Imageboard software

Does anyone know how to host an imageboard/ where to find software?

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/infinity-next/infinity-next
github.com/Floens/uchan
tinyboard.org
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

github.com/infinity-next/infinity-next

Hi josh

Well that was hard

Anyone saying lynxchan is trying to troll the shit out of you op, don't do it,

Infinity Next is the best imageboard software tbh

It wouldn't necessarily be trolling, but I recently tried to set up lynxchan, and it didn't go well. I had all of the recommended versions of the prerequisites, but I got a lot of errors during the setup and was unable to resolve them, though I've worked with node.js software before. I never got it working.

It's also huge, for imageboard software. After you do the initial git pull and npm pulls in everything it needs, it's around 100MB.

It really could be, shame the project won't be finished. It contains a lot of "next-gen" imageboard features because of what the userbase requested and looks pretty decent for being unfinished.

It's also a shame that PHP requires a lot of hardware to scale, but on the other hand the caching layers the project now has could help a lot with that.
On the other side of the coin, the codebase is well laid out and dead simple to extend for features you'd want, if you've ever worked with MVC.

It's not like Composer and all of the dependencies of Next are any better.

If you say so. I'm not familiar with it.

I've used CodeIgniter, and it was tiny compared to a typical node.js setup.

What is actually wrong with infinitynext? I'm currently looking to learn PHP, so it might be something to get my feet wet. I'm not one to do webdev shit, but this could be fun.

The big problem was social. It could've run on Holla Forums but hotwheels didn't like people "lying to him" or something when Josh was in a bout of self-loathing after dealing with a bunch of retarded trolls and several migrations where they ran into problems.
Other problems are technical: it's a large framework and PHP is notorious in requiring a lot of hardware. Hotwheels captcha was using a lot of resources. On top of that, Laravel is notoriously CPU hungry.

Again, that's not to say it wouldn't have worked, it would have, but the problems are more social than technical now in the context of Holla Forums. Even in the IRC conversation Hotwheels was talking about how everyone knew it would work, and then after hotwheels decided to cut Josh loose he decided to just lie and say it wouldn't work. It doesn't really matter now, what's done is done.

Well Next is pulling in Laravel, symfony, and thanks to composer dependencies it doesn't even need. Sure it's nowhere near as big as a node setup but it's pretty big dependency footprint.
The difference is Next doesn't pretend to be small, it's a big project building on a big framework. While Lynx tries not to pull anything in to the detriment of himself and it still turns out to be huge.

There's nothing to learn about PHP besides how to google for critical built-in functions, it's so simple a language that the only reason to use PHP is for ease of development, the potential ease of contributions out of a contributor pool for one-off features, and a legacy codebase.

next is (tests on this very site fucking prove it)

*slow
*it leaks ip`s
*its convoluted with features nobody wanted (like per-post captchas)
*nearly all of its features are available for free on Lynxchan (except for high-tech shit again hardly anyone will use)
*its dev was paid 12k to make it by this site
*its dev is autistic asshole
*its dev could`ve sabotaged vichan with shitty code to push it (it seems that way anyways)
*its dev decided to screw over all its users by relicensing it

bottom line, we had it running in beta for MONTHS. still couldn`t fix it.

but hey, its not a completely lost cause...
if it WOULD BE FUCKING FIXED one day, maybe we`ll use it.

nothing is impossible at this point.

actually i have no ill will towards Josh really...
he create an alternative to all this ancient stuff after all... you know.

I don`t see why we can`t run like modded theme on top newer software keeping the format of the side intact while having newer shit underneath WHEN ITS NOT BROKEN.

oh well

*created

No, it doesn't
Totally configurable
And the co-owner of the site threw that money away because some IRC spat
The schema design was chedked by hotwheels and codemonkey and neither had any problem with the lookup without pruning on a schedule.
When the problem was pointed out I took a look at the github issue again and it definitely seemed to be that it needed pruned on a cron job or with an event based on how it worked, instead of pruning on every insert, so that's also on Hotwheels and Codemonkey, not just Josh.
There's nothing wrong with it now, if anyone would be bothered to write a VCL config and potentially re-examine the RESTful json API if the pitiful hardware this site runs on still cannot push the number of requests required, even via a json API.
>____3___
You're an obnoxious faggot. Fuck off namefag.

Josh fixed it, hell it's already deployed nicely on 16ch.nl. The next you knew before is not the next right now, it's actually working software.

Dude it was easy af to set up lynxchan, plus you had the irc for help. are you that bxy.ly guy who kept switching software?

Only 1/3 of what you are saying is true.

Tell us what you did so we can watch you fall into the trap of trying to embellish your (in)ability to solve problems.

Just wait for Gadmin to release Masterchan.org software.

It just works..
Its light years ahead of any other image board..
It fully supports tor/noscript/even no cookies..

Well, the FBI obviously has more than enough resources to make a decent image board software, but I doubt they'd release the source.
At least not before any arrests have been made :^)

How does it store state for its account system behind the hidden service?

Does it support "not getting tracked by either using Google captchas or having your posts associated with an account"?

you type in user id and password each post or fill out captcha.

Or enable cookies..

I was just saying..

It doesnt use google captcha.
Sharing public accounts is encouraged..

I personally use the same account every post, cause I'm just a shit poster to begin with.

Yeah, that's retarded.
How else is it LIGHT YEARS AHEAD?
Can a board owner revoke specific permissions of Tor users on his board?
Can a board owner give volunteer status and only give certain permissions to certain volunteers?
Does it even deduplicate images?

In the middle of a long ass thread, you can click an up/down arrow to goto the top/bottom of a thread, instead of dragging your finger across the screen a 100 times like I have to do on here.
No.
No.
No.

Press ctrl+home. Now press ctrl+end.

see Holla Forums
It's full of rule cuckery, if that's what you want, use infinity.

Now look at MC

my celly doesn't have those buttons, newfag

Nigger are you serious? Wow, a fucking anchor link positioned with css.
Nigger you are dum, and have no position talking about advanced features.

Why are you so upset that it's being pointed out that your software doesn't have features when you claim it's light years ahead?

So either get a better keyboard, or stop browsing with a fucking phone.

I already answered that, use infinity.
Wait for MC to release code

What part did you miss there?

vs

Your joking, right?

No, you said it was light years ahead.
Giving choices to board owners, and being able to LIMIT the amount of "le rulecuckery" volunteers can commit is a feature.
You're retarded. Fuck off, retard.

how do i get this keyboard?
I have moto x running android 4.2.2

Also your honeypot isn't going to release the source code, so stop sperging up the thread. It's not available, and won't be available.

Calm down sperg.
rulecuckery is for 8ch/4ch, which is the same thing basically.
MC actually stands for free speech. As I have already explained b4

Gadmin is preparing to soon. Lurk moar

Hacker's Keyboard, on F-Droid (and probably Google Play but I haven't checked).

Spankx

The free speech to be raided multiple times and be run by the FBI? lel

Yeah I'm sure. Again, quit fagging up the thread. You're always in every fucking thread shilling masterchan. Just go back and enjoy it if it's so superior.

triggered much?

It will be ok chum, chillax.

github.com/Floens/uchan

Doesn't even support multiple files yet.

You're the one sperging out when you can't specify how it's "light years ahead."

It did then
Near everybody was complaining about the stupid features, how it made everything more complicated...Just sat on it and let it pile up instead of addressing them...
it wasn`t Hotwheels who re-licensed it.
When the problem was pointed out I took a look at the github issue again and it definitely seemed to be that it needed pruned on a cron job or with an event based on how it worked, instead of pruning on every insert, so that's also on Hotwheels and Codemonkey, not just Josh.

Shifting the blame is stupid. Somebody should`ve fixed it...

So what you`re telling it got HIGHER system requirements???
i don`t care about your opinions.

Either way...
development went to shit... community reacted...

Fucker fixed after re-licensing it like a dick.

Because it was running in debug mode.
Per post captcha? It also could be written to be time-specific, all the data is in the database, it's trivial, but per post captcha is what hotwheels wanted first. It could also be extended to be per post or per time on a board by board basis, to prevent cross-board spam.
Hotwheels picked the original license, there was no reclicensing done to it.
It is fixed. When pruned on a cron job.
When serving dynamic requests versus serving static files, yes.
You're a fucking retarded, obnoxious namefag that doesn't know what you are talking about.
Fuck back off to where you came from.

You are fucking retarded. No one relicensed anything.
Hotwheels picked that license from the start, and it has stayed.
Jim wanted to re-license it because he's a kike.
He also wanted FULL COPYRIGHT ASSIGNMENT for having his filipino outsource team configure Varnish and add the caching layer that was added for free by an user.
He's a total and complete kike, but hotwheels has to roll with the punches or he'd have to move back to the United States.

oh ok

could, should, would, it didn`t happen

lol thats was about what happened after

it is now, it wasn`t then

ok

Fuck back off to where you came from.

thx very constructive, basically botched it for months, fixed it after.

Now seems viable thou but relationships are ruined probably.

FUCK

hardware still shit so unlikely

There were more important things.
What? You're a retard who said something happened when it didn't happen at all.
Yeah and it slipped past four developers, including the `DATABASE EXPERT` employed by 2chan.
Nothing you said has been constructive, because you are an obnoxious namefaggot.

Meant 2channel

whatever asshole

in this thread:

Fuck off, faggot.

:)

Lynxchan.

tinyboard.org

step up nigga

/thread

And here is one idiot that can't use a search engine, or th Q&A thread:

Hi guys, OP here. I've set up kusaba on my LAN and i'm having an issue. When i try to post on a board it'l send me to a link like this localhost/test/127.0.0.1/board.php
Wat do?

fucking dropped

I can't compile it so i had to use kusaba