How everyone shits on DCEU but love MCU?

How everyone shits on DCEU but love MCU?

Other urls found in this thread:

comingsoon.net/movies/news/799177-affleck-says-he-wont-do-batman-movie-if-script-isnt-great?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=affleck-says-he-wont-do-batman-movie-if-script-isnt-great#/slide/1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

because they don't understand real communism

Even if they are awful, at least with DCEU you get a different aesthetic for each movie. Disney's MCU movies all look the same, like a product made after hours and hours of focus group tests.

I wonder if these movies will succeed. One one side, we have a thing that sounds like a pro BLM/historical revisionist piece while on the other we'll see Cap Marvel smash the patriarchy.

I remember when Iron Man was out, it was nice to see a live version of Tony Stark. Now Marvel has completely saturated the market and they keep pushing 2 or 3 movies about super heroes that nobody know who they are (except the nerds). The first Avengers movie was cool because you knew who they were, now with phase 3 (or whatever code name they're using) these people are gone, they've been replaced by a teenage girl and Sherlock Holmes the magician. Who would want to see that?! Nobody.

I agree with the aesthetic part of the MCU in fact vid here explains it a lot.

Though I think there's some hope for Black Panther if Chadwick Boseman's performance is anything to go off of.

One thing for sure it's going to be fucking funny when the niggers come out of the movie thinking Wakanda is real and that they wuz kangz n shieet.

I think my problem with the DCU movies is that a lot of the times with the action it's very excessive. Like take Man of Steel or the Apocalypse part of BvS, it's nothing but two indestructible immortal demigods throwing each other into buildings and fucking everything up when you know that they're both not even phased by this. So essentially what it is a bunch of tensionless, boring destruction that drags itself out until the script finally decides that throwing someone through a building is A-OKAY but a neck snap is what took to finish the fight.
However credit where it's due, I think Batman, or at least his action scenes, are portrayed incredibly well. They're tense, brutal and really fucking enjoyable to watch.(Not his fight with superman though)
As for marvel, I don't know why people like them. Ever since the first Thor movie they've all followed this same generic formula that results in nothing but pure garbage.

I DCEU got worse after Man of Steel. Despite MoS flaw's I think deep down it could've been a good movie if the script was tidied up a bit. The movies after it are dumbed down and make little sense especially Suicide Squad.

Because the MCU holds true to the fact that its source material is a funnybook from the 50s. DCEU couldn't be more ashamed of its roots if it was a bitch getting her scalp bleached.

I enjoy the MCU popcorn flicks, and I'm more than a little worried that phase 3 is going to use the success of the last 8 years to start pushing faggoty regressive narratives in Captain Marvel, Panther, and Spooder-Meng.

The good thing and problem with Marvel is that it feels more welcoming. The tone, jokes, cinematography, action scenes and other stuff are more or less the same, so the average Joe or child who is now a teen doesn't feel too lost and why they embrace these movies more easier. Of course this is a bad thing if you think a bit, because they keep ticking the same boxes for the majority of people, but some people may start getting tired of them or simply going out of obligation or because they went with someone. Another issue with this is that a lot of people don't want to feel challenged when going to the movies. They want schlock, a 2-hour thrill, but a familiar one. So Disney gleefully provides, while also giving little stupid continuity nods, so that the people at the same time feel validated by thinking HEY, I GOT THAT REFERENCE.
It can also boil down to "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". If there were 2-3 movies in a row that suddenly sold like shit, then they would have to do an overhaul. But people still go in droves to watch them and complain little, so why bother changing it?

Same reason plebs prefer the OT to the prequels. Anything that tries to go deeper than "xDDD le pop culture reference le pew pew pew lasers xDDD" makes the average normalfag realize what a shallow creature it truly is, and it thus causes the normalfag to recoil as though struck. Of course a normalfag wouldn't like something like that.

They're both shit but MCU movies are somewhat self-aware and they're tolerable if you watch them with friends. That Batman vs Superman movie was just boring shit that took itself way too seriously and tried too hard to be dark and edgy. Even my capeshit autist friends hated it.

DC movies take themselves too seriously. Also I don't know why people say DC movies are different. They all look like Nolan's Batman movies

It infuriates me how the DC films try to be serious but fail at it. In the comics there are serious stories done well and these movies don't even hold up to it. Think of something like Kingdom Come, that story was so damn good compared to BvS.

>mfw the movie is practically calling itself Ku Klux Klan: the movie

This is actually true.

that jew looks like a tranny

Because Marvel uses more colors from the pallette instead of just brown and dark shades of red and blue.

DC should concentrate on the animated movies. They have better stories than any of the live action films, and the characters in them look better and feel more alive. Also they can do anything in animation for a fraction of the money they pump into the CGI masses…

The problem is, general audience still thinks cartoons are only for kids

To be fair the recent DC animated movies have gone down hill since Flashpoint. However there have been some good ones recently like Assault on Arkham, Justice League Gods and Monsters, and hopefully Justice League Dark will be good.

"b-b-b-b-b-but nobody takes cartoons seriously user!"
–Someone out there who wants to make money

Their costumes look like car interiors from the early 2000s. Are fake rubber muscle suits an aesthetic now?

I am still a little pissed about the X-Men film costumes from the first movies (after X3 I stopped watching them)

Agreed. Some have argued that it was necessary at the time in order to be taken seriously but, when you look at the Superman movies, Batman movies and even Spiderman which came after, the costumes were still more faithful than the X men movies.

I hate that mentality since forever, the reason the older super hero movies flopped (sans Superman) was not because of color, it was because they were awfully written, Blade worked well in the art department because he doesn't have a peculiar suit so the character had to perform better.

For the older movies I meant the costumes were good and better than the X men movies but otherwise I see your point.

DC movies tried to be the serious alternative to Marvel rather than accept that people wanted fun and goofy comic book movies. They got a much better sense of what works with Suicide Squad after Deadpool came out and made them start rethinking their bullshit. Helped that the people behind the Suicide Squad trailer tried making the movie seem like irreverent fun action movie so test audiences could then tell the studios that it was what they actually wanted.

Marvel conversely has always tried making their movies more true to the comics. So they stayed goofy fun which you wouldn't feel terrible watching with the whole family.

There is a samey feel to each origin story movie they've done, which is a weakness, but they have explained why they do it at least. The reasoning is that they want to have the story focus more on the main character and how they operate so they try constructing the villains in the initial movies as mirrors of the main character. That way they can focus the entire movie on explaining the story of the new hero rather than go back and forth trying to build up some other guy's story.

dubs checked. I agree with the Marvel stuff you said. I think part of the reason why they have the similar origin stories ties into the comics. Marvel characters tend to be flawed and are meant to be more relatable. Hence why the origins are like douche gets comeuppance and learns to be hero.

For DC would it be better if they just did the DCAU in live action for their movies?

The ones you mention, except Batman were very faithful and still in tone with their source material, but the rest is always black leather and dark color pallettes.

TBH the last thing I want is every capeshit movies to look like Disney's Whedon's Marvel's MCU. I don't want to see Batman make a joke while he's in a dangerous situation.

Good news is that Whedon is no longer doing Avengers movies and is stuck on Agents of Shield so I guess the humor won't be much of a problem.

The one thing that bugs me about the DC films is how they fuck up their villains except Zod. Seriously, DC has some of the best comic book villains and the don't get them right. This is something they could've beaten Marvel at with their bland villains or quirky ones like Loki and Ultron.

Excuse me?

For Batman a darker tone always works best, but the moment you want to captitalize on Batman's popularity by turning everything DC into the same darker tones then it becomes a problem, Superman is supposed to be almost in tone with Captain America, Wonder Woman is supposed to be kind of an epic warrior movie even if set outside of her island, same with Aquaman, Flash, his movies would be a more lighthearted thing.

So basically DC should just be faithful to their characters and they won't have this problem then.

Exactly, there was this mini-series of RandomGuy on YT (the guy who basically plays with action figures and makes a story out of that) where all DC and Marvel characters turn dark and serious except Spidey and Batman (who was like that to begin with), in some kind of meta-narrative it is explained that as consequence of Batman's huge success they were turned into darker characters and all, just like Batman.

Those were fantastic, and I liked Flashpoint too! Throne of Atlantis, Son of Batman and Batman vs Robin were boring though…

What?

The typical argument against animation, just because it is animation people will think is for kids, yes, it is still used.

DC animated movies have been shit since flashpoint. The only good movie to come out since then is return of the caped crusaders

You must be joking nigger. Thise films just as bad as the rest of the nu dc films with the copy pasted fugly art style.
Monsters and gods is only dick sucked because of the names attached to the movie. They really don't give a shit at all anymore. Just look at the steaming pile of shit that's JLA

I don't care about the animation style, I care about the story and the characters. Those were great in Gods & Monsters, while Assault on Arkhma is the true Suicide Squad.
Since I don't watch any series of this type, I have no idea how bad or good they are

The characters and story weren't any good either. The only reason I still watch these movies is because there's still a chance they might be good after the spectacular movies they churned out earlier.

G-d damn, another IDF qt3.14? When will the shoa end?

That's not to say there weren't stinkers too early on. Justice league doom, Superman Batman apocalypse and superman unbound. Everything else the first five or six years were solid or good. It's just been on a shit streak since War broken only by Capes Crusaders. They even managed to fuck up Killing Joke for fucks sake by adding an entire shitty backstory of barbara's reason for retiring for the first half of the movie.

the ot at least has semblance to it, the mcu is pure popcorn and it doesn't even try to hide it.

nolan has ruined dc movies for everyone forever, every dc movie will try to capture the "dark/grim/gritty realism" approach of it, while trying to deliver a faithful adaptation, and will end up being dog shit. the only film this has worked with so far was man of steel, because nolan was a producer on it, so it was like his bastard nephew.

all whedon does on aos is produce, he's basically out of the mcu altogether.

comingsoon.net/movies/news/799177-affleck-says-he-wont-do-batman-movie-if-script-isnt-great?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=affleck-says-he-wont-do-batman-movie-if-script-isnt-great#/slide/1

LOL

Too thin and boney.
Too much semitic blood.

Not my Wonder Woman!

you gotta be joking!

The best capshit movies are always the animated ones.

Marvel isn't being blackmailed by a shitty director.

apictureforants.jpg

Grimy muted colors is a different aesthetic?

They've been taking him off a couple of projects and bringing in others for Justice League.

So what's their excuse?

i still don't get why they went with cyborg tbh

DC/WB in general has been pushing him as a main Super Hero a lot

Why else?

It's because he was the only real popular black character they had in the cartoons ala Teen Titans. There was static shock too but people gravitated towards cyborg more and teen titans was immensely more popular. Even more so thanks to TTGO regardless of how you feel about the quality of the show.

So he just continued to get more and more exposure ala injustice, the animated movies and in the comics being the only darkie in a white cast. They added that booyah crap cause of teen titans.

God I love his stuff. Its always so good.

I think its because they were trying to push him in the New 52 back when that was a thing.

Is it me or does Deathstroke sound like Charlton Heston in this game?

Hou watch a grown man playing with action figures and larping?
I knew Holla Forums had autism but just takes it to another level

You are forgetting that Batman and Robin poisoned the well. This is why future cape movies strived more for realism and being taken seriously, some overcompensating.

How do you overcompensate on realism and being taken seriously?

And now the only live action Martian Manhunter we get is in the Supergirl show.

He did no wrong.

But muh Sausage Party!

I actually prefer DC over Marvel. I love the grimdark shit. No appologies.