Bitcoin is the currency of the Internet: a distributed, worldwide, decentralized digital money...

Bitcoin is the currency of the Internet: a distributed, worldwide, decentralized digital money. Unlike traditional currencies such as dollars, bitcoins are issued and managed without any central authority whatsoever: there is no government, company, or bank in charge of Bitcoin. As such, it is more resistant to wild inflation and corrupt banks.

No matter the flavor of your politics, we can all agree that ending the state monopoly on money creation is a positive step. There are some valid arguments that Bitcoin could someday fail and I think it might be beneficial to flesh those out right now.

Let the shilling begin.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=B4wU9ZnAKAw
99bitcoins.com/bitcoinobituaries
youtube.com/watch?v=6vFgBGdmDgs
youtube.com/watch?v=gKkfhi8Eaiw
en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Myths#Bitcoins_have_no_intrinsic_value_.28unlike_some_other_things.29
youtube.com/watch?v=YIVAluSL9SU
en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Myths
rossdawsonblog.com/weblog/archives/2014/09/new-layer-economy-enabled-m2m-payments-internet-things.html
bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Myths#After_21_million_coins_are_mined.2C_no_one_will_generate_new_blocks
explorer.litecoin.net/block/12a765e31ffd4059bada1e25190f6e98c99d9714d334efa41a195a7e7e04bfe2
medium.com/@SatoshiLite/satoshilite-1e2dad89a017#.xljsji88r
news.bitcoin.com/central-banks-fedspeak-bitcoin-fear/
bitcoinsimplified.org/learn-more/anonymity/
en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Myths#Bitcoin_mining_is_a_waste_of_energy_and_harmful_for_ecology
coindesk.com/craig-wright-wont-provide-satoshi-nakamoto-proof/
metzdowd.com/pipermail/cryptography/2016-May/029323.html
bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=279249.0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Didn't this shit already get busted like a year ago or something.

Bitcoin Foundation and bad governance have made it unusable.

Crypto is the future, to a large extent, but not Bitcoin without a MAJOR revamp, possibly even a fork, given the entrenched interests.

Dash is better in every way. Others probably are too, but I don't keep up with any of them.

Bit coin has no value on its own for anything other then drugs or CP or Holla Forums donations if you want it to have value you have to exchange it for another currency. Lets be almost almost every nations money is backed by "faith" today, but at this point you can still spend it.

So stupid.

Damn, OP was right about the shills. This is nuts.

He made a shit thread mate.
That you think otherwise doesn't change that.

One guy has a half of worlds bitcoins, you at his mercy

Oh, ok. Also bump.

Sounds just like every other currency

On the off chance you're not slidimg, here is some pol required reading. Long but worth it all.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=B4wU9ZnAKAw

why are you even on an imageboard then faggot?

That's long, can you give me a synopsis?
I don't even know what it's about.

yes I have attempted to start up reasonable discussion on this board before on bitcoin, this is typical. You have to wonder why an interest would want to keep this quiet on a political image board?! Gee wiz!

Look at how fast they flocked.

Maybe people just got sick of all the bit coin generals on half chan

One shadowy, unaccountable group of people can issue your currency at will. You at their mercy.

Why are you, shill? Oh right, because you shill for college credit.

Also, another bump, just to frustrate you some more.

But I don't agree the sanctioned monopoly of the federal reserve would be much better to be replaced by the department of treasury printing gold backed notes for no profit.

Comma after "the"

Last time you posted this thread you just said:
"lol bitcoins r cool, mods are fags XDDDD"

This time you put a little bit more effort into the OP (admittedly slight), but you're still not there yet. Try see if you can write a full two or three paragraphs about it. We know what Bitcoin is because we aren't ten years old, but what are you trying to inform us about with this thread? This is where you fail

Bitcoin is a Jewish scam just like Trump. Coincidence? I don't think so.

This is 100% wrong

So, you setting up a RWDS with some btc or soemthing?

I'm not the faggot going on an imageboard and then saying "that's just an opinion" as if that's a valid response.
Yeah, it's his opinion. And he's correct. OP has only two posts. The thread itself, and then complaining that people aren't having "reasonable discussion" which almost always amounts to "not saying things I want them to" when used by you faggots.

You idiots have done nothing but sling insults and sage. You aren't interested in a conversation. Go to some other thread if you don't like this one.

Clearly neither is OP.
Or yourself.
Are you really gonna start complaining about being insulted on an imageboard? Aren't you even trying to pretend you're not a shill anymore?

SEPARATION OF MONEY AND STATE!

I see your point. Bitcoin is resilient against these types of attacks.

yep

bitcoin only died 101 times (at the time of writing)
99bitcoins.com/bitcoinobituaries

Yeah, and the ability of infinite production. They are making money like it's meth.

Consider this thread to be a public demonstration of the COMPLETE infestation of this board and our politics more broadly. How many "anonymous posters" came here just to shit on the thread, sage, and swing personal attacks. The only people doing this are vehemently against bitcoin for some darned-danged reason.

A lot of internet companies accept BTC now tbh fam. Also, price is going back up.

Cryptocurrency will be the means through which we will trade internationally in the future when international banks will be dismantled. National Currency backed by gold will be used only internally by countries and will not be exchanged with other countries, especially since it would be a slower process than what we currently have and the Cryptocurrency solution.

well done Holla Forums, this shit thread's guaranteed to stay on page 1 now

I mean it is worth saying that Cryptocurrency is just a nicer sounding version of the kikes beloved "cashless society".

This thread is shit.
Have you even looked into Vertcoin?
Do you know what ASIC is?
The problem with Bitcoin is that anyone who has the money to start can buy up ASIC systems and mine at a massive scale with a huge reward. This kills any of us that don't have said hardware.

Basically -
JEWS

How cool is bitcoin compared to your classic bank?

oh, this thread was about shilling

basically arguments against bitcoin are false
looks like the rockefellers are out in force on 8ch, enjoy your crappy dollar, as it is soon over (june/juli)

Here is a reference graph of the price of Bitcoin over the past 12 months for the sake of the thread.

You are retarded. Look at my first post in the thread.

Yes this is the one major flaw, they would need to own 51% of the mining infrastructure so they could abuse it and fuck with the blockchain.

There are altcoins always popping up but they still fall back on bitcoin as the "reserve currency".

Bro you can't call this a shit thread if you won't give 3 hours of watching a video to learn about central banking wars.

Tldr, if you must, money as we know it is a legal fiction and a scam perpetrated by jews and the Rothschild family specifically. Responsible for all wars of major significance for the last 200 years, maybe 2000 years not counting the chinks.

But watch the fucking video man, you're like someone holding on to holohoax because you won't watch 6 hours of tgsnt.

What's stopping me from creating a program that makes bitcoins?

Last I looked, there were two huge mining pools that were close to 50%.

Problem is, there is no reward for operating bitcoin nodes, so transactions take forever. Dash solves this. Maybe others do too. Also nice that Dash is/can be untraceable online cash.

good job
no, just another ripoff of the best idea in 2000 years
everyone with google can look for it, your point?
It's as retarded as saying: The problem with Gold is that anyone who has the money to start can buy up gold mines and equipment and mine on a massive scale with a huge reward.

basically you don't understand what the fuck you're talking about.
If anything, this is actually the first system in human history to transmit value WITHOUT A MIDDLE MAN, leaving the jew where..? Oh right, in the gutter holding trash dollar paper.

not interested in the price really, at this point it's still a bargain, it will be a bargain at 1000$, 2000$, 5000$ 10000$ etcetc.

See it always helps to know the posting style of the board you're trying to shill on.
Just thought you might like to know it's quite obvious it's your first time on an imageboard.

You mean the post OP didn't respond to until AFTER complaining about post quality, and only when prompted?

That IS the problem with Gold. That's why currency is gold BACKED, and gold is not used as the currency itself.

Please refer to

Just common sense, some coding and roughly a few petahashes of calculation power, not to mention 8 years and a few million people.

You too can refer to

Also the problem with gold is not that it's mineable, it's that there is so little it's monopolizable. Just hold enough of it through buying off of countries and you manipulate the supply. Back a currency off of gold and you have all the old problems of a Rothschild bank.

The greatest invention of the last 2000 years was not crypto coin, it was natsoc and the naming of the jew and printing of nationalized currency with above board fiscal controls (reichsmark) that hitler popularized. Hitler made the roadmap, we have only to follow it.

watched the video WAY before this thread.
for those that didn't check, bookmark it and watch when you have the opportunity.

And who has the resources to create that?

I can't wait until Microsoft puts a 51% attack straight into the kernel of the next version of Windows

Nothing. Its jsut that it won't be bitcoins you are creating, but an altcoin.

Bitcoins aren't discrete. They are a ledger entry. You would have to modify 51% of the world's copies of that ledger to create more. IE it's impossible.

You said I wasn't interested in a conversation. You are flopping like a fish out of water. I suspect you are a pic related.

Jesus Christ, you are fucking retarded.

Except no one takes a currency so unstable as bitcoin seriously, so your jew-ending currency is shit tier tbh.

That's what I'm saying. The problem with gold is exactly the fact that it's scarce and thus those with resources are better equipped to gain more of it, creating a cycle that hordes gold at the top. That's why gold itself is not a currency.

I mean ideally the Nazi Germany currency backed by actual labor is ideal, but I don't think Crypto-faggots are willing to listen to such a thing since they're overwhelmingly Libertarian and a currency based on work-units is not a free market.

where did the jew go?
How did he profit without being the middleman?

You're sweeping aside reichsmarks pretty easily.

Do it without them. Crypto will stay right where it is now, for drugs and money laundering.

Also,

I didn't say it wasnt. It can be in the right corcumstsnces. You're trying to leave the door open for gold being the BACKING of a currency, which is what it should never be. Put in a nationalized currency, and gold should take a backseat rightfully. All Speculative markets should take a backseat, as they are Jewish in origin and design, and contribute little if any value past keeping jews occupied from 10am-5pm.

At Mt. Gox.
Idiot.

The sad thing about Bitcoins is that they are not seen as a currency but more like an investment. People are bunkering the coins for the sake of profit instead of buying thing with it. There are even jobs where you get paid in Bitcoins. It is a very very good idea but sadly people aren't spending enough to make it volatile.

Recihsmarks are going to need to operate in a framework in which a value can be placed on labor and man hours, so it will need a strong government which again, most Libertarians would despise.

If you were to implement reichsmarks or any equivalent today, would you put the same investment into infrastructure as Hitler or would you try and frame the bulk of growth around another market?

I actually lost on mtgox, did you?
Also, I'm still posting actual good content, so if you'd bitch less and add more this thread would remain Holla Forums worthy

ok, steam accepts it, and bitpay for casuals.

Did you know?

Bitcoin is a lot like gold.

also, let me be the first 'begger' itt. Seen my discussion above, and below…

address:
15wPdob19XZ1FCUmcX1xKy8xSNhEn1eNwt

I agree with you in part. Many of Bitcoin's users see it as an investment but I agrue that is not a bad thing. Because Bitcoin has a limited supply, people understand that they could be very valuable one day if the demand keeps increasing.

Bitcoin will be hit with several supply-shocks to purposefully create volatility and media coverage. Bitcoin is a sort of back-end to the future money system where other virtual currencies will utilize Bitcoin's massive security network.

If you want to know more about these ideas, here's Andreas Antonopolos - Bitcoin: Money As A Content Type and the Grand Arc of Technology

youtube.com/watch?v=6vFgBGdmDgs

You mean, it's not really worth as much as accumulating treasures in the sky?

Bitcoin Core is the the backbone of the Bitcoin network. Almost all Bitcoin wallets rely on Bitcoin Core in one way or another. If you have a fairly powerful computer that is almost always online, you can help the network by running Bitcoin Core. You can also use Bitcoin Core as a very secure Bitcoin wallet.

Bitcoin Core is cancer that's killing Bitcoin.

Bitcoin has become the personal plaything of (((Adam Back))) and fellow conspirators.

YES! If everyone would use bitcoins, all the banks would become bankrupts! READ: Jews would lose all their power

Growth, what fucking growth? That's a meme. Who the fuck says we need to grow? We need to operate. Hitler's biggest theme was not "growth" or "infrastructure", it was the conviction that the whole of economic science at the time was Jewish voodoo.

Here is a cap of something from the uber thread the god-mods deleted last night talking about growth of economy and population in context of the usa.

I have no interest in trading one shitty currency for another.

I want whatever I use as currency to have intrinsic value. The methods of transfer regarding cryptocurrency are great, but that's about it.

It's made up of 0's and 1's. From the get go, I've had little interest. And from the frantic justifications I've heard over the last few years on why it's fine that it doesn't have intrinsic value, I'm still not interested.

As far as I am concerned, bitcoin is just another example of someone offering me a shit-sandwich because I said I didn't like my shit-soup.

If you want to make more progress with normies you should refer to the USD as "socialized money" because they understand the consequences when the government has a monopoly on something but ironically they don't understand when you refer to it directly as a monopoly, as in "monopoly on money creation".

I won't try to convince you. However, Bitcoin does have Intrinsic value. Bitcoin offers an immutable global censor-resistant public ledger that anyone in the world can write to. There is a scarce amount of data to use, and people value the process of writing that data to the ledger that they are willing to pay very large sums to have control over that data.

thank you that's very good. I agree

It does have intrinsic value because of it's inherent security. Because it's impossible to steal or purposefully create (other than having your local wallet file stolen, similar to how someone stole the gold in your room), everyone using it can trust that it's real and any discrepancy is due to human error. It's like gold but easier to use and able to be teleported to anywhere in the world.

I found a couple of alternative arguments regarding it's intrinsic value that I've added, but I don't remember where or how I read or thought of the connection between it's security and intrinsic value.

youtube.com/watch?v=gKkfhi8Eaiw

en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Myths#Bitcoins_have_no_intrinsic_value_.28unlike_some_other_things.29

For more about this message embedding you can watch

youtube.com/watch?v=YIVAluSL9SU

credit for the link

In the history of Bitcoin, there has never been an attack on the block chain that resulted in stolen money from a confirmed output. Neither has there ever been a reported theft resulting directly from a vulnerability in the original Bitcoin client, or a vulnerability in the protocol. Bitcoin is secured by standard cryptographic functions. These functions have been peer reviewed by cryptography experts and are considered unlikely to be breakable in the foreseeable future.

en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Myths

that imagine had my brain confused for a good minute

Writing something in this ledger is of no importance or value to me. I'm not willingly paying anyone for the right to write to a public ledger in this context. Certainly, as a record of transactions, there may come a day that an economic system that makes sense that utilizes a ledger will have value to me. So long as we are within the context of virtual data with no intrinsic value being the basis for this ledger, I have no demand for it.

A totally worthless item, that you have complete security over, is still a completely worthless item. I don't think anyone would argue that if I swallow a gold coin and if I swallow a penny, they are both equally secure. At least for the time that they pass through my digestive track. This does not give them equal value. Nor would a swallowed penny in my intestines have more value than a gold coin in my relatively much less secure pocket.

Certainly, a good currency that has high security is better than an equally good currency that has low security. Bitcoin, is an absolute shit currency that has high security. I suppose this makes it superior to an absolute shit currency that has low security. I would rather use a currency that has intrinsic value, and less security. Ultimately, I would like a currency that has intrinsic value and high security. That is not currently an option.

Bitcoin doesn't scale and the whole thing is a disaster as no normie is willing to use it.

The greatest part about bitcoin is that it is open to all! Those that see the value of a system like bitcoin are able to use it with freedom and those with reservations aren't forced to use it. Hopefully there comes a time where you have confidence in digital ledger system.

You see no value, I see value along with many other bright people. It may be worthless to you but incorrect to say that it is without value as the last 7 years have shown. security + scarcity = climbing price

many intelligent people are working hard to scale bitcoin and have been for some time. most agree that bitcoin will scale at this point with the introduction of the lightning network.

The above graph shows the number of daily transactions growing at a fairly consistent rate indicating an expanding network.

Describe the simplest way a normie can start using (send, receive, and convert to/from USD) bitcoin. Then read it over and realize how infeasible bitcoin is and that it will only ever see use for buying pizza and similar goods.

Except kikes can't control it, it's open source tech that allows any group to set up their own for internal use. Bitcoin is out of Jewish control and that scares them.

Its surprisingly intuitive if youre at all familiar with a cell phone or tablet. With OpenBazaar launching, people are able to trade Bitcoin for digital items and physical goods from all over the world! It is exciting to see this kind of direct commerce developing. Digital currencies are innovating faster than many industries with investments pouring into startups that are experimenting in every direction.

Admittedly, Bitcoin and OpenBazaar are not ideas that are understood easily. They do take some research and the people who make both of these concepts more palatable to a mass audience will make tons of money with their ideas + additional layers created.

this comment is kind of misleading because you cannot run openbazaar on a mobile device.

51% attack

Yawn.

me 2

12RdFfEzyTVUikHFYfMdbRoA7AL11NK3qN

Get fukt beggars. Do some work and earn some bitcoin. At least post some OC you silly faggots.

Lost faith in btc when I found the idiots chose not to study markets or accept gold as a better investment.

Here's a nice bit of info, torrents and streaming apps are outsold by vinyl records.

I respect mr.nintendo, but I understand why he abandoned the project and moved on.

The new layer of the economy enabled by M2M payments in the Internet of Things
Ross Dawson, September 16, 2014 at 9:38 pm

Last week I gave a keynote on The Future of Banking to a group of the most senior risk leaders in a major bank, sharing some provocative ideas on how the banking landscape may change in the years to come.

One of the ideas I shared briefly was on how micro-payments between connected devices could enable an entirely new layer of the economy.

Payments between things
Imagine that the roads are populated by driverless cars. You might be in a hurry, and be prepared to pay a little each time another car makes way for yours to go past. Other car passengers may not be in such a hurry, and be happy to receive payments.

An agent system could be programmed with your parameters and entrusted to negotiate with other cars on whether it makes or receives payments.

Similarly, if our skies become filled with drones as deliveries take to the skies, these could negotiate priorities using micro-payments.

These examples reflect that in the ‘economy of individuals‘, many of us now receive payments as well as make payments.

In another domain, sensors could use agent models to find and pay for the lowest cost bandwidth given particular urgency for data. For example soil humidity and temperature measurement devices spread across farms may need low priority for small variations, but ask for high priority if there is danger of frost damage.

The cost of the fixed cost component of payments
However none of this is readily feasible with our current payment systems, which usually have a fixed price component, commonly in the order of 30 cents, as well as a variable component depending on the transaction amount.

Global payment systems are ripe for disruption, with one of many important drivers being the profusion of devices and potential transactions enabled by the Internet of Things.

That disruption could come from within existing payment systems, but many will seek to bring alternatives from outside. The reality is that the fixed component of payments has no relation to the true underlying cost of making the payment, it is a legacy of ancient systems and entrenched, self-reinforcing business models.

Lack of movement in existing systems could support greater use of Bitcoin and other crypt-currencies, which provide an essentially costless payment mechanism that bypasses current financial structures. There are other possible approaches, and there will undoubtedly be major platform plays in the payments space as technology companies such as Apple get involved.

The potential of machine-to-machine payments
What is clear is that there is an entirely new layer of the economy which could open up once payments with zero or extremely low (i.e. less than one cent) fixed costs are possible.

The potential is immense.

rossdawsonblog.com/weblog/archives/2014/09/new-layer-economy-enabled-m2m-payments-internet-things.html

There's a bitcoin kiosk at my mall; you go there put in money and send bitcoin to a wallet address or scan a QR code of your wallet address.

Some kiosks can just read the address through phone contact with NFC technology.

Then when you want to buy something you just send Bitcoin to the merchant's address, or better yet if they have the NFC readers just put your phone to it and pay that way.

If you want you can get a card made with a read only NFC chip of the wallet address.

It's pretty much like those contactless credit card, paywave or paypass and the like.

How is this not simple enough for a normie? It's simpler than what most normies already use if they don't use the paypass stuff.

BTC is a new technology. A new science. You have alot of reading to do. Educate yourself or suffer the consequences.

God damn you are such a fucking faggot. Don't listen to this person. Decide for yourself if you could conceivably imagine a use case for bitcoin. this individual lacks imagination.

he said as he typed form his computer.

Kill yourself

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

NO, I JUST LAUGH AT THE PEOPLE WHO DID

How does Bitcoin work?

From a user perspective, Bitcoin is nothing more than a mobile app or computer program that provides a personal Bitcoin wallet and allows a user to send and receive bitcoins with them. This is how Bitcoin works for most users.

Behind the scenes, the Bitcoin network is sharing a public ledger called the "block chain". This ledger contains every transaction ever processed, allowing a user's computer to verify the validity of each transaction. The authenticity of each transaction is protected by digital signatures corresponding to the sending addresses, allowing all users to have full control over sending bitcoins from their own Bitcoin addresses. In addition, anyone can process transactions using the computing power of specialized hardware and earn a reward in bitcoins for this service. This is often called "mining". To learn more about Bitcoin, you can consult the dedicated page and the original paper.

bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf

Bitcoin may or may not be the future, but Crypt-Currencies certainly are.

Personally, I think it'll be the intermediary into the next generation of money and then will slowly devalue due to monopolisation. Too much of it is currently in too fewer people's hands.

However, in saying that, many of the people holding (by no means most or all) probably deserve to be wealthy for being progressive in the first place.

What is looking very worrying in the future is the lack of incentive to mine once the initial 21 million coins are done.

Since mining will then only net coins from transaction costs, the number of miners will decrease. less people with more share of the power each = more chance for someone to take over the network, and allow their own double spending etc etc.

The 21 million won't get hit until ~2040 or something though.

awesome post brah

When operating costs can't be covered by the block creation bounty, which will happen some time before the total amount of BTC is reached, miners will earn some profit from transaction fees. However unlike the block reward, there is no coupling between transaction fees and the need for security, so there is less of a guarantee that the amount of mining being performed will be sufficient to maintain the network's security.

en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Myths#After_21_million_coins_are_mined.2C_no_one_will_generate_new_blocks

One counter force would be a steady price increase. We see here in this graph that the bitcoin hashing power seems to grow when the price increases, and when the total daily transactions increases. When prices were around 250, we saw many miners with inefficient systems stop mining. As the price goes back up, they turn their machines on again when it is profitable.

Bitcoin has no built-in chargeback mechanism.

Why some people think this is bad: Chargebacks are useful for limiting fraud. The person handling your money has a responsibility to prevent fraud. If you buy something on eBay and the seller never ships it, PayPal takes funds from the seller's account and gives you back the money. This strengthens the eBay economy, because people recognize that their risk is limited and are more willing to purchase items from risky sellers.

Why it's actually a good thing: Bitcoin is designed such that your money is yours and yours alone. Allowing chargebacks implies that it is possible for another entity to take your money from you. You can have either total ownership rights of your money, or fraud protection, but not both. That said, nothing inherent in the dollar or euro or any other currency is necessary for chargebacks to be possible, and likewise, nothing prevents the creation of PayPal-like services denominated in Bitcoin that provide chargebacks or fraud protection.

The statement "The person handling your money has a responsibility to prevent fraud" is still true; the power has been shifted into your own hands. Fraud will always exist. It's up to you to only send bitcoins to trusted entities. It is possible to trust an online identity without ever knowing their physical identity; see the OTC Web of Trust.

I think you overestimate how profitable gold mining is…

This might have been true thousands of years ago, but as the easy to mine gold and silver deposits have become more and more exhausted its become increasingly resource intensive to mine them.

Just go and look at those gold miners (I think one of the TV shows is called 'Gold Rush') in the wilderness in Canada and Alaska, they are spending an entire season (6 months) working ~20 hours a day for a take home pay of only about $100k each after expenses (machinery, fuel, paying off loans, etc) if they are lucky. Not exactly what I would call rolling in money for the hours worked and location you have to put up with, they probably make more money off the TV show than they do actually mining.

My computer is not made of 0's and 1's numbskull. This post is. How much are you willing to pay me for this post?

that's basically what would take you 10 years to get in europe.

Satoshi "Zyklon B" Nakamoto has arrived to delouse Bitcoin.

SHEKEL-GRUBBING, PLAGIARIST (((CYPHERPUNKS))) ON SUICIDE WATCH

“I, Charlie Lee, am the creator of Litecoin”

Genesis block: explorer.litecoin.net/block/12a765e31ffd4059bada1e25190f6e98c99d9714d334efa41a195a7e7e04bfe2

Genesis address: Ler4HNAEfwYhBmGXcFP2Po1NpRUEiK8km2

Signature: G7W57QZ1jevRhBp7SajpcUgJiGs998R4AdBjcIgJq5BOECh4jHNatZKCFLQeo9PvZLf60ykR32XjT4IrUi9PtCU=

The above cryptographic proof shows ownership over an address. Litecoin creator Charlie Lee is proving ownership for the first transaction in Litecoin's blockchain, signaling ownership on creation.

“I, Charlie Lee, am the creator of Litecoin”

Genesis block: explorer.litecoin.net/block/12a765e31ffd4059bada1e25190f6e98c99d9714d334efa41a195a7e7e04bfe2

Genesis address: Ler4HNAEfwYhBmGXcFP2Po1NpRUEiK8km2

Signature: G7W57QZ1jevRhBp7SajpcUgJiGs998R4AdBjcIgJq5BOECh4jHNatZKCFLQeo9PvZLf60ykR32XjT4IrUi9PtCU=

The above cryptographic proof shows ownership over an address. Litecoin creator Charlie Lee is proving ownership for the first transaction in Litecoin's blockchain, signaling ownership on creation.

On April 25, ECB’s Yves Mersch gave a speech at the Deutsche Bank Transaction Bankers’ Forum 2016 in Frankfurt am Main. But unlike the US Fed’s Lael Brainard in her recent talk, “Bitcoin” wasn’t even mentioned once by Mersch. But what’s more interesting perhaps is the evolving jargon for this potentially disruptive technology.

“Today, I would like to approach the discussion of DLT [Distributed Ledger Technology] from a central bank perspective,” said Mersch, who then admitted that it’s just “one of several possibilities” for the Eurosystem to “keep pace with market developments and technological progress” while urging for “common understanding” of its the potential impact.
We will have to reflect to what extent it affects our role as the trusted third party for the settlement of payments and securities in central bank money, or as the issuer of risk free base money as anchor of monetary policy.

Reflect & Deflect

reflect eyeThroughout the speech, Mersch showed openness to DLT while urging more “reflection” on the possible implications for the Eurosystem and the global economy as a whole. But while his tone was ostensibly warm, the call for its “standardization and interoperability” while ensuring “that technological innovation does not lead to a disruption or re-fragmentation in the market” was resounding, nevertheless.

Moreover, Mersch all but confirmed that their DLT would be a restricted ledger, albeit toying with an option to open it for all citizens in his speech. “It goes without saying that when accessing the DLT network, the right level of access and data protection requirements have to be respected,” he stated.

Mersch also added:

The emergence of new market actors requires reflection on issues such as how to ensure a level playing field for newcomers and long-established players, as well as an appropriate level of protection for the users.

Let’s not forget that Bitcoin has been leveling the playing field since 2009—no reflection required—while empowering individual users to secure their own holdings through encryption. Yes, the encryption that the central powers are currently waging war on.

So are central banks cherry-picking Bitcoin’s least disruptive aspects for the sake of “safety” and “efficiency”? Hardly, as it should be clear to anyone that restricted, centralized networks such as the ECB’s are far from safe and rather inefficient. Perhaps they’re afraid of Bitcoin’s true “disruptive potential?” Or maybe are they simply not understanding the new technology and “missing the point?“

What is clear, however, is that the incumbent monetary system will continue to rename, strip down Bitcoin’s most important features in an attempt to fit it into its own mold. And as central banks continue to reflect, Bitcoin’s growing usage could reach a tipping point, turning into a tsunami that could dislodge the “anchor” of monetary policy.

news.bitcoin.com/central-banks-fedspeak-bitcoin-fear/

That's not satoshi you irredeemably dumb nigger.

Let me guess. You are over the age of 40. You will be dead soon and we will be trading dogecoin for camwhores on our occulus rift googles. A pleasure you will never know.

Get the fuck out Jew.
Blockchain technology is literally cancer.
This means that if people moved to bitcoin every transaction would be able to be publicly tracked.
No thanks.
Bit coin is so wasteful. You are wasting processing power, electricity, and physical space to generate sequences of bits that are 'worth something'.

Electronic currencies are just the next way for the Jew to amp up the monitoring.

You know why there is a 'Mythology' behind an 'Alchemist's Stone' that lets you 'Create Gold'?
Because you can't fucking do it.
Gold is a great currency because you can't inflate it.

Bitcoin is pseudonymous. Sending and receiving bitcoins is like writing under a pseudonym. If an author’s pseudonym is ever linked to their identity, everything they ever wrote under that pseudonym will now be linked to them. In Bitcoin, your pseudonym is the address to which you receive Bitcoin. Every transaction involving that address is stored forever in the blockchain. If your address is ever linked to your identity, every transaction will be linked to you.

In the original Satoshi whitepaper, it was recommended that Bitcoin users use a new address for each transaction to avoid the transactions being linked to a common owner. This would be the equivalent of writing many books under different pseudonyms. Although this remains a best practice, it is not enough to guarantee full anonymity due to multi-input transactions.

Multi-Input Transactions

A multi-input transaction occurs when you receive payments to your wallet to different addresses, but then you send a payment out of your wallet which pulls bitcoins from multiple addresses. The outgoing transaction will include multiple addresses as inputs, proving that they are in the same wallet and belong to the same entity. If your identity is ever linked to any of these addresses, none of the addresses will maintain their anonymity. For example, in the transaction displayed below, some of the bitcoins came from address 12TBGSTqd1how9cpYKWTm4VUYw3QDDWMoB and some came from the address 19t1HyYqe254NxiTAGLrAR4gPJAZCkSXJY. This means that those two addresses are in the same wallet and belong to the same user.

Multiple Wallets

One way to increase your anonymity is to use multiple wallets. This is like maintaining multiple separate identities.

Mixing Services

A mixing service is an entity that offers to trade out your bitcoins for ones with a different history. To do this, they essential take your bitcoins and put them in a big pot with bitcoins from many other users. They then send back out the bitcoins randomly to make it impossible to tell which inputs connect to which outputs. While this is effective in theory, to do this with complete anonymity generally requires you to trust an anonymous third party to give you back your bitcoins and not keep records of the transactions that flow through them. There is nothing to keep a mixing service from running away with the coins.

bitcoinsimplified.org/learn-more/anonymity/

If I didn't have anything resembling a moral framework, I would join you.

Yes, you're right.

These are completely normal showers too. You have nothing to worry about.

No more so than the wastefulness of mining gold out of the ground, melting it down and shaping it into bars, and then putting it back underground again. Not to mention the building of big fancy buildings, the waste of energy printing and minting all the various fiat currencies, the transportation thereof in armored cars by no less than two security guards for each who could probably be doing something more productive, etc.

As far as mediums of exchange go, Bitcoin is actually quite economical of resources, compared to others.

Economic Argument 1

Bitcoin mining is a highly competitive, dynamic, almost perfect, market. Mining rigs can be set up and dismantled almost anywhere in the world with relative ease. Thus, market forces are constantly pushing mining activity to places and times where the marginal price of electricity is low or zero. These electricity products are cheap for a reason. Often it’s because the electricity is difficult (and wasteful) to transport, difficult to store, or because there is low demand and high supply. Using electricity in this way is a lot less wasteful than simply plugging a mining rig into the mains indiscriminately.

For example, Iceland produces an excess of cheap electricity from renewable sources, but it has no way of exporting electricity because of its remote location. It is conceivable that at some point in future Bitcoin mining will only be profitable in places like Iceland, and unprofitable in places like central Europe, where electricity comes mostly from nuclear and fossil sources.

Market forces could even push mining into innovative solutions that have an effective electricity consumption of zero. Mining always produces heat equivalent to the energy consumed - for example, 1000 watts of mining equipment produces the same amount of heat as a 1000 watt heating element used in an electric space heater, hot tub, water heater, or similar appliance. Someone already in a willing position to incur the cost of electricity for its heat value alone could run mining equipment specially designed to mine bitcoins while capturing and utilizing the heat produced, without incurring any energy costs beyond what they already intended to spend on heating.

(Note that this is just an example; mining will not always produce heat equivalent to the energy consumed because some energy is inevitably released as electromagnetic radiation, among others.)

Economic Argument 2

When the environmental costs of mining are considered, they need to be weighed up against the benefits. If you question Bitcoin on the grounds that it consumes electricity, then you should also ask questions like this: Will Bitcoin promote economic growth by freeing up trade? Will this speed up the rate of technological innovation? Will this lead to faster development of green technologies? Will Bitcoin enable new, border crossing smart grid technologies? …

Dismissal of Bitcoin because of its costs, while ignoring its benefits, is a dishonest argument. In fact, any environmental argument of this type is dishonest, not just pertaining to Bitcoin. Along similar lines, it could be argued that wind turbines are bad for the environment because making the steel structure consumes energy.

Ratio of Capital Costs versus Electrical Costs

The BFL Jalapeno hashes at 5.5 Gh/s using 30W. That device consumes about $40 per year in electricity (using U.S. residential average of about $0.15 per kWh.) But the device costs over $300 including shipping. Thus just about a quarter of all costs over a two-year useful life goes to electricity. This compares to GPUs where more than 90% of costs over a two-year life went to electricity. Even more efficient designs can be expected in the future.

en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Myths#Bitcoin_mining_is_a_waste_of_energy_and_harmful_for_ecology

God emperor Satoshi Nakamoto is preparing to move his coins as a sign to the faithful.

SATOSHI WILL MAKE BITCOIN GENTILE AGAIN

None of the "free market" fags have anything to say about money. I agree should be whatever buyer and seller agree to.

FREE MARKET IN MONEY NOW!

Bitcoin is a good start, but there's a lot of work to be done if it is to be viable as a currency.

Just let the shills have their fun.

They're a bit miffed they can't track the Goyim as good so they want to usher in the cahsless society a bit faster.

agreed.

The joke's on you - Craig Wright did provide proof, of something else entirely.

The fine individuals over at (((Blockstream))) fell into the trap nicely. Bitcoin may yet survive.

In the new blog post, Wright wrote:

"I believed that I could do this. I believed that I could put the years of anonymity and hiding behind me. But, as the events of this week unfolded and I prepared to publish the proof of access to the earliest keys, I broke. I do not have the courage. I cannot."

He went on to write that he fears the move will cause "damage" to those who helped him engage with the press, naming Bitcoin Foundation founding director Jon Matonis and former Bitcoin Core maintainer Gavin Andresen specifically, each of whom penned blog posts in support of Wright.

"I can only hope that their honour and credibility is not irreparably tainted by my actions. They were not deceived, but I know that the world will never believe that now," Wright went on to say. "I can only say I’m sorry. And goodbye."

The two other blog posts – including a more recent one that pointed to the plan to move early bitcoins – have been removed. A representative declined to offer further comment when reached.

coindesk.com/craig-wright-wont-provide-satoshi-nakamoto-proof/

What does he know and how much is he telling us?

metzdowd.com/pipermail/cryptography/2016-May/029323.html

What stops a large central bank, that essentially makes money out of thin air, from buying huge quantities of Bitcoin?

A massive demand for Bitcoin would drive the price higher correct?

This may open the door for manipulation by central banks and those that have access to easy money.

The price would correct itself in the long run, like anything that can't be made from nothing.

If they really try this they would just hyper inflate their own money. It's like saying why don't countries print money to buy gold?

i honestly thought for about a good 30 seconds that it was an image with a baby laying down next to a spread hairy man ass with no testicles. What has the fucking internet DONE to my mind?!

Bitcoin is often promoted as a tool for privacy but the only privacy that exists in Bitcoin comes from pseudonymous addresses which are fragile and easily compromised through reuse, "taint" analysis, tracking payments, IP address monitoring nodes, web-spidering, and many other mechanisms. Once broken this privacy is difficult and sometimes costly to recover.

Traditional banking provides a fair amount of privacy by default. Your inlaws don't see that you're buying birth control that deprives them of grand children, your employer doesn't learn about the non-profits you support with money from your paycheck, and thieves don't see your latest purchases or how wealthy you are to help them target and scam you. Poor privacy in Bitcoin can be a major practical disadvantage for both individuals and businesses.

Even when a user ends address reuse by switching to BIP 32 address chains, they still have privacy loss from their old coins and the joining of past payments when they make larger transactions.

Privacy errors can also create externalized costs: You might have good practices but when you trade with people who don't (say ones using "green addresses") you and everyone you trade with loses some privacy. A loss of privacy also presents a grave systemic risk for Bitcoin: If degraded privacy allows people to assemble centralized lists of good and bad coins you may find Bitcoin's fungibility destroyed when your honestly accepted coin is later not honored by others, and its decentralization along with it when people feel forced to enforce popular blacklists on their own coin.

As I write this people with unknown motivations are raining down tiny little payments on old addresses, presumably in an effort to get wallets to consume them and create evidence of common address ownership.

I think this must be improved, urgently.

-gmaxwell

bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=279249.0