Today on #rust-gamedev:

Today on #rust-gamedev:
Cis white maleshit dares to misgender a brave womyn coder.

i think he means stuff like msvc having coroutines, which they will probably sit on for years:| still not a he fuckin' hell I have been called he three times today if you don't care to learn that some people are girls then stop using gendered pronouns can't tell ur gender from 6 characters *then use fucking they* hum they? it's *not* *difficult* that sounds bad shut the fuck ip need a better word than they they works fine * ubsan_ is pissed stop trolling I have submitted four RFCs, two of which have been accepted; the least you could fucking do is learn my gender (one of which you probably use) or at least not use he for me not sure why ur mad, i don't know u sandlflies: not everyone here is male, so please default to using something that's not gendered ('they' is great) i think that a better non gender word would be just "e" since its short for he or she they sounds fucking terrible, sounds plural to me it's not, it's been singular and plural since the 9th century just like you which is both singular and plural and I'm sorry for chewing you out i know it can be used singular, but that isn't common so its sounds weird but it doesn't feel very nice when people just assume you're msle sandlflies: it's really, really common, and I don't feel like having this argument whatever i'm just going use e even if nobody understands me that's fine with me

Other urls found in this thread:

piston.rs/
doc.rust-lang.org/stable/std/ptr/fn.null.html
jvns.ca/blog/2013/12/27/guys-guys-guys/
lindseykuper.livejournal.com/418854.html
rust-lang.org/conduct.html
twitter.com/lindsey/status/460200161747017728
github.com/ubsan
botbot.me/mozilla/rust-gamedev/msg/65795496/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

*what* *the* *fuck*

What a bunch of autists.

We have been using "he" and "she" for a thousand years, and now these extremists want us to change a huge part of our language and culture because having to sexes is bad according to their ideology. *fuck* *that* *shit*

wat

tits or gtfo

>>>/trash/

If someone gets this butthurt and hostile over being called he instead of she is that person really a she? I doubt many actual women get this mad over "accidentally" being called he because they are secure in their gender. These mentally ill fucks should just be exterminated for the good of everyone.

LET ME POST DAMNIT

Anyway, I assume its a tranny

The infected spaces of tech are trying to ooze together into some sort of boss blob.

At a guess, the channel is centered around piston.rs/

girls do not act like this

it is a tranny

This is not technology. Who cares.

It's a shame, a language as autistic as Rust should have attracted better people. But it's led by self-avowed communists so this is what you get.

First thought that came to mind too.

fucking fishmouths.

why does it even matter if that fine coding gentleman says he instead if she?

Wooow stop posting any time

trannyfaggot

It's not just one person. There's more. Way more. Basically every time someone writes "hey guys" you can expect massive triggering.
Hey guys I'm trying to create a search tree and my node struct has a reference to its parent (parent: *Node) - how do I set the root node's parent to null? wilma: please refrain from assuming everyone here is a guy. :) doc.rust-lang.org/stable/std/ptr/fn.null.html Ketsuban: I'm not an english native but I think "you guys" addresses both genders, no? Tthx durka, Ill read the doc for Option wilma: I'm English native and I thought the same, but there are people who find it exclusionary and have expressed concern at the prevalence of its use here given Rust's mission statement of inclusion and diversity. wilma: sometimes! jvns.ca/blog/2013/12/27/guys-guys-guys/ wilma: Ketsuban basically, it can, but it can also reinforce a default. "hey everyone" works just as well but is explicitly without gender. wilma: It's ambiguous, but we try to avoid it. wilma: often that’s true, but it’s easier to just avoid ambiguity and use e.g. everyone or “all” I tend to say "hello(you: &T) where T: Rustacean" hehe aww guys & girls (and everyone who refuses to be a slave of binary gender definitions) if I use "parent: Option" I get the invalid recursive struct error again (the thing I went around by making parent a pointer). Wat do?

Klabnik!
He's actually pretty OK when you're asking purely about the internals of the language or need help with something.

Just never, ever, let them drag you into another conversation.

In regards to tech they're all very apt, but when it comes even closely to anything SJ, they go absolutely coo-coo.
Then they hold emergency meetings because someone used the word 'moralfaggot' in chat or whiteknight themselves to death because there are to few womyn on the core team.

if it's a "girl coder XD" you should always assume it's a tranny. real girls can't code, and everyone knows crossdressing improves code, so it'd make sense trannies who take crossdressing too far and ruin it for qt traps who can actually pass and without having to even use hormone therapy, seriously you've gotta be real fucking ugly/masculine to not be able to pass even with hormone therapy, which should tell you something about the legitimacy of your not-mental-illness would flock to Rust gamedeving.

Why do you say that? That's not nice.
I'm a novice and probably don't use the Holla Forums-approved languages and stuff but to say that no girls can code is just mean.

tits or gtfo

Excuse me?

tits
or gtfo

Ignore him, he doesn't even know what that meme was for.

he is using it correctly to shut poor bait attempts

he is using it correctly though to shut down poor bait attempts

says the fucking plebbitor

I know damn well what it's for, Mr. White Knight.

this place is fucking packed full of reddit trash, and I have no intention of converting.
suck my dick.

There is a simpler explanation, don't get so bent out of shape.

I wasn't white-knighting, but okay. And no, I hate leddit.

Dunno if was referring to this, but here we go:

For the uninitiated, there was a certain notorious case of harassment on #rust back in 2013.
Guys, can you recommend library for getting something from iternets via http? daise: please remember that not everyone in the IRC channel is a guy. lkuper: Do you have any proofs? Boobs or gtfo.
This of course left a traumatizing impact on our victim:

The victim documented everything in gruesome detail on her blog: lindseykuper.livejournal.com/418854.html
Gladly, the offending male has swiftly been outcasted and banned, and the incident, among others, promted the rust team to etablish a Code of Conduct: rust-lang.org/conduct.html
However, this wouldn't be the end of it. Even one year later, our brave womyn was still receiving online hatred and abuse.
boobs or gtfo boobs or gtfo boobs or gtfo oh dear boobs or gtfo boovs or gtfo mods? boobs or gtfo acrichto: awake? boobs or gtfo fuck lindsey acrichto, kmc, jack ? fuck lindsey boobs or gtfo
And albeit the rust community reacted and is supportive of the victim, she had to chastise her male allies for not doing enough: twitter.com/lindsey/status/460200161747017728
After all, the fight of a womyn in coding never ends.

Quoting the rust CoC:

I'm glad C doesn't have a "community".

Developed by actual SJWs, completely expected.

KEK

Posted on the behalf of Stephen:
ubsan_ this is you? github.com/ubsan StephenLynx: yep why? nothing do you know Nicholas Mazzuca? that's a pseudonym of mine so if anyone were to know you by that alias, it would be correct to assume you are a man? if you knew me by that, yes well, perhaps I know a nathan who isn't a man by any chance, you complained to sandlflies that he referred to you as a "he"? about you* yes but they didn't know that name even though you use male names often? I don't use them often that's the only website I still have it on but you do like to get recognized as a mle? no so why you use a male name? because I haven't changed it yet so you don't care that much to change it, but you care about someone calling you a male based on a nickname that doesn't point to either male or female? It actually was only recently brought to my attention but it wasn't just being called a male what was brought to your attention? that it was still Nicholas on rustaceans by "still" you mean a sex change? no, I mean being trans but the real anger was because it's just assumed that all programmers are male by a lot of people despite multiple people in these channels, very important people, not being so it's an assumption that keeps women out of programming kek and it's fucking stupid why do you care if women program or not? youre a man. fuck you could you stop making some deal out of this... fuck you fuck uou :v [TRIGGERING INTENSIFIES] you're an asshole seriously just go away uh and there is a very clear code of conduct in these channels so I heard.* ChanServ gives channel operator status to Tiffany* Tiffany sets ban on *!*@moz-hsfdq7.veloxzone.com.br* You have been kicked from #rust-gamedev by Tiffany (Tiffany)
botbot.me/mozilla/rust-gamedev/msg/65795496/

wew

fuck you fuck uou :v [TRIGGERING INTENSIFIES] you're an asshole

Lol. Definitely sticking with C(++).

Lol. Definitely sticking with C(++).

Every time.

Godspeed. Have another minor spergout from a few days ago:
it doesn't matter what they were thinking when they wrote #[stable] it's it matters that they wrote #[stable] completely unspecified it doesn't matter what it says but that simply isn't true! it has stable functions in it. inside guys chill, please steveklabnik: would you mind not using guys? but like, people or something? gender-neutral-ish ubsan_: yeah, i usually try to, thanks steveklabnik: thanks :) should be better at that ah, no shoulds, don't worry about it
Wew steve, what a slip-up. Really gotta work on your microaggressions.

Jesus Christ what was Steve thinking using such a terrible word when he knows better? Absolutely problematic

this sort of shit does not apply.

CoC can only be used against you, never to protect you.

I've always thought that to make English more gender neutral, that male pronouns should be considered neutral, and a new wet of pronouns (or the old neutral ones) be used as male pronouns.
So he, his, guys, man etc... are all gender netural, and words like human human implies male.
I'm not sure what to replace he and his with though. We should be able to solve this.

Allow me to explain:
You are not a woman to us
Everyone else is a woman to you

That's how it works here
Vid related

That's not how language fucking works; you can't just decide to change things and expect everyone to just start working that way. Languages must evolve over long periods of time from a much more organic route.

English is a mishmash between germanic and Latin influences. One of the things that we picked up from Latin is that our language reflects how our biology evolved: male and female. If you have issues with that language that we've been using for eons, maybe you should consider killing yourself, since you can clearly not function in a normal social setting.

This discriminates against me as I am not from a region in which "hey guys" is the established phrasing for addressing a group of people, and I will not practice cultural appropriation and use "y'all" instead. Check your Southerner privilege.

wut

he is right, this shit doesn't belong here

She mentioned her gender because it was relevant to the conversation, not because she was looking for attention.

LEL I WROTE HELLO WORLD ONCE SO I AM A WOMAN WHO CODES
you are just an attention whore. there are also males who do this kind of shit and they are just as disgusting but it is more often than not girls who do shit for attention.

So this woman inside of a man's body's only job around rust-gamedev is sperging out when someone says the word "guys"? Couldn't they set a triggerbot for that purpose?

My native language is Java Spanish, and here we have a heavily gendered language since most adjectives and substantives imply gender via gender morphemes ("programador" and "programadora" are programmer for male and female, respectively). However, when talking about both males and females, the language uses the male forms as neutral forms, and nobody seems to care except for the most stupid SJW who are trying to replace the neutral gender morpheme with 'x' or 'e' (which sounds fucking stupid when spelled out). Here you can use "tíos" ("dudes" in Spanish) and nobody would bat an eye, so the cultural connotation of "hey dudes", translated to Spanish, is completely aseptic and valid.

What I am trying to get at is, these guys may be chastising people who are not even English speakers for something that would be completely inoffensive in their native languages just because they weren't aware that some anglosaxons are the modern equivalent of 2007's Internet grammar nazis. Most people would probably just apologize to their underprivilieged overlords and call it a day, but you could actually use the CoCk. Most CoC include a "different cultures" clause that indicates that community is actually an international community and you should expect weird mannerisms and protocols to show up at any given time. Using this clause, you could claim the person chastising you is actually being anglocentric/white-centric expecting all cultures and languages to follow the same rules as English, and basically, that they should check their anglosaxon privilege before sperging out.

Now, some also have a back-down clause that forces everyone to apologize when someone complains first, so it really becomes a game of who the fuck complains first or, following the least privilege clause, the complaint that "wins" is the one from the person who is ranked the highest in an imaginary "scale of oppression". Now the question is, does a first world white transexual qualify as more opressed than a third world spic programmer?

tl;dr reply to any gender loaded expression complaint with "check your privilege, anglosaxon", watch the fireworks.

get out

make me cunt

Someone should get back into that den of evil and troll them using these tactics and report back.
It is for the greater good.

Great, so now even explicitly mentioning lack of experience is no longer protection from Holla Forums elitism. Fucking wonderful.

lel

>>>Holla Forums

r u gay

Germanic languages tend to be more gendered than Latin ones (German has 3 genders I believe), so I'm surprised English picked up from the newer, Latin influences.

THE INFECTION IS SPREADING

This begs the question why they demand that everyone speaks THEIR language. Why am I not allowed to speak my native tongue? When will this oppression by the englishmen stop?

It never was which you would know had you lurked more you cuntwaffle.

German has 3 genders, so does Latin, French and almost all other European languages as well, even English used to. Each noun has gender, which often isn't related to the object it describes, nor consistent between languages ("Moon" is female in Latin and male in German, while it's the other way around with "Sun").
Since english doesn't really have a grammatical gender (any more), SocJus confuses the grammatical gender with sex and then tries to become a special snowflake by tearing those two apart in their way. They totally miss that gender and sex ARE different things, it's just not they way they claim it is.

MUST NOT ADMIT IGNORANCE.

IGNORANCE IS A SIGN OF WEAKNESS.

Not sure which Holla Forums you browse but admitting you suck at code will always get you harsh replies for being a (street)shitter.

> wilma: Ketsuban basically, it can, but it can also reinforce a default. "hey everyone" works just as well but is explicitly without gender.
Ah, the old "everything is a problem, always, even if no one minds" ideology. I don't miss it one bit.

These people describe having panic attacks over trivial shit as if it's normal and we should all care.

Claiming you're great at it and then sucking at it will get you shit on. From what I've seen, if you say you suck, people usually don't care.

I mean it makes sense. Why would you want to encourage people to pretend to know about shit they don't?

You are either a guy fishing for easy replies or a tranny

French only has two genders, like English.

I might be wrong on french, it's been a while since I learned it, but I know for a fact that english *used to* have three genders.

On imageboards the chance to encounter trannies is 200% higher than encountering a woman.

Just say you have autism and can't into talking or something, and they'll fuck off. Or call them allistic (autismo term for non-autists), and youll get higher on the diversity stack.

On imageboards, nobody knows you're a dog

I spent a few years lurking in the Perl 6 IRC channels. They have men, women, trannies, bronies, imgur users, russians, etc. and that's just the developer demographics.

Let me tell you, this shit would not fly there at all. People like ubsan_ would get permabanned within minutes.

I saw a girl once.

It was awesome

Check your normalfag privilege.

FTFY

yeah, because most places have rules about starting shit in public like she/he/it/ze/xir did.

But newfags like that don't know IRC etiquette and know you take personal problems to PM. Or ettiquite in genreal about how you don't talk politics in public to strangers.

I saw a girl once.

It was horrible

>>>/wizardchan/

Sounds like a good idea to visit their chan and post them a "Hello guys" :D

Fucking gender Nazi scumbags without balls and brain.... almost as bad as Hitler.

Damn, what a beta fag. Just tell her to shut the fuck up and get out if she doesn't like it. Honestly, it's not that big of a deal.

The best trolling move is to replace "he" with "needlessly offended", "stupid", or something else when it comes to that user.

But Mountain Dew told me Hitler did nothing wrong

"it"

He had balls but he cut them off

Holy shit. I need to go and troll there. Another route is to simply ask only the guys.

wew lads

Normalfags get out

NOW YOU FUCKED UP

best response. example is a bit unrealistic though

it's weird, these people think they are carving out a path for women and creating a safer space that will allow women to thrive.

but in reality they just making things worse. increasing the divide and turning people sexist that didn't used to be, making people hate trannies that never cared about it.

I hope SJWs will soon realize this and stop it.

Yeah. I could see that creating a lot of actual soggy knee where none existed before.

You're assuming that their ulterior motive is to make the world a better place. It is not, their ulterior motive is to gain, and maintain, moral high-ground (even thought it may be subconsciously). You can see that in how they handle criticism and counter-arguments.

Why would women need a "safe space" in the first place? Fucking cancer.

if they realize what they are doing is having the exact opposite effect as intended that would mean they were WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING, their egos would get a massive hit that never would be recovered from.
:^)

That's where the whole SJW scam falls apart. These two concepts can't be applied at the same time:
People who claim to be the former while pushing the latter are trying to profit from it.

An SJW also creates more SJWs out of people who might have been amiable and gotten along before.

ubsan is opal confirmed

Rust is basically a nicer C with free memory safety guaranteed ahead of compilation, and it can also trivially interface with existing C ABI code. I hope it actually does catch on in the gamedev community.

opal as in wowaname?

Either tranny, a crazy sjw or butch.
Nobody cares.

Go away redditorfag

if that's really who that could be then he's going to be jailed soon

we can only hope

take ur meds nicole

Transcript of this screenshot, correct me if I got any details factually incorrect:

yeah they divide/polarize.
it is horrible.

hey, whos posting links to opal?
was it you btsu?

Who's "btsu"? Why can't you type a coherent sentence?

Where does your anger come from tho

ps why not just ignore the skids

why is an IRC clique using the thread to chat?

that's the power of the internet of things

>>>/plebbit/

our circlejerk knows no bounds
...and opal is tranny who likes to pretend he is a girl

lel mad

the irc cabal knows no bounds
IT WILL BE THE END OF TEH DOOM

no one cares

It's like you showed up to the thread with the hook already in your mouth.

take ur meds opal

see
confirmed buttpained

Well the IQ in here sure took a nosedive.

Opal may not have a botnet, but someone sure knows how to mobilize a lot of niggers to sandbag a discussion.

I bet freech did it.
DAMNED Holla Forums

stop whiteknighting for a pissy tranny and rethink your life decisions

Who are you whiteknighting for? half/g/?

sick burn brah

okay ubsan, I'll only say this once.

Fuck off

no u

Would be more entertaining if the streetshitter wasn't a complete punching bag tbh

IRC fags: do you have any idea young (and retarded) you look?

Opal: do you have any idea an jail you soon?
use to learn and the proper grammar nigger.

OH NOES
our internet personas and identities have tarnished and lost their value....on anonymous imageboard...
suck it up nofun fagboi and opal shill

Why else would you be here?

to bicker with angry autists

You seem to have plenty of those where you came from. All we're doing is baiting you repeatedly for our own amusement, because you're a lolcow like ubsan_.

I GRADUATED AT THE TOP OF MY CLASS IN GENDER STUDIES

> it's not, it's been singular and plural since the 9th century

> just like you

Someone has a male hate complex

(you)

seriously what's wrong with these retards? do they think they are trolling or something?

"Yes I have been single since the 9th century, what of it?"

look at where you are faggot

wew lads
I bet all of you look like numales too

What are you even replying to?

it's like a bunch of 15 year olds just discovered the joy of 'being annoying on the internet'. it's cute and fun to watch.

Opal is here
Hail the tranny queen

East coast just got home from school. They're probably the same desperados that chimp out in the daily site thread, now you mention it.

if i take over that botnet will you die?

not opal here, why don't you have a look in the rust IRC? bring back logs.

if you support "social justice" read this and your welcome

sooooo
opal is black guy that likes anime?

very true

the east coast of what?

Most entertaining thread we've had on Holla Forums in a while besides the "fix your shit kikewheels" ones

I'd tell you, but you probably couldn't find it on a map.

Most of the posts on this thread is by some l33t haxxorz group that is trying to shit on opal and is failing miserably

today i learned that Holla Forums is a leet haxr group.

Using the wrong Tau faction for triggering SJWs, Etherial Lapdog.

Farsight presses ALL the triggers. And DOES NOT STOP.

Fuck these people. They need to burn.

HOW THE FUCK DID YOU JUST FUCKING GENDER ME, DIPSHIT? ILL HAVE YOU KNOW I GRADUATED TOP OF MY GENDER STUDIES CLASS.

AND I"VE BEEN INVOLVED ON NUMBEROUS BOYCOTTS OF PRODUCTS I TOTALLY USE.

I AM TRAINED IN MEMEMASTER WARFARE AND IM THE TOP SHITPOSTER IN THE ENTIRE U.S. ARMED CHANNERS

YOU ARE NOTHING TO ME BUT ANOTHER SNOWFLAKE.

I WILL MEME YOU OUT WITH PRECISION THE LIKES OF WHICH HAS NEVER BEEN SEEN BEFORE ON THIS PEPE

MARK MY FUCKING TWEETS.

YOU THINK YOU CAN GET AWAY WITH NOT CALLING ME XIM/XIR/XIRSELV? THINK AGAIN, INTERNET RAPIST

AS WE SPEAK I AM CONTACTING MY SECRET NETWORK OF 3 SJWS ACROSS THE USA AND YOUR TUMBLR IS BEING TRACED RIGHT NOW, SO YOU BETTER PREPARE FOR THE ANGRY TWEETS, FAGGOT

THIS STORM OF RIGHTEOUS JUSTICE WIPES OUT LITTLE VIRGIN LOSERS LIKE YOU.

YOU'RE FUCKIN GONE, DUDE. I MEAN XIRSELF.

I CAN TWEET ANYWHERE, ANYTIME, AND I CAN WHINE AT YOU IN SEVEN HUNDRED DIFFERENT WAYS.

AND THAT'S JUST BEFORE I CHECK MY PATREON.

NOT ONLY AM I EXTENSIVELY TRAINED IN WHINY WARFARE, BUT I HAVE ACCESS TO THE ENTIRE ARSENAL OF ANTI-BULLYING ORGANISATIONS AND I WILL USE THEM TO THEIR FULL EXTENT TO WIPE YOUR STUPID SHITLORD ASS OFF THE FACE OF MY WEBLOG, YOU FUCKING APACHE WANNABE.

IF ONLY YOU COULD HAVE KNOWN WHAT RIGHTEOUS RETRIBUTION YOUR LITTLE CLEVER COMMENT WAS ABOUT TO BRING DOWN UPON YOU, MAYBE YOU WOULDN'T HAVE CALLED ME A FUCKING HE!!!!!

BUT YOU COULDN'T, YOU DIDN'T, AND NOW YOU'RE PAYING THE PRICE, YOU FUCKING RAPE CULTIST.

I WILL SHIT RIGHTEOUSNESS ALL OVER YOU AND YOU WILL DROWN IN IT.

YOU'RE FUCKING GONE, XESIR

It's ironic that the SJW mindset is what enables this basic, degenerate shitposting in the first place. Mommy feeds, clothes and shelters the schoolkids, and in their safe space with the alienware gaming laptop daddy bought them they run amok on imageboards.

[insert sjw tranny squad buttpain copypaste damage control here]

+1

lol

You seem flustered all of a sudden. Did that description hit too close to home?~

you sure seem to be flustered as you are still replying to low hanging b8
jesus you're low.

opal you should really just stop bumping this shit thread

Holy shit. Mods, do your jobs. Fuck.

I said stop it opal

I was expecting for a bit more fight from such a desperately narcissistic underage edgelord, but you went down in one punch. Or maybe your ADHD got the better of you, or your tweenybopper friends from school found some public game server to go grief. Who knows.

you fell for it dawg
what did I say dawg, dont fall for those low hanging baits dawg

Remember, kid: you're white trash and everyone can see it. You're forever trapped hopping from one zero-entry-barrier venue to another out of pure necessity because you lack the aspiration or ability to aim higher.

but he's a white male?! that's not possible he's an oppressor just by existing!

You can't be part of the patriarchy when your balls have yet to drop.

he's got gay immunity until then

You guys know I'm the autistic gentooman that makes boring threads about regular expressions and RESTful web applications. That's what Holla Forums is for; not this bullshit.

Mods, delete this shit already.

Hi, welcome to Holla Forums. We get off on abusing little boys.

make that a banner

Stop crying autist

Im actually black

Then go back to twitter.

I WANT TO GET OFF XR. TUMBLR'S WILD RIDE

someone is deleting posts

Next up we have two very special individuals.

Who's gonna think of the nonbinaries? Someone think of the nonbinaries please.
reading that; thanks guys+gals! not all of us identify as one of those either all assumptions about binary gender are to be considered void Not here to discuss gender, thanks. Just wanna know about the iterator. nathan7: Hello Earthlings? Surely there's another IRC somewhere for gender. savage884: yes, which is why I don't appreciate people assuming things about it here savage884: it's not what I came to #rust for nathan7: No idea what you're talking about. savage884: 22:20:39 < savage884> Surely there's another IRC somewhere for gender. pingveno: earthlings is totally cool with me

A question which has plagued programmers since the dawn of time: What datatype to choose for gender?
dragon: strings. strings are good there [= the only appropriate datatype for gender is String [= and it's better if your program doesn't try to understand gender because it actually makes no sense it makes even less sense than real numbers * nathan7 hugs kmc * kmc hugs nathan7! kmc: Are you sure you don't want to try to have an enum that covers every gender case? :P lol if the reals can't be expressed in a data type, then neither can gender facebook is up to, what, 70 of them? pingveno: there isn't an enum that can possibly cover them all gender should be an option type you could make a trait *shrug* but you might as well make it a string really I have my facebook set to agender because I couldn't be bothered to find a more appropriate one I would probably set mine to "gender contravariant" now it refers to me as they, finally C= if that were an option nathan7: 32 bits should cover it. :) I don't know what it means though, I just like the type theory pun ^_^ nathan7: @kmc: yes, you are right, indistinct name and improper type used, just for practice, the more types involved, the more knowledge i can gain, :-D dragon: no, like, gender should be a string I actually refuse to sign up for services that force me to enter a non free-form gender these days which actually covers a surprising amount of online stores

Kmc doesn't seem to be a genuine tranny btw, seems like xe just likes to wears dresses?

Sry bud just my autism, had to correct something.

And I thought rust was pro-diversity

How to enforce binary genders: name the field "canBirth". True if they have a functioning womb and false for all other cases.

boolean is the only correct answer

that was retarded dude did you even think about it?

Go fuck yourself.

ok i'll explain it to you since you aren't smart: not every wombman has a functioning womb.

Then they're of no value to the race and should be exterminated.

ok hilter!

Not seeing the problem here

so they're actual real woman and get marked as male.

But they aren't.
But they don't. Can you not read?

Holla Forums is for the discussion of technology and related topics.

You seem to be hell bent on turning a simple piece of true/false logic into a screaming match. Are you a tranny?

the community around the rust programming language is relevant to tech

this sort of stuff gets censored off of reddit r/programming. go there.

Exactly what this thread is about. Faggots ruining technology with their politics. So we point and laugh at them for being retarded.

if (gender == "male") { cout

hi brianna wu, you've gotten a little better but still can't program

> it makes even less sense than real numbers
I'm blanking hard here. What about real numbers could seem nonsensical in any way? You could explain it to a ten-year-old and they'd understand what defines a real number.

It's not even offensive for native english speakers. It's just these kind of people making it offensive.

In German, nouns are gendered like described by .
For "Lehrer" (teachers) there's "Lehrer" (ungendered), "Lehrer" (males) and "Lehrerinnen" (females).
At some point, academia deemed it to be offensive and 'patriarchal' that the ungendered and the male-gendered cases are often described by the same word, nevermind that before that nobody cared.

Their solution? completly fuck up the language.
Either we now have to enumerate all forms of genders: "Lehrer und Lehrerinnen"
Or, as recent trends have it, we have some solutions to awkwardly stitch the ungendered/male and female forms together: "LehrerInnen", "Lehrer-innen", "Lehrer/innen".
Not only does this look like shit and is harder to read, it ignores all grammatical rules etablished up till now and even breaks completly in some more complex cases. Not to mention that nobody has any fucking idea how we're actually supposed to pronounce it when reading out loud.

It's not officially in the language yet, but it's starting to become semi-mandatory now. College students feel pressured to use the "Binnen-I" because they fear their batshit professors may underhandly or unconsciously grade them down if they don't.

These guys are quite literally grammar nazis.

Implying there's any self-awareness left.

Who cares stfu fag.

But that would imply gender is something physical, shaddap you darn sexist.

Common Core™

You could also explain that there's two genders to a ten-year-old and they'd understand it. These people are just retarded.

Here's what you do in these situations:

i think he means stuff like msvc having coroutines, which they will probably sit on for years:| still not a he fuckin' hell I have been called he three times today if you don't care to learn that some people are girls then stop using gendered pronouns can't tell ur gender from 6 characters sandfiles [~sandfiles@IP] has quit ()

Or, alternatively, kick the SJW.

Note btw that these aren't just randoms lingering around in IRC, some of these guys are actually the ones developing the language itself.

Klabnik for example is a member of the core team and a community manager, which makes him getting whipped in all the funnier.

Can't kick them they own the channels.

Well okay. Everyone will just hear "he" in a cockney accent.

The line exemplifies the entire problem, really.

Give me sepples or give me death.

How about: do not store user personal information and if you have to, store legal sex which isn't likely to change over time and is one bit?

Wat

> it's not, it's been singular and plural since the 9th century

peasants can't tell the difference between a bound variable anaphora and a coreferential one.

what kind of cloud service monitoring happens through a IRC channel, other than a botnet?

Okay, it doesn't matter either way, whether I am or am not one.

Sorry, I just said I am a novice because I was female and replied to someone who said that they can't do code so with that I meant to say that I can't speak for myself.

I just wanted to know his reasoning for saying that women can't code. Sorry for upsetting so many people, I didn't mean to do that.

tits or gtfo

No and stop it.
In the meantime I am reading Pyhon workbooks and learning PHP and I am planning to buy more books on programming, and get a fun and well-paying job in the future, while you will still be here saying offensive stuff like that women can't code. I guess you have no argument at all for having said that and instead of apologizing you'll say things like that and be useless. The joke is on you!

Feels good.

I will fuck you in the mouth, give you a thick and sticky pearl necklace, and then shit on your chest while you gag, regardless of your biological gender.
What do you think about that?

I think you are just being disgusting and shocking to hurt me but I'll just pretend to never have read that and continue on with the exercises from my programming book while you think up a new way of hurting me and continue being useless and end up on the street because your parents won't pay for your stay anymore and you can't do anything.

So where do you live, I'd be happy to fuck your mouth for you at least. Get it broken in.

I won't tell you, just stop and go away and do something useful that you'll benefit from in the future.

Are you implying that breaking in your mouth as a fucktoy wouldn't be useful, cumslut?

Except it wasn't relevant at all.

The supposed "she" purposely ignored my joke and took it completely seriously just so they could say "look at me I'm a girl who can code XDD!!!" despite likely only knowing how to say "hello world" in Python.

You are one stupid cunt.

I don't give a fuck who you are or what you do.
Identities are irrelevant and if anything actually hinder the chances of people being honest with themselves and others.

It's honestly not even me saying most of that shit anymore, it's others who've joined in after I shined the spotlight on your sad ass.

I'm not even going to do the Holla Forums thing by insulting your taste in languages, instead I'm going to insult you for saying stupid shit like you're totally going to have great job security and get hard fucking bank because girls can too code, meanie!!

There is no argument needed from me or anyone else, it's you who needs the argument to justify why you feel the need to whore for attention, even if you aren't a girl and you're just doing this to be le mastur troll!, you're embarrassingly needy for attention of any kind.

My weakness is bait, I get baited easily, which is what this is honestly starting to look like. But fuck it, I had fun. Maybe that's just because I know I'm right so my brain is giving me a sick fucking dopamine reward as if I just came.

Go the fuck outside, Swami.

Ugh

I already said sorry for mentioning it and explained why but it was wrong I suppose. Please read the first message of me that you put the >> in front of, I explained it there.

Please explain why you said that thing about women in the original post and just pretend I never said anything about my identity.

You're saying, definitively, that you won't put on dog ears while you roleplay as a girl, who roleplays as a dog, while I jerk you off and fuck you in the ass?

Write me a program in Python that asks the user for a name and then greets them. You should be able to do this just fine after reading from really any of the million Python tutorial books for ~10 minutes.

If you can't do this, and you look up how to do it, don't post because if you can't already do it, it's obvious you won't take the effort to learn how/why it works, and will instead just copy and paste, which defeats the point.

Women generally write bad code for a number of reasons.
This is fairly well-known amongst people who don't feel the need to ignore information based on feelings.

Definitely time to stop it now, I won't respond to you any more because you are just very insulting.

Well, I am in chapter 3 of my Python book right now, and I haven't learned how a user can enter input into a program of mine yet, but I can do print and do a variable! And now I am doing exercise about lists.

So if I read how to do inputs yet, I could do it definitely.

You would have to store the input in a variable I assume, so I can do your exercise from there on pretending its in a variable right now.

name = "cecile"

message = "Hello " + name.title() + "!"
print(message)

But in the book it says you cannot really trust the users input because it contain an unnecessary whitespace or a wrong capital letter, so it wouldn't necessarily just be "cecile" so you would first make sure to remove the whitespaces/capitals from the input which I also already learned while you insulted me:

name.rstrip()

and

name.lower()

Impressed?

Where's the insult in wanting to fuck you in the ass while giving you a reach around?
Are you not flattered?

Admittingly I am having trouble with the lists exercise, because I have to print something from the list I made within a message, but the traceback says "list object is not callable", but I will figure out in time.

I don't know why you think I'm being disrespectful,
I respect your cock very much. Just not enough to suck it, because that's your job concerning mine.

Oh, of course, I forgot a second about the list[0] thing.

Really just give up.

Before I read that book I also have that is about hacking...

Why would I do that?
Maybe you should, instead, fuck off and stop roleplaying in the thread.

You should, because, like I said, I might start reading that book about hacking and then you can say goodbye to your computer! And you should be the one to go because I am talking about programming while you aren't.

Nice meme, friendo. I surely can't match your roleplaying.

I really do have it though, Hacking the Art of Exploitation 2nd edition by Jon Erickson.

Sounds like a perfect metaphor for what I'd do to your asshole.

Well there goes your chance to prove me wrong.
Women generally write shit code, was my point.

Look at all the major libre projects, womyn write shit code, nobody says a word but a man goes in there and has to fix it all, remove all of the emoticon-filled comments, and try not to get banned for using the wrong pronouns.

Women truly the single issue that's killing software development. They're the reason we have CoCs, why everyone is going insane running around the office trying to make sure there's enough niggers and women so they don't look racist in the eye of the liberal media who will ruin them if they don't "diversify" their workplace.

Now you're just embarrassing yourself.
Wait, you've been doing that this whole time.
My bad.

How so, there goes my chance to prove you wrong? That is just unfair, I honestly haven't learned about inputs yet. I did your exercise as best as possible with what what I was taught from the book. Instead of demotivating me you could have just give me a pat on the head and still make your point.

I don't know what goes on in major libre projects because I am not a part of one but if that's true then it is sad to hear but you could also consider that there are other women too who do write good stuff probably, and that they are just ruining it for everyone else, and I am sure not all male programmers are great either, so that is my point about that.

You're only embarassing yourself by taking the roleplayer seriously.
The best course of action would just be to keep flinging gay shit at him until he questions his life choices.

I was just gonna stop posting entirely but instead I guess I'll just post loods until they leave.

you think that's unfair? prop that ass up and I'll show you my dick doing something real unfair to that boypucc~

there are infinitely many integers and there are infinitely many real numbers... but the real numbers infinity is 'bigger' (cantor showed this). What this implies is that you can only every describe an infinitesimal fraction of the real numbers.

But real numbers are also perfectly ordered and logical. Even the irrational numbers have rules and algorithms for calculating them. Math and numbers are perfect because they're a set of rules developed from simple postulates, and if you change the postulates you'll come up with the same answers, just built on different rules.

that's true for a lot of simple irrational numbers but while there are infinity many computer programs that print out the digits of potential real numbers,
but there is a far far far bigger infinity of real numbers - that means almost all of them cannot be computed.

All of github's CI services have IRC hooks, for one. Would you prefer they use Slack instead?

it's stillborn lads, rust obsoleted by c++17, c++17 ftw.

off to triger some rustjw's with my privileged gender pronouns in irc.

maybe i will use c++11 to make a triggering shitpost bot to deploy on #rust-gamedev

Could you guys actually calm your asses? I know your penises are limp and crusty, but there's no need to go full sperg when her gender was relevant to the conversation, my God, it's like you guys want more feminists.

Good, you're getting the hang of it already

Someone should pop in over there and leave this gem:

I wonder how many standard deviations above the mean anti-depressant use is here...

Stop by lesswrong too, they're at 10% depression iirc

I'm not seeing the problem. Singular "they" is a perfectly fine way to refer to indeterminate gender.

His gender wasn't indeterminate. He was too lazy to change his github name to a female one because he's larping for attention, and got upset when people made the correct assumption about his dong presence

nice gay thread though very 2016
aren't you disappointed when you go to fuck 3D dudes and they're nothing like anime?

"ubsan" is male? It sounds like a non-gendered reference to me.

Please learn reading comprehension and come back later

Looks like a pretty open and shut case of Holla Forums blubbering judging from the OP. Perhaps you should stop projecting your paranoia onto everything.

spoon = fed

>>>/g/

spoiler: it was a dude the whole time

I think she was cute.

>you guys
holy
fucking
shit
I just
I just can't even
nice fucking job cissy
god I feel so oppressed rn
need to take a hit of coke and dye my hair again to calm down

Glad to see he really left after I didn't bother replying to him!
Been doing more of the book today.

How DARE xhay, what a disgusting and inconsiderate post.

Nice work! Good to see girls code.
And remember, if your boyfriend is mean to you you can always talk to me. I am a really nice guy willing to listen to the troubles of a girl.

tits or gtfo

Thanks, if that's genuine, I think that is really kind. But it isn't needed.

Not everyone understands the word "they" and a lot of languages default to saying "he" for things that aren't even people/alive. I see a lot of Brazilians call programs "he", how are you going to get mad at someone for something like this, jeez.

I have been called she for my typing style and interests before but I've never gotten mad about it, you just correct people and remember that people can forget details like that, especially on the internet where you're talking to several people daily that you may not know well. This is so stupid, at least they apologized.

at least he apologized*

I get confused as female because of my voice often. I don't really care. We're all just minds trapped in meat puppets. All that matters is that our bodies don't limit us too much. These faggots who focus so much on gender one way or another might be compensating for their weak minds. That's why these Rust devs can't just talk about their work, and Holla Forums can't just talk about tech.

Cry me a river

Holy fucking shit that's great

900 CI services?!

Is that Programming for Retards?

It's a python book for beginners :(

OOPS I meant that for

All post-menopause women are transgenders now?

this is not a forum for post wall sobbing

What will happen to women once artifical wombs are perfected?

What.

off to >>>/tumblr/ with you white knighting beta fag

Okay that was pretty funny!

Do you all want me to keep making updates about my progress or did I proof myself enough?

You have only proven that you are a retarded attention whore. Don't beat yourself up over it though, all women are like that.

That hurts.

Sorry if you feel that way. It wasn't my intent to do that. All I wanted was someone supporting the statement they made and disprove it but all it did was make people upset.

Okay how long are you going to keep up this charade? You baited several people so you can drop your pretend girl act now.

I'll just leave :/ Don't worry, I will continue on with the python book, I think it's fun to learn. I want to do more books after it, not necessarily Python.

I guess my message is please do not write off people like that, and like, just adjust your prejudice and just generally be nice! You don't win anything from insulting. Goodbye!

Why not start an alt right friendly one then? It's what I'd if I was going to do extensive shit with Rust instead of c# and c++.

You are weak and pathetic. Go get strong and come back to the internet.

I didn't leave, sugar.
tits or gtfo

numale found

pls learn to notice sarcasm

fag

yeah and you're 3 chapters in and couldn't even make me a get-name program, which is literally one short line.
get this book instead

stream your suicide

dis

Why does she have eggs in her pants?

Now a sausage too? Pants are not for storing food.

you're right, we should just get rid of pants.

Accidentally bumped wrong thread

kek at whichever one of you did this.

ubsan_ how does it feel to be a tranny? you degenerate piece of shit God told me: "Tell ubsan_ what HE has done"

[477 (ErrorNoChannelModes) #rust-gamedev] You need to be identified to a registered account to join this channel

#rust-gamedev now considered an unsafe space.

I actually want to create a general alt-right programming community. would people be interested?

we would probably have to do it on an onion IRC, I'm not sure of any that would suffice.

Codemonkey fix your shit

Haven't you learn already? Everything not explicitely against this shit will be corrupted.

I'd be down for it. I meant more for it to just be no bans for anything other than criminal behavior but lets face it, any unmoderated space usually defaults to right in the end.

Nic Endo? cool

that smart!

we should just make an unmoderated space instead of a stupid political one

JavaScript doesn't count as programming, slut.

lel

What the fuck is going on in this thread? Because it certainly has nothing to do with technology. SJW discussion plagues this board and makes shitty threads like this day in and day out, and there's no reason for them. There's over 300 posts in this thread and a good 90% of them are shitposting. How do you guys put up with it?

Why not? And Python? Cuz I'm learning that.
And PHP? I can do PHP. Don't say slut.
I will learn more things too. I did a chapter of a C book once but I gave up at one point but I will try again when I feel confident writing a thing in Python.

Shutting down problematic discussions is not the only option totalitarian states have. Degrading their quality and minimizing the outcome is often cheaper. Shitposting is noise that makes the signal less clear and limits the auditory to those who are willing/able to filter it.

Or maybe Holla Forums is made of lamers who have zero experience and a fierce desire to see themselves as cool guys fighting for justice that makes them compete in bullshit generation discipline.

Python is somewhat okay, but JS and PHP are shit for reasons you will get to know when you learn a god language such as C or Scheme. If you become good at C, you earn my respect as an individual, no matter your gender. If all you do is JS, fuck you, no matter your gender.

You can't even figure out C? Were you too busy sucking cock you fucking slut. Just give up, you'll never make it.

So is all of technology completely pozzed? Is there any technology community out there that isn't SJW-infested?

Being serious here, what are some excellent books for a complete beginner to C? I'm interested in learning it. I was just never able to find good books on my own. (not the user you were replying to, btw)

If this isn't bait, then I don't know what you honestly expected to be in the vocabulary of this community.