Who is Dysomnia?

Who is Dysomnia?

me.

I can't remember the word for it

go away again

You should stick an egg up your ass.
It would be ebin

I'm glad you are here.

HELLO DYSNOMIA I AM SO HAPPY TO SEE YOU PLS NEVER LEAVE AGAIN!!!

Dysnomia (Greek: Δυσνομία)—officially (136199) Eris I Dysnomia—is the only known moon of the dwarf planet Eris (the most massive known dwarf planet in the Solar System). It was discovered in 2005 by Mike Brown and the laser guide star adaptive optics team at the W. M. Keck Observatory, and carried the provisional designation of S/2005 (2003 UB313) 1 until officially named Dysnomia[6] (from the Ancient Greek word Δυσνομία meaning "lawlessness") after the daughter of the Greek goddess Eris.

During 2005, the adaptive optics team at the Keck telescopes in Hawaii carried out observations of the four brightest Kuiper belt objects (Pluto, Makemake, Haumea, and Eris), using the newly commissioned laser guide star adaptive optics system. Observations taken on 10 September revealed a moon in orbit around Eris, provisionally designated S/2005 (2003 UB313) 1. In keeping with the Xena nickname that was already in use for Eris, the moon was nicknamed "Gabrielle" by its discoverers, after Xena's sidekick.[7][8]

Dysnomia was found 4.43 magnitudes fainter than Eris,[5][4] and its diameter is estimated to be between 350 and 490 km,[5] though Mike Brown claims that it is 500 times fainter and between 100 and 250 km in diameter.[9] It is 60 times fainter than Eris in the K band and 480 times fainter in the V band, which means a very different, and quite redder, spectrum, indicating a significantly darker surface.[10] Assuming its albedo is five times lower than Eris's, its diameter would be 685±50 km, meaning that Dysnomia is itself likely a rather large Trans-Neptunian object.[3] Of the Solar System's dwarf planet and minor planet moons, only Charon is definitely larger than Dysnomia.

Combining Keck and Hubble observations, the satellite was used to determine the mass of Eris, and orbital parameters were estimated. Its orbital period is calculated to be 15.774±0.002 d.[2] These observations indicate that Dysnomia has a circular orbit around Eris, with a radius of 37350±140 km.[2] This shows that the mass of Eris is 1.27 times that of Pluto.[2]

Mike Brown, the moon's discoverer, chose the name Dysnomia (Greek: Δυσνομία) due to a number of associations it had for him. Dysnomia, the daughter of Eris, fits the general historically established pattern of naming moons after lesser gods associated with the primary god (hence, Jupiter's largest moons are named after lovers of Jupiter, both male and female, while Saturn's are named after his fellow Titans). Also, the English translation of "Dysnomia", "lawlessness", echoes Lucy Lawless, the actress famous for starring in Xena: Warrior Princess on television. Before receiving their official names, Eris and Dysnomia were nicknamed "Xena" and "Gabrielle", and Brown decided to retain that connection.

Brown also notes that Pluto owes its name in part to its first two letters, which form the initials of Percival Lowell, the founder of the observatory where its discoverer, Clyde Tombaugh, was working, and the person who inspired the search for "Planet X". James Christy, who discovered Charon, followed the principle established with Pluto by choosing a name which shared its first four letters with his wife's name, Charlene. "Dysnomia", similarly, has the same first letter as Brown's wife, Diane,[11] and Brown uses the nickname "Dy" /ˈdaɪ/ for the moon, which he pronounces the same as his wife's nickname, Di. Because of this, Brown pronounces the full name /daɪsˈnoʊmiə/, with a long "y".[12]

Shut up.

Ikr

He is Barth2032. He is a mod now.

Maybe it's SAGE.

Anyone know where meme supreme, not op, and that guy who posted creepy foxes went?

he's rite here

Meme Supreme, Uncle, "Egas", all the same person. He started Cats Cradle, coined the term "meme magick", and introduced us first to Kek. He basically did a lot of neat stuff in the background and occasionally attention whored in the tripfag threads. Either way, pretty based and influential guy.

He also believes he is a wizard, and his waifu is Teto
>tfw BO is autistic
Pls no ban

I don't know him by that alias.

Pretty much all of this.

wait, what? you mean THAT uncle?
that's it, Holla Forums is dead. im out. uncle is a fucking neet loser who spammed the board with his cancerous tripfag memes and should kill himself. like seriously, who promoted this autistic TRASH to BO? god damnitt im pissed. his jokes weren't even funny and i don't know why so many people like him. this is why Holla Forums needs rules so cancer like uncle doesn't become the BO. THIS EXPLAINS WHY DYSOMNIA WAS ALWAYS SHIT. what kind of edgy name is dysomnia anyway? fucking kill yourself. i bet uncle is a faggot pussy and will delete this comment too because he's a triggered whiny BITCH. we need to exodus NOW. heck, id make a better BO then you, kid. we need to summon the power of based hotWHEELZ and make a new BO. also sage this fucking thread

What the fuck lol

ITT:. dysnomia

Go away nobody will stop you! Bye bye!
send cards

Don't come back samefag.

Make me, Dysomnia

What the fuck man?!

What the fuck the fuck man?

weggcdugAA