Dark troopers

Is rebels kind of good?

The show could be great if the art style wasn't so shitty. "muh hommage to McQuarrie's artworks" isn't an excuse.

No.

tbf darth maul killed them all.

Star Wars is dead, watch the six movies and play the old video games, or read the old comics, but for George's sake, stop advertising this Disney bullshit.

Clone wars cartoon is GOAT you fag.
Rebels ain't that bad outside of the inferior visuals to clone wars

MP4

You have shit taste. You deserve Disney, tbh.

You actually followed that expanded universe/legends shit? That's all non-canon fuckboi.

What kind of lightsaber is this?

It's shit and everyone working on it should be gassed along with their families.

A little white lightsaber

gendy's stuff was always better

It's a cartoon.

,for children

Sexy sexy children

Meanwhile look at this big strong darksaber.
white sabers aren't good for jack

It's obviously an allusion to the BBC. Everyone wants it, everyone's fighting over it.

The Holocaust should have happened.

Halfcuck meme. Only the pozzed touch the prequels.

The prequels are at least as good as the OT. Only redditors irrationally hate them.

They're bad movies, but TFA and Rogue One are so abysmally shit that they push them into the good category.

What the prequels did right was worldbuilding and expanding the SW universe in new diractions.

How about watching the film instead of watching someone else autistically rant about it for 10 hours.

This is why webm was a mistake

Wait fug it turned out to be mp4 that was the source of shitty images.

I FORGIVE YOU WEBM

Are they truly? I don't think they were all that different from the original trilogy. Are you saying Star Wars is shit?

The concept behind the movies is good, the execution leaves much to be desired. Whoever thought having Yoda and Palpatine jumping around slashing at each other should be whipped.

Only Yoda jumps around, and you seem to be falling for another RLM meme.

Newsflash faggots, he was old, retired, and nearing the time of his death. Of course he wasn't doing any of that shit when Luke showed up.

Yoda's species live to about 500 years. There are what, 30 years at most between his lightsaber battle with count dooku and darth sidious and his training of Luke? He wasn't near death it was in human years, barely a year later.

Why couldn't they have fought with force powers? Who needed to see two dried up old sacks of shit do acrobatic stunts?

Yeah. The 2003 Clone Wars cartoon was pretty GOAT. Not at all like the CGI Clone Wars cartoon, which was shit.

Did you just disrespect the swirly wirly palpatine did in the prequels ?
How dare you ?

Why does Yoda need to be the only Jedi who doesn't fight with a lightsaber? Did Obi Wan's explanation of the lightsaber as a Jedi weapon in episode IV mean nothing to you Mike?

Does anyone honestly give a shit about SWR after TFA? Besides bored children, of course.

It holds the same fascination as poking a turd with a stick.

It's hard to ignore it when your 28 year old friends, who happen to be fanboys bring it up in every conversation.

smdh fam

Is it mostly over things like Forest Whitaker voicing his character from Rouge One?

Oh my bad, they talk about rogue one, not SWR.

The one what was in the original movie before Lucas –raped– remastered it…
Yeah, i'm that old you commie semen-eater faggot!

I feel cheated with stuff like this because the trailers always end up better than the show itself.

da heck did I just witness…

I'm pretty sure muh 3 films! is the halfcuck meme…
alsoreddit spacing

Wow, looks nothing like TCW design they used in the pilot

I think the design from the pilot was during Episode 3 so now Obi Wan is older.

Real TruthSeeker here.

Opinion on Rebels, As you all know I'm a HUGE EU fan to the point where anything with ARC Troopers, Quinlan Vos or Darth Caedus/Krayt makes me happy but when it comes to Rebels I'll admit it took me till Rex showed up to peek my interest.

If you liked KOTOR 1 you'll probably like Rebels, it's very fan focused with aspects of "HEY EU FAN, MEMBER DIS?" and "HEY MOVIE FAN, MEMBER DIS?" in a very nice way. All the characters aren't exactly memorable, As a jew Ezra is kind of stereotypical but he comes into his own at around season 2 and the rest of the cast are pretty okay if you like Firefly.

It gets pants on head silly sometimes with inclusions of Darth Maul and what not but if you're a fan of Clone Wars then this is a welcomed inclusion if not a wee bit forced.
Inquisitors and all that are amazing, characters are great, I actually LOVE the art style. My only real gripe is not tying up loose ends. Where did Barris Offee go? Is Quinlan Vos alive, did it follow the comics? Is K'Kruhk, my favourite Jedi, still alive?
All this aside a jolly good time.

Hope this helps

The original design from A New Hope. In A New Hope the lightsaber is more like a thin saber rather than a full on laser sword. It can be argued they're doing this because of 'muh Ralph McQuarrie concept art' I think its because they have a lower budget and have to make do with what they have.

Nah it's ugly and the animation is stiff as hell.
The inquisitors were absolute dogshit. Only the grand inquisitor from the first season was any good. All the episodes the inquisitorsshowed up in except the finale and when kanaan reaches knighthood were terrible.

too bad it will be 8 filler episodes to 3 decent ones

the rebels have nothing on cw level of quality

i hope op dies in a fucking fire

tbh that's hot

This

IS THAT THAWN!?!?

I fucking hated the 2003 cartoon.

Oh great. They had to ruin Obi-wan too.
It's like the prequels and old EU shit wasn't enough. They just have to ruin everything even more.

Thawn has been there since the beginning of season 3

Rekt

I don't watch this shit.

Why do you always do multiple posts instead of just one?

I only made 2 of those.

seems legit

I don't think five years have passed yet since the start of rebels.

most overrated faction in sci-fi or most overrated faction in sci-fi?

Does that mean that all the other craft I flew in TIE Fighter are canon, too?

I heard one argument that Tattooine made him age more because of the harsh environment.

They say Dave Filoni will be the new driving force of SW animation, but somehow I doubt he'll be allowed to touch anything besides Rebels and its successor

Honestly, I wonder if it would be better if Disney just tried to do their own thing with the canon rather than bring back stuff from the old EU and end up neutering it or screwing it up.

Well it is technically still Lucasfilm catering to nostalgic fanboys

As a fanboy, you are correct.

What, are they gonna have a spinoff of how the empire regrouped after their defeat to luke and the rebels and built their new order?

I wouldn't mind watching that.

Vweeen Vwweeeen Sheeen
That's the sound a lightsaber makes

why don't you ask the star wars board?

prequels and OT BTFO

Oh great, another design straight out of old McQuarrie's concepts…
I wish Disney would stop doing that. You can't make a direct port of a concept, it looks like shit, especially with Rebels' art style.

What's your beef with McQuarrie?

He's talking about the Genndy Tartakovsky version I think. The one George Lucas got so butthurt over he went out of his way to make it non-canon.

Nothing, I actually like his stuff but they serve one purpose: to represent in a visual form something that you had in mind. It's not supposed to be the final product.
Look at the 3D render of the rejected concept of the Enterprise that they used as a placeholder for STD, it's fucking ugly.
For Rebels the final product is even worse because of the lack of resources (low-poly, low details, shitty textures and lighting, etc.).

why was George so butthurt again?

A licensed out cartoon "did Star Wars better than him"?

Ugly designs and overly dramatic scenes.
Doesn't seem that different from the prequels.

Speaking of Rogue One…

Real TS here and I can explain why.

Because other writers are better at writing than George. If Timothy Zahn wrote SW it would be god tier inb4 muh luuke skywalker, that was editorial the old EU was far better than the current. I was actually all for a new timeline with how convaluted the old one got and how it had nowhere to go after Legacy seriously they should have stuck to prequels or expanding on Bane. I love krayt, favourite jedi, but it was silly

So George does what he does all the time, NONE-CANON'D. If you want a prime example of a not so good game with a great revision of Phantom Menace play Obi-Wan for Xbox. It includes a bunch of stuff and fixes plotholes…so what happened in Attack of the Clones? DIRECT contradictions to that game I assume on purpose.

Honestly Star Wars prequels should have been George handing it over to James Cameron or Peter Jackson.

Kill yourself E;R

This scene is better than the prequels.