Windows Botnet UPGRADE will cost $119

engadget.com/2016/05/05/windows-10-upgrades-will-cost-119-after-july-29/
It's like they're trying to kill themselves.
For reference, a full version of Windows 8.1 is like $126. We should take advantage of this when Windows gets expensive to get more people to at least consider Linux, especially schools and such, because they already want to save as much money as they can, and these upgrades will dent their wallets pretty badly.

Other urls found in this thread:

8ch.net/tech/res/587126.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

top kek

anyone that didn't take it for free damn sure isn't going to pay for it. anyone that hasn't already taking it is likely actively taking measure to avoid it

Almost got caught by the auto-updator a while back

I guess the auto-updater will go away after July 29th?

time for gentoo take the crown

So after July they'll push a critical security update that wrecks Win 7's performance ala Apple.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if they left it just to nag you to update constantly

8ch.net/tech/res/587126.html

looks like they already are

This is an attempt to convince more people to switch, especiall people who are interested but are delaying it. Expect those popups to warn about how it's going to cost money soon.

Apple didn't invent this tactic, MS themselves did back in the 98 days.

I never had windows updates enabled.
All these years all those faggots were laughing at me.
WHO IS LAUGHING NOW!?!?!?!

im avin a giggle m8

Ay yo
Hol up
Does that mean that they won't be able to force people into upgrading to Windows 10 because doing so would be pulling the same kind of stunt that the Russians to with that Cryptolocker bullshit? Charging goys $150+ to use their computer after a forced upgrade would land their asses in court, so will GWX stop operating/being pushed on July 29th?
Please say yes. After last year's launch, that'd be the closest thing to reparations for fucking up my birthday that I'll get from these cunts.

It will probably only be used as nagware instead of forcing you to upgrade.

LIMITED TIME OFFER! AVOID FUTURE REGRET! ACT NOW!

Micro$oft: showing ransomeware developers how it's done since 2016!

Oldest tricks in the book
First: They try to scare you into regret when in fact they don't plan selling anything after July 29 (except for new OEM devices)

Next trick: they will try to tell you EVERYONE has done it except you

Up next: they will break the existing retro-compatibility with the app you most use on your computer

Next: they will try to scare you into changing because "some hacker known as furshown" has zero-day exploits to Win7 that no one can patch ever

Even further: they will retrofit some "cool apps" that you don't have yet but all your Win10 friends do into Win7/8, but... oh... they dont work so well... "maybe you need to upgrade" says your friend

Big finale: Oh no, we can't patch no more because the differences in the actual version and the old one are too much, they will simply post something saying "every computer connected to the internet will upgrade the kernel to win10"

Bonus points: Shills on the media telling everyone "only hackers/pedos and chinese terrorists still use Win7/8"

What a surprise.

Fucking finally. Piss off with your Bindose Den :DD and let my game box rust in peace.

I can already see this becoming true.
Fuck.

I doubt this will have a lot of effect. Schools often get free or very cheap licenses for windows. The trick is that all the kids who don't use a pc often learn to use windows at school and thus windows becomes the standard.

It's already happening. M$ put an update from optional to recommended for win7 which fucks up lots of devices and they have "no plan" to fix this.

Perhaps they won't, but this does make them liable for lawsuits.

Nobody will ever switch to linux, keep dreaming.

Or they will infiltrate the linux programmers, and break all new distros so much, that it simply no longer 'just works'

Does this mean security updates will also be $119?
$119 by 300,000,000, that's potentially 6 billion dollars with filthy tricks