Why are animated avatars not allowed on common websites/newer forums?

Why are animated avatars not allowed on common websites/newer forums?

What's the problem?

It breaks the ~experience :^)

Animation is triggering, user. Do you want to scare a snowflake?

Mobile power draw and the desire to not like myspace and blingee.

wut

Since when? No seriously, since when, I haven't really used a traditional forum in maybe the past 5 years at least if not more, I remember when animated gifs were a huge fucking deal on the internet somewhere between 1996 to like 2010

Probably because it's fucking irritating.

I'm pretty sure if you want on of Facepunch you have to pay for it.

gifs still are especially with the rise of Tumblr kiddies. Many social media sites now turn gifs into video files (so you can start them I guess) and some even refer to video as "gifs". These retards don't care about the facts. Facebook has a section of gifs for people to use in their messenger yet often, if you use your own, gifs simply break.

Most forums I use allow animated GIFs in avatars. Only reason other than bandwidth I could think of to disallow them would be that you could make a seizure GIF and fuck some epileptic faggots shit up. I don't think anyone should care about that, but sjws exist

animated avatars are gay and autistic, and they're distracting

if you're not content with just having a static anime face then don't set any avatar at all

Actually it's because they're much lighter as a MP4 than as a GIF

Ask the owners. Now fuck >>>/off/ and never return.

Everyone else, report and move on.

I guess a video format would be better at video, wouldn't it? It will still piss me off however.

op is right, websites are prohibiting the use of .gif, the real retarded reason is preventing imbeded files.

And then obfuscate the way to download it. Paving the way for DRM in images.

>>>/suicide/

>>>/out/

holy fuck i used to have this gif as profile picture on some forums

it's goddam distracting when i'm trying to read

same reason the tag is no longer supported.

Because most forums are owned by total faggots. Out of my head I can only name one vbulletin board that supports webm's.

It's because when you got a forum page full of animated avatars and signatures, the admin's computer slows down to a crawl and he can't ban anyone.

Name it, please.

this german forum I use has webm enabled. ngb.to

testing

Do any of you wonder what kind of people use "tech support" forums? Who the fuck wastes his time helping random people online with computer problems? Sounds boring.

There aren't really that many active tech forums now are there? Most that I know handle a lot of things, like gaming and politics too. So people who visit them are there to talk and every once in a while they help others.

danke für den tipp