Why do people care about phones so much Holla Forums? I just can't see the appeal at all...

Why do people care about phones so much Holla Forums? I just can't see the appeal at all, I've had like 3 android phones so far mostly because I got one as a gift and I needed another to replace the old one. Each one was better than the last.

So it all runs smooth, I have a nice camera and a modern android version but what the fuck do I even do with it? I installed firesjwfox, an app for viewing pdfs and an emulator to play something if I am ever stranded on an island trying to have a few more hours of happiness.

I feel like I could use this until it completely rots without a single problem, my problem with phones is that they should try to last as long as they can, even a few weeks and have acceptable speed. But we have all the fancy new phones that last a few days and are so advanced you just don't need that power, what's the point?

I would had used it as an ebook reader or manga reader or maybe even as a video player for when I want to sit in bed but it's too small, for that there are shitty tablets. I don't even have the need to customize my phone because I rarely look at it anyway, I talk with people and launch the browser every few days.

Do you honestly care about the next best phone? Do you even use your phone to it's full potential? Do I just not get it or what... I don't need a 16GB ram quad core phone, why not increase the fucking battery life and storage? At least then I could use it as an audio player.

Other urls found in this thread:

phonearena.com/news/Forget-Glass-Google-wants-to-plant-Android-right-in-your-eye_id80753
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I also forgot to mention how pretty much most of these new phones are glorified facebook machines with quad core processors and a gorrilion ram and 4k screen, but you know that already

We've gotten to the point where there isn't much improvement between phone generations. Just get a new phone every 5 years and you won't miss out on anything.

Pretty much my thinking, every 5 years or more just because phones break up from time to time or some new essential bullshit will be invented, maybe.

I don't know what to do with this quad core phone in my hands, a $100 laptop is 100 times more useful and productive. I feel that people try to use smartphones and social media to fake a personality because they are too fucking stupid to be an individual themselves. I remember 4chon phone threads with people customizing their silly phone themes and icons and cared so much about it, I just don't fucking give a shit, default theme is ok, one or three more apps is okay, it's enough already.

Even the fact that you don't go by yourself to discover interesting locations or places to eat in a city, but you use your phone "Top rated restaurants in your area". Like why the fuck don't you fucking try a place yourself?

I use my phone for texting, calling and shitposting on the go. It's great for looking things up quickly. I could use my old Nokia N95 for that but I like the big screen on my BB Passport

The reason companies release so many phones is because people are dumb enough to buy them. Take Apple for example. New phone every 2 years, with an update in between. Hipsters who like new stuff get the 4, 5 and 6, people who save their money get the 4S, 5S and 6S, and rich people who need to be on the edge of tech buy yearly. I know a lot of people who still use a 4/4S, but Apple doesn't care about them as much. Once those phones break they're more likely to go for a shiny new iPhone, so it doesn't matter.

I hate mobile phones. There's nothing more aggravating than assholes pulling their phone out every 5 seconds to answer a text mid-conversation.

But you will be missing out on various things.

Security vulnerabilities surface, hardware grows old, software becomes obsolete, incompatible, and deprecated, services are discontinued, servers go offline, and updates stop being issued, rendering your phone obsolete one way or another. All with the goal of persuading you to 'upgrade'.

It's what fuels this rotten business.

That is what fuels nearly every product in the last century. Your computer, laptop and even your WiFi enabled vehicle. Cell phones just have a shorter cycle.

That is a hell of a lot of text just to say "I have no friends or money for a decent device I don't get the appeal of these grapes they're all sour!"

better than blatant ad hominem tbh hth

I honestly don't even care about security on my phone. I just assume it's compromised because it's a fucking phone. I have a cheap chinkshit huawei. I use it for calls, texting, listening to music. Even if someone has root access to my phone there's little harm they could do.

If I want to do anything that requires security I use my desktop.

You're right about both things tbh, user.

The last normalfag friend I had decided to not really talk to me again after I told them while I was blackout drunk that I think Justin Timberlake is a stupid faggot with a girl voice.

For the same reason autists care about internet browsers.
It's what they use the vast majority of the time, throughout the day.

i use mine heavily and it's invaluable to me but i still use a galaxy note 3 and don't see any reason to upgrade to the note 4 or 5 or anything else.

What makes it so valuable for you? Just curious

my job has me on my feet a lot and i need to be able to take notes, look things up, call and email people, create and send invoices. i also use it for navigation, taking photos, reading the news and making and receiving payments.

makes sense I guess

Being able to be in contact with someone at almost any place is a very handy thing, OP. Turning them into bad mini-computers with shit battery life and being the basis for how shit modern web design is on the other hand...

Of course I'm talking emergencies, roadside assistance, "hey could you pick this up while you're out", "want to get dinner?", not inane babble on apps and memes. Texting was a mistake, should never have been invented.

The majority of what makes a "smart"phone useful over a normal one is business-related things, which makes it very odd to me that the business-focused company went down like it did while the companies that make their phones to be toys are the ones on top.

That's why you go with a service like Straight Talk and buy one of the cheaper phones. They work just fine (though fuck them for dropping blackberry, I want a physical keyboard, fuck this touchscreen thing) and don't force you to buy some retarded $400+ phone every year.

How's that different from going no-contract with an unlocked phone?

I'm with OP, phones are gay. Expensive bricks of wireless radiation you need kept near your balls at all times so nobody suspects that you're poor. If you think you can get away without one, do it. It's not worth the money or health risk if your not "utilizing" it through social media, selfies, shitty touch games, and whatever helps fake the sense of productivity that justifies having such an expensive piece of crap.

People with normal aspirations are forced to have one, and it's only going to get worse for them...
phonearena.com/news/Forget-Glass-Google-wants-to-plant-Android-right-in-your-eye_id80753

Let's see:
-portable pc
-GPS, location finder and map
-music player
-torrent on the fly with free IP addresses from towers
-imageboard posting, am-did just know
-with peripherals, like keyboard, you can program away, even take advantage of free WiFi
-portable storage, works like USB Flash Drive
-can and do Tor post
-hardware warranty, can replace and "upgrade" anytime from providers

Sure, it's waste hardwarewise, but it has it's uses thanks to software.

You can also use Smartphones to necro shitty threads, who fucking knew?

give one to me.

im dirty poor.

Cry more.

In addition to using the phone or sending a text, I use my shit for urgent server or network admin tasks on a regular basis. Also shitposting.

Sadly all modern phones have a self destruct function that runs at 18 months from date of purchase.