Friendly reminder to filter tripfags

Friendly reminder to filter tripfags

Don't reply to them, just filter them and go on with your day.

10/10 excellent argumentation and skillfully crafted thesis abundantly substantiated by supporting evidence.

I think I may have had a bit much to drink ;_;

already filtered all of them, they all suck ass, especially vinnie

Thank you OP, this is very util.

Thanks for the second pic friendo. Saved.

Vinnie's a good dude, I don't know much about him though.

Stfu Pedro.

Checked.

REMINDER

TRIPFAG HATE IS A 4CHAN NEWFAG MEME

AMATEURS
Here is how you handle it with the ultimate filter.
You go into options, you filters, you check "regex" and "name" and then you put in this:
(^|, )(?!Anonymous$).*$
What does it do?
It hides every post that has a name other than Anonymous. Every namefag, every tripfag in one fell swoop.
"but user", you ask, "what about boards that have a default name other than 'anonymous', for example, 'anomalous'"?
Worry not, my friend. If you visit boards of such bizarre culture, you can change the filter to
(^|, )(?!Anomalous$)(?!Anonymous$).*$
or
(^|, )(?!Name1$)(?Name2$)(?!Name3$).*$
etc.
This way, the names you input will be shown, while everything else remains hidden.
You're welcome.

Hey, you know what place also has a lot of those tripfags you like?
Reddit.
Actually, this place is so wonderful, that claiming a name and retaining your identity is required.
Why don't you go there?

Too bad you can't filter avatarfags
:^)

Fuck. That's pretty cool.
Thanks user

Or you could just press the 'force anonymous' button, idiot.

Or you could just -FUCK, do you not even understand the idea behind hiding tripfags at all?
The point is not to prevent yourself from seeing the name. One would have to be a literal retard to get annoyed by merely SEEING A NAME.
The point is to deny the tripfag/namefag attention. Nine out of ten tripfags don't put the trip on because their identity matters in context. They do so because they want to be an imageboard celebrity. They want to be recognized and talked about. Even when you call them out and say "Dem nasty tripfag, get outta my lawn thread!" you're still feeding their ego.
That mentality is harmful. It's the same mentality that people uploading their photos on facebook or posting memes on reddit follow. It's focused on mutual recognition and dicksucking, and not on actually contributing.
This kind of attention whoring must not be supported, and on top of that, it should be outright punished. Punished by denying them any of the attention they so desire.
If you just cover up their tripfaggery and keep responding, you not only allow the tripfag to remain convinced that he's famous, but also you will actually help him expose himself to the people who don't "force anonymous".

great advice OP

n

gas the tripfags, anonymity now

"Get a life" is an idiom and catch phrase that has gained international usage. It is intended as a taunt, to indicate that the person being so addressed is devoting an inordinate amount of time to trivial or hopeless matters.

haha cool wow filtered

When you're talking about board quality Trip/name/avatarfags are just as cancerous as pedos and ponys