New Powerpuff Girls is a travesty

I knew it would be bad when we saw that first clip.

I knew it would be bad when the show head virtue signaled about the staff being 2/3 female and how "progressive" they were gonna be.

I knew it would be bad when they had a transgendered unicorn.

This though, this takes the cake. You thought the Twerking clip was bad, this is SOOOOOOO much worse.

Other urls found in this thread:

hownew.ru
powerpuffgirls.wikia.com/wiki/Sapna_Nehru
original.livestream.com/powerpufftv
twitter.com/cartoonnetwork/status/736202342765367296
courage.wikia.com/wiki/Muriel_Bagge
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I don't even feel anymore fam

You know, after the Sausage Party trailer, and the idea that people are defending it in any way, shape or form, I swore to try and use the term 'hate' less as it would detract from my absolute fanatical disgust at that pile of drivel.

But god damn me is this shit not asking for it.

Step it up pleb.

So Holla Forums, let me ask you: is this a flash-in-the-pan failure, or do you think this can and will go down in history as one of the worst cartoons ever?

If it didn't have PPG's name on it, would it still be absolutely horrible?

Fake and gay (literally)

ELOHIM ADONAI
DON'T YOU HEAR YOUR PEOPLE CRY
KILL US NOW
THIS IS BULLSHIT

It would still be terrible regardless of the ppg name.

Gay yes

Fake no

the voices are just sounding worse and worse as time goes on

this fucking show

The subversion is palpable.

They're literally trying to turn the Powerpuff Girls gay.

Nevermind the fact that Buttercup has canonically had crushes on boys.

I love the new show. It's much funnier, and it is now cute and comfy instead of edgy and violent.

That was bad, but the kiss was used for comedic effect even though it failed to be funny.

Well statistically there had to be at least one

I can't tell if you are just trolling or if you are stupid enough to believe this new version is better than the old.

Yeah I saw that video before and he actually says the people behind this show are showing heart and passion and they really know the source material. BULL FUCKING SHIT.

It suits my taste better, fag.

Does anyone have the link to the webm so we don't have to give this guy views?

I've decided that I've been far to liberal with what I called 'hate' before. So, it would be more accurate to say that I will not dignify this with hatred.

It is only deserving of the mocking it is receiving and being forgotten as it is destined to.

Fuck you. Watch it on YouTube and dislike it if you think he gives bad points.

Fuck that, any viewer count will just inflate this ass's ego regardless of "dislikes"

I already watched it. I just don't want other people to watch it and give him views.

Such is the state of affairs in comics and cartoons today that I simply cannot assume a kiss of any sort is used for mere comedic effect.

They *always* push an agenda, they *always* project.

Also, way to go with the progression for making Buttercup a fucking RETARD.

I can see it as an act of comedy.
But it was fucking shit. All of it.
The "bad dragon", the reaction, the kiss, the zombie part tried a little to be funny, the whole "i am a princess".
All of it was boring.

Doesn't mean you don't have shit tastes.

Comedy suffers when people push "progress".

I don't care for super violent little boy shit. I like my cute and funny shit.

He turned off likes and comments for the video. And Rebeltaxi linked the video directly in his podcast's description so his view are already super inflated.

A kiss is a kiss. I can judge it for the comedy.

I can't put my finger on it, but the color pallette is really off-putting for some reason.

Then there's the voices, which all sound wrong on top of having really stale delivery..

Which isn't helped by the awkward and disjointed dialog..

And then there's the way everything moves which just seems really wrong.

How has this stayed on the air this long?

Yeah, the original VA's were mad they weren't asked back, but now that we know this show is shit, I'm glad they aren't doing it.

This semon demon is the only good thing to come from this mistake of a series.

Hold on, what?

See

of course

>Tomboy Buttercup isn't troubled because she was 'kissed (probably her first kiss too).
>Buttercup is grossed out not because another girl kissed her but because a zombie did.

For anyone late she's supposed to be Kim Kardashian and her sister the ape is Chloe. Because memes and millennial slang wasn't enough.

Never before have I seen people so fucking assblasted because someone likes something they don't.

You must be fresh off the boat from NeoGAF then.

And I've not witnessed a taste this shit in years..

What are you talking about? This is the typical chan response to bait.

Where did you even find that cancerous Webm, OP?

that's funny, sorry you're a faggot OP

I didn't even smirk. I can't recall being so unaffected by a joke. Absolute shite

I can't spot the mistake in the banjo one.

I swear there is no word in the English language for how I feel.

welcome to chans, please be nice, kids experiencing puberty can get upset so easily

Heh heh "Bad Dragon"

I don't think facial hair reaches all the way down the man's neck to most of his chest like that.

What I don't understand about this shit is why is CN banking so much on it? I fucking saw ads on large billboards like a week ago specifically for the show and the character creator they put online in fucking Eastern Europe of all places.

Didn't even notice that. Wow.

Merchandising, user. It's all about the merchandising.

The show isn't even fucking airing here though. Like I've actually checked one day when I was bored, not even a single episode is out.

The professor pisses testosterone

But I bet they're selling the toys there anyway.

So wait…. we're back at toy-driven shows ?
…god-fucking dammit

I have no idea but my job is near a mall, I'm going to go fucking check it tomorrow before work.

Doubtful, more like desperately hoping it will happen. If it does however, I sincerely hope we will get a new card game show, we've been sorely lacking a new one with a game tie-in.

But at least toy-driven shows of yesterday were tolerable, great in some cases
I can watch Street Sharks, Transformers G1, M.A.S.K, Beast Wars, and others without feeling insulted, unlike this…

See the thing is, those shows had to sell the toys to you.

But now, what's selling the toys is nostalgia. The actual show they're airing right now doesn't matter, it's just a flimsy justification to sell more PPG crap to kids. So they put some incompetent Tumblrites in charge of it and let them do all the horrible and shameful things they want, while CN sells as much shit as it can.

Wow user its ALMOST as if its a cartoon and they won't always behave like normal people. If a girl kisses another girl in a cartoon its not always trying to push an agenda.

This face in the recent ep made me laugh

Why does Mojo Jojo have an office chair up his ass?

I think the rope is supposed to be wrapped vertically around the chair but it's drawn so poorly the chair looks like its glued to jojo's ass.

Oh man I want to be whit you but i tried to watch it.
I really really tried.
Its shit and no one should like this.

Are they actually trying to use rea people now?

I'm glad I haven't even turned on a TV in over 3 years.

Also Buttercup is canonically five years old.

What's wrong with the second webm?

Aren't they supposed to be older in this one.
By the boy bands and twerking I guess around sixth grade.

Buttercup has Blossom's voice. Also that weird-ass pipe thing.

You know, someone should go around to elementary schools and put up posters advertising that movie so that kids bug their ignorant parents to take them to see it. Maybe Seth Rogen and his merry band of oven dodgers will get sued for it.

is obviusly comedy shit ive to watch that show again

Yup. You think it's all just a bit laugh and carry on.
Next thing you know, there's trannies everywhere.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if they retcon Buttercup to be a lesbian and ignore all evidence to the contrary.

Nigga that's a fake. But yes shippers will ship anyone, same way as other degenerates will make everything futa and whatever else.

just how high do you need to be to make this shit

The princess is supposed to represent feminine stereotypes in media, meanwhile the kiss was used to appeal to SJWs and tumblr ship fags (yes it was also used for comedic effect but that wasn't its only primary purpose)

This show reeks of Tumblr SJW 2016 trash but that's an understatement at this point, its practically just Cultural Marxism; the show

This is an edit, right? Like one of those 'haha just a shitty amv i made in 5 minutes' things you'd find on youtube?

Get the fuck off this board.

Or hey, go with your retarded little plan, it'll probably backfire and just cause that shitty film to skyrocket in sales thanks to the publicity you'll give it.

I only have two emotions left in this world: confusion and anger.

What the actual fuck?

Modern animation, Satan.

I don't think you understand what I was getting at.

REMEMBER, user'S
IF YOU WANT GOOD WESTERN ANIMATION AGAIN
FIRST YOU NEED TO CRASH THE ECONOMY AND KILL OFF ALL SPECULATORS, INVESTORS AND FINANCIERS THAT MADE THIS INDUSTRY FINANCIALLY IMPOSSIBLE TO WORK IN

And until then you can and should work on your own stuff, I guess.
Not even kidding on the economy part. Animation based entertainment costs years of training, is niche as fuck and is a huge luxury. Having everything cost triple because of debt accruing to buy your own stock as the main business practice for far too many modern business firms is making shit costly all around. Everything is shit, because you can't afford quality no more.

BURN BURN YES YOU'RE GONNA BURN

Buttercup has a deeper voice than I do

hownew.ru

Every time I think this show can't get any cringier, it always manages to surprise me.

How about spamming investors and advertisers about how shit the product they promote is?

I'm not sure if this will make the situation better or worse.

Better, because it cannot get any worse.

I want you to know OP that I tried to watch that first episode.
I thought it couldn't be that bad.
I can stand Teen Titans Go, that is a thing I found the strength in me to do, even in the face "Waffles".
But I didn't get to that part in the first episode of PPG2016.
I couldn't even make it though that whole episode.
It was mind cancer.
There was no entertainment value to be found.
Only pain.

they really put this in the cartoon?

Oh and there are rumors that they are doing a Gamergate episode so that's gonna be one giant strawman travesty.

Fuck, TTGO is bad, but it can be tolerable at times. This show has no redeeming qualities.

Yeah, they are older in the new show. Probably eight at least.

Only thing as bad as this shit show is the autistic fanbase its drawn in.

powerpuffgirls.wikia.com/wiki/Sapna_Nehru

Majority of these idiots can't even spell.

Seriously, who allowed this travesty exist? And the fact that a fanbase exists is even more disgusting.

Here guys. original.livestream.com/powerpufftv

Make sure to show this to your friends or any kids you stalk so they realize how much crap this 2016 series is.

Absolutely disgusting.

RUNNING IN THE NINETIES!

No thanks faggot

Jap Jews are swimming in money snorting coke laughing at what we consider "best of the best" western cartoons.

lmao k

How does that even work in your mind?
Am I wrong in assessing that the cost for good animation has become overblown because the costs of most stuff involving the process have become artificially high limiting business possibilities?

Not what I said.

except the "good" anime were complete normie trash like western cartoons are now

Look at the 1940s Superman cartoon.

It cost over 800,000 dollars for a nine minute episode.

Akira supposedly cost about 22 million.

You don't crash the economy for good animation you stupid faggot, you need a bubble.

It ain't funny. Try again.

I find it sickening.

You're illiterate.

Wasn't that beautifully animated, though? And by American hands no less?

Is English your fourth language?

Both anime and cartoons have gone to shit. Only difference is anime isn't as politically or socially driven as american cartoons, but after Space Dandy, the UN fiasco and the upcoming Olympic games in Japan, it seems to be more apparent that they'll eventually suffer the same fate as western animation.

It gets worse.

What happened to Space Dandy?

What happened is the Nazi weeb is upset because he hates freedom.

I was wondering why her hips bordered on grotesque. Looks like her bottom half was swapped out a manatee's.

It's a fucking kids' movie with swears and dick jokes, it's not mature and won't change anything about how normalfags view animation.

Are you just pretending to be retarded?

Space Dandy was mostly an american project handled by Japan. Its an example of one of many anime productions containing american influence that are slowly entering japanese culture and influencing their own writing similar to Panty and Stocking, except Panty and Stocking still had a strong Japanese perspective to it. As american influence continues to take hold and when eventually more of the western world has their eyes on them, they'll eventually feel forced to comply to the west' views and demands.

Goon might be good but not because of such bs.

Cheap bait and a sad waste of trips.

I believe it'd be considered awful but it'd be forgettable, and only a pair of episodes would air before it sunk.
With the PPG brand, they're coasting by, forgetting all about quality.

How about killing them all?

Why has rap become a joke in kid's shows now? Power Rangers did it too(had a robot learn to rap while the Rangers took down a big guy enemy).

Mocking rap is the only PC way to rip on black people now.

How much worse can it get?

i refuse to believe this is real

ARE YOU READY?

twitter.com/cartoonnetwork/status/736202342765367296

wow, i can't wait to see the awesome crossover of two parody shows

somedays, you think to yourself "come on, it cant get any worse!" other days you just want to overdose on anything you can find

There's no way that's real.

And there's a reason that season is considered by many to be one of if not the worst power ranger seasons.

We've reached the point where the only sane reaction is insanity.

Reality bending over backwards to fuck itself to the point where things that'd only be in shitty parodies are now official is actually a good sign, in that it always happens right before everything fucking implodes and we start all over again from scratch. Modern civilization didn't just poof into existence, all but a rare few of the precursors had to burn to the ground first and/or rot down to the point of insignificance, which is a prime example of why we're not all bowing to a Roman emperor today.

Don't fear the destruction of all you love, embrace it as the necessary prerequisite to rebirth, and take joy in watching everything spiral so far out of control and sanity that a quick death results. The chaos will all be over soon at this rate, and then we'll fix these horrid mistakes once the abominations they've birthed have suffocated on their own bile, but for now just kick back and take in the smell of ashes for all it's worth.

GOD IS DEAD AND NO ONE CARES
IF THERE IS A WAIFU HEAVEN I'LL SEE YOU THERE

Damm, that failed try to make it less agressive than it actually was is disgusting. They don't even have the guts to admit what they want.

this wasnt even fucking SUBTLE guys, what the hell

a little bit better

i'd fuck that bubbles

Who's idea was it to cast a cardboard cut-out as Captain Marvelous's adaptation?

Five bucks to the trump foundation says eventually, they will give total disregard to canon.

You can't make this shit up. I am sad and depressed that I can't make this shit up. 

That is how I would want to go out. That or being paizuri'd to death.

That's a Sitar.

THIS
DAILY REMINDER THAT IT MUST GET WORSE BEFORE IT GETS BETTER

Isn't that the instrument that Muriel plays?

Yup.
courage.wikia.com/wiki/Muriel_Bagge

I'd much rather pic related happen in the show

CN wouldn't show one of their characters smokng a cigarette.

What movie/show is this?

fantastic mr. fox

what about this?

DON'T CALL IT A GRAVE

IT'S THE FUTURE YOU CHOOSE

Wasn't this just the pilot episode, that barely had any air time when C&C first came on then stopped getting aired completely?

…Source?

it aired on cartoon network for as long as Cow & Chicken ran, and it shows chicken smoking.

that episode was randomly played amongst the reruns whenever C&C was aired.

The what now?

Are we going insane to outsane the sane?

…Sweet mercyful god, please no

Tell me there's way to reverse this

smells like someone sent the autistic shitdick in
a link
>>>/cow/ should be notified, maybe.

either that or it's that same faggot from Holla Forums who thought gaylo > overwatch and naurtu > nanoha.
I can't comprehend more than one person having taste that shite around here!

Don't jinx it, YOU KNOW HE MIGHT DO THAT
Hell, they already got the body pillow designs out there!

And yet they still maintain that the largest problem with Symbionic Titan was "they'd never get enough toys out of it"
fucking idiots

Probably the only good thing to come out of this will be hilarious reaction faces. I know all single-char screencaps I'm dumping straight into my Holla Forums folder.

he does have a point. Most of the cost goes into bearded dyehair consultants now, just like vidya and comics. Exception being total shovelware trash like Open Season.
Compare the budgets though, and similarly-animated movies have wildly different budgets. The credits screen tends to be why.

Remember: Always listen to your friendly neighborhood authentically accomplished artists!

i want to powercum inside their powerpuffy vulvas

i got that reference

Who didn't….?

children maybe?

Then how did you get it?

i wasn't already a teenager by then

i mean i was*

How the fuck did you both come to the conclusion that I was saying that swears and edgy shit makes things "mature" (a word I never used or was ever going to use in this instance) when I never said anything that even alluded to that?

Are you assuming some bullshit about my post because I used the phrase "age ghetto"? Because I used it purely because of the fact that studios can't get CGI films funded unless they are strictly family-friendly. I don't give a damn about what normalfags think of them.

It doesn't matter for whatever reason the Goon might be good if it never sees the light of day.

It's not going to change people's minds about cartoons. Even with edgy humor, it's still going to be childish as fuck, and that's how people will still see cartoons and animation: childish, not meant for real adults, only good for children and standard-less idiots.

And that's all that will be made. Stupid, childish shit aimed at the lowest of the low.

Fucking hell, are people just not reading my posts?

Well that's just too fucking bad because Hollywood sure does, and that's who they'll cater to. You think that shitty sausage movie is going to open the gates up to better things? It's not. It's just going to open doors for more Seth Rogen imitators.

No Hollywood cares about the market. If it sells well, it doesn't mean jack what anyone thinks about it.

Even if it does it still means that there would be an established market for r-rated CGI animated films. Can you give a reason why that doesn't allow a good film of such a nature to see the light of day?

And they'll all be puerile juvenile garbage.

Because a good mature animated anything won't make money according to The Suits, and so they won't be made.

Because we live in a world where Female Ghostbusters exist, and trusting movie executives to do anything good is hopelessly naive.

How would they come to such a conclusion when the only reason they turned it down originally was they simply saw "CGI film" and "R-Rated" and said "no market" without any regard to perceived quality?

You're argument seems to be rooted purely on blind pessimism then.

And yes you might say mine is optimistic, but then I'm merely considering the possibility of something good happening, not the guarantee of it.

Both of you are a little bit wrong, and a little bit right.
People aren't going to see Sausage Party because the general audience does not like animation, and they do not think animation is "mature". People like us, who like animation are not going to see it, because it is literally toy story where food says "fuck", smokes weed, and has an orgy.

HOWEVER, if it is somehow successful, it will be like Deadpool. Producers are fucking retarded, and if Sausage Party makes a boat load of money, they are going to start producing any R Rated animated film they can get their hands on. Because one R-Rated animated film = that's all anybody wants to see, right?

But, realistically, if the South Park movie didn't open the eyes of studios, this surely won't either.

There must be something about this show we can enjoy.

She reminds me of Star Butterfly. I don't know whether to be disgusted, by this proof of CalArts infecting the industry like prostate cancer, or aroused.

I have a feeling they just did that for comedic effect. It still looks bad, though.

Have they shown the RowdyRuff Boys?

It's not real. It's even worse. It's an edit of a pose she did while they did this rap to teach a princess to be more assertive. I wish it was real just to distract me from the cancer that scene gave me.

This is gonna be good.

Which one?

Nevermind. I'm retarded. Literally the first video on his channel.

They aren't banking on shit. They are historically revising the PPG for the coming decade. The original will be like it never existed. This is part of how you shift cultures.

It all comes tumbling down…

tumbling down…

tumbling down…

At first I thought, "eh why not?"
How bad can it be?

Why can't they just remake it as it was? I haven't seen a PPG episode since goddamn high school.

Decided to watch an old episode and the difference was staggering. And where the hell are all the old villains?

There's so much to work with here even if you want to force hip meme characters into the show.

How come whenever people try to use memes to stay hip, they're always several years out of date? I realize it was a mistake to set any standards for this shit, but would it kill them to at least glance at reddit or twitter to see if anyone still uses those memes?

Of course not, their only knowledge of internet memes are stuff that's on the periphery.

These people probably don't even find out about memes until several years after the fact.

And really, would you have it any other way? You know what happens when memes are introduced to the normies…

Because they are leftists and the only thing they know is how to destroy.

And before anyone shouts at me and calls me Holla Forums, let me remind you that these bottom feeders specifically subvert and take over popular IPs, and then repurpose them to shill their propaganda, because they know their own OC sells like shit and nobody wants to watch it.

They hope the strength of the name (that others have toiled to build up) will last long enough to pozz a few more children.