Peter Parker Gets Mary Jane Back, Retires as Spiderman as the head of spiderman inc or whatever

Peter Parker Gets Mary Jane Back, Retires as Spiderman as the head of spiderman inc or whatever.

Black Kid the Spider becomes the New Spiderman.

Personally I would prefer somebody with more personality, but I would be OK with this. How about you?

I don't read spiderman, and the first 50 issues I did read of the original were shit, so I don't care.

Is this actually happening?

Either way, it's not worth getting worked up about because they'll just retcon it in five years or so.

Miles Morales exists in a universe where Peter died, which led to events that eventually ended with Miles getting bitten by a similar radioactive spider.

Although, the idea of Spidey retiring doesn't sit well with me because we've yet to get a Spidey who is allowed to have his shit together.

He's a top-tier, A-list superhero who has been stuck dealing with the "how do I juggle two lives?!" shtick for damned near 60 years.

I'd like to see a Spider-Man Incorporated kind of thing where he takes on sidekicks and trainees. Where he uses all the super science tech at his disposal, like Spock did, to actively cut down on and end crime in his city.

Hell, I'd be cool with Spidey finally getting married, having a kid, and letting the series focus on a father-daughter dynamic with Peter trying to teach his kid how to be a Superhero while still fearing for her safety. (And for FUCK'S SAKE not having his kid be a whiny millenial brat who is constantly taking about social media and blowing off her Dad because he's like totes lame, or any shit like that)

This was all a theoretical scenario

This is better then what I came up with.

Thing is I was thinking, that technically at the moment, Peter Parker has achieved the sort of fame and success he always wanted. But without Mary Jane, its all hollow.

I dunno.. I feel like Spidey/Peter's character has hinged on Mary Jane for way too long, to the point that it would be weird if they actually had a stable, happy relationships.. but it would be weirder if he just went off and continued his life without her.

Spiderman was married for more then 30 years.

He was a character made to grow up. In all the Marvelverse, his arc was the closest to completion.

Supermans Death was the death of death for superheroes. But Mary Janes disappearance was the end of ends. Nothing matters, everything gets washed away in the reboots and retcons of time.

I don't know how to tell you this buddy, but Spiderman hasn't lived the "difficult spiderman lifestyle" in decades. They dropped that angle ages ago, but still like to pretend Peter is super hard done by.

Superior Spider-Man was almost entirely about that exact problem though.

Peter didn't have his Doctorate, couldn't maintain a job and patrol the city for criminals, couldn't maintain a relationship, couldn't keep his friends happy, couldn't stop Supervillains from coming back.

Spock was doing a good job at fixing all of that, right up until the writers decided that they needed to go back to the status quo and then just threw everything into the hard reset crapshoot.

Superior Spider-Man is one of the few arcs where they even tangentially picked it back up and ran with it.

I mean the "Everybody thinks Spiderman is a menace" thing stopped being remotely plausible after the first 15 years.

And yet.. Every few years it comes back.

Because Spiderman is consistently held back by shitty writers.

After Spidey is a member of the avengers, has publicly and undeniably saved the city hundreds of times and has saved the goddamn plant countless times, all of this explicitly being recorded and known to the populace, how do people think "Spiderman is actually a criminal" still?
It was plausible back in the days where newspapers actually mattered. Now it's just "we have to do this because it's what spiderman is".

So…they pulled a new Spider-Guy takes over while Peter and MJ leave off to the sunset. OK, how fast is Norman Osborne going to kill Miles? Because Ben Riley got that ending.

Spock also made spiderman a self insert for a supervillain which mean at the end of the day Doctor Octopus getting a happy ending. Not Peter.

Let me repeat!

THIS IS A THEORETICAL SCENARIO

I think the problem is that Miles is an awful character from an awful universe.

I don't know why they felt the need to merge the universes but it's so far turned out incredibly shit.

I agree miles is shit. But its the most realistic scenario I see spiderman retiring with.

At least for like 5 months.

Falcon was Captain America managed that for that.

There was nothing good about that.

Its like smuggling your child into safety at the cost of your life.

We had this chance with Ben Reily. But noooooo. Just like how Aunt May had a nice as fuck send off. But no fuck all that

I wouldn't mind that. Maybe Aunt May could finally fucking die of natural causes and that could spark Peter to think about his future a little more.

Theoretical or not, why would anybody even entertain the idea of replacing Peter Parker with a bland black kid created as racebait?

So..taking bets that Miles is going to die and Pete's going to lose his company.

Silly user, Bendis wouldnt allow his mary sue to be killed

I think he means that if we absolutely have to have Miles because Marvel says so, then that's how they should go with it.

I still think Dick should be batman.

Same here. I don't know why, but I kinda like Dick as Batman mentoring the stick in the ass Damien…and teasing him with Super Girl. You know, like a cooler older bro for Damien.

This. If anything they could finally advance Peter's character into the "got his shit together and intends to keep it that way" tier.

If we absolutely had to because marvel said so then I'd choose a third option and just not. Nothing good can come from that and it'd be pretty clear why it's happening, regardless of in-universe explanations.

>"THEORETICAL"

Fuck Mary Jane, dude. His character has been shackled to that stupid ginger bimbo for too long, he needs a new love interest that understands he's got some important shit going on or he should just drop her entirely.

Go home, Quesada.

If this is your head canon, why put Miles at the forefront, or anywhere?

Miles, and everything he represents, needs to go away.

"And she should be strong and intelligent like my daughter, Carlie"

No, Miles got bitten long before Peter died. He knew about his powers for a long time, but hid them because his dad hated mutants. They used Peter's death as Miles' "Uncle Ben" moment, where he realizes he should have been using his powers for good even if he didn't want to. If he had, he might have been able to save Peter.

But obviously the writers didn't want that. They wanted Peter to die and be replaced with blacky. Otherwise he would have JUST been a knock-off of Spider-man instead of a full on replacement.

I personally really liked Miles for the first while in the comics. Peter's death was a great scene, and it really gave him a legacy with the entire city mourning him. Plus, there was the side-plot with the Avengers and Shield directly supporting Miles after being racked with guilt for not helping train Peter before he died.

What pisses me off is that the writers couldn't even stick to their guns. Starting with the crossover issue with 117 Parker, and then even bringing him back to life in the Ultimate universe for the sole purpose of giving him a happy ending killed my interest in Miles. And that's not even touching on the fact that they merged the universes together now.

I wish Bruce could have retired by now, but it'll never happen.

I'll read Spider Man again when both Slott and Bendis stop writing the books.

I really wish they kept the ultimate characters as their own seperate thing. I wanted to see writers go crazy, and go on a huge tangent with the ultimate universe, just take a bunch of crazy risks, make up new characters and shit. I honestly liked Miles Morales just because I thought it was cool that they had the balls to kill off peter parker. I just wish he was more developed.

he just got bit by the spider in the comics before peter died. he wasn't concieved until after peter died.

My idealized spiderman, well…

Rework the conflict so it happens without Peter going fucking crazy and I'd greenlight the shit out of that.

That would be good as an elseworlds, not a canon ending for spidey.

She went black. She doesn't get to come back.

That is a product of the plot that was written, yes. What's your point? I am sick of this shit logic so many people employ. They wrote the plot, so you giving me convenient tidbits from the plot isn't countering my point.

You think it supposedly being "well written" excuses the conclusion which is forced for propaganda? Even if not for propaganda it is still forced and silly writing. How convenient that Spider-man would die and there would be a ready replacement to continue fighting crime in his name.

I hate this kind of writing, for any reason. The only excuse for doing this is if the previous hero specifically trained a sidekick to replace him later on and with a well established arc. The identity of the character matters just as much to me as their superhero alter ego.

Miles is no better than a knock off character. If some other company made their own spider-man, could use the spider-man name, powerset, but not the character beneath the mask, you would have Miles Morales. That he is fit sloppily into an existing universe instead of just being his own from the start doesn't make it any better. It actually makes it worse, because at least a knock-off wouldn't be fucking with official canon by shoving in its unoriginal copy character.

This is a character that already has so many knockoffs that he has a specific section for his clones on his wikipedia page. Miles is easily one of the more imaginative knockoffs

Not really. He's just Peter but black, and everything seems to go right for him. Everyone tells him how special he is, how he deserves to be the heir to Peter's Spider-Man legacy. He can one shot kill/incapacitate pretty much most of his adversaries, he never faces any real challenge.

He's the least imaginative of the Spider-Man knock-offs.

Thanks for telling me straight up that you didn't actually read anything with him in it, it's nice of you to tell me I should ignore you.

Name one thing that went wrong for him.

His mum died - oh no, wait. She's back now.

His girlfriend told her Hydra parents that he was Spider-Man - oh well he just got a new girlfriend, and Ultimate Dagger decked the old one.

Add to the fact that thanks to OZ he's immortal, or at least he lives longer than most people.

Miles is nothing but Bendi's huge fucking ego wanting to create a "permanent mark" on the Spiderman mythos. He is a safe one note characters whose supporting cast is far more interesting than him.

I'd rather have someone more establish but I never read miles stuff before so I don't know how good a fit he would be.
I haven't actually read anything spider man since OMD shat over everything I loved.

Why are latinas so fucking hot

The thing about Spider-Man I've seen as a longtime reader is that just like DC, Marvel is currently of the opinion that they need to deconstruct heroes so they aren't any one specific person, but are instead pervasive ideas and ciphers of what it means to be a hero. So instead of Spider-Man being Peter Parker everyman nerd, he's Miles, and he's Spider-Gwen, and he's the Scarlet Spider, and he's every other spider centric heroic character. And if you include The Hood as a "what if Peter Parker was a villainous douchebag?" he's that character too.

The same with the SJW-ing of Thor. On some level, yes, its about making a racket and playing gender politics, but its also a completely cynical business move where now Thor can be a dude, Thor can be a woman, Thor can be everyone. It's no longer that anyone can potentially be worthy, its simply that everyone can be a hero innately without even trying, because Marvel has 31 flavors of hero all the same so no one is left out.

And that's why it doesn't work. Because we don't want interchangeable flavors of shit, some with nuts and some without, we want a character we can empathize with as readers because that character is a person. Not a person of color. Not an empowered person. Not a person of chosen token special interest group. Just a person who does badass things and saves the day.

Quesada will never allow that right? I mean, he can't get over the fact that his marriage sucks and his mother is dead.

They are doing this shit right now in the comics, and it sucks ass.

You wanna know WHY Spider-Man writers keep going back to familiar old beats? Because that's what works best for the character. Spider-Man was conceived as a certain type of character, with a certain theme, and unlike characters like Batman, he's not nearly versatile enough to be able to deviate from it and still retain most of what makes him endearing and cool.

And seriously, the marriage was the single most damaging thing to his character in his entire history. Yes, even worse than OMD. OMD was stupid, but it gave us better stories right out of the gate afterwards than the marriage gave us for 30 years of its existence.

dick grayson was the worst robin

seeing as this is a theoretical scenario let's go all in with this shit. because pic related.

here's what I see as the best possible THEORETICAL outcome for Peter and the new spider-man crew for ANAD.

Peter hooks up with Gwen Stacy, aka Spider Gwen, since both of them lost each other in their respective universes and since both of them have spider powers they are fully prepared for all the shit that comes with it and eventually get married and have a kid (May Parker) who inherits their spider powers and they become a crime fighting family. Miles gets adopted by Peter and Gwen and becomes a big brother to May. May becomes Spider Girl, Miles changes his super hero name to a specific spider type (Tarantula, recluse, wolf spider, ikd,something like that.) and this allows him to grow as a character so that he's more than just "the black spider-man".

at some point Peter gets his collective shit together and founds the Alchemax corporation and after a particularly bad run in with a new iteration of the Sinister Six consisting of Electro, Mysterio, Carnage, Scorpion, Vulture and lead by Norman Osborne who's gone completely insane as the Green Goblin at this point. the reason this run in is so bad is that the Carnage symbiote is transferring hosts at will during the fight like if scorpion goes down Carnage jumps to scorpion and takes control of his body until scorpion regains consciousness and then jumps back to Cassidy's body. so at any given time not a single member of the Sinister Six is permanently out of the fight. by the end of the fight it's down to Peter and Norman who has willingly let Carnage bond with him to become the Carnage Goblin. Gwen, Miles and May are all either knocked out or incapacitated in some way from this long, drawn out fight. in the end Peter defeats Norman but at the cost of Norman dying, the carnage symbiote escaping, and peter getting permanently paralyzed from the waist down. This results in Peter being forced to retire as Spider-Man and become the full time CEO of Alchemax. Miles takes over as Spider-Man and continues to fight crime with Gwen and May. Peter then uses the resources of his company to start a Spider-Man Inc. program for other spider themed heroes and becomes like an Xavier type mentor for them while his family becomes the more active leaders of the group.

then many years later but before 2099 the Parker family gets ousted from control of Alchemax by Tyler Stone or his father and a corrupt board of executives leading up to the events of 2099.

Like what?

JMS' run was pretty good. Everything that's come after, after they shit all over it, has been either forgettable or terrible.

Not bad, except that there's no reason for Peter to continue being paralyzed when there's all that SCIENCE available to the most beloved member of the Avengers.

Then again, they couldn't save May from a simple bullet wound, so it would probably stick.

I'd say it'd be less of he CAN'T but more of he chooses not to for the sake of his family, his company, and the world as a whole realizing he can do more good for more people as the head of Alchemax and Spider-Man inc. than he could as Spider-Man.

Your ideas are shit. Complete shit.

The only hot latinas are those with heavy European blood input.

Most latinas are actually fat troll looking figures.

t. Latino

someone sounds a bit salty.

You don't need to be a master chef to know something tastes like shit.

not what I said user. I'm saying if you think my ideas are shit, what do YOU think would be the best direction to take with the ANAD spider-man characters?

I'm not the user you responded to. And that's obviously not what you were implying before.

god damnit, it's hard to tell which user is which on here without id's enabled.

but no, that's exactly what I'm implying, if he thinks my ideas are shit I want to know what he thinks should happen that isn't shit. who knows, he might have some better ideas than I did. I mean that's the point of this thread isn't it? to come up with theoretical scenarios of what marvel should do with Spider-Man and co. in the new ANAD timeline?

That sounds rad

Everything but the Spider Gwen part. We need less characters based off of garbage ideas.

At least Riley's son wound up pretty cool. More than can be said of Miles.

Even though i hate the idea of Spider-Gwen, it all works too well together.

I was always thinking of ideas where a "new" view of marvel is actually 30-50 years in the future. You'll see who lived, who died. Who got married/divorced. Who had kids. etc. While the new gen takes on all these current personas that these writers have since at this point of time the current super heroes act like completely new people except with the same name most of the time. So why not have the new gen/kids take those personalities and see the old farts reminisce about the good old days and in this way old time readers won't feel cheated by retcons. But that's just me.

Man I am so down with the idea of comic book worlds continuing beyond what the status quo allows them too.

Its just that eventually any loose ends will be ruined by shit writers like Kid Apocalypse.

It's kinda funny cheat. Cause the status quo would stay.
But these new heroes would be in their 20's-30's as well and maybe have them fight a few old rogue gallery that could live that long and add in a few new villains. Hell it worked fantastic for Batman Beyond that had Bruce Wayne old as hell but still kept status quo as the original batman with all his old experiences intact. I would love to see a moment like the son/daughter of "insert hero here" searching for a "legendary" former superhero as a teacher who went into hiding after retirement. You could insert Thor/Hulk/Captain America/Wolverine/etc. It would be an easy tool to pull in old readers to see how their heroes fared and new readers who imagine themselves as the rookie hero. More or less how Robin got popular so damn fast. Just throwing those out there. Never gonna happen…

They did that.

Then they killed everyone in it to show how awesome slott's stupid vampire husbando was.

Wait he also Killed Spidergirl? Well of course he did.

Walking Tumor man hates everything good……Man….Just….There is nothing left. Gotta bury that Mary Jane Legacy 6 times over.

They crashed the plane with no survivors.

They killed her dad, but close enough.

Ah, close enough indeed.

And to top it all off they called her Spiderwoman. Its weird but when I think Spidergirl, I think of an indearing retro character. When I think Spiderwoman I think walking catastrophy.

Isn't she technically dead anyway because of the Multiverse collapsing? Or was that undone as well?

No idea on the universe shit.

thank you user.

The multiverse. I know of it. But the fucking vampire killing that verse had little to do with lack of popularity and more to do with ego stroking. Really bullshit.

aren't arachnid females typically bigger and stronger than males, and some species even eat the male after intercourse? that's a pretty solid excuse for an edgy female spiderman, as long as it isn't written by some sjw, could be interesting.

Yes. The fact that Peter was fine with it tells you everything you need to know about him.

Tells you more about Slott than it does Peter Parker

Granted. Hacks do use main characters as transparent self-inserts. Pic very much related.