Post Apocalyptic/Dystopian Sci-Fi

Continuing from the last thread since the whole fucking board was wiped. Anyway, do you all know any good films or shows that take place in a post apocalyptic or dystopian future setting?

I recently got into this theme and i'm loving it. Films like Oblivion, The Road, Blade Runner, Rammbock - Berlin Undead

Even YA films like The Hunger Games, The Maze Runner etc, they have the typical young adult bs but with neat concepts overall.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.org/details/oldtimeradio
archive.org/details/oldtimeradio?and[]=subject:"Orson Welles"
archive.org/details/SUSPENSE
thecommentarytrack.com/Radio_Movies.htm?m=92&s=660
werealive.com/listen/
letterboxd.com/hamguy/list/redpilled-films-illuminati-symbolism-occult/
youtube.com/watch?v=g5bbtsGbKsY&list=PLaFOFuH1JWgI5OXdHn2duHGGj6M2cl6Y7&index=6
rantmedia.ca/afternow/episodes.php
archive.org/search.php?query=afternow&sort=titleSorter
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Also an user mentioned this audio drama in the other thread, which i'm not familiar with but i ended up loving it! War Of The Worlds radio broadcast from 1938 was fucking neat too, any recommendations?

IRL 2016

I might dump my /cyber/ folder.
5006+ pics.

not sure what that is but i'll dump a few pics too

The End of the World… for some…

i can see why some folk thought this was real back in 1938. Imagine tuning into this in the middle of it, not knowing its a radio drama

City of lost Children fits pretty well I think.

Earth was dying and all they wanted was sex robots

test

Anyone? I've listened to War of The Worlds a few times now, looking for something similar

It's a bit of a stretch but the audio book of World War Z is immersive as fuck. The destruction of the world as we know it and how everything changed and the survivors adapted.

Have had a comfy weekend listening to it.

There's a lot of Old Time Radio on archive.org
archive.org/details/oldtimeradio
You can try Welles various projects (he used many of the same actors later in his movies)
archive.org/details/oldtimeradio?and[]=subject:"Orson Welles"
I know Hitchcock had a few series too (I liked The Lodger made for Suspense)
archive.org/details/SUSPENSE
There's also a podcast called Radio Movies which are the radio adaptations of films of the 40s (mostly) presented by a film historian
thecommentarytrack.com/Radio_Movies.htm?m=92&s=660

As for Post-Apocalyptic films with cute girls in panties check out Peter Fonda's hidden gem Idaho Transfer

t. /film/

Ohhhh shiiit i forgot all about that shit, i remember i got a few minutes into that audio book. Definitely gonna finish it, thanks for the reminder user

moar

The news.

I'm surprised there aren't more like this, i'm having a good time listening to this series

then again i am drunk, so

Read K. Dick, Assimov, or the Dark Tower

I'm the user that posted that its nice to see someone take interest in it, anyway i'm not sure if you'll find all 4 seasons on Youtube so heres the link to all of them.

werealive.com/listen/

here's one of my fav episodes

THX-1138 nggas.

Do not view the "directors cut". It's more Lucas CGI fuckery. See the original. Shit is cache.

Thank you! for reminding me this film existed! Been meaning to see this for years, slipped my mind.

Dark city
Children of men
Mad Max 2
Dredd
Akira
The Matrix 1
12 Monkeys
Doomsday

The Expanse is a cool show if you're into that type of stuff, i usually avoided these kind of shows but i ended up really liking this one for some reason.

I don't know what year its set in but its definitely in the future, in the show every planet in our solar system has been colonized.

If you don't mind a love story mixed in with your Sci-fi, I recommend watching this.

Logan's Run
A bit campy by today's standards, but the society depicted def fits the dystopian definition.
Must-see for sci-fi nerds.

If you can stand the YA films check out the Divergent series, incredibly predictable but cool concept if you can get over the YA aspect.

They don't specify on the exact year, but its basically in a futuristic world in which society is divided into five factions. As each person enters adulthood, he or she must choose a faction and commit to it for life.

The 5 different factions are Abnegation, Erudite, Dauntless, Amity, and Candor.

very nice

letterboxd.com/hamguy/list/redpilled-films-illuminati-symbolism-occult/

nigga what

Pretty nice list, i've seen most of the films listed besides the older ones. I'll check those out thanks user

Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn is a decent watch even if you're not into Halo. I takes place circa 2526, in the very very early stages of the UNSC was fighting the Covenant.

Postapocalyptic movies:
Mad max (all of them, highly recommended)
Snowpiercer
I am legend (not the will smith version)
Children of men
Escape of NY

Dystopian movies:
Brazil
Dark city
Logan's run
Soylent green
Alphaville
Dread
Sleep dealer
Rollerball
Idiocracy
Ghost in the shell
Akira
A clock work orange
Gattaca

fuck i forgot all about Gattaca, i remember they showed it to us in High School but i didn't really pay attention to it. Now i fucking love it

Colony is really an intriguing thriller - shadowy conflict and espionage framed by a dystopian future.

In a dystopian, near-future Los Angeles lives under a regime of military occupation by an organization known as the Colony Transitional Authority. They are part of a larger invading force, of extraterrestrial origin, who are referred to as the "Hosts". They set up a huge wall (trump) dividing the city.

Its set in a bleaker future on an Earth conquered by forces, Colony focuses on one family amongst the splintered people of Earth in an occupied LA region. Two kinds of people form: those who take the easy path, choosing to collaborate with the aliens in order to gain small favours; and those who try to resist the occupation, forced into secret communications, finding only trouble and hardship.

At first the resistance is only aware of their own small area in LA, but as the show progresses the network of resistance widens, and people start to find out what is going on in the greater world.

I can't believe equilibrium didn't come up yet

vvvv

good film

For having Justin Timberlake as the lead, In Time is a fairly decent movie. It can get pretty intense when someones time is running out

In 2169, people are genetically engineered with perfect health and appearance. Each has a digital clock on their forearm; when they turn 25, they stop aging and their clock begins counting down from 1 year. When the clock reaches zero, that person "times out" and dies.

Time has become the universal currency, and can be transferred between people or "time capsules". The film focuses on two specific "time zones": Dayton - a poor manufacturing area where people generally have 24 hours or less on their clock at any given time - and New Greenwich - the wealthiest time zone, where people have enough time on their clock to live for centuries.

fucking shiitiest movies ever

Yeah definitely not elite storytelling, but neat visuals which is what I mainly give a shit about

Can't get enough of this, luckily I have a couple of seasons left. I'll need something similar to listen to when I'm done though, any recommendations? Doesn't have to be zombies, but preferably within the post apocalyptic bounds

Bumpo because fuck Holla Forums

Two more and we would have the 10 best list right here.

Shit nigga

Some nice shit in here, well done. I definitely would have suggested A Clockwork Orange had it not already been.

Children of men is kinda dystopian tbh…

Blomkamp fucked that movie up but i absolutely loved the visuals

I found a similar audio drama, the quality isn't as good as We're Alive but its been fairly good overall

Bump for moar

God, i hate these stupid YA movies, they all feel the same and are just boring…

worth watching just for the hilariously accurate representation of a futuristic los angeles

actually ill just save niggas having to download it
webum

Yeah they have everything you'd expect from a YA film, it can be insanely cringy sometimes, but like i said most of them have neat visuals and concepts

I'm hispanic and the amount of butthurt this movie cause was fucking hilarious

not a movie but its Deus Ex related

Filth Element?

Fuck off he got fat and even worse.

cus my boy is eatin good now $$$$ Hoover was fire

THE UN UNNAZI'D THE WORLD 4EVA

Op here this thread i'm surprised the thread is still up thanks dudes

Bumping again because fuck every other thread here.

The Man In The High Castle is a pretty good show. Its not futuristic it actually takes place in the past but its technically sci-fi

It takes place post WW2 and basically is set in a world where the Nazi's and the Japs won the war, its pretty neat.

Shout my nigga Obergruppenführer Smith

youtube.com/watch?v=g5bbtsGbKsY&list=PLaFOFuH1JWgI5OXdHn2duHGGj6M2cl6Y7&index=6

original series: rantmedia.ca/afternow/episodes.php
followup series: archive.org/search.php?query=afternow&sort=titleSorter

Op here this looks interesting i'm definitely gonna give this a listen thanks user

We need more like these two, theres something so neat about closing your eyes and creating your own world with the help of the audio. Its the theater of the mind!

Bunp

Classic.

A Boy and his Dog >which heavily inspired the Fallout Universe, for those who don't know
The Day After >1983 US TV movie
The Omega Man >Charlton Heston version of I Am Legend, awesome empty city shots

It is cheesy American early 80s cartoon stuff, but Thundarr the Barbarian is overt post-apocalyptic kids' stuff. Watched it as a kid and still love it. Sure, it's campy, but it has wrecked skyscrapers and the works. Has magic reborn into the world, but it's still set in a post-apox US.

Op here, still haven't seen A Clockwork Orange, is it worth the hype? I watched 2001 recently and was disappointed, it was incredibly boring. They show a monkey jerking off for like 30 minutes

Son, if you can't apreciate 2001 a Space Odyssey, A Clockwork Orange should be right up your alley.

Dunno I just thought it was dull, maybe it's one of those films You have to watch a couple of times but idk man

I recommend a more chilled approach to a second viewing mang. Talk about a classic. It's very cerebral. Mostly happens in your own head. Whatver you do skip 2010. What a POS that was.

Yeah I think hype is a problem with certain things, it distorts the expectations

I'll give it another try this weekend, as well as watching a clockwork orange for the first time

Surprised this thread it still up, thanks niggas

You guys should give this a listen, it's set in the future and has a HEAVY dystopian vibe.

I got about 30min in, but the science just wasn't strong enough for me. My belief was constantly losing suspension. I kept thinking "this guy's doing a great job with his youtubed drama". But it was spoopy, I'll grant that. Just either a little too detailed, or not detailed enough, or just idk. It just seemed like he kept going from one "wooo – [future thing] to another wooo – [future thing] and wouldn't quit. I wasn't seeing any story emerging. Also mad I couldn't just grab the mp3's from that old site.
Also, BUMP.

Yeah the science isn't an issue for me, I usually don't delve into the shit I just enjoy it for what it is and take it at face value. And to be fair it is science fiction, hence the sci-fi

That annoyed me too but the first one is more of an introduction, I figure he moved from topic to topic to sort of give the listener a quick grasp on the status of the world. I'm listening to the other ones now and he goes into detail about said subjects

What old site?

The one linked here:

The rantmedia one. I can't get the mp3's. I could just rip the youtube audio but…

Ohhhh shit I forgot about that Fucking post, I was wondering why this shit was in my YT likes

Anyway yeah I'm trying to find a DL, like you said I could rip it but I want that quality mang

If there were ever a zombie apocalypse and we had zombies like this irl we'd be 100% fugged

Running zombies make things 10x more intense

Bemp

Oh man you need to read the books

I didn't even know about the books until I was finished with the first season. I'm assuming I'll like the books if I like the tv show, did you?

Bamp

Thanks for the Link, I was searching for something like this

No problem, I'm not sure if YouTube all the episodes so here's the link to all 4 seasons.

werealive.com/listen/

If you end up finish the series listen to Lockdown it's in the same link. It's a 6 episode spin off that delves into one of the prisons you'll learn about soon

z

a boy and his dog….great movie