KND Rules

Kids Next Door thread.

Let's start it off with the movie special.

Original team was comprised of three straight white males, and two WoC (one of which got COLONIZED).

KND was fucking great.

I remember KND having some great cliffhangers.

Like when Uno had to rescue the team and they got amnesia and the episode ended with them asking who he is

Or when there was that alternate reality KND and at the end of the episode it was revealed that Numbuh 1 was switched with his alternate version

I remember when it first came out I didn't like it. I wish I had given it more of a chance when it was still around now that I'm surrounded by pastel colored Calarts shit.

Now THIS is a worldbuilding show. No half assed implications in the background.

Pretty damn epic at times, and was just visually enjoyable to watch at least from the Gadget perspective.

It started out rough, but got a lot better as it went on. One of my absolute favourite CN shows.

Numbah 5's dad was Bill Cosby.

My Nigga

Oh yeah, I forgot about the worldbuilding in the show. It was cool seeing the lore behind it expand from just 5 kids to a whole organization with recurring villains by the end of it.

Anyone remember those fucking ODST drill things the KND had.

The tech in this show was sick.

Man, that scene with Father near the end of the movie was one of the coolest villain moments in ANY media, even if it was rendered pointless like eight seconds later. I wholeheartedly believe that if they didn't go with the obvious joke that the ensuing Father/Grandfather fight would have been absolutely fucking spectacular.

I wish they'd gone with the fight- it would've been a fun watch.

True but I believe it wouldn't fit thematically. Still would be incredible though.

Sequel never.

It's such bullshit that Cartoon Network won't bring back shows like KND, shows the creators have wanted to bring back for a long time now, just because they're not merchandisable enough. It's more despicable when they "bring back" a show like The Powerpuff Girls, a show the creator didn't even want to continue.

Are we in retard backwards lala land? I would buy the SHIT out of KND toys. Those things SCREAM toyetic!

Real answer is that KND was anti bitch-femminist (Much moreso then PPG). It as a concept was about Boys and Girls being friends.

Can't have that now, can we?

Remember they always shat on Numbah 86

And had a whole girlpocalypse two parter?

If cartoon network won't take it maybe Adult Swim will. They are bringing back Samurai Jack with the original team why not KND? Although it would be funny that a show all about evil adults is on a network called Adult Swim

Didn't that end on the moral of "Hey, we may be different genders and like different stuff but, we can still play together and be friends n shit."

They also had some sick tree houses.
(sorry for the shit rez quality)

Yup. Terrible lesson for todays boys. As is any lesson thats not "Sit the fuck down. Ladies talkin here!"

Also more reason why not to bring back the show: Cause the show is raciss!

Mexicains in Cactuses? Jamaicans in a Palm Tree? RACISSSSS

Even though it's native to the damn region.

Sector V was even multicultural.

Nunbuh 1: English

Nunbuh 2: American

Nunbuh 3:Japanese

Nunbuh 4:Australian

Nunbuh 5:French

Logic shmogic! If we yell it enough therefore its true.

Can you see why it would just not be possible in the current climate?

The only things allowed are tepid shows that are as inoffensive as possible and about as doing as little as you can.

I know, it just a sad truth that sucks the fun out of practically everything to the point where you can't even ignore it because it outright bans and censors anything with enough opposing viewpoints.

More then anything I would say recent shows are not fun. They are FUNNY at times but not fun. Like…A animated standup comedian. There are rare exceptions but its more moments.

It has to do with presentation, animation, and general everything.

I'd be okay with that, but I couldn't see it happening, since KND doesn't seem like the show AS would want.

One of the few shows that did diversity fucking RIGHT. Gave us a cast of diverse characters with different personalities, goals, and upbringings and sometimes they conflicted with each other. We loved them for that.

What's tumblr about either of those posts?

Now that's fucking terrifying.

Isn't Father single?
His kids aren't even his, they are kidnapped adopted.

But that requires imagination of me to do anything OTHER then ship with a genderbend.

Father seems almost occultish in a sense that he seems to have no other motive then his "EVIL!" for evils sake.

He's literally the patriarchy.

Can anyone make a reaction webm out of that scene at 21:20 where pirates scream "I'm salty!"?

Ya cruddy adult what do ya think your doing here?

Not to mention those 5 kids themselves were just a bunch of random secondary characters to initially a random cartoon short about a doctor, a kid and his monkey. Kenny and the Chimp

You could reason that he's evil because he wants his dad to love him, but seeing as his dad is an old vegetable most of the time, I find that unlikely.

It would have been great if Father and the delightful children also evolved in some way to better fit the latter world building the secret organization stuff.

I get the joke and anti-thesis: bratty unsupervised kids next door vs delightful children down the lane which have a father.

But they were always boring and annoying even since the first episode just like team rocket in pokemon. Same for Lizzy, Nr.86 and Nr.2's little brother and the bad puns.
Why didn't they keep them as Sector V, but as competent, respectable antagonists?

CN creators always had this weird mix of cool creative genius vs blatantly bad ideas for the sake of being annoying. Father vs the delightful children, it almost feels like it was made by 2 different people even if it's the same person.

>>>/trash/

smelly dumb adult scum

She did show some romantic interest in her superior officer.

Wow go fuck yourself.

Her name is Fanny, and she's Irish.

In Ireland, "fanny" means "vagina."

WE

ARE

KIDS

NEXT

DOOR

Why.
At least I still have KND westaboo art.

That filename is a joke, right? Please tell me that was a cruel sick joke.

Remember what the Other Block kids use to say? How they were "perfect , quiet kids that stood out of the adults way" or some shit? That was Father's motivation. He thought all the other kids to be annoying.

I agree that most of the time, it looked like he had no real motivation other than evil, tho.

Is….is that a real thing?
Man, Mother would have been a fucking force of nature if she existed in show. She would have been the kind that'd make the kids tell the teacher they fell down the stairs.

Which is why Father worked. He was an elder evil in a sense. He doesn't need a motive.

Also outside of being a pussy suckup who retreated into fear after being proven wrong.

Of course its not a real thing.

It's ass backwards.

Is everything just trans now? It sounds like some sort of fetish the way they keep branding it on everything. I don't understand anymore.

Would you like me to go to Tumblr

and fetch those pictures?

Yes.

It is a fetish, but not a sexual one. It is a fetish that feeds their arrogant hipster attention-whoring special snowflake souls.

You shouldn't be able to understand madness.

It appears Numbah 86 is morphing into a catgirl.

4 is the least likely to be trans of all of them. Hell, he probably wouldn't even understand what trans means.

that's not quite right, now, is it?

Its brilliant because you can call anybody and anything Trans or gay whenever you want.

There is 0 need for quantifiers!

Guy Acts Girly?
Guy acts macho
Guy Acts median

That's exactly why they say it user. It's more "progressive" (subversive) that way.

Y'know it's kinda funny how if we were to apply that same logic and reversed it, it would be wrong. E.g. [insert canon lesbian character] from [insert series] is shown lusting after taco super hard but, I say she really just wants dick inside her. And I'm not talking about floppy rubber dildos, I'm talking about 100% organic man meat.

Stay young, anons. The disease of adulthood may take our bodies but not our souls.

It's the least we can do for our comrades.

LICORICE

LICORICE

SWEET, JUICY AND RED

even as a kid, the fact that fanny had an Irish accent but her dad didn't always bothered me…

I guess it was because they wrote him as a villian first and as her father later?

I always figured maybe he was her stepdad.

Probably.

I assume he married an Irish woman and 86 takes after her a lot. I'm pretty sure she has a brother who doesn't have the accent either.

I think Fanny likes tacos AND sausages if you know what I'm getting at.

I thinking when they ask her if she wants a hotdog or a donut she wishes she could take both.

Eh? Eh? Get my meaning? Eh?

She's an Irish gal who wears both green and orange.

I guess she's the type who always wants to choose both.

I JUST realized their names were references to their numbers. Besides the obvious Nigel UNO:

Hoagie P. Gilligan JR.

Kuki SANban

Wallabee BEETLES

Abigail LINCOLN

I'm a fucking moron.

I think what they mean by making the one with all the manly outbursts trans is that he's overcompensating to fit in as a a male. It's bullshit, but I get it.