Auto-archive User JS

I created some User JS to auto-archive links so you don't give (((Content Creators))) ad shekels for their click bait articles. It supports (and includes a) domain and file extension whitelist. And adds a [Original Link] after the archived link in case the site you're trying to view isn't supported by archive.is. Pic related.

Add the contents of this file to your User JS:

gitgud.io/ahitler/AutoArchiveUserJS/raw/master/user.js

And periodically check the page for updates to the whitelist and functionality improvements.

HOTPOCKET STICKY PLZ BECAUSE PEOPLE ARE RETARDED AND DON'T ARCHIVE THEIR CLICKBAIT LINKS

Other urls found in this thread:

cnn.com/2016/05/02/politics/cnn-orc-poll-hillary-clinton-donald-trump/index.html
archive.is/zZzZz
archive.is/nigge
cnn.com/2016/05/01/politics/donald-trump-indiana-primary-ted-cruz/index.html
archive.is/?run=1&url='
cnn.com/2016/05/01/politics/donald-trump-indiana-primary-ted-cruz/index.html[Original
elections.huffingtonpost.com/pollster/2016-california-republican-presidential-primary
archive.is
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Should probably be put in the general informative sticky.

Really, though, anyone browsing without an ad blocker shouldn't be here. Cripplekike ought to just flood the whole site with garbage-tier adware-installing Flash ads to filter them out.

yes but what does this have to do with hentai titties

True, but I'll bump for interest. This will probably benefit Holla Forums the most.

bump, cripplekike is dead m8, Jim runs Holla Forums and it is the based mods who sticky threads

test
cnn.com/2016/05/02/politics/cnn-orc-poll-hillary-clinton-donald-trump/index.html

Suggestion.

Instead of;
[Original link]

Make it;
[original link]

So you get;
archive.is/zZzZz [original link]

>archive.is/zZzZz

kek

That's an actual working link, and it's Iron Ann.

I did it this way so you know the domain of the site the link is for, so you can make the choice of whether or not to give them clicks because you support the site, or because you know the site isn't supported by archive.is and you haven't added it to the whitelist.

helpful

grateful bump

test
archive.is/nigge

>archive.is/zZzZz [original link]
Also I couldn't get this shortened link without sending a request from your browser to archive the link. This would consume a lot more CPU on your system.

I suppose this is incorrect after considering the above.

Depending on user feedback i'll consider making the change since the original link's domain is in the archive URL. The only argument I can think of it right now is that it will make links take up even more space on your screen.

I'm retarded.

cnn.com/2016/05/01/politics/donald-trump-indiana-primary-ted-cruz/index.html

>archive.is/nigge
archive.is is in the whitelist and it won't process these links. You probably shouldn't remove it from the white list, because it may cause an infinite loop.

self kek

I realized after I tried to archive an archive.

I'm okay with that.

Make ma a JS that always red text + bolds my text.

Add "donaldjtrump.com" to the whitelist for normies who can't figure it out.

I mean I'm fine giving the emperor hits.

How do I change it so it appears as;
[archive link][original link]

after:
this.href = 'archive.is/?run=1&url=' + encodeURIComponent(this.href);
try adding:
this.text = this.href;

Actually i'm not sure what you want. If you want the archive URL then do what I just said, if you want it to say "[Archive Link]" instead add

this.text = '[Archive Link]';

I want it to appear as;
[Archive Link][Original Link]

With each text linking to the relevant links.

It's currently;
>cnn.com/2016/05/01/politics/donald-trump-indiana-primary-ted-cruz/index.html[Original Link]

So I want [Archive Link] instead of the CNN url link.

kekekekekekekekekekekekekke at the weirdness from quoting.

then do

will it archive the site everytime someone clicks on the link?

test
elections.huffingtonpost.com/pollster/2016-california-republican-presidential-primary

thanks fam

Breddy gud

If the site has never been archived before then it will be archived. If it hasnt been archived "recently" (~1 hour?) it will prompt the user if they want to update the archive.

I've made the decision a long time ago, but I get mixed responses even from Holla Forums. Up to now, the only thing I know is that Mint is less secure than Ubuntu.
So, what distro should I choose lads?

Please ask Holla Forums instead of shitting up this thread with with distro flame wars.

Also if you fags want to test post go to /test/ instead of test posting in this thread

Linux is garbage. It installs some garbage bootloader that's ugly as shit.

Sage for triggering Holla Forums.

Alright m8 but I want to get as diverse responses as possible to decide more accurately.

Also, how does this script save the threads? Does it save them locally, and in what format? Sorry for being retarded and not bothering to read code.

OS/2 warp

It uses archive.is

Elaborate further pls.

What about if the archive already exists? Don't want to flood them with requests.

If the archive hasn't been updated "recently" (1 hour?) it will prompt the user if they want to update the archive.

Also if the page hasn't changed, the de-dupe functionality on archive.is's object storage system shouldn't cause the new page to use that much additional storage space.

No make it deliver and stash into a DHT.

Yeah, no privacy, yeah, multiple security problems. But uncensored access.

wut?

Very nice; this is something people have been wanting for a long time

bumping

bump

distributed hash table

bump

bump

bump

bump

bump

Bump