Sloppy microsoft code

It's quite funny to see how things were the same back then

Does anyone have the screencaps about a programmer who worked there? He said something about the windows 10 settings app is 6 years old and has a really bad codebase.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/b0mru
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The source code for Windows NT 4.0 and 2000 were leaked, why don't you take a look yourself?

* !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! * !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! * !!!!!!!IF YOU CHANGE TABS TO SPACES, YOU WILL BE KILLED!!!!!!! * !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! * !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! * !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It got worse with time, part of original NT was made by competent people. I don't remember anything about the quality of that leak except the above disclaimer. Hopefully some source for Skype leaks, it's supposed to be a horrible nightmare.

The original code was written by white people. Almost everyone at Microsoft is now from India and they shit where they code.

You mean this one?

Should have asked him about windows server.

You can take a look.
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:66a26447f563c3dc2336de74ae37dc14d11dd8b9&dn=windows_nt_4_source_code.zip

private/mvdm/softpc.new/base/ccpu386/fpu.c:5923
GLOBAL VOID setNpxTagwordReg IFN1(IU32, newTag){ /* Don't do it!! It fucks you up!! */ /* SetIntelTagword(newTag); */}

If you're so good why can't you get a job?

Is that real?
Holy shit.
I never knew windows was so fucked up.

Did anyone in this thread claim to be a good programmer?

That is real, and entirely consistent with every other whistleblowing story to leak from the cesspit.

AHAhahahahahahahahaha

So basically, their entire codebase is just a house of cards at this point. Seems about right, considering how many out-of-place remnants from earlier versions of Windows are still inside 10. You can't remove anything if you don't know what its side-effects actually are.

Hilariously, it's the old code that it's shit and new code that got better by the time of Win2k. 9x is a shitshow and it shows with that inet leak.

Why the fuck do you niggers keep posting this image?
-It has no sources
-All the names are marked out
-We never even see any source code samples

I might as well have just made shit up myself about Windows and paraded it around like I work at MS

I feel like this is being pushed hard by Freetards grasping at straws to find some kind of criticism against Windows to lure in normies INSTEAD OF ACTUALLY MAKING A COMPELLING SYSTEM FOR THEM TO WANT TO USE

Yeah, you got me, I'm a shill, Microsoft is paying me a lot to post on an anonymous Taiwanese video sharing blog platform, you just keep on posting the same fucking images and making the same strawmen arguments every time the word "Windows" is ever brought up because Holla Forums exists in such a strong fucking vacuum that nobody dares question the allmighty Stallman

Yeah, you don't know who I am, but Windows 10 was programmed in Java, just take my fucking word for it guys!

Because even if it's fake, it's actually entertaining and well done compared to most of the other forced memes to stink up this board.

It's depressing.
And it's even more depressing that even with all of this windows manages to work.

who's hiring good programmers?
everybody I see wants streetshitting H1Bs instead.

The things described in the image have observable, real-world implications. It's quite clear that Microsoft has given up testing production builds of Windows 10 in light of them laying off a large sum of their workforce. The start menu still inexplicably breaks, and I have personal experience with many of W10's bizarre, universal bugs, since it now occupies about 75% of my time fixing computers. Updates routinely break and fix bugs in a cycle that has not yet ended within W10's first year, and I suspect it will continue, since it is evident they do not test these updates on the wide array of machines they claim to support. They've made it quite clear that is now the customers' job.

Moreover, the fact that W10 is a culmination of jury-rigged code heaps onto Vista's base is staggeringly obvious. The configuration is still very schizophrenic, having many forms and personalities, in varying locations. A lot of systems remain unchanged. Windows Updates is a very good example of this. Since Microsoft has a monopoly on support, instead of addressing the fact that NO ONE keeps their Windows system up-to-date, by perhaps making the update system less painful, they instead force the updates onto users. This is acceptable, since those users are locked-in and can do nothing but bitch and moan (a certain YouTube sperg-out comes to mind). You should keep your system up-to-date and not contribute to the network of security flaws that Microsoft has built by abandoning their users. W10 takes care of the problem that Microsoft created, and in the worst way possible; you deserve it.

A certain French airport still uses Windows 3.1 and the U.S. Navy still uses Windows XP. Maybe extending applications with proprietary features is a bad idea? One company has the source, the level of upkeep is high, and there is no competition for support. I'm sure that won't give us problems down the road. Except that it has, and tons of services and utilities rely on dated, abandoned systems because one company fooled the populous into thinking proprietary software was better somehow (let's hope their security through obscurity gamble pays off!). I'm sure they're right, which would explain the documented FUD campaigns against open source. That shows an awful lot of confidence, right? Grasping at straws indeed.

Wow this is gonna look nice next to all the other pasta

I'm flattered you think it's pasta.

It sure is pasta now

Here's the deeper analysis of the old Windows leak:
archive.is/b0mru

The comments are golden

This is old but proves that MS isn't as bad/evil as all the autistic freetards would have you believe.

The typical Stallman criticism of Microsoft has nothing to do with code quality or stealing code.

it only shows that Microsoft lawyers back in 2000 knew that using GPL'ed software in proprietary software is a copyright violation.

what makes MS evil is the fact that Windows is proprietary software

Shit m8 I thought that was just a corrupt hdd because it got repaired from a chkdsk.

I can confirm W10 has really bizarre rough edges, windows 8 drivers install and work on the thing, this was unthinkable for xp and w7.

Oh also a w10 upgrade literally killed my friends computer, it burnt out something on the mobo, completely stopped booting even the untouched w7 hdd.

private\ntos\w32\ntuser\client\nt6\user.h:* The magnitude of this hack compares favorably with that of the national debt.
Every time.

They're so good they had to take BSD code for their TCP/IP stack.
Daily reminder that MS is the first PRISM partner, and so since 2002.

Screenshoted, it's now confirmed.

Would you write code from scratch if it exists and can legally be used?
You are just another linux freetard.

To the top you go

and here comes Pajeeet the microsoft shill worker, replacing their testers

The original image had a picture of Brian Fagioli on it. That's how we know it is fake.