Post Apocalyptic/Dystopian Films

Sup Holla Forums, do you all have recommendations for Post apocalyptic/dystopian future type films? I'm looking for pretty much anything within that realm.

I recently got into these kind of films and i'm really loving them. The Road, Children Of Men, Oblivion etc.
Even YA bullshit films like The Hunger Games, The Maze Runner, they have shitty YA plots every now and then but for the most part the concepts are pretty neat.

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt1535616/?ref_=nv_sr_1
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>>>/cyber/

do not see the director's cut.
fucking Lucas.
See the original or just skip it srsly.

How about a simple end of the world movie?

0/10 get better taste in movies faggot

Waaaah muh superior taste

Snowpiercer, Blade Runner (and seriously read Do Android Dream of Electric Sheep? because that book is incredible), basically anything cyberpunk, Edge of Tomorrow, Akira, Sunshine, Interstellar, District 9, Idiocracy (amazing comedy), I could keep going because this is one of my favorite genres but I'll stop here.

Pic related.

Escape from ny/la are worth watching.

Apart from what's already been recomended. I'd suggest watching "the divide".

It's pretty sick and pretty much sums up what happens after the end of the world, if it's the human factor you want.

Hardware
A Boy and His Dog
The Book of Eli
Brazil

i recently found out about this theme/culture whatever you wanna call it and its really neat. I've most of the films on that list besides Akira i'll check that out, if you have any more recommendations i'd appreciate it!

The Lobster is a dystopian future movie; Colin Farrell and Rachel Weisz are in it.

Also Gattaca.

A CLOCKWORK ORANGE

One of my favorites

Also the Maze Runners books were way better than the movies. The books have time to explain and put more details in than the movies. I read them years ago and remember the majority of the book was dealing with life in the maze whilst the majority of the movie was running in the maze.

Snowpiercer was weird but good. Would also recommend Gattica. Fuck Edge of Tomorrow

I used to like these kinds of movies but now I just find them shallow and even depressing.

Snowpiercer was good until the last third where it turned to shit.

It's not supposed to make you happy numnuts.

imdb.com/title/tt1535616/?ref_=nv_sr_1

The Divide - acting isn't great but it's deliciously bleak

SOLARBABIES

That was brilliant, especially the twist. Never expected it.

Your a fucking idiot

read Lucifer's Hammer

Hell Comes to Frogtown was decent, but Return to Frogtown is a pure cinematic masterpiece.

All You Need is Kill is better, but Edge of Tomorrow did the story reasonably well.
Snowpiercer does kind of go insane at the last bit, but nothing about that situation and no one in it is sane.

disregard op, was from another thread

Some more I really enjoyed in this vein: V for Vendetta, They Live, Equilibrium, the Mad Max movies (maybe skip Thunderdome), Robocop, Total Recall, 12 Monkeys, and basically any film adaptation of books by Vonnegut or Phillip K. Dick

Wait you didn't realize he was blind pretty much from the start?

Check out Hidden, it's pretty damn good. Also 'Young Ones' is alright, though not as good as 'Hidden' imo.

Boss Nigger.

It's about a crazy post apocalyptic world where Niggers can be the Boss.

Reverse apocalypse, feminist controlled future

Is Hidden about da joos?

If you're not opposed to books, OP, I'd recommend Plague Year, Eternity Road, Metro 2033 (2034 wasn't great, but if you can get your hands on it go for it), The Road (the book was way more hardcore and thorough than the movie), and my personal favorite The Stand.

It's set a few months or weeks after everything turned to shit. Humanity became afraid of the open and now can only live in their towery graves.
You'll also have to bear with the subtitles, but I believe it is worth it.

come on Holla Forumsros

These Final Hours (2014)
An Aussie film really liked it, crazy and bleak as fuck.

great movie

I read The Road, pretty interesting writing style.

Also if you hate yourself, pic related.

Basically. Dope concept

Its young adult but really good stuff.The first few books are awesome, the last book was muh but overall worth the read.

I'm going to add some of my favorites that weren't already mentioned

The Battery

How I Live Now

Time of the Wolf

Adding more

The Divide

Hell

28 Days Later

OP here, anyone know of audio dramas like this? I really haven't been able to find anything like it.
I enjoy these audio dramas as much as films, its the theater of the mind!

forgot to mention i'm not specifically looking for just zombies, anything post apocalypse or even sci fi should be fine!

Look into radio dramas if you don't mind aged content, Mercury theater (who Orson Wells founded) and Theater Five have a vast amount of stuff which would probably come best under the genre Thriller/Horror. Welles' War of the Worlds performance was pretty great.

I forgot about that, i've listened to it before its fucking great. I just love the atmosphere.

thank you boys. this is a mighty thread, glad to see fullchan comig together again to share and to be, am watching turbo kid now

we now know…

we know now…

So for all of you who haw seen it, is it worth the hype? I haven't see it before and I've been putting it off for a while. I hate watching films that have/had huge hype, my expectations go through the roof.

Like with 2001 for example, that shit was fucking boring. I don't wanna spend 30 minutes watching a monkey jerkoff.

way hyped. novel when released. boring and weird now.

Great thread. Speaking of it.

"Kin-dza-dza!". It's a Soviet cult-classic dystopia and it's great.

A boy and his dog

12 Monkeys

Tank Girl

Carriers

The movie. Now you can meme with the Russians.

Am i the only one that liked this movie?

pretty much yeah

The book was way better, still i liked it.

Thank you thought i watched all the good stuff.

It's an anonymous imageboard you fuckers

not for you flaggot

How do you think you know who I am?

ignore this

Sorry for being a cocksucker

I'm kind of your stalker

nice try but real flaggot never apologizes, although full of self-doubt

Stalker (1979)

when a movie hinges on religion, I can see it's value for the religious as an affirmation of their faith, but from a general writing perspective it just feels like deus ex machina cop-out.

I just listened to both of these and they're really great, definitely going to continue the season on the first one.

Anyone know where i can find more like these two?

The Battery sucked tbh.

Top tier.

Bumping for more