Hey

hey.

since /musicprod/ has been dead for a millennia, can this board be a new refuge for general audio and music prod. discussion?

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/raboof/realtimeconfigquickscan
tucows.com/preview/502787
rondomusic.com/electricguitar.html
jackaudio.org/applications/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>>>/mu/
>>>/musicprod/

I don't mind if it's just music tech.

I've been mulling over the idea of creating an o2-like reference mic preamp + adat chips.

Because m8 they are selling those for ridiculous markup.

it would be extremely painful

For >>>/mu/

Nothing buy browser wars here, please for the love of God bring new discussion, tell any one who tells you no to fuck off.

Also this is an area of interest of mine that I know next to nothing about, so please do move here.

/mu/ doesn't give a shit.
they're all just a bunch of meme-music (vaporware) circlejerkers or failed internet artists.
they don't actually care about the Holla Forums part in music

See: >>9228994

Somebody should make a guide on how to make a DAC, a Wolfson chip is like 30 bucks but a DAC with a Wolfson chip is around 200.

Is there any decent music recording/masteirng software for GNU/Linux?

What audio do you use in Linux? I'm using alsa, but it's hard to do anything advanced with it. I've tried jack, but it kept fucking up the sound every few seconds... so it seems that the only option is pulse, which seems to be hated almost as much as systemd...

You should adjust some system settings to enable real time use. RTFM on how to pro audio, or use a babby distro like Ubuntu Studio.
From memory, one thing is to add some directives to /etc/security/limits.conf.

Also, try this tool: github.com/raboof/realtimeconfigquickscan

What are you trying to do?

let's try this post again because Holla Forums is a piece of shit

ardour

pulse
Any sound system works fine once you remove the mountain of shit that distros try to pile on top. Get a BFS-enabled kernel.

People are missing out on this patch.
It even works with grsec

Are there any programs like this, but for linux?

tucows.com/preview/502787

a simple sound generator?
Audacity has one built in.

Is there one where the pitch can be adjusted quickly? I'm looking for one with a big slider on it.

Hey I'm about to buy my first nonacoustic guitar. I have no idea what I'm doing and my budget is like 200 bucks. Electric guitars are technically Holla Forums so I'll just ask to keep this thread alive since it's a nice change from the constant system cocks war.

rondomusic.com/electricguitar.html

for that price, get Gibson or Fender knock-offs. they're cheap and tend to be better then you'd expect.
look for Aria, VIG, Cort, etc.
don't get the low-budget versions of the big manufacturers because they tend to be the absolute WORST and will break in 6 months.
the Ibanez GiO series is the worst culprit imo.

Are pawn shops good for buying guitars or should i absolutely buy new?

buying used is fine, but be sure to play around with them for a good 15+ min before buying.
if the guitar feels uncomfortable or starts to detune after only a short time, then the neck might be bent or the mechanics are fucked.
or it's just a shitty guitar.

Some of the best musicians in the world use used instruments.

As long as you know what to look for you can get a steal from not only pawn shops, but places like craigslist.

You'd be suprised how many people don't know the value of their instrument.

well, if you have a DAW then there's probably a zillion LADSPA plugins you can download that do just that.
go to KVR. they archive all that stuff

jackaudio.org/applications/

Check out the sound generator section.

Jack lets you do whatever the fuck you want.

You probably had default latency or sample rate set beyond your kernel settings, you have to enable real time kernel to properly use pro-tier audio in linux.

Similar to how Windows requires ASIO.

Feels really fucking bad man.

please explain.
I'm in need for some autism

what is MIDI you nigger

It's shit.

midi isn't audio, you shit

gas yrself

A miserable collection of bad soundfonts on Linux, also horrendous integration to different programs. DOSBox is nice for allowing ALSA ports that you can hook to qsynth. SDL is utter trash.