Just Got Fired, Cheer Me Up

Just got fired from a 95k/yr job for taking a sick day. Now, I have to find a new job.

On the upside, I'll have some time to work on new things. Any suggestions?

Something in which you can interact with other people, those are usually the most fulfilling jobs in the end, maybe driving a cab (Or Über) or being a bartender.

I'm a STEM professional with a pretty good resume and professional network. I intend to get a new job in my field making at least somewhere near what I was making before.

become an alcoholic

Why would you choose to become an alcoholic? There are much better substances to be addicted to.

My vote's for heroin. Bit expensive maybe, but it's not too bad for you and it'll be fun at the start

employee protections are what?

I don't understand how unemployed people can afford to chase addictions. That shit's expensive.

I'm thinking some crazy designer drug would be better for getting laid, though. And expensive as shit.

The reason they gave was my "behavior over the last couple weeks". No details. No specific incidents. Just vague and general terms. I had some static with a boss (who I've known for years before this job) over his management style a couple months ago. He thinks he's running a boot camp and he's always looking for things to give people a hard time about. I tried to address this with him and how it was affecting my team and he gave me a "shape up or ship out" talk.

After that I decided to keep my head down. Spent the last couple weeks at another site with three people who I am certain are not complaining to him about my "behavior".

It's just a coincidence that I took a sick day this week on the same day as another guy at the site, causing my boss to have to pull from somewhere else on short notice.

He threw a tantrum and fired me for a reason he made up because he never stopped being pissed off at me for criticising his management model.

Get revenge.

Those wheels are already in motion. The company that I worked for has been flagrantly violating contracts with a Union. I happen to be good friends with someone high up in that union, who might be their next president. I intend to give him all the intel he needs to shut down their site.

Which will ultimately result in the guy who fired me losing his job and being unemployable anywhere else in the field.

That is good. That is good.

I talked to a friend in the industry about the situation and he was like "Just remember, revenge is a dish best served cold."

I'm taking his advice to heart. I don't need to tell anyone to go fuck themselves. I don't need to get all aggro. Just a call to the labor board and a call to some union guys and let the gears turn on their own.

I actually liked the job. It was this guy's bootcamp demeanor that pissed me off. It wouldn't have pissed me off so much if he had served, mostly because I never have problems with people who served. But he lives with his parents and pretends he's hard.

The job itself, most of the coworkers, the companies that we contracted with… all great. And it paid pretty well.

well tomorrow you can sleep in :)

Seriously, its just a job.
Put life in proper perspective.

kek
was probably a shit job anyways. i have a econ degree and make as much asyou do. also im 24

I guess you won't be able to aford opiats anymore :(((((

Is that you h0PIATEFag? Is that why you're making more threads than usual? It'll all be OK pal. Bad times don't last, bad guys do.

You studied economics and work as a systems analyst, how? I majored in geography and am a GIS technician.

get real faggit. im a fucking rockstar at work. im a business analyst. tefhnically im a category development accounet executive but its easier to say business analyst/consultant

Yes, yes my mistake. I should've read the thread before posting

so if you were there for a year you should be able to pay rent for years, so you have that long to find a new job before becoming hobo. i dont see problem

no.

shouldnt that be "dodo"?

Rent in my town is pretty high

Stay home and watch the news.

That sucks, friend. Have some ebin menes

Dude, sorry to hear about that.

If you'll have time on your hands, there are countless things you can do. Go to the park and read. Go to the beach. Get high as giraffe pussy and watch the Price is Right. It's good you don't seem upset or bent up over it.

You can totally go on vacation, but what you should do is enjoy the shit you can't do once you get a job. Your commute is also out of the question and will fuck everything up. Whatever you do, don't find yourself feeling shiftless or bored. You'll be fine.