I used to be the board owner of
/p/ for a time. I do devops for 2ch and help as a community liaison and admin
there. My favorite programming language is haskell, but I am also proficient
in perl, c, bash, python, etc. Ive been involved in online communities basically
my whole life. Was active on AOL in the mid 90s, then heat.net, vnboards, 4chan,
icq, Holla Forums, etc. Played online Quake, TM2, TF1, AC, DAOC, EQ, WOW, etc. I
studied chinese literature in school and am fluent in chinese now.
I am for building the wall.

Whats going on?
Fred is stepping down as administrator of Holla Forums and I will be replacing him.

Why?
It was a unanimous decision between Fred, Jim, and Ron. Fred will still be
working on the site doing technical work like adding new features, fixing bugs,
maintaining codebase, etc. He has not left the organization and you can still
reach out to him through his usual methods of contact.

Whats next then?
I will now be the main point of contact for community issues.

My priorities as admin are:
* Continue to stabilize the site
* Improve user experience
* Promote free speech
* Hands off approach to moderation
* Provide more transparency and easier communication

What I wont be doing:
* Banning vpn access
* Banning onion service access [it is broken currently, but will be fixed]
* Banning 2d anime/manga cartoon porn of any kind
* Involving myself in board affairs

Meritocracy
Holla Forums is a meritocracy. Boards need to stand and fall on their own. I will not
be interfering in the work of volunteers on the board level. The only rule I
will be enforcing is the global rule found here:
[ 8ch.net/faq.html ]

Whats your stance on CP and photos of children?
I will not tolerate CP. Boards owners should enforce all six criteria stated in
this document:
[ 8ch.net/dost.html ]

If a board owner is found to not be enforcing the six criteria in this document,
they will be subject to removal and replaced through the claims process.

Just to clarify:
Photos of children in lewd poses, regardless of level of clothing, are to be
considered CP. These children are being exploited and we will not tolerate
such content. If you feel that you cannot abide by this rule, then please
migrate to masterchan et alia.

Claims
I will be opening up claims again. The new claims email is:
[ [email protected] ]

Please follow the rules on this page:
[ 8ch.net/claim.html ]

Any claim email sent to the previous claims address will not be answered.
If you have previously made a claim to the old address, then please make a
claim to the new address.

If you can provide proof that a board owner is not enforcing the 6 criteria
provided in the dost.html document and you want to claim their board, please
send the proof and claim request and the board will be handed to you. Proof
needs to be hard evidence that they are intentionally not enforcing dost.

TOR
Do not use tor exit nodes to post on Holla Forums. They are considered compromised
by cloudflare's captcha. Unfortunately we need cloudflare for the non-tor
traffic, so we cant disable it just for tor. However, we do provide an onion
service for posting:
[ oxwugzccvk3dk6tj.onion ]

The Holla Forums onion service is not compromised, but it is currently broken. We are
in the process of fixing it. Please wait, it will be back soon.

Transparency
I will begin posting transparency reports, picking up where the previous one
left off.

Canary
Holla Forums's warrant canary has not expired and is being monitored by the EFF at
[ canarywatch.org/Holla Forums/ ]

Open source concerns
Holla Forums will be returning to full open source compliance in the next few weeks.
I am still not sure if I will be forking the current repository, taking it
over, or if Fredrick will be undeprecating his. These details are to be
announced.

Call for volunteers
If you are interested in volunteering for a position, please email me with
information relevant to that position.
[ [email protected] ]

For the benefit of retards, I'm not Ron, I'm only reposting his message

Those are fair. 80% of that board was one retard spamming the same "I'm going back to $site_being_shilled" posts at one point.

I usually don't post on Holla Forums so I'd like to ask: is NNTPchan something currently in the works, or a collective pipedream?

it's in the works and it actually already works

Here's some nodes using it:
2hu-ch.org
nsfl.tk
i2p.rocks

The frontend on those is a piece of shit though, so it's not very nice to use.

Some people are working on improving it and adding it to their imageboards though. 8ch.pl is the only one I know for sure though.

If you ever go on Tor or i2p, you can see NNTPchan action.

They're separate imageboards on separate networks:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I2p
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tor_(anonymity_network)

But it looks like a regular chan. i2p posters have the itoopie logo.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I2P#/media/File:Itoopie.svg

And Tor users have the onion logo.

song name?

the globals did not fucking delete cp, they were stuck circlejerking to stupid shit on their irc.

Last night was one of the few times where i saw a global delete a cp bot that did not take more than 5 minutes.

if you guys want to leave then leave, just know that if you go to a site with those global mods expect them to not ever do their jobs.

is lainchan an option?

Don't bother, everyone's already on NNTPchan

Seems like the best course of action for now is to just stay here. We've put up with worse shit. Let's try to have an ace up our sleeves if things get unbarable. Everyone should be actively working on creating or finding alternatives.

Timecop1983 - Dreams

choose one or many of them or even another one, browse many chans, regroup and keep in touch.
we survived an exodus 2 years ago, we will survive again

The ace in our sleeve is NNTPchan. Once finished, Holla Forums will just be part of a dying model of imageboard.

remove it and maybe you can convince people to leave the site for a few hours.

Remove le anonymous seal and you'll get another couple hours out of it, maybe even attract someone who isn't a underage newfag.

some of that is on point, but some of it really depends on circumstances.

imageboards are sort of a low-commitment thing, you cant always expect people to put in a lot of effort when what they really want is a place to chill and chat tech.

Lolis are going to be banned? no big surprise.
We came a long way from Ayashii world, when gooks used internet to post cheese pizza on clearnet.
Then 2ch came along, all post was either pizza/gore/PC88/99eroge shit. (2ch was filled with refugee from ayashii), then futaba.
afterwards, 4chan (after world.2ch) happens. normies came along and lolis are banned before FUKKEN SAVED. not4chan & renchan are also dead. Kimmo alm is a fucking faggot.
Now, Holla Forums. NNTP, endchan, anywhere; things will never change. it's the same thing all over again, for the exact 3 decades.
Finding better place? not really. note that no matter where you are in the internet, people will find a way to enforce societies norms & believe on whatever [current year] IRL. History are going to repeat itself.
also, sage(ru)'d

What the fuck are you talking about?

check em.

can we just have one fucking chanboard that doesnt fucking die and has an actually decent tech board?

HAH!

Is Jim a member of freech too? Because he's the one that killed it. Stop making excuses for the sack of shit.

We need to develop a fully distributed chan with decentralized administration, you choose the admins you find the best. It's the only way of having true freedom of speech.

People are already doing that. 8ch.pl and 16chan.nl both want to get into NNTPchan.

That's nntpchan.

Nah, I mean distributed, not decentralized. Posts are hosted and served by the users themselves and you get to pick your custom "blocklist" which can only be modified by the admins. It sounds difficult as hell to do but that would be the way to go. Anyways, NNTPchan is a cool project too but it requires people with servers and most of them will not want to host dangerous material.

photos of children are the things that are going to get banned. if you think 3d children = loli then you are being fed nothing but tumblrs pedo inclusive lies.

it said nothing of drawings, just photos of actual children.

stop making excuses for letting freech be on that picture along with the analmoose bullshit.

That's wrong though. Codemonkey specifically said that 2D porn of any kind will not be banned

That can be mitigated by using perceptual hashing and share a database of known CP image hashes to prevent from uploading in the first place or delete on a cron job.

It's almost like you guys haven't read anything he's said.
Jim came clean and said he fucked up, almost everything he did was just him bumbling around like an idiot not really getting how the modpanel worked, and he basically admitted to that.
Two days ago. I don't know where everyone in this thread has been for the last two days.

jim shills die please

Source

I guess I'm a little bit of a jim shill, because he reminds me of my dad so much.

This thread primarily is jim sucking up to Holla Forumsirgins.
8ch.net/v/res/9310575.html
The main thing he said was that he went and rangebanned whole /16 subnets like a retard.

high quality meme, very nice

another house negro "BUT MASTER JIM SAID"...

Seriously though. I don't understand you guys on tech, you're literally the smartest people Holla Forums has (well some of you at least).

I 100% agree with another user who said that /tech should create their own board and migrate there and never look back.

If you guys did this, you'd pull the rest of 8ch (the best parts, that are salvageable) with you.

There's some genuinely smart people on here and yet you guys can't get 4 or 5 of you together to code a sound chan to save your lives.

Oh, forgot to add; I do completely disagree with jim on his stance on deleting pedoshit. Doesn't matter how you feel about them, them being b& is a bad sign, slippery slope etc.

/a/ has been doing more to salvage their community than Holla Forums have, really.

Looks like good shit the whole way around, and Codemonkey's already massively improved the site via Alacrity.

That's because I can spend the same amount of time making money.
Your best bet is infinity next, its the most modern and maintainable imageboard, besides php. Of course, we all know how that went, and its unclear whether it was Hotwheels fault in the first place that it simply wasn't able to handle the load because of a badly implemented anti-ocr option.

LainChan and NNTPchan both started on Holla Forums

Lainchan started on /g/ and has always been shit, kalyx chimped out and closed his IRC channels multiple times like hotwheels just did. Nntpchan was probably started earlier, I can't remember, but we always had threads on it.

Yeah but my point is not to mitigate but to allow people to see what they wanna see through the decentralized moderation design. You wanna see CP? Great, then subscribe to a pedo-friendly blocklist that only blocks spam. You wanna stay within the limits of the law? Then subscribe to a blocklist that only blocks illegal stuff. You're a sensible faggot and don't wanna see certain things? Then subscribe to a anti-degenerate blocklist. Through this design, everyone could be happy and no content would ever be censored.

Well, yeah, that's the obvious reason, but I was hoping for a less pragmatic-cynical one.

As for LainChan, that site is a haven for 420edgydrugs-newreligion-appletech tards.

I still think it'd be awesome of a group of tech people got together and coded a minimalist board in a cool language. That's something people could-would get behind.

No one wants minimalist shit.
There's dozens upon dozens of futaba esque back to basics projects that took 30 mins to make. Go pick one.

Bunch of applefags circlejerking to being le edgy communists while getting anally raped by capitalism buying apple products. The cognitive dissonance there is amazing.

one that runs well for longer than 2 weeks at a time...

minimalist, fast, non-admin centric

OFFICIAL Holla Forums POLLS

What should Codemonkey, Jim, Josh & Moderators do?
poal.me/t7inzy

Which is the best chan?
poal.me/klw123

What OS do you use?
poal.me/83m6iu

mods, can you add my user-suggestion poal and best chan poal to the OP?

Just finished reading the Holla Forums thread. Jim unbanned the people he range banned, and apologized for all the things he fucked up on. I was pretty pissed yesterday, but I think Jim is being genuine.

Codemonkey also posted this
pastebin.com/DipC4bcj

m u h n e p o t i s m

It's sort of a weird thing. Ron was the one who wanted Jim to buy Holla Forums. Obviously, Fredrick isn't admin for a variety of very good reasons.

1) Fredrick had no involvement in the community.
2) Fredrick has no desire to be involved in the community.
3) Fredrick has been outright unavailable to assist Ron in fixing Holla Forums despite him being a chair bound cripple with only n number of things he can be doing at any time and absolutely zero excuse for being unreachable 18 hours a day.
4) Came out of his 4 month silence specifically to call Ron incompetent.

Ron taking over was probably a good thing, perhaps even a great thing. What's not great is that Ron's bumbling, retarded father is trying to do community management when the only thing he can manage is a steak knife and fork at the best of times.

ヨガ豚 GO

Endchan was founded by Holla Forums users and uses software developed by a Holla Forums user with involvement from Holla Forums.

Endchan was founded by the worst spergs from Holla Forums coalescing together from sheer power hunger. It has nothing to do with muh freedoms, muh foss, muh anything. It has to do with yet more autistic antisocial pricks trying to be the next moot.

Fucking anything is better than Endchan. Go to czaks, go to 76chan, go to 16chan, anywhere else. That community cannot survive.

I was only naming it as an example of what that post described.

Is this lowcard being assmad that he doesn't get to be admin now?

ヨガ豚 GO

Fred doesn't want to be involved with the community or site, you'd think people got the message after he refused to post for months.

I'm confused, Josh still works for 8ch?

No, but apparently on friendly terms with Ron. I don't think he has any interest in working on Vichan and I don't think Ron has any interest in trying to get Infinity Next on Holla Forums either because of Jim's AGPL autism.

Truly the master of the art of ruining things.

RIP the Crip.

Things seem to be stable for now; however, I am strongly considering making 8ch.pl an >official backup board in the event that anything happens to the site, whether it be server outages or otherwise, as it has full feature parity with this Holla Forums. This way, I can migrate all of our resources (static pages, flags, banners, etc.) to it. What do you guys think? I've been meaning to start a backup board for this place for some time now, actually. Now's a great time to start.

Why do English-chans have so much drama? Why can't keep the SJ(e)W away?

Only Krautchan shares similar problems, but then Germany is cucked anyways.

it's no different than distros m8

It's only now that I see Josh was right all along

do that, stay the fuck away fron endchan

.pl would need some heavier moderation because of the Holla Forums kiddie shitters on it but as a bunker in the event Holla Forums actually does go under instead of "CP IS BEING BANNED MUH FREEDOMS" fear-mongering I don't see any problem with it

Yeah, sure. See you tomorrow on 4chan.

Almost all countries would have the same problem to different extents.

thanks, looks good to me

How does any of this board drama shit directly effect us at all? Who goes to Holla Forums?

most of us left 4chan when hiroshima moot took over.

splitting up the community is bad, but when most of us left 4chan, we knew to come to Holla Forums.

No one really knows where to go next though, and that's bad.

The vast majority of us came over doing the gamergate incident, we had a single unified purpose. This time round everyone wants to abandon ship, but everyone wants to go to a board with their own communities which is what's driving everyone in different directions (mainly Holla Forums wanting a Holla Forums dominated board, and everyone else doesn't).

Well the thing here is that Jim's been owner of 8ch for quite some time (~January of last year), and Hotwheels stepping down to a tech-advisory role is a formality at this point with how long he's been on radio-silence. Besides Jim tarding out and rangebanning, we're in no different a position than we were a week ago save for vultures coming out of the woodwork.

A lot of people are confused or angry and not quite grasping there's no pressing need to evacuate now, if ever. Hell, even on the ownership front, even if everything the people pushing alternative chans or posting that stupid fucking newsletter infographic were saying was true we'd be in a better spot than many of us were in 4chan before the Gamergate exodus, Moot actively despised his userbase for years while Hotwheels just sort of went indifferent and reclused. A crap admin and a bunch of drama-queen Holla Forums moderation just walked. The site's performed poorly in the past months but that's being steadily rectified by the new admin Codemonkey. I'd say we're on the fast-track to doing better than we have in a long time and there's a decent number of people scared of that so they're trying to get as many people off the boat as possible before pushing alternative chans falls on even deafer ears than before.

Says the shill.

He already un-banned a shitton of people back in the Holla Forums QA

It already has, any board you visit that actually has people posting have consistently told these doom shills to fuck off. From /a/ to /monster/ and to Holla Forums and /pone/.

test

Endchan is good, BUT I think it would be important to mention that Jim owns an Endchan domain and is buddies with the op.

Nice try, disinfo shill. Pics or it never happened.

I agree with this idea. I know that there are some people griping about potential code problems if it gets up to full capacity, but this is a more theoretical problem than the issues brought up over endchan.

Don't try to be a writer.

Mind telling us newfags about czaks OP? How likely is he to be just another Jim for instance?

ATP Jim w/o HW is my main reason for leaving, not technical issues with the board, which Jim's son seems to be getting in hand.

Ron should keep Jim away from Holla Forums's contols.
Also, biggest mistake a chan user can make is to call a single chan his entire home. This is why all this drama happens.

Doesn't FMS in Freenet work in a similar way? It's pretty interesting.

Backup is good.

I don't know but the important part is the decentralized administration. We have seen how admins can ruin a whole chan, there has to be some sort of competition.

I know of the IP banning. But wasnt there a leak too? How do i know my shit didnt get hijacked?

not only him, all the IRC tards

they sucked dick for nothing

This is fixed now. You only see NSFW images when you click a checkbox.

Endchan has the most helpful thread to penetration testing (hacking) enthusiasts I've ever seen. We need to keep this up. endchan.xyz/tech/res/99.html

I shouldn't have clarified that. Anyone whose input means shit knows that.

go to 16chan

It was copy/pasted from >>>/hacktheplanet/ like it says.