The ideal level of fitness

What level of fitness do you think Holla Forumsacks should aspire to attain? Many people talk about an impending war here, whether they're LARPing or not there's no harm in being prepared. A few things I think are essential for the Holla Forumsack are:

1. A good level of cardio (be able to run 4 miles?)
2. Master bodyweight. Have a calisthenics routine in-place.
3. Have a good level of muscularity and low bodyfat.
4. Be proficient in a combat sport (boxing or MMA) (striking/sparring is essential)

I'm not an expert on this field so please contribute with your opinion plus dump any /fit/ resources that are relevant. Also, feel free to visit >>>/overman/, a board dedicated to self-improvement both physically and intellectually.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GpPVwriLAtM
strengthfighter.com/2013/12/gay-for-pay-pro-bodybuilders.html
pastebin.com/SNZLQTaD
healthline.com/health-news/keto-diet-is-gaining-popularity-but-is-it-safe-121914
themanthemyth.com/becoming-greek-god/
builtlean.com/2013/09/17/muscles-grow/
m.youtube.com/watch?v=lWmFu-_54fI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Fighting men throughout history have always been very lean.

This idea of the bodybuilder guy being what you have to be in order to be strong is more recent and my guess is that it probably all stems from 80's action movies. It's actually not a good body to get for any actual fighting I think. A punch is a punch. The guy that weights 500 pounds is going to punch harder, but at the end of the day the other guy provided he's physically fit and knows how to punch properly will knock you out just the same. It's diminishing returns. Getting big will also fuck you up for running since you'll have a ton more weight to carry.

Bodybuilders are also fucking gay.

I would just look at what level of fitness do you need for the military and go with that.

I'd say weightlifting is fine but don't do bodybuilder shit or start obsessing over getting every calorie right and eating 200 grams of protein a day. It's a waste of time, money and you just look fucking gay at the end of it.

Thoroughly agree with this. This whole bodybuilding/gym culture thing going on is homoerotic vain garbage that serves no purpose. Fighting sports are what we should be adopting. That being said don't be a violent thug. Only use it for self-defence.

I see the fat neckbeards have checked in. Calisthenics are shit almost as shit as crossfit. Do some cardio, I agree with OP on this if you can run 4 or 5 miles at an 8-9 min/mile pace youre good. Add in a powerlifting routine built around bench, deadlift, squats, and overhead press and fill in whatever iso lifts you want and youre good.

Remeber youre making those sick gains to help the Emperor remove taco, get in those gyms faggots.

How is making "sick gains" better than doing something like boxing or MMA?

It's good for mind and body and what the fuck are you talking about "money" for?

I spend less on healthy, protein-packed foods than I did on junk. You should read Arnold's New Encyclopaedia of Bodybuilding before you go around spouting things you clearly have prejudices about.

Weight-lifting, squatting especially, is one of the best things a man can do for his body.

You're not going to get anywhere in fighting sports if you have a DYEL tier under/overweight body.

Fitness of the mind is all you need.

Which is tackled when attending a boxing/MMA gym and engaging in training/sparring. I don't see your point.

The mind and the body are not mutually exclusive, and may aid eachother.

Look: Greek statue tier
Ability: able to win a fight to the death against most people

Athletes do more than just their sport to train.

You need to be both intelligent and physically capable of handling yourself when a situation arises. Don't prioritize just one side of it.

Going to an MMA or boxing gym is often all you need though. The serious gyms make you train 5 times a week. There's no time to go to a gym to grunt and groan and lift weights when you're doing that.

I'm a pacifist so I'll take my chances. I don't like hitting people.

Your body requires a minimum amount of maintenance to function properly. Hormones also influence your brain. Your muscles influence hormones. Food does too. To think that you can be a fat lard, and be the healthiest that you can be, is stupid. You have no soul, you are just a more complicated animals that still needs to watch the many variables upon this planet, that tie into your mind.

fag

So if someone punches you clean in the face you're going to tell them you're a pacifist?

No, I just won't LIKE it.

I hope you're speaking from experience. Because physical fitness achieved in any way is important for political soldiers. At some point you're going to have to leave the door with your politics, and it's good if you can back up your words with force.

So I'm willing to concede to your point if fitness of the body is achieved through a fighting sports routine.

what times should I be making with a 30lb ruck?

It absolutely is. Any serious fighting gyms will incorporate bodyweight routines and light calisthenics anyway so there's no need to do anything externally. Plus, muscularity and strength is only really needed if you get into a clinch or fight on the ground. For the most part all you need is a good punch and that's developed by going to a gym, practicing again and again and getting proper feedback from a coach.

Basics:

Fuck body weight and fuck muscle/mass ratios. Measure strength by accomplishments

All the above is doable if you're dedicated, not a bitch, and didn't wreck your joints trying to bulk up

One-armed push-ups are awkward and I've known guys who are extremely fit who can't do one. It's a shitty exercise. Regular push-ups are a great exercise, however.
People watch the movie Rocky too much.

No. It takes practice and muscle coordination. If you can do them well (not as they are presented in the Rocky movies, where the form is shitty and the emphasis is on reps rather than control), you will find that you are using your lats, obliques, and ass muscles in ways regular push-ups could never dream of doing.

Learn to use your whole body as a unit. This is what one-limbed exercises teach.

Every grown man should be able to do this.

lol

Physicial fitness is not the same thing as fitness

Explain me why all strongest people in the world are bara.

Forget the distance
Just run for am hour every morning. In time the distance will increase. Hell even be half of what you began with in just 4 weeks.
The body was designed to run so ot adapts fast to it.
Keep your pace conversational.

In the evenings do weight lifting. But it's best to keep running in the morning.
Just keeping this ruining has you fit in less than a year.

In time you will want to increase running time. Getting to 2 hours isn't hard in three months and now you are SF ready.

The problem with these one arm/leg exercise is more balance than strength.
I can do these 1 leg squats, but it's pretty hard to not fall.

Also, I find pullups overrated compared to hands only rope climbing.

An hour is waaaay too long. Anything over half an hour and your testosterone levels will begin to deplete.

The one armed push-up used to be a staple of training for boxers, but it has shown that it puts too much stress on shoulder and chest ligaments.
Regular push-ups/bench press is just fine. Requiring someone to do a one-armed push-up is kinda stupid.

Rope burns are not fun to deal with, rope requires either some high ceiling in your place and shit or going to a gym/climbing place with a rope, pullups shit you can just strap a bar anywhere you want between a door frame.

Sort of. But don't get sucks into the fear about it. Combat readiness is a fuck ton of cardio. For many many hours.
Running for that time is what SF does amd they are not short on test.
Supliment with weight lifting and basically don't be a faggot.
Half of test increase/decrease will be in the mind.

A warrior should be able to double time for an hour or more.

The resulting pace in an hour is 6 to 7 miles at a minimum. This is not far.

pacifism is unnatural. If you aren't willing to defend yourself or others you are a waste of a man.

At least 15 minutes per mile is the US army standard

Having that small level of body fat is extremely impractical and unhealthy. Fat is an energy storage device, which comes in handy when you're hiking 100 miles and hiding in the woods, etc.

The army I joined was 16:00 for 2 miles in the 18-25 age group. This was a decade ago.

If the PT test now only requires one mile in 15 minutes, then we are all fucked.
You can literally walk a mile faster than 15:00.

Ah, ok.

Didn't realize you were talking about ruck marching. We never had a time limit or anything for our 10 or 15k marches, but I'd agree that 15mins would be a decent ruck time. Ruck marching is pretty great exercise if you have a good rucksack and carry the weight properly.

Our "time limit" was if you fell behind, they put you on the cattle truck and you got PT'd to shit after you got back to the barracks.

I'm not talking about being 5% body fat, I'm talking about lifting weights and gulping down protein for muscle and strength.

If aesthetic appeal is something which motivates you, that's better than nothing. The myth that 'bodybuilders aren't strong' is completely unfounded in reality, they certainly don't train for strength on par with powerlifters, but they're much stronger than people think.

What do you think lies under their bf%?

Been watching Strongman since I was a lad.

Doing 100s of pushups and nothing else is garbage tier for sure, but gymnastics is way better than powerlifting, olympic lifting also shits over powerlifting when it comes to building athleticism, even strongman is probably better

The problem with body builders is practicality. They lack endurance for sustained cardio activity.

If you have ever trained in MMA, occasionally you'll see some guy think he can beat the shit out of everyone because of sick gainz. This guy usually can't make it past 2 rounds of sparring. That's the truth.

Tada, you're suddenly unkillable to 90% of the population. If on top of that you manage to steal a bulletproof vest, only the military will ever be a threat to you.

youtube.com/watch?v=GpPVwriLAtM

Relevant video.

This, getting too heavy means you'll be slow and tire fast. Gains are useless in a fight unless you train to take advantage of them.

Don't concentrate on any one specific discipline.

Lift weights, do cardio and stretch/yoga.

You won't become a yuuuuuge bodybuilder unless you take loads and loads of steroids (although a small dose of test-e is probably good to outweigh all the xenoestrogen of the modern world)…

1st post in and you're the closeted cunt that always skips leg day?

FUCKING LEL

Dropped and reported.

What?

For cardio, the perfect score for the Marines is to run 3 miles under 18 minutes.

Calisthenics is really important, almost all military branches make it a big priority.

Good muscularity is good, but you don't want to have bodyfat so low that you won't be able to do long distance running or be able to survive without your 4000 calorie diet for at the very least, 3 days.

Being proficient, or at the very least knowing the basics on how to defend yourself with Hand to Hand combat is indeed essential.

But that's not all you need to have to be a warrior. You're also going to need to be proficient with a rifle. Maybe do some 2-gun competitions, or incorporate fitness while shooting. Maybe like do 3-4 sets of suicides, then try to shoot a target at 100 meters. Something like that. I know the Marines and Army does that for shooting.

You clearly have no idea how muscle works if you think it 'weighs you down and tires you fast'. It's quite the opposite.

A good melee weapon will almost always erase the need of hand to hand combat. A (light) sword of any kind, a hand axe/tomahawk or a machete, even a fucking hammer will give you a massive edge over unarmed oponents.

For guns, try to get one of the newer Russian rifles like the AK-12 or the AK-107, which have pretty much no recoil.

I didn't say "muscle", I said "getting too heavy", you fucking sperg.

That's encouraging.

I want the FBI to leave

>>>Holla Forums

a warrior should have testosterone, dont overtrain like a retard.

Or, better yet full EIB (Expert Infantry Badge) standard is 12 miles in 3 hours, with a 35lb ruck, weapon, and full kit.

It's not that muscle itself weighs you down so much as it is a burden to have to sustain it.
Personally, I have never witnessed a body builder with the physique you're referencing who is able to run more than two miles with a decent time or be able to do any sustained cardio.
Not sure if it's because they're scared of losing their sick gainz or if it's because they literally can't do it.
Your sick gainz and emphasis on the squat rack is probably very good for sprinting short distances, but it's not going to help much when you're ruck marching innawoods trying to survive. I've seen it quite frequently. The bodybuilder are always the first, even before overweight vidya players, to drop out of any long cardio activity.

feels good reading through this thread, and knowing that I can do most of your mentioned cardio standards. Feels good to have been running for a year now.

right when I read that, I imagine a 12 year old typing that out. OMG MAD MELEE SKILLZ
Are you going to carry that around town wearing your kimono too?

Yeah, sure, a "bodybuilder" will drop out before a neckbeard who never exercises. Anybody can call themselves a "bodybuilder", but if you're implying somebody who is adept at compound lifts will tire and falter before a weak manling, you are delusional.

Furthermore, strong thighs are incredible innawoods. Making permanent shelters becomes piss easy too.

Any advice on ruck marching, how to pack our ruck and how to avoid blisters?

Moleskin, put it on your heels. Heavy items towards your back and on the bottom light stuff at the top.

False. Your body burns sugar when doing activity like that.

You're burning fat right now, sitting at the computer. You arms and hands are using sugar when you type. This is why you don't exercise to lose weight, just eat less.

Forgot the picture.

You're gonna get blisters, that's just a fact. Carry moleskin in your ruck, change socks and air out your feet as often as possible and when you see the blisters with a distinct red line coming off of them, it means they're infected. Treat them. Eventually, after you break in your boots and your feet become calloused, they'll stop.
Packing your ruck is tricky. I recommend getting either the MOLLE or ALICE army surplus ruck with the waist belt to put most of the weight on your hips, not your shoulders.
Remember, a good nicely packed ruck should situate the weight so that your hips are carrying it, not your shoulders and back.

Thanks guys, much appreciated.

How about I pass my fist THROUGH YOUR FACE

The JFK program was bretty gud

quit being a bitch

SO what, if you don't eat sugar for a week then you can't type?

strengthfighter.com/2013/12/gay-for-pay-pro-bodybuilders.html

Bodybuilders are fags. That level of obsession with the male physique is fucking gay.

Getting big also has diminishing returns as I fucking explained, and why do I need to explain it to begin with when it's so incredibly obvious? Fucks up your cardio too which is quite a bit more important if there's an actual war that breaks out.

Furthermore, in any kind of SHTF scenario, you aren't even going to be able to get enough food to grow anymore or maintain the faggy muscles you've gotten. It's pointless. And the more muscular you get the less popular you are with women, and the more you'll start getting hit on by fags. But you'll love that because you are one if you're into bodybuilding.

Topkek.
Hans and Franz REKT.

I don't understand why people whould make threads like this.

Just don't be fat. Go to the gym 3 days a week or go for a walk or something to get regular exercise. Its not fucking hard.

Like, why isn't this instantly outed as a slide thread?

If you didn't eat carbs for a while (maybe 2 weeks I forget) your body will start to burn fat where it would normally use sugars.

Ketosis. Interesting diet. You can lose weight eating nothing but meat and eggs.

If you can't run 3 kilometers in cooper you are a degenerate and you must kill yourself.

I did ketosis diet and ran 5 km everyday. That's when I was a faggot and wanted abs. I got the abs but no muscle. The entire time I saw sugary snacks and food, I would look at it like a dirty syrian refugee would look at a white women.

Keto dieting can be dangerous. Lots of people do it, lots of people lose weight doing it, but if you're looking to try it seriously, make sure you're getting advice from people who know their shit. Talk to a nutritionist.
Keto dieting isn't something you should just dive into without knowing what you're doing. It can have negative effects on your body. Just putting that out there. It's worth looking into, just know what you're doing first.

We get it, you don't like it.
Shut the fuck up with all that projecting.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with attempting to reach an ideal body for you.

We get it, you don't like it.
Shut the fuck up with all that projecting.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with attempting to reach an ideal body for you.

Get good cardio so you can remove all day. Get strong enough so you can restrain fatties.

Fucking kikewheels.

lel

It's a waste of time and completely impractical for what this thread is talking about. But go ahead and keep trying to look your prettiest fucboi maybe you can survive when SHTF by pimping out your ass or letting old homos do some muscle worship on you.

Guns are loud, and a melee weapon with some reach on it instantly negates any MMA training.

I've been lifting for about a month now every other day and walking 5 miles a day.
I'm down two notches on my belt and feeling better about myself but I suck when it comes to benching.

Can Holla Forums recommend a good starter program?
I'm just benching and doing bicep curls.
I have a basic bench and all the programs I've seen have exercises my bench can't do.

I added squats with the dumbells and I'm trying overhead presses but I can only get a few in.

I'm autistic when it comes to getting /fit/ but I'm trying damnit.

Dude if you know anything at all about chemistry and biology that thing in the mirror will appear to you as it does to me, fucking unhealthy as fuck. It ought to die for lack of food and water, yet it lives to pose another day before being rescued by emergency calories. It's sickening. That level of huge is only achieved with one thing, peptides, namely insulin. Let me scratch you situation.

Steroids came about in the early 20th century as adaptations of synthetic hormones that boosted red blood cell activity and made muscle growth more easy, they were prescribed to chemo patients and other sickly people. Abuse followed soon but it was not widespread, and the effects weren't huge yet. Until the 1980s the most you would likely see was a guy gain 30-40 pounds over his natural maximum as dictated by his frame and muscle structure (muscle is like eggs for a woman, your born with the cells in a fixed amount. Training is used to make the cells bigger).

Next down the pipe was the first big peptide, human growth hormone, which causes cell division, like bone growth, and actual real new muscle cell creation. Synthesizing it allowed more gains and keeping them longer (all gains eventually go back without redosing). But hgh also causes cell division across the board. This means all organs increase in volume, pushing the "gut" out over time (check the strongman pics). And cancer, it means cancer.

Lastly in the 1990s came insulin, in the former of insulin growth factor, or IGF-1. It, theoretically, allows near-limitless expansion of muscle tissue. This is a complex chemical chain but basically insulin is deeply involved in how much a body gains or loses weight, and can be manipulated to affect muscle tissue. Combined with the first two chemicals, it allows taller athletes to achieve weights approaching and going over 400 pounds regularly.

It also causes diabetic like symptoms, including blood sugar drops that hit suddenly and can go so low they result in diabetic coma and death. Even a perfectly planned regimen of training, drugs and food can go wrong with insulin, in a matter of seconds. I don't know how many guys have died of this already. It's literally insane.

In the end yes you will gain muscle, and power will go up. All top big-weight guys are on it, especially powerlifters, strongmen, and bodybuilders/actors. Bane is literally a normal dude crazed out of his mind on insulin (it has huge mood implications) staring you in the face.

This could have its uses, say for working security or bodyguard. But diminishing returns hit fast, and the more you have to move, the quicker that point comes, until you see SF, who might avoid all weight gain possible (interestingly steroids are still real popular for the red blood cell production which jacks up endurance, but then you have to avoid weight training or you will get too muscular). But the most important martial skill over all is still covering ground on foot.

All this is confirmable with quick googling. Good luck and maybe I'll do more write ups later, I'm always glad to see pol interested in ground-up stuff like /g, /ck, /fa, /fit, /k.

Dude if you know anything at all about chemistry and biology that thing in the mirror will appear to you as it does to me, fucking unhealthy as fuck. It ought to die for lack of food and water, yet it lives to pose another day before being rescued by emergency calories. It's sickening. That level of huge is only achieved with one thing, peptides, namely insulin. Let me scratch you situation.

Steroids came about in the early 20th century as adaptations of synthetic hormones that boosted red blood cell activity and made muscle growth more easy, they were prescribed to chemo patients and other sickly people. Abuse followed soon but it was not widespread, and the effects weren't huge yet. Until the 1980s the most you would likely see was a guy gain 30-40 pounds over his natural maximum as dictated by his frame and muscle structure (muscle is like eggs for a woman, your born with the cells in a fixed amount. Training is used to make the cells bigger).

Next down the pipe was the first big peptide, human growth hormone, which causes cell division, like bone growth, and actual real new muscle cell creation. Synthesizing it allowed more gains and keeping them longer (all gains eventually go back without redosing). But hgh also causes cell division across the board. This means all organs increase in volume, pushing the "gut" out over time (check the strongman pics). And cancer, it means cancer.

Lastly in the 1990s came insulin, in the former of insulin growth factor, or IGF-1. It, theoretically, allows near-limitless expansion of muscle tissue. This is a complex chemical chain but basically insulin is deeply involved in how much a body gains or loses weight, and can be manipulated to affect muscle tissue. Combined with the first two chemicals, it allows taller athletes to achieve weights approaching and going over 400 pounds regularly.

It also causes diabetic like symptoms, including blood sugar drops that hit suddenly and can go so low they result in diabetic coma and death. Even a perfectly planned regimen of training, drugs and food can go wrong with insulin, in a matter of seconds. I don't know how many guys have died of this already. It's literally insane.

In the end yes you will gain muscle, and power will go up. All top big-weight guys are on it, especially powerlifters, strongmen, and bodybuilders/actors. Bane is literally a normal dude crazed out of his mind on insulin (it has huge mood implications) staring you in the face.

This could have its uses, say for working security or bodyguard. But diminishing returns hit fast, and the more you have to move, the quicker that point comes, until you see SF, who might avoid all weight gain possible (interestingly steroids are still real popular for the red blood cell production which jacks up endurance, but then you have to avoid weight training or you will get too muscular). But the most important martial skill over all is
still covering ground on foot.

All this is confirmable with quick googling. Good luck and maybe I'll do more write ups later, I'm always glad to see pol interested in ground-up stuff like /g, /ck, /fa, /fit, /k.

Dammit kikewheels I worked on this post let me have it

Did not mean to put you in earlier post.

What I wanted to say was who the fuck are you, the ak12 and ak107 are literally unobtanium in usa, and we have it good, real good.

Are you able to get those? Because they're awesome.

Starting strength. Add more when you stop making big progress.

Did you read the thread? Learn to fight. Learn to fight. Learn to fight. Learn to fight. Learn to fight. Learn to fight. Learn to fight. Learn to fight. Learn to fight. Mixed martial arts. Mixed martial arts. Mixed martial arts. Mixed martial arts. Mixed martial arts. Mixed martial arts. Mixed martial arts.

Thanks for the knowledge dropping user

You taking vitamins? If not, start. And go to a doctor and check if you got any allergies.

k

Weightlifting and gymnastics are the GOAT sports for power-to-weight explosiveness and strength.

WL is cooler fight me faggots

If you want to argue that it's a tough sport, I don't think anyone is going to argue with you.

What we are discussing is whether the cons outweigh the pros in a survival situation. The cons outweigh the pros during an actual happening where you may have to run/march long distances with weight attached to you. The cons outweigh the pros when it comes to hand to hand combat and the cons outweigh the pros when you can't keep up a ridiculous calorie intake during times of limited food supply.

If you want all of your gear to consist of expensive GNC supplements and fancy protein shakes, go right ahead.

As someone mentioned, apparently all you need to survive is a baseball bat and a shotgun.

I seriously doubt many people on here are large enough to require more than ~4000 cals to maintain their muscle mass. Considering most survival foods and rations are very calorie dense and have a lot of protein in them maintenance wouldn't be an issue.

Be able to move faster and quieter than others in your terrain. Be able to fight. Learn to shoot more accurately then others at appropriate ranges for your area, then practice at the next longer ranges. Be able to handle the extreme temperatures of your area without tons of excess gear (sleep out in the cold and wet). Be able to walk with any gear you need from one town or friends house to another. Go hunting and learn how to kill shit.

So really I'm saying it depends.

Can't tell if bait or not. Fuck all that if you are that far behind. Deadlift, squat, and overhead press until you gain strength and muscle. Maybe work on doing chinups. You probably don't want to go to a gym. I don't either and don't have one available half the time. Get real bars and weights off craigslist and do it right, or suck it up and go to the gym. If you don't know form, watch videos on youtube. A couple of videos on form did more for me then years in the gym with other ignorant guys. Eat fuckloads of meat, don't be buying supplements.

Learn to fight, yes. MMA is overrated though. Certainly no need to go to one where you have to be there 5 days a week. If you find a place where they teach you more useful realworld fighting skills and fewer armbars and shit, then that stuff is good to add to it. I would suggest boxing first.

And remember that there aren't weight classes in the real world. There are great reasons to get bodyfat down, but that isn't one of them.

Top kek. Just keep it simple.

You're ignoring the fact that survival scenarios tend to require enormous calorie intake from even your average 98 pound weakling.
Do you know how many calories are in just one MRE? 4,000 calories would be pretty standard for everyone if you're ruck marching, building shelters, swimming or trekking long distances.

The 2,000 calorie suggestion is for an average woman, not a man doing hard physical labor in the hot sun or extreme conditions.

You're basing your idea of calorie intake off of a system designed for women who aren't doing real physically demanding activities all day. 4,000 calories necessary only if you're a bodybuilder with a huge frame? I think you need to read a little more about what the body requires under the conditions of living in the field.

Just fuck off

Pretty much all pro fighters lift. Look at brock lesnar.

4 miles is nothing unless you're doing it at a good pace. I'd say 5 miles in less than 40 minutes bare minimum with less than 35 being the target

you realize he was just some freak show the UFC brought in to generate some revenue right? He couldn't fight for shit.

Here, buddy. This is the calorie intake suggestions for an average soldier. How many more calories does the average bodybuilder need?

You should be able to carry at least 1 woman on your shoulders from her village to yours.

From your description it sounds like you have a few critical systems that have been malnourished and generally ripped to shit from bad diet and all the extra chemicals they're shoving into everything.

Fix your diet first (all organic low carb, high protein, 5 veg 2 fruit etc.)
Start by checking for endocrine disruptors.
Don't drink the water. They put things in the water. Things like endocrine disruptors.
You should get a ceramic (activated alumina) or reverse osmosis filter system for town water and filter from the mains (whole house systems) before it gets to any outlets if possible.
Some info on xenoestrogens (part of the endocrine disruption) from a previous thread:
pastebin.com/SNZLQTaD

Use vitamin supplements. There are certain supplements you will need to help reverse the damage. Usually things like magnesium, iodine and selenium help. It changes depending on what you've done to yourself (and what's been done to you) so you'll have to do you're own research here.
Light exercise while you wait for improvement. Don't stress yourself too much your still recovering at this stage.
Then when you see your body improving focus on fitness.

Oh to be young again.

Are you retarded?

You're just talking out of your ass now. As I said before, all pro fighters use weight training to increase power and bone density. If size and strength were irrelevant in fighting then they wouldn't have weight class. If you don't weight train your bones will be weaker than someone who does, and you'll just break you hand if you punch them.

Obviously you've never seen a huge bodybuilder try to fight. They literally always tire before a guy in good shape with good muscle tone.

Keep paying for your expensive supplements and keep wasting countless hours on gainz. Still can't run more than a mile without puking.

Going by the fact that you didn't provide a counter-argument I'm just going to assume you were triggered by my language.

In that case cry more, you fucking spergs.

The counter argument is that there are many forms of training whose students would fucking destroy some dumbshit with your QVC-ordered katana.

You're the only one crying here you fat virgin. Fuck off back to your tabletop games

Stay natty. Also I ran track and still run. Just because I lift doesn't mean I'm some flesh golem. Also real fights don't last 15 rounds. Real fights are more like this. Just get a machete or knife and train with that. It;s much more useful in the real world. You can't do what you do in the ring in real life.

Lifting in and of itself is a very healthy thing and everyone in here should be focused on getting stronger and look better.

When you put too much focus on trying to be the biggest, most ripped guy in your gym, I think it's counter productive and is probably going to hurt you in the long run.

Lifting = Yes
Trying to "get big" for the sake of "getting yuge" = faggot

Training in basic hand to hand = yes
Spending 5 out 7 days in a week learning impractical martial arts = faggot who will get his leg chopped when he tries to throw a high kick at someone with a machte

You can spend that time training in more useful things like marksmanship, or bush craft.

Kek, I hope he did an ocular patdown too.

I agree that probably 85% of martial arts is bullshit and impractical. However, being taught how to throw a good punch and being able to form muscle memory for fighting is very useful.
Martial arts is useful because it develops a muscle memory that allows you to punch faster/harder, do basic kicks harder and faster and it teaches you how to avoid basic punches and takedowns.

In my opinion, the most useful thing about MMA is developing the proper techniques for basic strikes and takedowns and the muscle memory to use it faster than the other guy. That's it.
When you start going into spinning back kicks and flashy moves, it's pretty useless.

However, it also teaches strength and flexibility, which is important to your physical health overall.

Something that's often overlooked by you fags that want to lift things repeatedly while staring at yourself in a mirror: your body is a lumbering sack of meat and I could kick the head off your shoulders. Learn something that requires whole-body muscle memory and superhuman reflexes, vid related, I know Cmac personally, this guy's body is indestructible. Unless you can walk away from the equivalent of a car crash for funzies, one front kick to your jaw and you're on the ground. Yes I can reach your head with my foot, no you won't see it coming, and my reflexes are much faster than your muscle-dust brain permits. Just carry a gun if you're being practical, you're wasting your time and money on dick-pump culture water muscles and your joints are being pulverized so you can look like a superhero for five years before becoming a fat alcoholic.

A helmet is better.

No. You will get stomped to death by your opponent's buddies. Just stab him without going to the ground.

Weight lifting increases your bone density. Also he doesn't get rekt because he knows how to land properly.

Depends. If he has 6 buddies with him and you have none, you probably should just walk away.
As a general rule, when fighting a nigger with 3 other niggers standing next to him, assume you're going to end up fighting 4 niggers total.

If you are big in a SHTF situation the other villagers will think you have a secret food supply. They will raid your house looking for food.

You can't even make it into the FFL without being able to run for an hour.

That's the french foriegn legion. It's not tier 1. One hour run time isn't over training. Running 30k is over training.

Or 5 of the male nomads who haven't had pussy since before SHTF find you and rape your pretty ass a la Deliverance, complete with pig-squealing.

Is that the darkest nog ever?

I've seen darker. So dark they look fucking purple.

You sound like a skinny fat bitch.

African nogs seem to be the darkest. I've seen niggers so dark their gums look blue when they smile. I've seen some shit.

Completely unnecessary. Women, like cattle, have their own built in means of transportation. It just takes some swats and some herding.

I've lifted off and on for 15 years. The closest guys I have seen to bodybuilders were both military, and they were perfectly fit for all the shit we did. I squatted more in HS then anyone else and I was also the only one hunting in tall grass every day all winter. Which was fuckloads harder then any ruckmarch I ever did. Your burden of muscle is a myth for any normal human bean.

what is this muscle tone of which you speak?

Do you know to that you need more salt? Do you not have massive health problems? Then it's not dangerous.

Only if I want to eat more whole wheat and less fat.

If he has even 1 buddy with him, going to the ground is a bad idea. If walking away is an option, then what the fuck is the point of all this?

That must haunt you. Fam be safe.

See, you hear that all the time "land properly". Thing is, there is no way to land that doesn't hurt. What he isn't taking on the rest of his body, your heels get the brunt of. If you can't learn to slam like that and laugh about it, your body is shit to me. Stop worrying about balancing your princess diet and routine and learn how to deal with acute pain.

Sir. Is this the nog you saw?

Not one word of this is true. Your muscle cells dont divide and grow? Where did you get this bullshit theory from? Its completely wrong, stop spreading retarded bro science.

Again totally wrong. HGH mostly produces cartilage growth. Its causes growth in people by causing the cartilage epiphiseal or "growth" plates in long bones to grow. It does very little for muscle or skeletal growth. Most atheletes today use it to rehab blown out knees or shoulders where lots of cartilage growth is neccessary.

Your whole post is complete shit.

dude that is really gay, and vain.

I know dude right, look at this homoerotic loser wasting his time

Internet bad ass detected.

Yes

Wow he's probably poured thousands of hours into lifting a heavy thing while stationary. Am I supposed to be impressed by a dude lifting an object made specifically to be lifted in just such a way by a dude that does nothing but lift that object and others like it. This shit is gay af fam. Get a hobby man, this fag probably can't change his own oil.

Due, you lost, turn off your PC.

Pretty sure all physical activities have merit.
Even guys who only do mountain climbing or hiking have a great boost compared to a guy who does nothing.

Fuck off with that shit. It is used against everything men do together.

This is pretty much the most common, modern discouragement argument for anything men do.

Kill yourself for using it.

The real issues about survival when lifting come if you fucked up your joints, your stomach through whatever gear you are on or you are maclargehuge that needs to constantly eat to exist.

The amount of conclusions you jump to is astounding. I think I might be detecting a hint of jealousy in your posts.

a compilation of you flipping around like a whinnying faggot to a Linkin Park track is just about the gayest thing I have ever seen man, hate to harsh your gainz.

I skateboard to the grocery store, can you lift weights to the grocery store?

It sounds like you were lifting AND doing cardio to me. That's a great thing and is not at all what I'm referring to when I say that excessive bodybuilding is counter productive.

The fact that you were walking and doing various cardio exercises means that the types of faggot gainz that I'm talking about were probably not possible.

Bodybuilding faggots usually avoid cardio because it diminishes aesthetic "gainz" and bulking.

What you were doing was good old fashioned strength training. Nothing wrong with that. Again, for the butthurt faggots: lifting is great combined with a healthy amount of cardio activity. Lifting so you can say you're the biggest douche in your town is counter productive.

Yes, bodybuilding type lifting is a challenging sport and it's cool how powerful the human body can be. However, in the context of survival, it has diminishing returns. Overall health and fitness is much better than simply having a 40 inch bicep.

healthline.com/health-news/keto-diet-is-gaining-popularity-but-is-it-safe-121914

yeah, they're called ankle/wrist/body weights you stupid cunt

Keep in mind you don't want to be a jacked meathead since that's calorically expensive and hard to maintain during HAPPENING

Look at the OP pic. That's the fitness sweetspot. Fit, strong, and able to go long endurance if necessary

Basically go on a military fitness plan

Why not just bike? It's less faggoty and has brakes so you don't get killed like this one dumbass I knew in middleschool who got hit by a truck.

That was legitimately triggering.

Because I can't ride a bike down handrails, some people can, and much respect to them. If you're looking for a body that can take just about anything, look at a pro BMX dude. Skateboarding is cool, because I basically have spider senses compared to most gym rats. That combined with a single-stack 9mm negates any reason to snort protein isolate and force two dozen eggs into your face every day.

You're really boring, you have a boring life.

I know this is Holla Forums and not /fit/ but I've been trying to do my cardio, at max I can run about a mile and a half, the only problem is that I had really bad asthma as a kid and my lungs are now shit.

I don't really have it anymore but any long distance cardio makes me pant like a dog and become severely light headed, almost to the point of passing out.

Anyone have any tips?

I am an oldfag and a veteran. Conditioning, conditioning, conditioning.

I grew up playing football, wrestling and boxing. Basic was easy, I didn't hit any rough patches until well past getting ym Rangers tab and that shit was dealing with leg bureaucrats, not humping my ruck to Hell and back.

google Couch to 5k program, great running training program for you unfit sad sacks of shit.

I still run, lift, do calisthenics and go to the outdoor range at least once a week.

If you go the MMA route remember that Brazilian jujitsu is fucking fantastic INSIDE the octagon. Get outside that box and you will rapidly find it is shit so supplement it with actual CQB training if you can find it.

Plus there are a metric fuckton of redpilled people in MMA and martial arts training.

I swim, 3 time a week, 2.5 miles in total on average.
Did it for my back at first then realized how good it was for everything; Muscle, weight, flexibility and strength, breath and cardio. Amazing.
Little plus, some nice girls ass.
I work hard, i suppose i just fucking love it.

Cheap and effective if you mean it.

Nothing like the smell of chlorine in the morning.

Please keep posting.

Swimming is probably the best overall workout you can do for your core and for the rest of your body.
There's almost zero impact on your joints, it's resistance training without fancy equipment and it can even rehab your body from hard workout faster.

I know swimming laps is not the toughest thing a man can do, but it is overall maybe the best form of overall fitness training a person can do.

It hinders mobility if you get too big. You won't get too big if you do cardio, but most bodybuilders don't do cardio because 'muh gainz'.

I have also said the stuff I have said about bodybuilding specifically. If you look like picrelated, or want to, and spend thousands of hours obsessing over it to look like this and eating a highly specific diet to get every calorie right so you can achieve what you think is an ideal male aesthetic, then you are a homo and you're wasting your fucking time. You think guys like this have good cardio?

Neither of the guys in those videos are the kind of fags I'm talking about from the way they look.

If you don't think getting big is going to severely limit the amount of ground you can cover on foot, then you're a fucking moron. Why do you think all the olympic runners look like hungry skeletons?

Not only that but throughout history and even today, men who actually fight in wars are not bodybuilder looking types. Even the fucking Spartans just did bodyweight exercises and were very lean. I think this idea of every man who wants to fight and do this kind of stuff must get absolutely jacked and lift enormous weights is what happens when mascilinity and men are fucked over the way we have been and removed from public life, so in order to figure out what it means to be men, men have to look at action movies and video games for their masculine influences. And what they see is Arnold and men with similar bodies.

Sir we would like to schedule you for some psychological reconditioning for future encounters with independent negro kings.

Vet here too. I'd much rather be in a foxhole with you than this faggot.

Jesus fucking Christ get an education. Most bodybuilders with the exception of a few amateurs from /fit/ (hence the meme) DO cardio, even emphasise it because of the ill health effects of simply eating and lifting.

Why do you think muscle is equal to fat in how it weighs you down? It isn't. You don't even feel the excess weight because the excess weight is your own fucking bodily strength.

No shit, but knights did look more akin to a rugby player than Bruce Lee. Please don't pretend to know shit about ancient Greece either, considering they were some of the very first to put an emphasis on male musculature and it's benefits, pic related.

No shit, but your body feels the extra weight and it demands that you eat more calories to maintain it. All the extra shit you have to eat to do the same amount of practical physical labor that a regularly physically fit and otherwise healthy person can do without constantly stuffing their face isn't worth it.
If you stop eating the 5,000 calories a day, your "knight-like" gains go directly to shit, anyway.
There's a fine line between being practically physically fit and attractive and being a total douchefag. You're treading that line.

Less.

Fit people burn less calories for the same activity than fat people do. When your body is made up of fit muscles versus fat the work you do is far more efficient.

Two people, both the same weight. One a fatass, one fit. Both just laying down and at rest. The fat person will require more calories to simply exist because their body has to work so incredibly hard to work passed the fat.

See this picture? Read the filename. These motherfucking COMMANDOS were doing daily jungle patrols for hours on end. Carrying loads of equipment, dodging landmines and eating communist ass for breakfast. Do they even look strong? No. But they are. I dont want to get much further into the "Functional vs Aethetic strength" argument, but just let the picture sink in for a bit

Are you retarded? The classical sculptors and painters sculpted/painted idealized physique.

It's why they all have small flaccid penises, the Greeks and Romans considered long penises vulgar.

Wrong.
A more muscular person has a higher RMR (resting metabolic rate) and therefore burns more calories while resting than a fatass.
Likewise, he has a higher aerobic metabolic rate, which makes him need more calories while doing physical activity.

Really, you have no idea what you're talking about.

pic related that you mention is a fucking statue meant to represent the ideal form, not the reality. Soldiers do not ever get that fucking big and never have because it is impractical. You cannot maintain that in the field and it makes it more difficult for you to cover distance on foot which is what soldiers have spent 99% of their time doing throughout all of human history.

themanthemyth.com/becoming-greek-god/

Why don't you stop pretending, you fucking cocklips.

Who the fuck mentioned Bruce Lee? You're just a moron that doesn't know how to argue so you're hearing what you want to hear. Unless someone else did and you're confusing us because you don't know about ID's because you're a newfag?

Here's a modern statue done in a more realistic way. This is what they would have looked like back then.

I wish I could delete that comment. I explained it terribly and am wrong about half of it.

What is with all of these pricks that hate going to gyms? You fucking read a /fit/ thread and suddenly everyone in a gym is a faggot? If you did and you take that seriously, you are a gullible idiot.

People in the gym, other than a handful, keep to themselves. They don't want to talk. They barely look at each other. They want to get their routine done so they can go home, or to work, or where ever.
If they had the money they would get their own gym equipment.

What fucking E-celeb decided to talk about people in gyms all being faggots? That is always when shit talk like that peaks.

I think you're missing the entire message.

Going to the gym is not gay. Lifting weights is not gay. Trying to look your best and staying in shape and even some vanity is not necessarily gay.

What's gay is this faggot right here.

I've been a lifeguard for almost a decade and I swear this job has given me a fetish for one pieces and tan lines.

Is this the new slide thread, now that fashion threads are out of favor?

(((virtue signaling)))

I've pretty much always had a tan line fetish and I notice that the one piece is now starting to give me the occasional boner simply because she's not a whore and leaves something to the imagination, like women used to once upon a time.

One piece bathing suits did nothing wrong.

My point was that the bodybuilders are incredibly rare, not anything worth arguing against.

Did you even read your link on the safety of a keto diet? They make no arguments about it's lack of safety unless it was on the weird liquid diet thing they talked about.

anyone with a Dr. in front of their name saying shit like that should be fucking horsewhipped in the street. That shit has been debunked for decades. It is not related.

Except that having more muscle means you have more to break down if you're starving. Ever seen someone bed-ridden for long periods of time? You don't want to start already skinny.

enjoy your hobbies, but it's not. Most men will think you're a fag.

really the idea that opuradors are all baddass muscle guys is a bit ridiculous. You usually see two types, skinny hard fucks and decently big strong guys. Think hillbillies and rednecks.

You're joking right? That is not big, especially not when considering greeks were short fucks.

I've marched my ass off and despite being 5'11" inb4 manlet have legs bigger then that.

I hate the smell. I hate the sound of annoying people. I hate their music. I hate people around. I like being alone. I hate their rules. I hate having to drive there. I hate that it is more expensive then buying my own shit in the long run. I like to drink sometimes and if I want to rest longer I can clean a gun or something. I can keep my own schedule if I want to lift in the middle of the night. I think there are guys I could talk to, but I don't want to be around all the cunts.

I'm not saying don't go. Just that it ain't for everyone.

marching in gear gives you fuckhuge legs tbh, went up two pants sizes and got legs hard as stones

I know its not big thats my point

Do any of you martial arts fags know anything about Sambo? The greatest MMA fighter of all time (vid related) trained in it, and apparently the Russian special forces are trained in it as well which indicates that it may be quite practical.

totally misunderstood becuase I don't really see that idealized statue as terribly different from yours besides bf% and quality of sculpting.

I recommend Brooks Kubik's "Dinosaur training: lost secrets of strength and development."

WHATEVER IT TAKES

Training muscles does not make your muscle cells divide. You get no new muscle from rraining, you increase the size of individual cells. And human growth hormone causes all area cell growth, it's why it's a cancer risk.

Way to post the Jewish skeptical posterboy, yet not any refutation other than contradiction. Your whole post is shit.

GOTTA CONFUSE THE DIGITS, RIGHT BABE?

builtlean.com/2013/09/17/muscles-grow/
Here you go cupcake.

Read on to the next paragraph to see how localized stem cells cause this to happen and kindly shove your retarded broscience and completely undeserved sense of smugness up you ass sideways.

So it wasn't even my argument, but that I mentioned the word "katana". You are literally a tumblr-tier sperglord, I only mentioned them because you can get them for like 40 bucks.

At the end of the day, the strongest, quickest, most fit person in the world would be taken out by a 93 year old grandmother in a wheelchair if she has a gun and knows how to fire it.

god, you dyel faggots need to get your shit together

there is no excuse. no fucking excuse. stop trying. start lifting – it increases your test levels, your growth hormone levels. it keeps you young, healthy, fit, attractive and intelligent.

the only downside is, it requires you getting off your lazy goddamn ass.

fuck you. start lifting or shut the fuck up about lifting. you don't know a goddamn thing about any of it and you KNOW you don't. i know seeing stronger men makes you feel insecure but that's your problem, not mine. if you're gonna whine then shut the hell up.

k

There is not really a shortcut. If you persist your max should increase. If you still have asthma see a doctor and ask him.

I'm sure your MMA training will do great against a couple of nogs armed with baseball bats and machetes.

Pretty sure any of my rifles or shotgun will be just fine.

I lost 20 lbs and dropping. Feels great.

Being a weakling sucks

Other men really shouldn't give a fuck if you're weak, you're obviously trying to improve yourself.

well, you're starting wrong. don't worry, it happens to pretty much everyone.

starting out, you need to be doing bodyweight only. that's because you have muscle imbalances that will snap your shit up. you'll get poor posture, popping shoulders, popping knees. your lower back will hurt. because you have all sorts of muscles that are weak as fuck, and you'll compensate by putting more stress on your joints and on your spine.

bodyweight exercises will force you to use those weak ass muscles. unfortunately, from doing this you aren't going to see the gains you're looking for straight away. you'll probably spend a couple months on bodyweight alone before you gradually graduate to compound exercises. barbell is your friend.

by that time, you're going to be well rounded enough that you aren't going to be insecure about your strength, and all before you even start hitting the gym. on the plus side, if you turn out to be an undisciplined fuck and quit, at least you won't have wasted money on a gym membership.

Well thanks for passing that on this is relatively new research, resident stem cells and all, that's real cool, I'll admit it. Doesn't invalidate everything I said before, I just wasn't aware of the new research on this myonuclear addition and satellite cell thing, that's cool and I will have to look it up.

What the studies do back me up on is muscle cell growth or "hypertrophy". Whether this is the bulk of your gain or the new cells are, or both I can't gather from what you linked me, and I found quite a few pub med articles after and looked through the abstracts, it seems to parrot the same, addition is important, stem cell and already extant muscle cell count is largely genetic, but the driving force is hormones.

The ones I listed, testosterone, hgh, igf, they're listed there, as is mecho-gf or "mechano- growth factor" as I've heard it called. I did not list bioscience at all in my first post, and 90 percent of it still stands. Those guys getting gorilla huge bodies are on so much gear that their endochemical system, the environment of chemicals inside them, is unlike anything present in nature, and for good reason.

The strain on their bodies is enormous. Even the west African blacks, whose bodies produce and tolerate an amount of testosterone and high that is near toxic compared to whites (which is how so many are naturally jacked), cannot compare to the modern body builder, who is a chemical freak. They will generally die in their early 50s, and diabetes and heart disease are the rule not the exception.

But more to the point of this thread, it's not seen in nature that a two legged hominid is 400 pounds because it goes against thermodynamics and basic organic chemistry. The heat produced by those bodies is too much to shed even by profuse sweating, this will be an issue in any prolonged exertion.

And more damming is the amount of blood needed for the muscle cell to get fueled up and kick out waste product. It's too much, and after the anabolic window of two minutes has passed, the recovery time for these guys takes ages. They just burst then gas and if they have not finished by 120 seconds, they are useless.

This shows up in mma all the time. The best fighters usually pack on a lot of muscle but this stops at heavyweight. Past about 240 pounds of lean muscle seems to be the point of diminishing returns for any medium to long form athletic endeavor.

And I don't eat cupcakes, and you sound like some gay prison hobo, or a jew.

I did not list *broscience

Africans…amount of testosterone and *hgh

I did start with a bodyweight routine and have been lifting for about five months after. Its just disheartening to see other guys lift quite a bit more than me whilst doing similar routines and diets. Its probably because I started in extreme Auschwitz mode or maybe just bad genetics.

Physical fitness is somewhat important, but being able to shoot a gun trumps everything else. One day of firearms training is far more useful than a decade of hand-to-hand combat instruction.

Unarmed combat training (i.e., without knife) is near-worthless for the average person. Almost every casualty in twentieth century warfare was a result of some sort of armament. Unless you're some kind of spy or you live in a backwards shithole where you can't purchase a gun, you should never find yourself without a knife or a pistol.

It would be much better to learn practical skills like car repair, home maintenance, and survival techniques instead of learning how to sport-fight.

Wrong. A big back helps you punch quicker and stronger. This isn't the fucking matrix. The fighter that can get off 3 punches for every one the other guy does usually wins.

You do have to be fucking YUGE to truly be strong. But you obtain that from powerlifting or olympic weightlifting, not from bodybuilding.

And this guy is 100% right, calisthenics are an utter wate of time.

Do cardio and powerlifting.

Really, calisthenics is a fucking scam, it will not help you.

when do you eat?

important question. insulin suppresses the release of test and hgh, so don't eat before you lift or at least an hour after. very very big impact here, a lot of people miss it.

Probably best to know a bit about everything, tbh.

I took up a lot of activities that help during a happening. Fishing and hunting, even cooking and home brewing and distilling, organic gardening, DIY solar energy stuff.

Still can't hurt to learn to throw a punch correctly or be able to lift heavy things over long distances.

You can't survive a happening on MMA alone, but you sure as hell aren't going to make it as a morbidly obese fuck with an Uzi, either. Balance is good. Why not learn to shoot and practice regularly AND learn some basic hand to hand combat skills? Learn some homesteading too. All of this will help you be a stronger, more active individual. Put too much emphasis on any single thing and it becomes pretty pointless.

Physical strength is massively overrated. Even the strongest man in the world would get boot stomped by most other mammals if he doesn't have a weapon. We're at the top of the food chain because of what's between our ears, not the size of our biceps.

The only thing that matters is cardio, your tools, and your competence with said tools.

They train in almost exactly the same lifts, with added emphasis on compounds versus isolations in bodybuilding.

Today I realised that not many people on Holla Forums know what they're talking about when it comes to health & fitness. You all give me the impression of fat NEETs who idolise the bodily form he thinks he's closer to rather than the bodily form his HS bully had, they're both positive things and alienating whites who want to look like a marble statue over a beast (I mean that positively, ex: Eddie Hall) is a good way to demotivate swathes of our movement.

Holy shit you're retarded. There's a reason medieval knights idolised strength, and it ties directly into "tool" use.

I had no idea this was the case.
Thanks.

Example:

Get a marathon runner to swing a mace
Get a powerlifter to swing a mace

Most fights are over in minutes, not hours. You need to stop feeling inadequate.

God you fuckers are cringey sometimes.

Being strong enough to use your sword properly falls under the category of using your tools competently. I didn't say being a weak, frail little shit was acceptable either.

A marathon runner would never face off against a power lifter in hand to hand combat. A marathon runner would run the fuck away and learn how to use a gun. In nature, the smarter one will always win. That's why we BTFO the lions and bears that want to tear our faces off. Stop thinking about survival as a structured fighting event; it's not. There are no rules.

Absolutely no one not on a cycle has ever encountered this problem unless they ate to the point that they were accumulating fat and not muscle.

Take the middleweight in video related as an example. How long do you think you'd take to get to his physique from a sedentary lifestyle through bodybuilding? The correct answer is a few years depending on your genetics, and that's assuming you're able to follow semi-strict dieting and a balanced training routine and do this consistently. Is his not a good body for actual fighting?

Or assume you actually do become bigger, do you think you'll ever be larger than Tyson from attending the gym?

You've convinced yourself of several lies

Are you fucking stupid or just pretending at this point?

There's a reason knights were trained from birth to be big and strong.

Run the fuck away? Where is this imaginary situation of yours taking place? If you're in any scenario which puts you within striking distance of a stronger male your cardio won't save you nor will running, if you're in a field versus one man and not an army then you've probably got more problems to worry about than the benefits of strength versus endurance.

Also you can find videos of big fuckers swinging maces on YT, unless (I suspect) you're imagining a flail in which case shut down your computer and hang yourself.

You know what a gun is right?

Err, you're incorrect. Cardio and strength are the core importance for basic survival for the human male. Cardio, so he can hunt through pursuit predation, and strength, which he uses to kill his prey or defend himself. Remember, tools are useful because they are a force multiplier in terms of strength. Actually, there's more than just that when it comes to weapons and tools. They give you better reach, balance, more mass, higher velocity, etc. Skill is the least meaningful factor in those terms. If we were talking roman era and onward and so forth, your gear and strength are the most important factors to combat, but your connections, wealth, and protection are the most important to survival.

Acktually knights, while "strong", would have preferred a body build more like that of a gymnast than a power lifter or wrestler. Don't gotta be big to use a sword or dagger, and you need more than strength to handle a lance properly.

Holy shit. Got any more of that cringe? Keep it coming.

This is probably a better video.

Cardio is shit.

I realize there is instant backlash from people over this, because they aspire to a high degree of functionality, and I'm with you on that.

However, humans are not made for cardio, to put it bluntly. Popular depictions of ancient humans being fleet-footed runners chasing down their prey are ignorant. Our ape cousins are terrible runners.

Humans and other apes are slow. We made up for it by making good "stalkers" of prey, able to take delicate, careful steps. We also compensated by being able to throw things at our prey with our dexterous hands.

Furthermore, look at how many cardio-based athletes (especially soccer and pro wrestling, which are very cardio-intense pursuits) die from enlarged/exploded hearts. The human heart is weak compared to animals who are naturally gifted for running.

I would say that being able to run 4 miles is a way to shorten your life through all the strain you're putting on your heart.

On the other hand, being able to walk greater distance and having more endurance is okay. Also, being explosive is okay with short sprints. Anabolic lifting is okay. Stretching is okay. Core strength is okay. Being able to fight is okay. A combination of these would be optimal.

Fun fact: recent materials advances in metallurgy have given rise to "metallic foam", which has been tested very recently as armor plating. What used to take 44mm of steel to do looks like it will now take 14mm of "sectional metallic foam".

This could be a huge impediment to small arms effectiveness in wars between developed nations, to the point of making urban firearms combat as we know it today useless. We could well face the reality of going to back to impact weapons wielded by fully armored "Knights", who do battle with each other in brutal fashion but brush off unarmored soldiers like ants.

Pepper your anguses skinnyfats.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=lWmFu-_54fI

swimming, gymnastics, and complimentary martial arts.

more specifically…
is functional. it is a means to an end. the body is a tool. it's meant to perform a variety of functions. sharpen your tool to that end.

Again, I never said that strength isn't important. I said it's overrated, in that you don't need to look like the fucking terminator in order to thrive.

Depending on the situation, that can be true, but you did word things in a way implying that technique trumps brute force.

You're fucking retarded. Honestly, everyone here just dropped 10 IQ points after reading your bullshit.
Anti-fitness shill.