Why?

Why do so many people take a perfectly fine phone like the Nokia 3310 and destroy it just because of the meme that "lol 3310 is indestructable lol!''?
It's a complete waste.

Memes are too powerful my friend. They will consume the mind of weak. At first it was all joke people did not take memes seriously it was just harmless fun beating the old horse again and again. But the memes evolved. Memes are now acknowledged by American and Russian goverment. The very CIA are testing their waters here by manufacturing artificial memes and releasing them on to anonymous boards in hope they will succeed. "dat boi" is perfect example of artificial meme made by goverment/CIA. Religion is meme, Language is meme, Humans are meme. Most of you might not understand how powerful memes are but to me memes are the most powerful weapon that ever and will exist. With memes alone you can take entire countries without a single shot. The one who create memes is on par with god himself. Life itself is meme everything is repeating again and again all the suffering and happiness everyone had the same. Once you die you will be reborn or shift your consicuisness into something other this make you meme.

Do you understand? Everything is meme.

True. This also means that the memes can be used and maybe ARE being used against us. Just because certain memes are garbage, doesn't mean that other memes don't work. Islam is a meme and just look how much success it has. We need to counter it.

you're whining about some stupid asshole destroying an old mobile phone while the entire economy is based on destruction to preserve higher prices?

you dumb bitch, where do you think we are?

I don't know where we are.

You actually implying that it ain't good?

if it's good, why did they sell their entire cellphone division to Microsoft, who then closed a large part of their manufacturing in Finland?

Because sales. Just because sales aren't good that doesn't necessarily mean that the product is shit.
Oh and just to elaborate something, Nokia was good BEFORE it got bought by Microshit.

no, but it means the product is worse than competing products

Not necessarily.
Certain movies won't earn as much revenue even tho they are of higher quality then the shitty movie that everyone wants to watch (example: Disney's Frozen).
Certain video games won't sell as well as others even tho they are of higher quality.
Also, take a look at the Dreamcast console. It was good, had good games but it sold like shit for other reasons.

or maybe most people's idea of 'good' differs from yours

No, nigger. A lot of it has to do with the marketing and how it appeals to the lowest common denominator. Generally stuff that is really good doesn't appeal that much to the typical faggot.

ok pal, I'm sure you're so much better than those filthy normal people

I never said that normal people are filthy. Simply put, normal people won't really look that far for good movies if a bunch of great looking movies are already being massively advertised at them. That is simply reality and it cannot be changed.

You're a libertarian, aren't you?

He's talking about common reactions from most people to marketing - he's not one of the reeee brothers.

are you serious? and i thought that's common knowledge by now

given that Betamax couldn't record more than 60 minutes per tape, I'd say VHS was better for sure

your post is now a meme

Why do you care? The primary reason we "donate" old electronics to the 3rd world is because it's the cheapest way of deposing of the heavy metals and toxins within.

It's called "planned obsolecence" and "engineered failure", shit is made to break and if they make something too good and it just keeps working they will advertise all the things the new one does as a reason to replace your old one.
When people say "they don't make X like they use to" they are right. When there were many small businesses competing they all produced good products to gain the edge over the competition, now there are only a handful of parent corporations that own most manufacturers and they have entered a oligopoly to insure higher profits for all.

Wait - what if a meme was made viral in another form? What if that form for memes became viral? Over millions of possibilities. :D

I owned a Betamax, they had 90 minute tapes within the year and ended up with 3 hour tapes by the time the platform was abandon.
Please never pretend everything popular is automatically good, that is just stupid

No you don't understand. Ther market is always perfect and there is no such thing as advertising, marketing or propaganda.

nothing is perfect, but if you have a better way to allocate scarce resources, please tell

it's also the same with corn etc., they used to burn it shoveling into train engines, nowadays they got more fancy calling it bio gas

does corn really hold enough energy to be useful as train fuel?

Fire is fire, it just makes things harder for the guy stuck shoveling it in.

If you don't at least pause to question frivolous destruction, then your idea of value becomes questionable.
Your opinion on the destruction is subjective and not necessarily right or wrong, but while in a society, the question should at least be posed for a even a fleeting moment to ask if either the destruction or retention of the object will provide more benefit, not just to you, but in a general sense.

In short, there is no fault in asking.

I care because not everyone wants the new touch screen phones, because these phones were genuinely well made and thus they last much longer then todays phones (which is also why there is so much electronic waste nowadays, people just throw their phones aways for the newest one and because they don't last long).
I just can't help the fact that seeing faggots destroy a bunch of phones because of a stale meme triggers my autism.

It's just a test honestly - would've just ended up sitting in a garbage pile anyways. But yaah - prefer the stronger ones over the flashier ones.