Man almost killed by Windows

ibtimes.co.uk/heart-surgery-patient-left-risk-after-computers-crash-during-operation-1558431
This just keeps getting better...

Other urls found in this thread:

stallman.org/stallman-computing.html
archive.is/cCHVr
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Ok, this fucking does it. Windows 10 is the motherfucking worst Windows OS I’ve ever used. No, Vista was a fucking gem compared to this pile of absolute concentrated excrement.

Lets write down why…

I happen to own a slightly older Compaq laptop. Nothing fancy, it’s powered by an AMD E-450 APU and I’ve bought extra 4GB of RAM to make 8GB in total and replaced the crappy HDD with 128GB Crucial M4 SSD. It’s still kinda weak, but for web, music and movies, perfectly capable device. Has served me well with Windows 7 and Windows 8.1. Popup came along to update to Windows 10 and so I did it. And that’s where thing went downhill. 90° slope…

There is this wonderful thing with AMD E-450 APU where latest Catalyst 15.7 drivers, the very same that also get delivered to Windows 10 through Windows Update, these drivers don’t fucking work at all. Youtube at 480p lags and stutters like I’m trying to run 4K on a fucking Commodore C-128. It’s absolutely unusable.

Gone through Display Driver Uninstaller, manually disabled automatic driver updating and installed old Catalyst 14.12 Omega, the ones that worked fine and where I could playback 1080p Youtube smoothly. All was well and then I stopped using laptop for a while because I didn’t need it.

Like an hour ago, I’ve fired it up and checked for updates since it passed quite a lot of days. And guess what Windows Update automatically without asking me a single thing. Yup, you guessed it. It installed motherfucking Catalyst 15.7 WHQL drivers on its own that don’t fucking work with HD6320 GPU found on AMD E-450 APU.

If this was the scenario with Windows 7 or Windows 8.1, I could simply uncheck the driver in the Windows Update panel where you decide what driver updates to install and what to ignore. Problem would be solved in 5 seconds and I’d have no need to write this rant. But nope in Windows 10. No such thing. Microsoft just forcibly stuffs ALL MOTHERFUCKING DRIVERS down your throat whether they work or they don’t (and most of the time they don’t work, say hello to all the broken wireless drivers from the past). And this is exactly what I’ve been warning about when “new” Windows Update was revealed. Bad shit will happen when Microsoft decides to forcibly install all drivers. And it’s already happening.

I’d blame AMD for not providing functional drivers, but it’s not AMD that is forcing broken drivers onto my system, it’s fucking Microsoft.

How can a multi-billion company like Microsoft fuck it up so badly is beyond any level of comprehension. It’s so terrifyingly bad it’s almost surreal. Fucking hell. And I’ve actually gone and bought a GTX 980 so I’ll have a DirectX 12 capable GPU to properly utilize graphics on a new OS. Which turned out to be this piece of crap (the OS, GTX 980 is fine). And I’ll eventually be forced to use Windows 10 because DirectX 12 will not be available on Windows 8.1 (which works like a charm). I always install all system updates in Windows 8.1 but skip most driver updates per my selection. It’s brilliant, keeps system up to date and under my full control because I know how to handle computers you fucks at Redmond. And then there is Windows 10 with its pathetic forced auto updating of motherfucking everything.

Microsoft, fuck you and fuck your Windows 10. This is by FAR the worst Windows I’ve ever used. It’s so fucking bad it makes Windows 8, Windows Vista and Windows Millennium look like fucking perfection. At least it was under MY control and it fucking worked. Windows 10 is apparently entirely under Microsoft’s control and it’s fucking non functional pile of shit.

Microsoft, STOP breaking shit and forcing it on us. You CAN’T possibly know what drivers we want so stop doing this shit. Fuck. Just fucking stop it! Aaaaaargh!!!!

Bad goyim! We know what is good for you! Our drivers are not broken, you are just not following instructions properly! Now go hold down power button for 15 seconds / reboot again / reinstall windows / wait and buy windows 11!

There is no reason for them not to force it on you. They're making a good profit from this, partly due to the advertising companies they've partnered up with and monetizing mobile with their new app store.

If that's all you're using it for, why not just put Linux on it (like, Ubuntu or Mint)? Not only will it be faster and have the potential to be even faster, but it will give you back control of your computer

1. get Xubuntu or equivalent

2. wait until Vulkan hits the mainstream, then there will be no reason for DX12 anymore

He deserves this.

No one deserve Windows, cruel and unusual punishment is illegal

wew

reddit doesn't know what's pasta

nah that's not the driver's fault, the site just does that

Does this mean RMS will choose to keel over and die if he ever needs emergency medical services?

stallman.org/stallman-computing.html

Why the fuck does a critical medical device need antivirus? It should be completely air gapped with no internet access. In the event that it does need to transfer files, it should only exchange non-executable information with trusted hosts. If it needs a software update, that shit should be signed by the manufacturer.

You are using too many technical terms for the average "certified technician" who setups this kind of scheme.

Proving further linuxfags are nigger-tier.

Stop being a nigger and get a computer that's actually good.

Windows 10 completely fucked me. My graphics card and sound blaster card didn't work bc no drivers

This is what you get for using proprietary malware like windows.

Micro$oft's fat, pozzed, Indian cock is so far up your ass, you can taste it.

It's like poetry

RIP Steve Ballmer
Killed by Microsoft Windows

Into the trash it goes.

kill yourself

Nice long answer. I hate wangblows because Windows 10's UEFI boot makes it almost impossible to put another OS on your computer. They are trying as hard as they can to restrict your freedom.

A shame OP is a gigantic faggot that reads IBTimes.
archive.is/cCHVr

And of course I forgot to disable the flag. Had I known, I would've called him a CIA nigger instead.

1994?