IT SOMEHOW GOT WORSE

Storytime of

Patsy Walker A.K.A Hellcat!

Wait, did I say 'worse?' I'm sorry, that was a typo. I meant to say 'even more inspiring to comic fans, especially female and gay ones'. Oh boy are you in for a treat today! Get ready for an even all-newer, all-differenter Hellcat with a brand new artist on board! It's time for action! "Hey man, woah, that cover doesn't look like action," you yell out loud. Well, fuck you! Hercules is on the cover! Aren't you ready for the Team up of Hercules and Hellcat?* And a returning villain! A very serious one! You might think things might get boring now that the Casiolena arc is over, but the danger is just beginning!

Can't get enough Hellcat? Why not time travel back to the past with these awesome Hellcat issues!

1: web.archive.org/web/20160113031313/http://8ch.net/co/res/492838.html
2: web.archive.org/web/20160130161306/http://8ch.net/co/res/504680.html
3: web.archive.org/web/20160323202008/http://8ch.net/co/res/531344.html
4: web.archive.org/web/20160409195005/http://8ch.net/co/res/549577.html
5: web.archive.org/web/20160523093728/http://8ch.net/co/res/574171.html

Bonus Squirrel Girl
Choose Your Own Adventure : web.archive.org/web/20160523093537/http://8ch.net/co/res/578827.html

*This does not happen. Hercules is not even in this issue.

Other urls found in this thread:

comicbookdb.com/issue.php?ID=365104
superspacedad.tumblr.com/
twitter.com/JesskaNightmare/status/720319622914768896
somethingsensitive.com/index.php?topic=7585.msg313468#msg313468
giancarlovolpe.tumblr.com/post/82641459722/a-little-behind-the-scenes-look-of-the-early
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

He made a new one.

Wow, this new art sure is existant! Patsy Walker has regressed in age again from 14 to now 7! Hope this brings in even more readers! It'll surely bring out the story we're all involved in, a special surprise vacation to….

They all look like Steven Universe characters.

THEY ALL LOOK LIKE STEVEN UNIVERSE CHARACTERS.

…The amazing Coney Island! Wow wow wow! Patsy is so excited to see this place, even though she's lived in the city for pretty much her whole life! Almost as if she was secretly from Canada!

oh god. I'M LAUGHING SO MUCH RIGHT NOW. SWEET JESUS MAKE THE PAIN GO AWAY. MY SIDES. OH MY GOD.

Uh oh, the murderous villain Arcade (That guy who was responsible for the deaths of several children in Avengers Arena) is now trying to lay some murder traps in Coney Island! Luckily Patsy informs her friends by pretending she's never heard of him before! Oh, that silly Patsy! She's obviously pretending or else this was written by someone who has no idea who Arcade is! And Arcade is pretending he doesn't know who She-Hulk and Hellcat are! Hahahahaha you guys! Ian and Tom tag along because She-Hulk won't say no to two civilians fighting the death trap murderer.

Deviantart Arcade has now captured Tom in a death trap! Looks like our heroes will have to play his sick games to free Tom!

It's that wonderful time again where we learn how empty some people can be and how those empty people get jobs with major comic book publishers.

THE REDHEAD BEARDED GUY LOOKS LIKE THE LASAGNA BOY FROM THAT SEXCOMIX

And you know of what comic im talking about

Wow, thanks to this art you can see just how much sheer pain Ian is going through at how dramatic Arcade's death games are to our friends and heroes. But she hulk is so cool and empowered she can skee ball really easy look at that tension just melt away

It's a kid comic so I understand why they'd shoot for a 80's shoujo water color vibe.

OP, what did we ever do to you?

And she hulk beats the game without breaking a sweat goddamn shes the coolest and doesnt even have to try to win this makes characters likable

Looks like the tiebreaker comes down to Arcade and Hellcat! Can Hellcat swing the hammer harder than Arcade?! Can she save her fr–oh she does instantaneously because shes just that fit and strong

girls are the coolest and them succeeding without trying makes me like the stories they're in and want to continuing purchasing them

I'd rather get my dick hard, cut it off, and then shove it down my throat and choke to death than read any more of this drivel.

WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS

FUCKING STOP

Oh my fucking lord. The art is unfinished! There's no backgrounds! It's nothing but fucking scribbles with sloppy coloring!

THIS IS PUBLISHED MAINSTREAM WORK?

MARVEL IS CHARGING $3.99 FOR THIS?!

THIS IS THE FUTURE WE CHOSE

Arcade jokingly calls She-Hulk Ian's girlfriend so Ian gives him a very stern talking to about gender roles! Take that patriarchy! Why is my heart not pumping

Also, Hellcat asks about Ian's sexuality, despite every single person being able to immediately tell how flaming he was in Issue 1. Anyways, Ian is bi. Totally. Not gay. Bisexual.

And then Jessica Jones shows up! Despite being hired by Hedy Wolfe, she's here to help Patsy! Have you noticed how Patsy rarely does anything in this comic and how it's all about these bigger, stronger women seeming to shelter and rescue Patsy in times of danger? Aaaah, that's probably nothing. You're overthinking it!

To me, it looks like a shittier version of Lum or Ranma 1/2's art.

D´UH

FUCKING HELLBOY COSTS LESS THAN THIS!

WHAT IS THIS EVIL?!

Wow, look at these very real fan letters! Wow, so many of them just happen to be their first letter to Marvel!

I don't remember choosing this future. Where did it all go wrong?

>"Heroes" She-Hulk and Hellcat do literally nothing

The moment the Allies won in WW2.

That's more than a gallon of gas.

For the price of 9 of issues of this comic, you can fill your car and drive away from this hell hole.

The choice is yours.

When cartoonists stopped being able to support themselves with their work.

Real cartooning is hard work. Lots of effort, lots of hours. When it doesn't pay well, there's no reason to slave away with the mainstream publishers(who have a history of being shitty employers) when there's concept art, illustration, storyboards, and animation jobs which pay more for less work.

In the absence of that strong talent, the rats came flooding in.

So for 4 bucks I can read this piece of trash that looks like it crawled from the depths of Tumblr, and this waste of printing paper was published by a mainstream comic company.

The industry needs to die.

Possible Major Spoilers for Civil War 2

Because of the genius behind Kate Leth and her covers, we can safely assume She-Hulk dies in Civil War II. Now that's just assuming, but given the nature of the Hellcat cover, I think it's a pretty good hunch.

Also the guy who causes Civil War II to happen; his name is Ulysses. And Spider-Miles is thrust in the middle of the two sides and has to pick one. Wow, that's some good and original writing there.

WHY ARE THERE VEINS IN HER SUNHAT!?
DID THE ART GET WORSE!?
DID SHE STOP TRYING!?

Is this how you drive away readers with more than three brain cells?

Fuck you user, you're lying, this is just some nightmare and when I wake up I'll be in a world of non-shit comics.

… Someone should probably inform the artist that people don't normally age backwards. Also good to see that Telekenetic guy has kept up his record for constantly looking like a prat and having his sole character traits being "gay" and "telekenetic". I can't wait for the end of his character arc where he discovers a way to combine the two traits. Joking, please don't let that actually happen.

Oh no! It's… Some guy in make-up? For a supervillian he seems awfully chill about being out in public. He also has no real reason for being here other than the vague hope of killing a couple of kids playing vidya. Man he must lead a dull life.

So does Patsy not want to fight? Is Telekenetic the Gay being sarcastic when he calles She-Hulk and Hellcat impressive? Does this Arcade bloke really think that make-up suits him?

So Beardy the Gay gets picked as the damsel in distress because he has no powers… And then the villain challenges everyone to play vidya without using superpowers? So why was Beardy picked as the prize?

Can Gay the Telekenetic die for the "We-Hulk" line? Please? Also, Hellcat is stronger than some nerd who spends too-much time in the mirror trying to make himself pretty. Wow, what a turn up for the books.

Fuck you Arcade-man, you don't get to bitch about people wearing make-up when you're plastered in the stuff yourself, just like I'm not allowed to bitch about people wasting their lives while complaining about comics I never bought.

Also Gay (the telekinetic one), we already know about your sexuality, being the only one to actually attack the villian doesn't give you a licence to state the obvious… Wait, you're bi? Oh man! Wow, hahaha, I get it! The joke is that you liking women was some deep secret wasn't it? Because otherwise, Hellcats whole "Aren't you, you know…" line makes her seem like a moron who hasn't noticed how much you've been sucking the dick of Gay the Ginger ever since you met him

Finally, I really don't think that knowing that Hellcat is Patsy Walker is impressive at this point, I'm not sure anyone ever even tried to hide it in the first place. Now that I come to think of it, telling the person you're paid to stalk you want to help them hide from the dang-dirty doxers and trolls is either a genius ruse or a great way to ensure you never get hired again, just saying.

OP I'd hoped you were gone for good
Damn it

I swear, some of those poses look real fucking familiar, particularly that one where Helltwat's holding her sunglasses up and the wind is blowing the dress about.
I am so sure i've seen that exact same scene in a manga someplace.

It would not surprise me at all if they've been tracing and hoping nobody would notice.

Isn't she the bitch that did Bee and Puppycat and worked on some of Cartoon Network's abortions?

You know what this shit art reminds me of? Back in the early 2000s, Dark Horse did some Digimon comics that had some famously atrocious artwork. Like they hired some 16 year old who copied an anime style without understanding the techniques and fundamentals underneath it. This looks like she learned to draw from those bad American "How to Draw Anime" books and never improved outside of that.

There are certain poses from Hellcat (especially ones where the wind blows her hat and dress) that looked like she was just swiping from Ghibli or Rumiko Takahashi. The colors also look like she was trying to (badly) copy some of Sailor Moon's night time neon city colors. It's like she woke up that day and decided "I'm gonna draw like the animes!" and copied the surface values from a handful of girly Chinese cartoons.

She also has no clue about page layouts. There are a couple points where it looks like she's trying to copy a fancy page from somewhere else, but doesn't have the understanding of what made it work.

I can't get over how this was ever okayed and sent to print. Jesus. I would say this art could hurt sales, but anyone who's still buying it at this point has no standards. The artist before had some idea what they were doing, but this is just offensively bad.

So you agree with me, then?

(!)

FTFY, Debbil.

This makes perfect sense.

I sincerely thank you for these storytimes, OP. They are always amazing and fascinating.
I especially love how I've been spending the past ten years looking for reasons to kill myself, and just a few minutes in those threads make it all so obvious.
Again : thanks OP !

YES

It's further evidence that both comics and cartoons have become overrun with well connected human garbage. That Digimon art is actually better than this trash. At least it's finished. It's fully inked, colored properly, and has backgrounds.

I share you're disbelief in how Hellcat #6 ever made it to print. It's flabbergasting. It's so absurd that we should get together and write a stern letter to Marvel. Nothing political, just asking them how they can justify charging $4 for this incomplete piece of shit.

Yeah, pretty much. It reminds me of art from those 'How to Draw Anime' books you used to see at book fairs.

- Comics Alliance

- Allegri

Man, I'm not even sure writing to Marvel would do anything. Look at the abysmal and ever shrinking numbers this book and books like it are doing. It's obvious that making sure their friends stay on the payroll is more important to them than giving their readers their money's worth.

Hell, there was that article a few months ago that was talking about the financial trouble that comic stores are in because people are leaving in droves. One of the common complaints was that people didn't like the sub par artwork in Marvel's books.

If you want to send letters though, there's only one way to do it.

Tubes.

Make sure you have a lot of people committed to the idea, and you all send your letters in big, long, clunky tubes. Letters are easy to get, toss, and forget. Tubes though, are a pain in the ass to carry and even harder to store, especially if they start receiving hundreds of them. If they become bombarded with tubes, all complaining about shit art, then they'll pay attention and wonder what the fuck is going on.

It always comes back to them, doesn't it.

So yeah, she traced Takahashi and never bothered to learn outside of that. It sure shows. And this woman is a "celebrated" artist who gets her own cartoon shows.

LOOK AT THIS FUCKING ARTWORK

It's amazing how bad it looks. I mean, I thought Leth's art was bad.

That quite literally looks like babby's first photoshop. How is this allowed?!

Holy fuck that's mind blowing. I think she legit forgot that the issue was due and quickly hashed it together in a night.

Hey OP, do you have the page that lists the credits for this book? I want to see if she did her own coloring. I also want to find out who the editor is. The letters page says Charles Beacham is assistant editor, but I want to know who else is there.

I don't care if does do anything. It's a cathartic release after viewing such atrocious artwork. It's completely ridiculous that a major comic book publisher is releasing work of this quality. Someone was paid around $100 per page for shit that wouldn't even cut it as a webcomic.

Hellcat has gone from an average bad comic to something completely abysmal.

Never mind, I found the info comicbookdb.com/issue.php?ID=365104

This book has FOUR editors.

FOUR.

I want you to sit back an think about that. Four people looked at this and thought this was fit for print.

Also of note, several of those editors also work on Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, Captain Marvel, Femme Thor, the late Angela Queen of Hel, and many other steaming heaps. Connect the dots and I'll bet you'll find some prior friendships behind these artists being hired.

According to the credits page: Allegri is credited as 'Artist', so I guess she did the entire thing.

The main editor is a dude named Wil Moss

THE SJW MEGAPOWERS

GIVING COMICS THE KISS OF DEATH

Oh god, does that mean that there's a beta male version of Ms Elizabeth out there? The editor of this book maybe?

Never say never, user. These are strange times we live in.

Holy shit, jesus christ, is this real?

See, Deviantards? Even your shitty and uncreative weeb comics made in MS Paint can be published too!

No they can't. That only works if they suck dick.

Not even good dick suckin'. Just being eager to put that cock in your mouth for a salty surprise is enough to land you a comics job.

The idea itself isn't awful.
>However, unbeknownst to them, a long time villain is lurking, luring children into a mad death trap disguised as an amusement for his own pleasure morbid enjoyment sadistic fantasies find a way to make this not seem pedophilic once written out this way, I dare you.
Kinda like Saw a bit. Except more mindless capeshit fun, less "Holy fucking shit that looks horrifying what the fuck negro, why are you doing this shit fucking hell" gore. I think I remember an episode somewhat like this in teen titans, not sure though. Point is, with a more dedicated writer, and actually competent artists, this wouldn't have been bad. Maybe even good. But this isn't some tumblr webcomic, it's fucking marvel.
The characters face no hard challenges. Conflict seems nonexistent. The characters learn nothing, achieve nothing. The villain, who could've been a terrifying foe for the heroes to beat, is a laughable qt who I'd let torture and rape me. Speaking of the characters, none of them are really all that likeable, but that goes without saying. Hellcat is a bitch who is awkward and clumsy, the two "LOL SEE, FLAWS, SO NO MARY SUE!" traits. She is strong 4noraisin, she doesn't work out, her job is pencil pushing, and she sits around all day, yet she has enough strength to hit the bell. The other chars are carboard cut outs, not much else to say.

I'm glad she's dead. They can't hurt her any more, with either the soulless reboots with that stiff 'retro' art, random bitches taking her title, and this schlock.

This.

Back even in the nineties comic artists could earn enough to support their family. Now DC and Marvel have gotten fans believing that working on their shitty titles is a "privilege" and suckering them into working for peanuts.

DC and Marvel have also come to realize that they don't need good art, because the crack addicts will buy it regardless.

HOW CAN ANYTHING PUBLISHED BY THE ONE OF THE BIGGEST COMIC COMPANIES IN THE COUNTRY LOOK THIS UGLY AND AMATEURISH?!

WHY IS EVERY BOOK THEY WRITE ABOUT DOING SHITTY MUNDANE SHIT LIKE WALKING AROUND THE CITY AND GOING TO COFFEE SHOPS?!

THE HERO OF APPOMATTOX WILL GIVE THESE FAGGOTS WHAT FOR.

I'm more a fan of Sherman, personally.

It's almost like girls don't want to read stories about super heroes.

What a minute, that face…

Then why are they trying to force themselves into an industry they aren't even interested in?

Shit's suffering, yo.

Fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom.

Because they're idiots. They think being in mainstream comics is going to get them wealth and prestige, when in reality they're just contributing to it's downfall.

I want to believe

Fuck quality right?

They don't want this shit either, though. Look at the kind of stuff women actually do buy. It's mostly stuff involving good looking dudes who get into possible homoerotic situations with other dudes. They want characters that they can ship and draw lewd fan art of. Not The Sausage Limb Gang Goes to the Beach.

This isn't made to appeal to women, it's made to fuel Kate Leth's ego.

If they were serious about appealing to teenage girls, they'd return Patsy to the catwalk and make her a model again. As much as these people try and fight the whole "It's for girls, make it all about fashion" thing, the reality is that stuff still sells really well. Especially if you give it an edge. Monster High dolls sell a surprising amount to 17 and 18 year old girls because they like the fashion mixed with cute monster girls. Set it around the fashion world with a clear emphasis on detailed, unique and well designed fashion.

Keep it separate from the ongoing Marvel universe. Don't drop the super hero aspect but make it more about that she's solving murders and mysteries that she discovers during her modeling. Have a good looking police detective that she keeps running into, leading to a romance angle there. Maybe have an overarching mystery that she's trying to uncover. That could bring in a private investigator who's trying to solve that. Get a whole love triangle going. These mysteries would also give the stories a chance to go to runways in far off and exotic locals.

Since she's a fashion model, there's no way she would wear the same costume all the time. Do what Cardcaptor Sakura did and give her a new one every issue. Or at least cycle through a bunch. That right there would get coplayers interested in the book, especially if the costumes are cute and well designed.

There, you now have a book where at least something happens besides Kate Leth complaining about bed bugs. Although I'm pretty sure I put more thought into it than the people behind this book.

You've done it now, user. I will storytime Orc Stain or Sky Doll tomorrow morning to offset this bullshit. After I am done with that, it will be Warhammer 40k, because one faggot promised to do it, but never followed up.

It is slowly becoming a standard practice in western comics. Fiona Staples gets praise and awards, despite poorly drawn backgrounds in Saga.

I wish I didn't know what you were talking aboutbut I do T_T

More.

everything looks the same as everything else and the originals didn't look good either. I miss the days when everything was ripping off animu

Mad Mod, wasn't it?

Women who look feminine?

What, are you trying to trigger me user?

if you're going to ape Rumiko Takahashi's style I expect the whole comic to look at least that good. Like seriously, bare minimum.

God damn I need the sort of connections these people have; My preferred drawing style may be animu shit but I'm an order of magnitude better than this.

to ruin things boys like of course.
if a guy is enjoying something that a girl isn't, it's got to go

The combined "disgusting traced non-effort disguised as cutesy kiddy stuff" art and utterly-insipid nonsense writing have both reminded just how much I loathe media made for "adults" (i.e. university twats with infinite money from mommy and daddy with which to whine forever about nothing) made in this pathetic excuse for a plot and art style.

To that end, my desire to make my own comic/cartoon/whatever the fuck about a cutesy female character using this kind of happy pastel art and drivel-tastic writing rises. However, it comes with the twist that at some point it'd suddenly turn into accurately-depicted reality kicking the main character right in the cunt over and over as she kept being a useless delusional womanchild like these wastes of humanity think is cute, until she finally got the hint and started being a competent adult with a concept of responsibility, or died trying. The same shit dumb cunts like Leth are pumping out, but with the fun effects of realistic consequences for stupidity blind-siding the protagonist until she grew a brain as a survival adaptation.

Maybe I'd find a way to make cutesy plot contrivances typical to this media type like magical girl/chosen destiny/sudden contact made with foreign entities bend over backwards and fuck themselves while I'm at it, like her getting magic powers that are useless as long as she keeps being useless herself, or a world-spanning threat she initially can't stop because she's a stupid sack of shit masquerading as an adult and it wrecks everything while she's off doing worthless nonsense to stroke her ego. Bonus points if the villain espouses realistic viewpoints held by a large portion of/the majority of people like the latest cape strawmen tend to do, only he's proven 100% right and wins to start with because of this rather than being a paper target for the shitty heroine to kick over effortlessly, and she can only win by accepting that he's right and she needs to change while still fighting him for dominance and control if not over ideals.

Just once, it'd be immeasurably-satisfying for a piece of media to star one of these kinds of reprehensible womenchildren (I feel like I'm overusing that term, but fuck does it fit them well) characters only considered cute by similarly-hopeless failures in reality, and just fuck her shit up so hard that it breaks her completely, and she slowly reassembles into a decent role model and interesting character over the course of the story. The breaking would already be amazing to witness/create, but the act of rebuilding her into a non-retarded and likable female character that is competent, and without needing to fuck reality to the point of retardation to make it remotely-feasible would be the icing on the cake. This is especially true considering how much it'd piss feminists off to see white straight guys making better characters than they ever could, out of the exact same primordial ooze they've been shitting in aimlessly for years now.

Potential basic plot structures I'm thinking of that this concept could be worked into:

Normally I'd shy away from going full-edge with making anything like in the last example, but overdone edginess and ultraviolence is the exact kind of intensive chemotherapy this safe-space-crouched cutesy pastel idiocy needs to cure its malignant inanity, especially if it's done in the same style as the original cutesy shit for some hard tonal dissonance. I'd read/write the shit out of "DOOM: 'Delusional Tumblrcunt Slowly Regains Her Sanity By Killing Everything' Edition", personally.

IT'S FUCKING CHEESY LASAGNA MAN

THEY REWROTE A CHARACTER FROM THE 40S TO BE THE CHEESY LASAGNA GUY

I'd read it or draw it

OP, Stop. Just stop. Storytime something good. But end this madness. I am begging you.

Yep. He does it twice, if I recall.

Then why you haven't already wake up? I'm seriously asking this, if all of this is part of a nightmare that you are having then please wake up and end with this.
I simply can't understand it, every issue just gets worse than the last one. This is shit it has absolutely nothing in it's favor, every aspect of this comic is just shit from his writing to his art nothing and the worse part, the part that gets me really angry, Leth is getting paid for this she's living comfortably thanks to doing this, when there's artists who no only do art but also write and produce their own comics, comics that give many turns to Leth's putrid shit and you know where they are right now? living in the misery because they don't work producing casual trash at Marvel, hard working artists and writers that have sacrifice more in their lives than Kate will ever do. Fuck her, fuck Marvel and fuck every single person that buyed this comic yes even you OP.

I've not read many comics, so maybe the villain or his concept is stolen from someone else, but I quite like it. A villain that travels around the world turning themeparks into horrible creations of death and destruction. I imagine them to be full of trapped games and insane, homosidal themepark visitors, still abandoned, because none of the SWAT teams that have entered have come out. It's silly and cartoonish, yet sinister. He's got an ok colour scheme as well. Perhaps he might be interesting in the hands of an actual better author.

Or, you know, just have every single machine backfires. What would the insentive to go to such a themepark? It would last one week, then it would either get shut down from lawsuits or not following safety regulations, or people would just stop comming. I imagined a forbidden, rumored area of land. A bit like if someone summoned cuthulu but contained him to a certain area, or Stephen King's mist.

They cheated — they declared victory without even letting poor Arcade get to try the ball-throwing.

Grill pywyr!

HOW DID IT GET WORSE

HOW DID THIS GET WORSE

Did Arcade actually do anything illegal? Does he own this park? It's implied that he built these contraptiosn a long time ago. If he does own the park, it wouldn't really be illegal to try and built a "murderworld" (although it probably violates government regulations). If it's not his property, why haven't anyone demolished his old machines? At most you could argue that he tied up the "heroes", and had them fight for their freedom, but then again, they came in there explicitly with the intention of assulting him.

Bi confirmed for attention seeking identity.

What?

I didn't even realize it was a guy. I thought it was a dyke.

That cover.

That ANYTHING!

Hercules is a faggot? Namor is a faggot? Wow, they can't stop tainting anything that isn't theirs.

Anyone has a caption of a post which explained how women are up to destroy anything a man holds dear for 5 minutes of attention?

You know, if you look at Patsy Walker as Kate Leth's author insertion character, then the book takes on a new meaning and actually makes sense. Though Patsy Walker, Kate is telling us that her life is painfully boring, she has no direction in her life, and she desperately wants female friends.

Hellcat is this generation's Sonichu. It's a book that's supposedly telling a story, but in reality is a chronicle of the author's sad and pathetic life.

Because god doesn't love you and, even if he could just wipe us all from earth with a meteor he wants to makes us suffer.

That's why he created asexuals too.

You know, if I saw this on Deviantart, I wouldn't think it looks too bad.

I would think it's a begginner artist who is still learning the craft. She's in the right direction, just need some improving. But no… this is not some 14 year old girl in Deviantart doing fanart of her favorite TV show… this is an actual artist, in her mid 20s, who was hired by Marvel Comics.

I used to look at comic books and think "man… I wish one day I will draw like these guys", but now I look at shit like this and think: "what the fuck? Even I can do better!"

I take back everything I ever said about Rob Liefeld! The 90s were a freaking golden age compared to where we are now.

I remenber when I used to look at the art in comic books and think: "man… one day I'll be as good as the pros!"

Now I look at stuff like this and think even I could do better. There is absolutely no way this person got a job in a major comic publisher without sucking dick.

This is the future of media. Comics, movies, video games, tv, all the big shots are purging anyone that rocks the boat. The market is flooded with spineless yes-men who's loyalty to corporate is valued far more highly than their actual talent.

Look deeply at it, Holla Forums. This is what art has become.

Why? He's one of the people responsible for the state of comics today. Just because the medium's landscape looks bleak I'm not going to look to the past with rose-tinted glasses and gloss over what (and who) contributed to this sorry state of things just because they were "less bad".

TL;DR: Stop being a nostalgiafag. Stop lying to yourself.

I feel like the marvel comics as a whole became like this. As if Marvel didn't care about sales anymore and so they are using this media to stroke the ego of people who sucked the right dicks.

Lazy inks, and no cleanup effort whatsoever spells that the artist did all of these pages during the very last days of the deadline, probably was too busy being triggered on Twitter to do a proper job.

It's clear that Natasha Allegri was the one drawing all of that. She's pretty known for her lax work ethic.
They made Bee and Puppycat. Promised eight episodes. We got six half-episodes, and five and six were only leaked for kickstarter backers so, according to them, they could milk the fans for more money in a future kickstarter.
And before then, each half-episode was like a month apart, and Frederator claimed that they post them as soon as the episodes are made.
So this cunt kept taking a month to make a 3-minute animation after she had an entire year to make them all on her kickstarter.

The last freaking night you mean. I heard Marvel have a police of always publishing a comic if it was finished in the deadline, even if it looks like garbage. But I'll be surprised if this girl is still employed.

Not even Greg Land (who is famous for finishing his comis in the shortest deadlines) is that bad.

That's probably because of how often he traces photos and other drawings that Marvel is either too retarded to notice or chooses to ignore.

Is that the guy who trace porn pictures for his comics? that's why nick fury is Samuel L Jackson.

also voiced by a jew

fuck man, I appreciate Liefeld so much better these days.
He drew women with big asses.
Was Alan freaking Moore's editor on a CAPE comic.
Created Deadpool and is adamant he's straight.
Sure his writing and art was famously bad but at least he had fucking lines in his art

comicgate when?

fuck off

yes. yes it is.
If you ever see a super heroine flying arms spread apart, eyelids half open like she's being fucked while snorting cocaine it's greg land art

You wouldn't even need to make it revolve around the fashion world specifically - though that would probably be the fastest/easiest way to do it - really any premise that involves characters frequently changing outfits like a having a "master of disguise" angle or giving a magical reason behind a lot of outfit changes works just as well.

this cant be real

C'mon, don't be like that user.

Hmmmmm

Wait a second. Why does Tom look like the "cheese" guy from that gay sex toy website comic?

Why couldn't the art of the comic resemble the pic in your post?

Because that kind of talent costs money. DC and Marvel can hire some incompetent tumblr artist or an office building filled with HUEHUEHUEs for less than half the cost of hiring one talented artist.

I mean, those suckers at the comic shop are gonna buy it anyway, so why bother?

Even Bengus has started giving up. Mostly because time is money and everyone keeps contracting him to draw stuff at the last minute.

It's bad enough the story mode is just a bunch of stills, the stills aren't even good

He likes stuff that I like (excluding bearded faggots)

Yet Bengus with a deadline of like an hour and five minutes can still produce better artwork than the storytime in this thread.

Retire Jennifer Walters. Have a new hottie take over for the She Hulk. Anything would be better…

It's probably for the best. I can only imagine how he would look as a Bee And Puppycat character

WAIT HE HAS A FUCKING MANBUN JESUS CHRIST IT ONLY GETS WORSE

This artist is the same chick who made Bee and PuppyCat. You know, that series that had so much potential and ultimately the pilot was just a cocktease made by people who werent Natasha Allegri so she could get millions of dollars to produce a garbage cartoon that will never get finished. Even admitted on twitter that it was intentional and the series was going to go her way and that she had everyone's money now so they couldnt do shit.

THIS IS WHY THE ART IS SHIT.

Natasha Allegri is also the cunt who pushed the whole Bubblegum/Marceline lesbian shit in Adventure time. When they wouldnt greenlight the idea in the sho, she took taht shit to tumblr and tried to push it as a canon idea. No shock, months later she "moves on" from Adventure time. (aka she got fired) But not before setting the course of that show into the gutter.

i come back to comics to read DC Rebirth then I see this

I enjoy these threads for the comments, but now thanks to I realized I have a friend who draws INFINITELY better than this and she can't barely get work, so now I'm feeling the rage here

Or thats what they think, their sales have been dropping like a stone.

Dude, anyone with any talent can draw better than this. It goes to show the incredibly sad state of western comics. The only people willing to work for them now are scam artists.

This is the work of Rumiko Takahashi. Compare this against the work of Natasha Allegri. Realize that Allegri is completely full of shit.

I also cast doubt on the whole "buying Ranma 1/2 books" thing as the only times she could've bought Ranma in the US is from 1992 to 2003, back when Viz published them as comic book floppies. In 2004, they started publishing them in graphic novel format, but considering that she would've been 17-18 at the time, that's a little old to be tracing comics.

Unless your Greg Land, that is.

It's not old if you don't actually give a fuck. Considering her age, she should've improved dramatically from that point, but her work is still deformed Ranma scribbles. It's like she didn't do anything to actually improve her work.

I'm the same age as Allegri. We both grew up during the anime boom. I'm a mediocre and lazy artist, but I could probably knock her to the curb on bad day. This is both shocking and insulting.

Her art otherwise it at least competent enough to know why she would have any career at all, just compare it to something I found from simple google search and you can see that she was just really fucking lazy this time around.

And like Andrew Dobson has showed us for years, worse than a bad artist is a mediocre artist who refuses to improve in his complacency and gets worse every year because of laziness.

Forgot to add: its just further proof that tumblr, and the SJW circlejerk destroys talent.

Wait a second, it's that the same Nat from adventure time?

Holy fucking shit… I remenber people worshipping her in half Holla Forums years ago because she drew lewds of Marceline and Bubblegum while still working in the show. She also had some cute comics about her cat.

Is this the same person who drew this Hellcat abomination?

An SJW with a shitty work ethic and no professionalism whatsoever. How surprising.

I like the style, reminds me of mid-80s anime
But it's done sloppily, I'll give you that. And it doesn't go with superheros, it should be some stand-alone stuff.

Sad that the story is bad.

I hope kate leths yellow ass teeth rot out of her fucking drugged out maw

Oh joy sex toy? Or which one?

He's talking about "Oh Joy Sex Toy." See

So she's literally afraid of making her characters go through conflict? The most important element of storytelling? How does she even qualify as a writer?

haven't you been paying attention? she doesn't. So long as you preach the 'right' values you don't have to be qualified for anything to work in this industry.

She's in the right cliques user, that's all that matters

When Barry saved his mother and fused the Berenstein and Berenstain universes. Just do what I do and blame the Flash. And also Grant Morrison and his fucking Hypercrisis. The man was fucking with things beyond any of our control.

Ed Brubaker re-tweeted something she wrote. While it was something rather inconsequential, it did give me pause, wondering how deep she is in the current comics scene.

On a side note, despite leaving Marvel five years ago, Brubaker's getting some of the heat about this Captain Hydra shit. It just goes to show how stupid these Cap shippers are.

Oni Press is going to be publishing Oh Joy Sex Toy as part of their new, diverse, feminist, queer friendly erotica imprint.

Because if there's anything that sets the mood for sex it's ugly amorphous blobs of flesh slapping vague impressions of gentles together.

I want this cunt to suffer for eternity
I remember when some user posted what Allegri send to her cuckstarter backers, it was pretty much some retarded blog post where she taked about her useless NEET life and her cat, and not a single word of Bee & Puppy Cat

Am I the only one thinking that Flashpoint was grossly overrated papa-Wayne excluded?

Nah, I agree personally. I just felt as though Flashpoint was the moment everything truly and totally fell apart. I mean media in general has been dying since AT LEAST 2007 but the year of Flashpoint 2011 along with 2012 was when the line of no return was crossed. The event horizon has been reached and we can't escape.

So thus, I blame the Flash. He's still one of my favorite Heroes though

You have a point there. 2011 was when both Sym-bionic Titan and Batman: Brave and The Bold were cancelled.

If she got fired, how did her hijinks push the show in that direction?

start everyone down a path and they will cascade in that direction even after you're gone
the only way to avert this is for someone in a position of power to stand against it

You can also thank her for Fionna and Cake. When people told her that Cake should look more like Jake(like the eyes), she threw a fit, iirc because she wanted her to look like her cat.

If I could stomach it (and I most certainly can't), I'd make an edit of that shitty strip. One reading of that fucking thing filled me with rage and nausea for at least two days.

I imagine if you sift through her followers you'll find she's pretty deep in it. Remember, a good deal of people in the industry are beta softboys who will do anything to please m'lady. She goes out of her way to make herself look like the quirky, artistic, nerd girl that those cucks just love. Which leads to middle aged dudes like Wark Waid who flip their shit whenever someone looks the wrong way at some 25 year old hipster chick who acts like she's 15.

At least BATB had a good run with an excellent ending. I wish the same could be said for SBT.

It's not unnatural to get attached to your characters when writing a story, but goddamn, you put those personal feelings aside for these people who literally do not exist in order to tell a good story.

I think that's the issue with these SJWs, they can't divorce reality from fiction and thus are literally incapable of telling a good story.

Agreed. This is the most vapid shit I have ever read. It's just like listening to liberals on a podcast. The most insubstantial, idiot thoughts spilling rapidfire out of their spacious heads, zero self awareness to how awful they are, thoroughly convinced everything they say is flaxen gold.

Several years ago, if you asked me to wish for something that could make the world a better place, I'd probably have wished for some kind of technology or something that would improve things… Now I just want I Death Note. I want it so bad.

NO.
FUCK YOU NATASHA ALLEGRI.
YOU DO NOT GET TO BRING THAT SHIT TO THE ATTENTION OF YOUR INSUFFERABLE FAGGOT AUDIENCE.
YOU DO NOT GET TO INSINUATE THAT YOUR ABORTION OF A COMIC HAS BEEN INFLUENCED IN ANY WAY BY ANYTHING OTHER THAN YOUR OWN DEGENERATE RETARDATION.
DON'T YOU DARE TRY TO PASS THE BLAME ONTO CLASSIC ANIME SERIES.

Go storytime it now.

HELL no.

The dub-dubs compel you.

I would imagine the faces are original, but I'd bet real money in light of the character of the writer and artist (those terms being used loosely) that several key poses, if not the majority of them from this and other issues, have been traced from other works.

Lets see some proof of that claim user.

You lack the power.

It's not a high bar, but sure, since you asked.

I mean fuck, I'm pretty amateur and I don't grasp shading well but I can at least pump out work that doesn't look like deviant art tier bullshit.

I was about to start making fun of your art, but on whether or not if it's better than the art in this comic is actually arguable. And this is published by Marvel and you're a super novice on the internet. All you have to do now is fuck a cancer patient.

And don't brush your teeth

I mean I never said I was good, my art has tons of problems with it and I would never compare myself to an actual comic book artist.

I'm just saying it's sad that a case can even be made against the quality Marvel churns out now.

Say what you want, but my lineart is tons cleaner (as well as finished) compared to this garbage.

Additionally, I'm pretty sure all I'd have to do to get a job at Marvel at this point is declare myself trans.

I don't know what I hate more, Allegri's lazy art or her and Kate's rampant obsession with Sailor Moon
The overall feel of this shit feels like those two cunts wanted to do a Sailor Moon comic or some shit, even their main bad guy feels like something that would come out of that animu

I think the Sailor Moon thing bothers me the most, because they should know better than to act like enormous, obnoxious cunts if they really gave a fuck about Sailor Moon. Every fucking season was about being nice, understanding people, getting over personal troubles, and love.

Leth and Allegri as just a bunch of salty, miserable twats who misguidedly obsess over the show because they think the message is GIRLS ARE GREAT BOYS ARE DUMB

Honestly, it'd work. All you gotta do is apply, get rejected, make a social media buzz about how you're trans and got rejected and how there's no diversity in the workplace and how guys have to do better. The white knight doormats in the industry and a blue haired virtue signalers will take pity on you, and your connections will get you signed up with an indie scene. Ride that to prove your real talent and then Image hires you and then you move onto Marvel. Then you have some sort of social tenure–they can't fire you less face a PR backlash and you'll always have your name on something for twitter points.

It really depresses me that this is completely sound and viable.

For some reason, tumblr has this fantasy of Sailor Moon being this 'GURRRL POWER' animu, when it wasn't. Probably because of the lesbian couple that they wank over.

I hate Leth as much as you do fellas, but is Allegri the one that I hate the most
She did fuck-all with the money of the kikestarter for Bee & Puppycat, then she had the guts to send those blog posts to her backers that explained nothing at all of what happened with the series.
And let's not forget that she's the main reason of why Bubbline faggotry is a thing in the first place

I want this cunt to suffer for eternity

iirc she was a cunt and actually rubbed it in people's faces that she took their money and could do whatever she wanted with it, too. I think she deleted the twitter post, though.

The most baffling thing, though, is that she doesn't seem like she was always this bad. If you look at her first tumblr posts, they all seem good.
Then somewhere along the way, she started getting more whiny and more noodle arm-loving. I think it was ultimately Pen Ward's influence that fucked her and other animators over.

it's hard to consider it strictly girl power when Tuxedo Mask shows up in nearly every episode to save the day and enable Moon to use her bad guy destroying power of the arc

Nat here reminds me of a fish flopping around on land (you should show some professionalism when Ebegging)

…How does someone have that much initial talent, get picked up by the industry, draw regularly, and get substantially and progressively worse to such a degree?

I swear to God that it almost looks like constant brain damage. Too many people are just becoming stupid out of nowhere, and some of them where people with prospects, or even a history of being actually good, both in their art and personality-wise.

I know I sound like an exaggerated conspiracy theorist, but this scares me to see and think about, the way these people's talents go out the window with their political rationality, and that's before you see how unhealthy or even self-destructive their lifestyles become when the restyle their images to enter the "blue-hair club". It's like a zombie factory, I honestly think something is being done to these people.

They were replaced by space pod people.

Godammit Holla Forums. Quit shitting up this board with your "space pod people" talk. We all know they were killed and replaced by experimental androids created by Google.

It really wouldn't surprise me if a lot of these people haven't seen or read any Sailor Moon since they were a kid, or they haven't seen any of it at all. It almost seems like they quickly skimmed wikipedia, got the basic idea and filled in the rest with their mind. I have a friend who does that, and it drives me up the wall. Then again, it's sadly all too common for these people to treat their crazy headcannon like it's just as important as the official cannon.

You see a lot of artistic degradation with these people because they end up surrounded by ass kissers, so they get lazy and feel no need to improve. You see it all the time, these people post their art on their tumblr and (as long as it's not problematic) they get nothing but praise. The moment someone offers some constructive criticism, people will dogpile on them and call them a bully. When everyone thinks you're amazing, why challenge yourself and get better?

Also this. I'm sad to say I've lost friends because they turned into these zombies. They went off to college one year and then came back obsessed with the importance of intersectional feminism and found offense at every corner. I was willing to put that aside and keep hanging out, but the moment Gamergate happened and I supported it, I was branded a shitlord and years of friendship was just ignored. It really is like something out of Invasion of the Body Snatchers.

Your ideas intrigue me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

This bitch looks just like Patricia Hernandez

Ideological subversion in action

a japanese alcoholic with 0 art skills is beetter than a paid illustrator at marvel

I'm noticing this more and more, and I'm going to call it the Homestuck effect.

It's what happens when someone weasels into a "fandom" by casually observing it in passing on tumblr. They never play the game, watch the show, read anything or actually engage with it in any meaningful way.. But they'll reblog the " is a transgyrl!" rants, or the headcanon shit where some faggot insists that every character is a black gay autistic muslim, or those shitty pictures where the character has a "down with cis" or "smash the patriarchy" t-shirt.

Knowing nothing else of the plot or characterization or the actual substance of the series, all they can do is fill the rest with bullshit tumblr feminist ideology and SJW nonsense. They don't know these series at all, but they think they understand it in a meaningful and deep way because feminist critical theory convinces them that their interpretation is always the best and most right.

They did it with Homestuck (which wasn't trash until Hussie gave into these faggots), they did it with Undertale, they did it with Sailor Moon, and they are currently doing it with Overwatch.

I use to consider myself a loser for dropping out of high school and never attending college. But as I started learning about what modern day college does to so many people, I started feeling like me not going to college was an accomplishment, like I avoided getting caught by some kind of illuminati super ninja agents and getting replaced by a cyborg that looks exactly like me.

I went as far as getting an Associate's Degree at a community college. It did nothing for me, but it was still an accomplishment as far as my family goes. My younger brother decided to get his Master's and he's currently at an art school in pothead territory.

The poor kid isn't even taking any gender studies courses and he still tells me how fucking stressed he gets from constantly getting assaulted with all the white privilege/racism/sexism/misogyny/etc bullshit everywhere he goes.

If Holla Forums here ever gets off their ass and finally decides to make their own Holla Forums collab comic, the low bar standard should be as follows:

"Any comic must have a higher visual quality than Pasty Walker A.K.A. Hellcat! #6 with art by Natasha Allegri.''

Nice work user, it's certainly not terrible that's for sure. Have you tried checking out any resources from the /loomis/ board?

I'm old enough now (my wizarding is in a few days) to have seen the transformation of education.

When I first started studying art in college, it was very practical. You had old hippy professors who demanded their students understand the fundamentals of form, shape, color, design, etc. They actively made courses hard as to weed out the weak. Of course, they were political (they were old hippies after-all), but there was a very clear divide between their personal politics and their professional lives.

That all changed when some professors retired and they hired new ones. They lacked the experience of the old ones, having lived their entire lives in colleges, going from pre-grad to grad without ever getting a real job. They lowered the standards of all the courses, placing more value on meaning than skill. They looked down on practical artists and gave favor to those that shared their political ideals. By the time I graduated, they had utterly gutted the entire department, with all sense of community destroyed, and ready to be remade in their image.

I'm sure its about money too, "Hey, lets lower the bar so more people attend and we make even more money!"

Thats also the effect of colleges being private in the US, with no upheld standards in education quality. The colleges have more incentive to treat the students like customers instead of students or apprentices. And as a result they pamper the students instead of teach them something.

I spent 2 years in an art academy in my country, which was also a private entity. Difference was, although they did not give any grades per se, they did highlight from the very beginning that learning something new is our student's job and teachers are advisors and cheerleaders who push us to try out things that we dont yet know. Whether one chose to pay attention in class, do all the exercises or just sit in the facebook all day was all up to the student. The courses were not cheap, so slacking off or mouthing off at the teacher was basically student wasting his own money.

That academy had reputation of bringing new talent to the field of art, mostly because those who were determined were given the tools, teaching and advice on pretty much anything new they wanted to learn, the school even imported professionals to have week-long courses about something if the student wanted to learn something particular from them. More than half of the class was made of yaoi-teenage girl tumblrettes whose parents paid their way in, not a single one of them has made a career out of art afterwards, mostly because they were the lazy slackers who said stuff like "I dont need to learn the skeleton to draw! I'll never draw skeletons anyway!"

Precure is better anyways…

But Kate Leth's name is on the over already.

pic 3 panel 1
panel 2
panel 3
final panel

pic 1 panel 6

Why?

Kate Leth didn't draw the cover, stupid. That's Brittney Williams. You'd know her if you actually read the series like a true fan. She's the artist assigned to Hellcat and another Comics Alliance crony. It seems Marvel is letting the CA staff do their talent hunting.

Don't let this art fool you. She really cannot draw comics. She's one of those bland character designers that think they're cartoonists.

I'm trying to remember why I've previously filtered the channel this was posted on, "Cartoon Hangover"…

It's been that way for awhile now. I remember there was a digging thread way back that looked into Comics Alliance, and it seemed that quite a few of the writers like and artists that have come to Marvel recently - Kate Leth included - were either working for or being promoted by CA.

Quite a few of them were also friends with Marvel writers like Matt Fraction and Chip Zdarsky. Which might also explain why Comics Alliance seems like it often gives Marvel a lot of preferential treatment when it comes to reviews and such.

It's not even like that in my experience. While I'm not in college for art, I have taken art classes. It's almost always abstract crap. I've had to learn anatomy by myself.
Though I have to say college isn't always 'muh misogyny' everywhere. Joking about triggers is common in my college, and that campus that the 'KEEP YOUR HATE SPEECH OUT OF MY CAMPUS' shit is from should definitely get brownie points for having anti-SJWs host an event to tell feminists they're full of shit.

I studied journalism in college a couple years ago, and while most of the profs were professional and industry veterans, we had one instructor ("world media" or something like that, can't remember exactly what) who would often go on tangents about the REAL history of the world and the REAL dangers out there for women, etc. I remember on the first day he somehow sidetracked himself into talking about the biological differences in the sexes, and he said something along the lines of "the idea that men are stronger than women is completely false, and is derived from a single exercise in the upper body." At the time, I smelled bullshit since every girl I had met in high school and at the college was made of fucking toothpicks, but I didn't have the knowledge base to call him out on it. I regret not doing it, since I would have liked to see the fireworks.

There was also a guy in the class who ended up yelling at me, in class, because I politely disagreed with him about feminism and the plight of women everywhere, which was an experience. There were several monumentally stupid people in that class.

It's always Comic motherfucking Alliance. What the fuck is with that shitty site? We should start digging up information on it.

It seems to me that it's usually college kids that are the least SJ ones out of everyone in colleges. There's the few loudmouths, but they're taught this by retarded teachers. Most kids I know can think for themselves.
I knew a girl in one of my classes that was titled something like 'Comparative Politics,' who, when my teacher talked about the benefits to having a certain percentage of women required to be in office, spoke up and was strangely redpilled. Beyond even just the 'women should only get the job they can work for' kind of stuff. I was surprised that the first RL redpiller I met was an Asian girl, to say the least.

Also had a teacher who liked constantly mentioning the gender pay gap and how women are oppressed, and when guys tried saying guys have it bad too, he'd shoot them down. But then I went on about how the gap was a myth and how it's not really that bad at all to be a girl in the western world, and since I have tits, he shut up.

…Oh, though I find it interesting the one class that we learned about the myth of the gender pay gap in… Was taught by a 30-something-year-old woman who was the child of a couple hippies (her first name was Magic).

But like I said, there are college kids. But they're usually just a few loudmouths, not the majority. That said, just today I had some faggot friend I knew in high school that was part of that old 'I'M BISEXUAL' trend back when that was cool, come out as "transgender." So they're definitely a reality.

Maybe they managed to find out some dirt on people in the industry and, rather than selling some clicks with it, they decided to go the blackmail route instead.

Go on.

Google is a company that deals with computers
GO[d]|OGLE

Merely coincidence goyim

MERELY FUCKING COINCIDENCE

The saddest words of tongue and pen…

….Motherfucker

Scumbags and retards stick together..

Call the motherfucking Inquisition, this industry needs to be purged

Seriously, I never realized that western animation was THIS cucked…

You must be new here…

Told this once before here but during the years in animation school we had a couple of tumblrettes in the class. In my country the culture is so "spartan" that whining about stupid shit is generally looked down upon, so SJWs are a minority.

Anyway, they did not really like me for three reasons.

One: I am very social, but also very frank and blunt with things I say, openly critisizing both others and myself if something fucks up. That made a lot of the more shy and socially awkard classmates comfortable around me (to a point many of them joined in my animation project) since I was harsh but fair to everyone. The SJWs didnt like it because they hate any and all criticism.

2. I ran a comic club every wednesdays, basically anyone could come in, we would draw shit on our sketchbooks, do Croquis-art, talk shit about movies, comics and animation. One of the SJWs tried to get offended at something another person in the club said, I shot her down immediatly, that she has no business attending any social gatherings if she gets offended so easily at something someone says.

3.They hated me because the foreign exchange students, hailing from Iceland, France, Russia and one girl from India preferred to join me for a beer in a bar after school, instead of going to the safe space meetings organized by the SJWs.

I remember in the supper queue one day I stood right behind them, casually asked how is their short film animation going and gave them some advice on how to make some of the scenes in the storyboard little less painful to animate. One of them threw a temper tantrum, saying I was trying to tell them what to do in the animation and that I have no right to comment on it and shit. She almost burst into tears when I just smiled and giggled at her.

I get why some of these same faces keep showing up, but some of them just confound me. Like what's the deal with that spacedad guy and why does he seem to be so popular. I tried looking into him, but apparently I'm blocked. He reeks of Weird Twitter though, so I can only assume it's goon connections at work.

Hes an SA goon who was so creepy goons hated because he creeped on every goon girl about

Reminder on who Jessica nightmare is

Like the world needed another overly opinionated, self-righteous tranny with a chip on his shoulder who deals strictly in awful, long-winded strawman comics.

Also, that art is repulsive in every possible way.

I looked up his twitter.
It's mostly him calling people who hate the female Ghost Busters and censorship "neo-nazis" and "tyrants" who secretly hate free speech while loving hate speech.
So exactly what you'd expect.

They have a tumblr of their art and while they're not terrible tier, they're pretty poor. They're not good at exaggeration and they have very little line confidence.

superspacedad.tumblr.com/

twitter.com/JesskaNightmare/status/720319622914768896

That's Shmorky's doing, innit? If I remember right, he's one of those old, old goons and is a personal friend of Lowtax.

Suddenly I'm not afraid of hell anymore.

Hitchcock is rolling in his grave right now

Possibly

I mean I see this freak retweeting him so dunno how close they are

art looks alike

dunno if its cus their friendly or what

speaking of him

That or toxic masculinity.

Which is funny because he only went crazy because of an overbearing mother.

Yeah, if you've spent any time at SA you can always smell the goon off these people from a million miles away. Then again, you can always spot a chan user too, which is probably why goon shit stirrers are so easy to spot around here.

That's the one, thank you.

But a rather high percentage of trans people actually are killers It's just themselves that they end up killing. Also, I don't know what the definition of trans is these days, but I only think one of those characters is a tranny and it's the girl from Sleepaway Camp, who was a little boy who was raised a girl which ended up driving him nuts. It's been a while but I only remember Buffalo Bill dressing up as some sort of a kink. Norman Bates actually thought he was his mother and dressed up in her clothes. At the end of the movie they actually specifically say that he's not transsexual. Then again, that would be implying that they actually watched any of these movies.

Who is she and how did you get her to follow you?

trade secret faggot

Of all the things in the world, why on Earth would God really care about this? Where in the bible does it say "Let thon and xir use whichever restroom they deem worthy".

Or is this the liberal interpreation of Jesus where he was cool with everything and hates those evil conservatives who believe in him, instead loving the trannies who only bring him up when they need to validate themselves?

You some kind of a double agent? Living the SJW life by day and then spilling the beans on hatechan at night?

I just need to know what the deal with the Beckster is? She lives in Toronto, so she's obviously scum.

I forget at times how pathetic Lowtax is.

It's not a revelation but the work in the first three is miles better than her current output.

The third picture's skirt looks a bit deformed though.

WEW
E
W

That actually sounds pretty comfy aside from the hambeasts.

SocJus wannabe e-celeb and verified goon. Inserted himself a vocal Twitter moron orbiting the cadre Holla Forums's been dealing with the last two years or so.

What the fuck is it with easily assblasted trannies. Every-fucking-time.

The firt one is very flat and far too busy. The second one could be good, but the perspective lines make her closer to us leg much larger than it should be. But these are illustrations, and probably took hours upon hours to complete, something which you do not have time for when illustrating a comic. And the faces look ripped from disney.

Pure cancer. Ironic how she follows all those retards when most of them are pedophiles and people who talk about tolerance while also saying they want to kill people.

Superspacedad is a crazy goon that works for some animation company. He used to be on something awful before he started stalking some of the women there and got banned.

Why do those mouths bother me so much?

Because they look like shit.

somethingsensitive.com/index.php?topic=7585.msg313468#msg313468

I'm positive that the second pic is aping on a perspective that Eiichiro Oda uses in One Piece all the time. In fact, I'm almost certain I've seen pictures of Nami in that exact pose. He'll often have limbs extending right into the reader's face to accentuate his long and lanky character designs. However because her style isn't as exaggerated, this technique doesn't quite work with her..

Welp, not sure I can look at more of that. The only thing I thought while reading it was "THIS WAS FUCKING PUBLISHED BY MARVEL". Which means there is not a reason at all that any of us can't just make a fucking comic, we can't do worse. So get to it, people!

I hate to bump such cancer, but has anyone done a video or some kind of good report on why everything about this comic is awful?

There's been a bunch of posts throughout these threads that tread on that. Basically, if I can remember all the high notes, it's this:

To add on to that, this and other works by Allegri and Leth feed into a stereotype that girls aren't into comics and TV shows with action and adventure as the topic, only relatively boring things like going to Coney Island or wallowing in unemployment and leftover lasagna.

The issue covered by OP and all that I've seen of Allegri's magnum opus, Bee & Puppycat are like elaborate parodies of what the crazier ("postmodern") part of Tumblr finds captivating. I find it funny, but not in a way the people behind this stuff would appreciate.

I wouldn't take issue with their shitposting on Twitter, it's to be expected of their kind. I am a little disappointed, though, that the time of the artists working on the cartoon was wasted on such schlock, and for the comic, readers deserve better than this for $3.99 and that Fred Seibert and Marvel need to stop enabling this bland shit.

This is the shit that confuses me the most. I KNOW the kind of comics women read and create. They have strong characters and most go into some very dark places. None of them are even remotely like this nihilistic, self-centered, sugar coated garbage. Even fucking Naoko Takeuchi is more hardcore than these bitches.

The kind of woman that would make garbage like this has to be the most immature in history.

She's keeps saying how's she queer and "helping" queer kids (by giving them her comics for some reason) but she has a boyfriend (and has had them in past) and that's not even getting the affair with the guy who died of cancer.

How can she say she's queer when technically she would be bi?

Have you even seen the short comic made by the showrunner of Green Lantern:The Animated Series, Giancarlo Volpe, when kids were focus tested with an episode what would happen was:

giancarlovolpe.tumblr.com/post/82641459722/a-little-behind-the-scenes-look-of-the-early

It weird to see, it feels like if you want a story to succeed with girls AND boys you basically have to put in romance AND action (not one or the other).

It might be part of the reason why shows like Kim Possible, Star vs The Forces of Evil and Miraculous Ladybug seem to have gotten so popular, because they can combine both (and do it well) and still include occasional slice of life, down to earth "normal" stuff as well.

While stuff like Hellcat, seems to think, lets make the slice of life, down to earth stuff and throw in a superhero threat (which then stops being normal).

Your life's boring! Lets go to an amusement park, but we end up fighting a villain, who uses amusement park games as deathtraps!

If I may; while all your points are somewhat true and are far from detached from the issue, I think you're being slightly naive.
Thing is, it's not because "marvel is a bunch of SJWs"; even if it were right, this isn't the point, and the ones in charge would get shafted if, even for the sake of progressiveness, they made the house lose millions every month. Marvel is a multi-billions dollars industry, so it's rich enough to despise anything that will make them lose money.

What that means, then, is that there is another actual reason as to why execs allow this shit to so obviously flop and drop, user.
The reason is, they don't care about losing money.
Now, there is only a single situation where execs are fine with losing money : in case of investments.
Marvel is entirely aware that those comics are garbage, awful, ugly, insulting. They know, and they don't care about the content. What they care about is two-fold :
- cost-reduction, namely, retards like Kate Leth and her friends are so weak-willed and idiotic that they are ready to work 20 hours a day for two years for a pay that even mcdonald's robots would REFUSE to work for. They are people with no sense of self, so anything that validates them, any TITLE, is enough to make them suck your cock and drink your shit if you so ask in return. If Marvel says "make twenty of those for monday", they will crawl down and obey and never even ask how much money they're getting from it. They'll do it just so they can scream "I AM A MARVEL CARTOONIST, I WRITE COMICS FOR MARVELS, I AM SO FAMOUS AND IMPORTANT". Marvel aren't stupid, they entirely understand how Kate Leth-likes function, and they abuse them because it's a win-win situation : they spend less money on people who don't even want to get paid;
- planning, namely, comics are dead user, nobody reads comics in America user, no one gives a fucking shit, only passionate people read them and no one likes those fucking nerds
Remember that sketch by red letter media where two marketers yell at a comic-geek ? It's not a joke. It's reality user. In short : Marvel doesn't like comics, because they barely rake in any money even when they're created and marketed right. They're not profitable enough.
However, MOVIES BRING IN BILLIONS IN, NIGGA
Marvel cares about movies, wants more movies. However, they know that after two, three, perhaps four of the same superhero on the screen, audiences lose interest. They need to be told there's a TOTALLY NEW HERO ON THE BLOCK that is so cool, and not at all retelling precisely the same story as the previous one, just with a different beard ! Nuh uh ! It's all new !
So Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, etc., they're temporary. They're temporary because after a while, nobody wants to watch their shit anymore (except, again, nerds, but fuck nerds, amirite ?). That's not where the money lies.
So what they need to make sure happens, is that they have a neverending series of creatures they can just pick and put in a film, and everyone will flock to it as long as there is mindless action, some smidget of romance/emotion, and a predictable plot that will allow you to go on facebook during the film and still not be confused by what's happening.

In ten years, user, Marvel movies will be Hellcat and Squirrel Girl. Not because of "progressives" or because of "SJWs", they're tools, they're ammo, they're worthless, they're money-machines. No, merely because at least it feels new to dumb audiences who spend their cash on anything that entertains them for two hours.

Those comics are garbage because they are made by incompetent, talentless hacks; but the quality of the work is irrelevant if it means you can pay the artists close to nothing, and ensure that you are getting a new feature film in ten years that will live for at least five more years of billions of dollars.

The only thing we can do to ease the pain is die.

No kidding. Read any fanfiction.net garbage written by a teenage girl and you got more murder and rape in them than what you get in your standard torture porn movie. When female writers go edgy, they go in all the way to the levels of Garth Ennis.

Even Holla Forums's webcomic darlings get superdark sometimes, with themes like mass-murder, slavery and child-rape. Pics related.

The worst part about this is that it probably won't end for a very very long time. Marvel has a lot of superheroes to give spotlight and then make into movies. But there's no way it can work for too long–would anyone really give a shit about a Squirrel Girl movie? People barely gave a shit about Fantastic Four when the first one came out. I don't think they'd be able to milk anything past an A-lister and have it worth it.

I'm pretty hopeful that once the Avengers / Guardians movie stop, people will be tired of superhero movies and not care anymore. Casuals might be completely braindead–but even people got tired of Assassin's Creed and CoD after long enough.

But then thats not a guarantee that comics will get better. Most superhero comics have been bad for nearly a decade now when both DC and Marvel have been cutting corners with writers and artists and editors are ruining everything and hiring their untalented friends to write the comics.

Catering to SJWs is their desperate attempt to garner in a new audience that sure is loud on Tumblr but does not spend a dime in comics. Difference this time is they're openly hostile to their old audience, alienating even the most autistic of collectors away from the hobby. Its a downward spiral with no end in sight and the movies are pretty much the only thing keeping them afloat this point.

Kinda like how GW is still a thing because of video game licenses bringing in new ground to their Warhammer-franchises, despite them being assholes to their original tabletop-fans for years.

Westerns have been the thing for 30 years. Who knows how long cape films will last…

You forgot one thing about Marvel - they know how to handle their properties and how to market them. Guardians of the Galaxy were not well known even among comic book crowd, but now Groot and Rocket Racoon are household names. Not to mention that Marvel movies break box office records. Meanwhile, other stuidos still struggle to replicate Marvel's success while having properties like Fantastic 4, X-Men, or Spider-Man, with few rare exceptions like Deadpool.

Well, westerns are my favourite movie genre. Spaggetti westerns really, but you know what I mean I wish they made more,

So… I've been thinking about making animated comics on youtube, but my art suck ass and It goes pretty much as bad as Carls Institute abortions.

Should I make my animated comic about spaggetti western in generic D&D world?

No. You should learn to draw first if your art is shit. Better yet, animate the whole thing, fastest way to both learn to draw and do your thing when you draw the same thing over and over again thousands of times.

Speaking of westerns, have you seen the trailer the Magnificent 7 remake?

Looks fucking awful to me.

Why animated comic? I'm not implying that it's bad - I'm just genuinely curious why, because that's pretty unconventional choice.

Aside from that, is right about fixing your art if it's shit and time helping you flesh out and improve your story. Having said that, you can get away with bad art it if your writing is good, plot is interesting enough, or it really stands out in a good way. South Park is horrendous visually, but writing carries it, same for One Punch Man, and Mind MGMT.

You never want to jump into the projects you really want to do unless you're properly prepared. If you think your art sucks, I'd suggest doing a some throw-away projects first so you get the hang of things.

Not only will give you practice in drawing and writing a comic for the future, but starting off with something that you aren't seriously invested in outside of practice/fun means you don't have to worry so much about sucking in some places and you can focus on branching out into areas you're weak in. A common pitfall I see artists get stuck in is that they avoid leaving their comfort zone as much as possible, so when they need to draw things outside of it they struggle. Spreading out and learning a bunch of different things at once also allows you to learn faster, in my experience.

But Marvel is bleeding massive quantities of money out the ass. It's understandable that you are trying to rationalize the insane behavior of leftists and consoles yourself with the thought that all of this is somehow adhering to some form of human logic, it's comforting to think that Disney doesn't care and isn't actively encouraging Marvel to go full retard, or that Marvel isn't run by filthy leftists.

It makes the rape of everything you love and cherish by the Marxist subhumans at least somewhat tolerable.

Let me dissuade you of that notion. Marvel is doing this because they genuinely want to promote this trash, they are fully on board. No sane company would release shit like this, multiple titles at that, see the massive bleeding of money they are met with pas the first few issues and keep on going.

You're telling me they can't find a bunch of autistic nerds that know the characters and their histories inside out and give them a crack? They'd do slave labor just like the cunt writing this atrocity, yet they keep hiring her and others like her.

It's the same fucking reason Disney shat out that nigger "princess" animated movie, only for it to crash and burn. Everyone knew nobody wanted to see niggers ape human behavior, yet Disney still went and did it anyway.

You have to face reality user, and understand these people are after everything you love and treasure, and they will never stop trying to destroy it until you put a bullet in their brains.

I wouldn't say it's that they don't care about losing money - I'm sure the comics division does considering all the corners they're cutting to save money - so much that their parent companies don't give a shit about comics.

Disney's pretty much pulled the same shit with Marvel that they did when they acquired Pixar in that they've gutted the company of all it's real talent and valuable assets and then left the rest to fend for itself. They make billions off the movies, television and merchandise - and the vast majority of the people purchasing those products don't read the comics. Hell, Disney cares so little about comics that their tie-in material to their Marvel animated shows is literally screen shots from episodes copy-pasted into panels.

At this point it's pretty clear that Disney and even Marvel Entertainment doesn't think of comics as much more than just extra advertising, and that probably won't change any time soon unless the comics start hurting movie and product sales.

Only one thinking its a bad thing is you. It was an observation, nothing more.

I wish this could be dismissed as edgy, but it's fact. I hope that our generation will put an end to these evil creatures disguised as people, because I don't want our children to suffer life in the type of world we are currently in.

Well, my teachers suggested me to just write a book with the idea.

It was a dossier for an adult animation cartoon, but also they suggested me to do stuff about the project, be it interactive comics or whatever.

I wish I could get an actual artist interested to plan something.

Well, mostly because I suck at animating or anything artistic relater nor have people to do some voice over, yet I was interested in include some western soundtrack.

Indeed it does. I kinda dislike westerns when they look too clean.

Without italian and spanish actors westerns look too clean for my taste. Don't know if I explain myself.

Nothing edgy to it. Destroying and defiling what you love and cherish gives them power over you. It's as simple as that. They ruin all the things we care about and then force the majority of the pathetic betas to praise them for it.

It's the same thing that all Marxist societies do, they tell lies and keep telling them, the more outrageous the better, and eventually force you to tell the same lies as well, so you too know that you are part of the evil. It's intellectual cuckolding.

There is no hope, really. The cure will be worse than the poison, at least for us, because the only way you'll ever get these fucks to stop is to unleash brownshirts to smash the everloving shit out of them, break their craniums on the pavement and spill their brains out, and shoah all their pets.

They are now so entrenched, both physically and mentally, that only a complete purge will ever fix it. And if no purge is to happen then we'll just be the last generation that remembers what it was like when the West wasn't Mexico/Africa/ME 2.0.

Isn't that mostly a woman behavior more than a marxist behavior?

There was a great post some user made about women's reaction to male dominated hobbies, but I guess noone has it.

What is this and why does it tells the truth?

Don't really know the source. But I heard it was from 10 years ago.

Looks like he's talking to Stan Lee, so probably some post-Marvel project he worked on.

I wonder if it weren't for Disney buying Marvel would these shits be dead in the ground like they deserve?

He saw the fucking future. Also why is he talking to Hack Lee? He should go back in time and talk to the only person who matters. Omni-King Jack Kirby.

About 10 years ago there were a bunch of one shots called Stan Lee Meets that involved him meeting Spider-Man, Silver Surfer, Dr Strange, The Thing etc (So mostly characters whom he stole credit for). It's likely from one of those. The Thing one probably.

I think marvel being near dead is what got it sold in the first place. Like watching a garaunteed death going through chemo.

Its the movies, merchandise- and the toyline that made Marvel look potentially valuable for Disney in the first place. Not the comics.

FUCKING CRAP

fuck off

THIS IS THE FUTURE I DIDN'T CHOSE

It's impossible man. A shape shifting alien who often associated with Fantastic Four and other characters that venture into space and other dimensions. He is sort of a joke character, in some ways similar to Mxyzptlk.

It's from first issue of Stan Lee meets Dr. Strange. Impossible Man was upset about aftermath of 1st Civil War, and went to see Stan Lee to explain what the fuck is going on.

I understand, it all makes sense to me now.

This is hell, and Kate Leth is Satan, punishing us for our sins.

Fuck you for doing this and fuck me for putting myself through it

??????

How the fuck is Arcade even free from prison anyway? And why does Hellcat need to be carried everywhere?

???????????????????????

Why did he paint his eye different colors?

HAHA FUNNY JOKE LETCH

Since when does fucking She-Hulk have Bullseye-level accuracy?

Kill me, Pete!

Can Hellcat and She-Hulk just fucking fuck already?

??????????????????????????????

Shut the fuck up Val you french faggot

your faggot nation caused SJWs

Marvel could very easily find thousands of better writers for dirt cheap on FanFiction.net so why the fuck do they still employ Letch?

Oh no! Not Muh Mettle!

Im still salty about it.

=KILL ME, PETE

user, I don't think you read the part where I mentioned losing a few hundreds of thousands for each series they rape is jack SHIT compared to the billions they rake in for each movie adaptation. They don't care about a bit of money if it means in ten years they get tons of profits from it without even lifting a finger.

no they don't. They're a multibillion dollars company with decades of experience in marketing and moneymaking. They can do anything they want on this planet because they can fucking read the future. Imagining they're doing this for any ideological reason is lunatic, user. You're a lunatic.
They don't give the slightest crap about politics. They care about money and profit. If they are doing ANYTHING, it means that'll bring it a fuckton of dosh. Otherwise they would've stopped YEARS AGO.
They do not make mistakes, user. They destroy your stuff not because they hate you, but because you simply don't matter.

yes they could, but no, those nerds wouldn't do slave-labor. First off, if the result was shitty, they'd either risk leaving, or telling everyone that it sucks (if not even leak facts about the working conditions and shit); second, autistic nerds actually have some sort of self-respect, ever so tiny, and that's massively more than what kate leth and her goons have; third, respecting the characters would've pleased the "old" crowd, who will go watch the movies anyway, and if they don't, who cares, there's maybe a hundred of those guys who give a shit anyway. "New" crowds don't necessarily stick around, but mainstream audiences just give a shit about the "new" : "hey, it looks like something I never watched before yet without being in the slightest mentally challenging enough for me to care, remember or get bored, I guess I'll pay for it !"

Ow the edge
in all seriousness user, you're kinda full of shit. The movie did fairly well; but anyway, disney is fucking satan, do you seriously in the slightest imagine they're doing SHIT for progressive reasons you retard ? Are you literally twelve you goddamn faggot ?
IT'S DISNEY. They sell twelve years old girls' virginities on prime time television, and if rape became profitable they'd be the fucking first in lines buying out twenty vietnamese kids a minute. They'd make rape-factories. You can't seriously genuinely imagine disney is doing ANYTHING out of a sense of goodness you absolute moron ?

You're exactly right : extra advertising, and investments.

Wow user, there is so much projection in your post it feels like one of those oldie theaters !

If I had the money, I would place bounties on proof that the artwork for this was traced from another source.

As far as the writing, I've searched internet discussions about this issue and even plebbit commenters refuse to defend this trash.

What a disgusting time this is…

Also I wanna jizz all over my 1/100 MG ACGUY now to lessen this tragic realization.