PS4 mining?

Hey guys, I was given a PS4 that I don't use too often, so I was wondering if I could use it for mining cryptocurrencies. Is it possible? If so, how do I do it? Is it profitable? Should this go in one of the stickies? Pic unrelated.

Other urls found in this thread:

ethereum.stackexchange.com/questions/14/what-proof-of-work-function-does-ethereum-use
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

ps4 is a mediocre computer
cryptocurrency mining went from cpus to gpus to asics
the ps4 runs bsd and isn't likely to be cracked soon
no, not worth it

I've made ~$100 in the last month sitting on my ass while my computer mines for me.

Thanks for the tip. I'll just stick to PC mining.

specs and pics or it didn't happen

My graphics card is an AMD r9380x. I mine ethereum then trade it into bitcoin.

Does that even cover the electric bill used to mine?

I have a pretty beefy computer and a pretty outrageous security rate and I only come to something like $35 for a month of continuous use.

Man I have some fucked up brain stuff going on today.

I don't pay the electrical bill, but even if I did, it covers it by a wide margin.

Former Cryptocurrency miner here.

If you could have somehow hacked a PS4 to do mining, it would have made you mere pennies three years ago. Today it would make you nothing.

You need ASICs, and have for a long time now.

Pretty surprised anyone is still making a profit off this. Do you think it's worth it to upgrade hardware just to do some mining?

Sorry, live on the other coast.

I know Holla Forums seems to be pretty opposed to mining, but I think it's profitable. At my rates my card is going to pay for itself in two months, could be faster or slower based on the prices.

what miner are you using? What graphics card do you have?

I tried to get back into the mining scene a while ago but I didn't see any returns. I'd like to know how close our hardware is before I contemplate it myself if that's okay with you.

I'm mining ethereum with a r9380x, using the standard client. You can't mine bitcoin nowadays, so what us small guys have to do is mine an alt coin and trade into bitcoin.

JUST GET A JOB

Jobs are for losers.

OP is mining ethereum (or, I think the currency itself is called ether) which supposedly has a proof-of-work function that renders ASICs useless

>ethereum.stackexchange.com/questions/14/what-proof-of-work-function-does-ethereum-use

I made $4000 slacking off at work.

I've tried this. It doesn't work.

Damn, ~$100 for being a lazy fuck? How do I start mining this shit fam?

If you want to mine sell it and use the money for something that's more powerful/open.