Reminder that Samurai Jack will suck

The PPG revival is already enough proof that its going to suck. They better just abandon it and forget they are working on it for the sake of everyone's else.

I'll stop you right there because Samurai Jack has always sucked.
The new one will be worse, for sure, but the show was never good.

STOP PLAYING WITH MY EMOTIONS

Thats a nice opinion ya got there.

I doubt Adult Swim bringing passionate Genny back would be as much of a cynical product

Just a quick question.
What do you like user?

I like you, user

Double dubs confirm, and anyone with a brain will point at the two garbage hotel transylvannia movies as proof the hack has no clue what he's doing.

I could argue with you on that one

Hell yeah my double dubs confirm, and whoever contradicts me needs extra luck and unthinkable dub…

Oh…

Not all opinions are equal, though. What was so great about Samurai Jack?

Long walks on the beach…

Ok, let me reformulate.
What kind of serial western animation produced for TV do you like user?

All righty then

I don't think Adult Swim will fuck up. It ain't like they'll turn into another adult swim show with low budget in crass humor. It will likely go the way that Boondocks and Venture Bros. goes. TAke a really long time to get to seasons if they are going for more than the one. I'd rather they just be done with it like planned and put the best effort to accomplishing a good conclusion to the series.

Long Walks on the Beach is an early web cartoon.
Oh, I see. Still doesn't count, then.

I was excited for a new season until I remembered Mako died 10 years ago.

Genndy has to pick someone who can play Aku without sounding like a hackneyed impression of what Mako did with the character.

We'll wait and see, but I'm pretty sure a new actor is going to sound awkward.

Greg Baldwin?

Having low expectations to avoid disappointment is a good way approach things, but retroactively disliking things just makes you look like an asshat trying hard to fit in.

I can honestly say that I never liked Samurai Jack.

However, claiming that this revival will be shit because a completely unrelated revival was, is just plain retarded.

Greg Baldwin's Iroh was awful, though. Just because the man studied under Mako doesn't mean he actually sounds like the man.

It's for the Saturday night action block

There's a difference between the PPG reboot and the Samurai Jack continuation though- Genndy is working on it.
Not saying that completely absolves it from being shit, but I think that gives it a better chance. PPG is being done by some faggots who didn't really like the original, and just wanted to mess things up to make it 'better'.

The voice was pretty similar, but I don't think he'd be able to pull off aku's laugh.

Hotel Transylvania wasn't that bad.

The first one, at least.

He was pretty rough when he first took over, but he got better as the series wrapped up.

The thought of a new actor trying to pull off this laugh physically makes me sick. It just seems disrespectful to me. I get the same feeling when I hear a new voice for one of Mel Blanc's old characters, no matter how talented of an actor the replacement is.

Greg Baldwin did a great job with Iroh, but I don't think he or any other actor can do this role without sounding like a poor man's Mako.

Hey user, do you like holding hands?

everything that's a new version of something old sucks, PPG sucks, Samurai Jack sucks, Ghost-busters sucks, Xcom 2 sucks, and Doom sucks

I kinda like XCOM 2 though

the shilling has left Holla Forums, nowhere is safe.

That sounds like something an alien would say. You wouldn't happen to be an alien would you user?

I just like snake tits.

>>>Holla Forums
What does any of this shit have to do with Samurai Jack?

Snake tits villain/ally in the new series.

Yeah no I'm gonna wait and see on Samurai Jack, since they have Genndy back.

If Samurai Jack /does/ turn out to suck once it returns, then I'll happily never have faith in anything again and kill myself.

Nigga go back to Holla Forums

Additionally, Clone Wars was some sweet shit.

Do you understand the disappoint watching him die in episode 3 after you saw the nigga take one ENTIRE ARMIES and a super weapon

Why do you have to remind me of good shit? Why Disney hasn't snatched up Tartakovsky is beyond me.

Because Disney would rather that their Clone Wars be bland CG shit.

To be fair, Lucas started it

To be fair Clone Wars was actually pretty good

Clone Wars really makes you wonder what the prequels would look like without Lucas.

This show felt so much more like a movie than Episodes I-III because Genndy actually cares about his work. For Christ's sake the man is capable of making a fucking Adam Sandler comedy passable.

Genndy Tartakovsky is the absolute king at fixing a broken ship and I can only hope he saves CN from the abyss.

They would look like Episode 7.

A thing I realized is….George Lucas is a incredible producer. He may not direct worth a damn, or have any idea how to write a script….Maybe his ego is massive as well.

But his ideas ARE groundbreaking, and for better or worse he puts soul into what he wants to do. Episode 7 is the perfect example of a film without soul. Its exiting and made tons of money, but just vanished as a cultural force the second it was over.

His ego wen't to his head, obviously. But if he could just remain a producer, push for neat ideas, have somebody else direct, and somebody else write a script: It could not just be entertaining but something NEW.

In a sense its like Walt Disney. He never made anything, but in a weird way his desire for new shit meant the company was always on top. So many talented creators would leave him, but in the end need to come back because he just had his finger on the pulse of something special.

Give Lucas credit for at least always being interesting

Didn't Redlettermedia say it well with their Plinket reviews? George Lucas works better without being in total control. He needs an editor or someone to keep him in check.

Is the expanded universe canon? the old republic stuff in books and videogames, also about siths not being just plainly evil and just being passionate at first.

Eh, Lucas was a good producer the same time he was a good anything else - during the 80s. He hasn't produced anything worth a damn past the 80s in any sense of the word, he's a washed up old hack.

They had "canon levels" before the buyout

Hhahaahahaahahaahahah

no

We may never know exactly how much more embarrassing Star Wars Detours must be over Strange Magic

They were never really canon, but now we have "official canon" books and shit

Shame, the only thing I like from the Old Republic MMO was showing that siths could be good guys too, even more likeable than Jedis because Jedis are just emotionless robots.

So is it no different than the prequels, or just more of the same shit we've seen before?

I don't give a fuck about RDL after their Ep 7 review not because "MUH BETRAYAL!" but because I expected more out of them. They reveal themselves to be people who are at core just as fanboys as the rest of us. One would think that what is essentially a reboot of ANH would get them all disappointed, but no. Suddenly all criticisms leveled at Lucas (Repeated imagery, marketing based world) disappears once he isn't in the directors chair. Its Star Wars Episode 7. A Film that was dreamed off for DECADES. And the best that could come out was "ANH but with a Mary Sue WOMAN this time!". I read EU novels with more ingenuity then anything I saw in TFA, and the emperor comes back to life with more superweapons in the EU!

TFA's characters where more natural and the directing was better, but not astronomically so. They made fun of captain america fans for loving something so dull and generic yet competent but the second THEIR flavor of generic competentness came out its suddenly forgiven.

Il take this flavor of washed up old hack anyday.

I miss his hackery. I miss films that try hard and fail hard. What do we have now? A million flavors of superhero films that are so safe and forgettable they blend into one another. Even more remakes then before. Even our non-remakes are remakes.

We don't have directors, we don't have actors. Heck I feel like we barely have movies anymore.

I dispute that Lucas tried hard. What has he done since the 80s? He raped Star Wars. He raped Indiana Jones. He did a movie about black fighter pilots and then squealed 'racism' when it didn't do well.

Lucas really is as bad as the people he sold his company to. People here just ignore that because they're too busy seething with rage over TFA.

They are Turner sister brands overseen by the same person

can't they just use greg as the dialogue and mako's old audio clips for the laughter?

Nice.

Sure, Il admit he fucked it up. I have no delusions about that. He made a bunch of bad films without oversight. He got cocky with technology. But Il say this. He did things nobody else would have tried to do.

He tried to make a complicated epic about the failure of the Jedi and their downfall, and how their own hubris buried them despite being indestructible demigods. I watch the films and I see what he was ATTEMPTING to do. Little snippets here and there show the intent, and the potential for that intent. They at core have a failed plot, but a plot nobody else had really tried.

The Prequels as bad as they where, inspired a shit ton of new sci fi in their wake. Because they where inspired FILMS. Done terribly with hackery, but effort nonetheless.

I can't defend Red Tails, and his way out accusations, but that doesn't change what you can see in his Star Wars Films or Even Indiana Jones (Also done shit).

While I agree that the prequels were potentially more interesting, there's no defending Indiana Jones.

Will 5 just be another TFW?

George is an idiot but he was onto something with revitalizing the old sci-fi B movie thing. I think he was trying to go for a Sky Captain thing but fucked up the middle.

His ego overwhelmed good resistance, and ruined another potentially good thing.

Is going from 30s action-adventure serials to 50s sci-fi really that much of a natural turn?

Doing something like that would highlight how different Greg and Mako are.

I'm sure Genndy is banging his head in frustration about his replacement more than we are. So much of this series depended on Aku and finding someone different is going to make or break this new season for a lot of people

No it isn't which is why the film blowed hard. But if somebody just told Lucas "Hey, lets make another franchise for this" then we might have had another Indiana Jones. People just don't do that anymore.

You know reading reviews for Megaman Zero 4 I was astounded. It said something like:

But can you believe it? A Decade ago the market was so thriving people would say "Megaman? No thanks, Im full". Thats not a sign of ingratitude. Its a sign of choice. Only a starving man eats the same food over and over or a very complacent unhealthy one. Can you believe people got tired of a franchise on its 4rth entry? And not its 11th? After 2 bad games in a row?

The Early 2000s where the times of Ambitious bombs. But what just blows my mind is this:

Of the past 5+ years, DEADPOOL was the last big film that took the most risks. Fuckin. Hell. And Deadpool was a Solid 5/10.

Maybe Pacific Rim, but overall it was just kinda eh in hindsight.

We exist in a multi faceted stagnant marketplace of ideas.

And none of Lucasfilm's non-SW and IJ movie have been successful

Thats fair. Still think the Indiana Jones could have made for something good.

American Graffiti
Body Heat (he produced it)
Willow
Kagemusha (he helped produce it)

REVEAL SOON FELLOW STALKERS

If this ain't the most cheeki breeki thing ever, I'm gonna be really mad

Samurai Jack is being done by the Adult Swim crew which are alright.

It also has teh original creators on board, something Powerpuff girls and Ghostbusters can't say.

Jack 2016 will be where we discover if genndy was the readl deal or if all the works he worked on were good because of other people. Here's hoping for the former.

I'm betting it is the former since he's bounced around to many various projects and they've always been solid. I don't think he could have dragged around a whole crew of talented people with him.

This.