"Capeshit" as a term

Holla Forums, help me out here. There was an infographic about "Capeshit" as a term, but I lost it. It tapped into the SJW infiltration going on. It also linked the term to a singular author: Warren Ellis, Garth Ennis, or Mark Millar.

My memory is hazy so I can't remember which one. Do you guys know anything on that?

I recall one person here attributing the rise of the hipster comic writer clique to Warren Ellis and his forum. I don't remember an infographic.

It also involved something about the different "kinds" of comic to have emerged with time, critiquing each.

Jackpot. Got anything more on that?

yeah id be interested in looking at that too

You'd hhave better luck on halfchan as there's more users, ergo more people who'd of saved it from its first post.

You mean these?

Yes, that's it! Thank you very much.

So I was wrong on all counts. Well alright then.

Marvel and DC turned to SJW writers because they have scraped all the way through the bottom of the barrel in terms of new ideas that magically fit in to their retardedly overdone and rehashed canons and dug straight into the sewers.

Eat shit if you want, but kicking SJW's out of comics isn't going to magically make new customers buy Spiderman #213124322563463. There are much deeper problems with American comics that you're evidently far too defensive to face.

Manga and Franco-Belgian comics won't continue to take over, they already have.

Marvel and DC are in the movie business now.

The popularity of cape comics has been in decline since the 1950s. After World War 2, the GIs who developed a taste for comics during the war wanted stories that weren't superheroes, and comic publishers were happy to oblige. That should've been that, had Archie and DC not used the comics scare to crush their competition and artificially boost the popularity of their capes.

It's been an ongoing thing since then where the bigger comic publishers would attempt to drive their competition out of business, but would only succeed in annihilating comics market. It happened in the seventies with the DC Implosion and it happened in nineties with the Great Comic-Book Crash. What we're left with is an industry more dead than alive, utterly ravaged by their excesses and pathetically trying to bargain with Death.

SJWs are just another virus infecting what is already a terminal patient.

Ignore that man behind the curtain goyim

>it's Diesel Dyke from episode #3 of Young Captain Adventure, published in Penthouse Comix #3

It's a good day to be a neckbeard.

Seriously tho this is why your industry is so cucked Holla Forums you refuse to stand up and take it up the ass and pretend "I didn't want it anyways" while crying impotent tears

Please, keep going. I need to know how the 80 year old medium I follow only started to have problems once rainbow haired land-whales started writing shit comics.

What the hell "Bendis" mean?

Putting Diesel Dyke (an obvious parody of the feminist man-hater) in the webcomics section just to push forth a narrative is what an SJW would do. If you have to blatantly lie in order to make your point then you don't actually have a point. All you have is your bias.

You talking about him?

Bendis?

Talking about the "Bendis" part from the first image.

What kinds of comics its that term refering to?

It believe it's referring to WORDS WORDS WORDS WORDS WORDS WORDS WORDS WORDS WORDS WORDS WORDS WORDS WORDS WORDS WORDS WORDS WORDS WORDS WORDS WORDS WORDS WORDS WORDS WORDS style of comics

Like CAD was/is; or what QC is turning into.

Oh you mean the guy from the comics….I know him…They call him Bendis….

Ok I see it. Thanks

What are you thanking me for? What did I do?

That image doesn't indicate that Bendis ever coined the term 'capeshit' like you're asking. It's just a mass of autism based on this comparatively much simpler and easier to get image

Gotta say, that is the most lesbian phrase I have ever read.

Anyway if you want to know more about Bendis Read Illuminating Comics. The parody replacement comic so insanely good I have trouble distinguishing whats parody and what isn't.

Here is a sample.

I got a comic I'm looking for too. I remember reading a realistic Spider-Man comic, where Peter got bit by a radioactive spider, but it fucked up the use of his arm and Osborn was just a meglomaniac businessman who goes nuts and tries to kill him and Gwen. I've been looking everywhere, but I haven't seen it.

I remember back in the day when JLU was still on and the episode Flashpoint came out, where the Justice League are deciding what to do about Cadmus after what they've done to the Question and Captain Atom, and then Lex Luthor fires their giant space laser.

Anyway, Bruce Timm used to make occasional posts on ToonZone, and they were talking about the episode and one poster said something like 'They should have just stayed in the Watchtower and talked' and Bruce Timm responded 'Ah. Bendis fan, are you?'

When I make this sort of stuff I keep it on an external hard drive, a while back I adopted a puppy and she chewed through the usb cable, so I lost access to everything I usually post until the replacement cord came in.

During that time there was a massive surge of the term "capeshit" being used on Holla Forums, to the point that people started making strawpolls about it. The results made it pretty apparent it (at least over there) was just one single person using the term. Hard as I find it to believe, that really killed the thunder for me, I felt silly even acknowledging the term if there's even the slightest chance that all this time it's just been one incredibly obsessive guy spamming it everywhere.

If there's even a 1% chance, I have to treat it as an absolute.

But yeah, most of the modern hate on super hero comics within the industry sparked off with Ellis on his forum. He claimed super heroes killed all the other genres, that if not for them romance, horror and western comics would all be flourishing, and what killed them was the comics code of authority. This is misleading though, comics were still being published in those genres, they just found greater success in other mediums like film, television, manga and novels. Ellis really just hates super heroes because he wanted to write for television, but his attempts repeatedly failed and the only field he could get work in was super hero comics. It's like resenting his parents for bailing him out when he was going to get evicted.

The image isn't supposed to say Bendis coined the term, but just show the alternate styles of western comics typically praised by people trashing super hero comics.

But it's such a funny panel, and encapsulates what surrounds it so well. I don't know, if pressed I'd probably just find a terrible panel from Hellcat or something, Marvel's put out so much more material suitable for that section since I made that image.

Just manga. No one gives a shit about 'Franco-Belgian comics' you fucking hipster.

Ahhh, this is where the "bitter rebellion" part comes from.

Any specific sources for this attitude of his?

Since "capeshit" spread so fast, it's difficult to research the term's origins.

Funny thing is Warren Ellis has written some of my favorite super hero deconstructions. And no. He's fucking wrong. A lack of exposure killed non ape comics.

That's wrong too. It's the fans that killed non-superhero comics. Big comic book companies got in fans to replace the professionals because they didn't want to pay the professionals more money/give them benefits. The fans, who were then running the asylum, began pushing out non-superhero stuff because they didn't want to read it and they never looked at the bigger picture. A western comic, for example, might not sell like gangbusters but they'd pull in consistent numbers. Fans would get rid of books like that in favour of more superheroes and they couldn't sell all of them.

it might also be a thing that the comics haven't been very good due to the nature that the big two are both owned by major mainstream media companies that dictate the agenda.

You're wrong, user. While I might hate Ellis, his assessment that capes killed all other genres is correct. However, Ellis isn't placing the blame where it belongs, with cape publishers.

Before 1955, superheroes were on their way out and other genres were on the rise. Then, to undercut all of this, came the Great Comic Book Scare and The Senate Sub-Committee on Juvenile Delinquency. Taking advantage of the situation, DC's Jack Liebowitz and Archie's John Goldwater used the Comics Code to utterly annihilate their competition. Without Code approval, many newstands wouldn't carry the books, so by creating a Code that was extremely harsh toward Crime, Romance, and Horror, the main genres of their publishing rivals, they in effect suppressed other genres from gaining ground in the industry. In the meantime, their own titles, superheroes and comedy, would come to dominance, despite their waning popularity with the public, thanks to the lack of diversity they created.

So yeah, cape publishers are literally the devil and anything bad that happens to them is inherently good.

Ah, fuck.

My love for Bruce grew three fucking sizes this day.

I know it's a parody. Your file name even has PARODY.

But it feels too damn real.

DCAU Bruce is best and most human.

I wonder if this lunkhead would enjoy making a walking simulator.

It sounds like a combination of reasons is likely.