Scrooge McDuck is dead

Alan Young, voice of Scrooge McDuck, passed away today at the age of 96.

archive.is/C8cBO

Oh.
Well, shit.

I remember laughing so hard when he cameo'd in the new Mickey Mouse shorts.

It was unexpected and I loved it.

Those appearances were fun, even if Alan sounded sedated at his very advanced age.

Oh shit, is June Foray next?

Life is like a hurricane, guys…

It fucking blows.

time to reread all the comics

Remember when he voiced Scrooge for the Wayforward Remake? He was a trooper.

This is a sad day for capitalism.

Well so much for that perfect reboot by the CN legends. It'll still be great I hope but without Alan it just won't be the same.

Don't fucking say that, I don't want the old guard to go.

Carl Barks (March 27, 1901 – August 25, 2000) was an American cartoonist, author, and painter. He is best known for his comics about Donald Duck and as the creator of Scrooge McDuck. He worked anonymously until late in his career; fans dubbed him The Duck Man and The Good Duck Artist. In 1987, Barks was one of the three inaugural inductees of the Will Eisner Comic Book Hall of Fame.

Barks worked for the Disney Studio and Western Publishing where he created Duckburg and many of its inhabitants, such as Scrooge McDuck (1947), Gladstone Gander (1948), the Beagle Boys (1951), The Junior Woodchucks (1951), Gyro Gearloose (1952), Cornelius Coot (1952), Flintheart Glomgold (1956), John D. Rockerduck (1961) and Magica De Spell (1961). Cartoonist Will Eisner called him "the Hans Christian Andersen of comic books."[2]

They were going to go with an all new cast anyway, according to Launchpad's VA

I can't blame them for that. Most of the original DuckTails cast are either dead or getting there.

Some of the VAs sounded great in the Ducktales Game remake

He was awesome in The Time Machine and Mr. Ed.

Some of the VAs in the game were different actors.

Mrs. Beakley for instance was played by Wendee Lee.

good to know my ears didn't deceive me on that.

>>>Holla Forums9398702

Enjoy, a Holla Forumsm/rade

I hate to be that pleb who has to ask, but I've never found a decent link to the Scrooge comics.
Where would I find them?

>>>/fs/4779
I'd upload the complete collection, but it's about 8 gigs in size, so tomorrow

Oh fuck, that's good enough for now user, thank you.
Honestly I didn't expect a fruitful reply so quickly.

I was dumping a few issues on Holla Forums since they had a thread up, I linked to it earlier

Also a problem with the "complete" collection is a lot of the ones in the middle are reprints of older ones under a different publisher

Well it's definitely appreciated, I've been looking for a decent place to download the Don Rosa collection in particular for a little while now.

Wow this is fucking terrible

Go watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse

Thank you Mr. Young for filling our childhoods with such joy. We will always remember you fondly. May your spirit rest in peace.

who will get his first penny? it is a well known fact that Scrooges first penny is the most powerful object in the world.

I though your suppose to celebrate at that point. A shame he couldn't get the triple digit plaque, but he had a good run. No need to be upset.

This year is pretty sad so far.

I've managed to find a lot of stuff on Pirate Bay. Complete collections of Carl Barks, complete collections of Don Rosa, scans of Uncle Scrooge issues from the 2010s, all the Italian comics Disney has been translating and publishing digitally on comixology.

Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck should seriously be considered an essential comic book IMO, it's one of the greatest life stories in comics ever and it's set in the bloody Donald Duck universe

Don Rosa in general is my favourite Donald Duck artist of all time

Pleb detected

It is his love for his money (the first coin in particular) that makes it have such strong magical value

double pleb detected
the right answer is that the dime only serves for monetary purpose, regardless of whether it has magic because of Scrooge or Scrooge got rich because of it

That reminds me; Alan Young is most likely in Heaven, but Scrooge will rot in hell.

it's the first piece of currency he ever earned, in the comics it's shown a few times to actually dictate his luck, but these plots are typically one offs

I doubt that, Scrooge has proven to have a soft heart, it's just years out by his lonesome have hardened it

So I guess you can say that he didn't die Young

Goddamnit carlos, I hope Trump launches you out of a cannon

anyone have the mega links provided in the Holla Forums thread before the mod so graciously 404'd it?

I'd like to look through them after playing through the Remake today.

>>>/fs/4779

I'LL SEE YOU IN HELL, CARLOS!!!!!

That's how he able to swim in them?

thank you very much

He found it was something that came natural to him, someone tried to off scrooge by pushing him off a cliff and landed in one of his money trains shipping containers full of cash, found out that he could swim, and immediately found out that it doesn't work with everything as he slams into the coal car and warns the conductor that bandits are going to be attacking soon.

Read Life and Times last summer, was definitely one of the greatest adventures I've read, didn't expect that. I kept blowing off reading the rest of Don Rosa's stuff, but I guess the time is now.

There's a special place in spic hell for you Carlos.

But he did die Young, if you know what I mean

Yeah