Post your comics

For those aspiring comic artists or those who just do it for a hobby, post comics that you made and lets discuss them.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLtG4P3lq8RHFBeVaruf2JjyQmZJH4__Zv
floobynooby.com/pdfs/gesturedrawingforanimation.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

what the hell is STRANGE STALESE

2/8

Sorry, that is suppose to be Strange Tales, t

dammit, stupid computer.

4 out of 8, sorry for the repeat.

5/8

6/8

7/8

8/8

Well that was eight pages of nothing.

Take some art lessons kiddo
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLtG4P3lq8RHFBeVaruf2JjyQmZJH4__Zv

I'm not really invested in the plight of knock off Monkey D Luffy here

So ghost parents want their kid to die and join them?

So they where actually demons right? For all I know, the parents are actually alive waiting for Luffy to come back from painting fences with Huckleberry Finn.

thats funny dude.

Could be worse, least my comic is making dank memes.

?

I was actually trying to go for that disney style, but I hadn't a clue those two couples looked so similar. jeez I haven't seen that movie in ages.

Well, whether strawhats are forever ownership of retarded pirate captains or not, my point still remains. I know its a short story, but no real buildup, just a kid that dies when upon seeing ghost parents. It would make for a good opening for another story like.

>"Get this, this ain't the first time this dank old building been know for making corpses."

You get my point.
There is no real reason for why running towards the ghosts would mean death MV. Sure if you see ghosts you should probably think about your next course of actions, or run the hell away, but still.

well they aren't demons. There was no suggestion that they were. they are always smiling and so is the kid. He even died peacefully. I see what your point is, but that simply is not how the comic created.

also, I left the kids death ambiguous, the audience was never meant to know how he died, just that he did.

I don't think anyone really cares that much how he died. Why would we? I think the touching and mysterious moment you were going for might've fallen completely flat because we don't know this character and we don't spend any time with him until his parents and dead and then he's dead. It's like telling me a sock has cancer and wondering why I'm not sad about it. Trang Stalese, the character's name, needs more development if you want us to give a shit that he falls over in a church.

Alright alright, this is the kinda of criticism we're looking for, constructive.

Thanks and where did you come up with that name?

I'm stealing "Trang Stalese" as a name for my own use

thanks shill op

10/10

also, it's great that you did something OP. Starting and finishing is a huge problem for people, but you really need to get your foundations. Gesture, perspective, anatomy. form, porportions. These are the very basics you need to have down before attempting something like a comic.
read
floobynooby.com/pdfs/gesturedrawingforanimation.pdf
and also the famous artist cartoon course went public domain, so that's worth checking out as well.

thanks for the critique and resources user.

This technically goes in the OC thread

See, What I wanted to do with this thread was to expand out from character design and discuss other things as well (page layouts, story, coloring, technical skill).

this thread focus less on the characters and more along the lines of finished comic book, short or long.

I get ghost parents weren't actually evil, and its something the kid wanted, but still, "come join us in death Luffy, we will be happy together" isn't something you could consider to be a "good thing".

Not to mention it seems like the kid has no idea that they are about to die.

Problem is, any one of those things could take up a thread of its own. Will Eisner wrote entire books on paneling. As I said, for now work on your artistic foundations before going after visual story telling. Now something I personally don't know, is how to gauge when your ready, so definitely hold on to your ability to start and finish things, even if they don't pay off like this one.

Thanks, I'll be sure to do that.

yeah I just realized that. but why did you name the kid that?

A display of influence from anime is already bad, but being influenced by anime at all is even worse. You're essentially taking inspiration from the Michael Bay of the cartoon world. First rule of creation: get inspiration from the greats, not from the bottom. Nobody created anything worthwhile by reading Twilight and thinking "I want to do this!" And no, Fifty Shades of Grey doesn't count. Not unless all you're interested in is making money, and even then you probably won't anyway, not unless you want to be the next Jeph Jacques and appeal to 100% of the dipshit hipster crowd, and trust me and his hand, it's not doing Jeph's mental health much good.

If you're young, this is fine. You're just starting off, just making something for yourself. You need something you can later look back on and say "this was awful." But to get to the looking back part, you have to advance first. That means wanting to do better. That means leaving anime behind. Yes, all of it. My short fast advice would be to attempt to find some old ma and pa video rental store where you can get old tapes or DVDs for cheap for a few days, look for the "classics" section, and start renting. Ignore the old war movies from the 50s though, those were made for mere spectacle and barely have any story. Story is what you're looking for. You're on the right track when you can name 10 superior movies for every 1 anime you've ever liked. You're well on you're way when all of those 10 movies were made before you were born. No, Disney cartoons don't count, especially not from the 90s.

It's not easy. It's work, and a lot of it, and not all of it even directly involves making the comic itself. That's the reality of creation. You're not going to casually fire off the next great beloved comic book. You're doing to have to try to do it better than every single other person out there. Fortunately, comics is a medium where people settle for the middle or the bottom. If you want to do things right, you have to start by finding out what people do wrong.

Is this a copy pasta? I don't think anyone even mention animu this entire thread aside from the Luffy jab.

If MV the OP is still here, I would like to hear more about Trang Stalese adventures through the after life. Some weird ass Riverworld shit.

OP I liked your comic when it had bigass robots and sorcerers banging extradimensional girls.

I'm working on a Super Sentai fancomic, and saw this thread. I'll just share some pages.

oh boy

My body is ready

"The crystal was carefully examined by government officials."

"Both NASA and CIA officials shared these shards for research."

how many pages?

Just so I know when it will be done and to give a critique.

It was just a place holder name, I was on a schedule and couldn't think of anything better. but robots, sorcerers and Extra dimensional girls would have made this story pretty cool.

I was thinking of trying some other ideas, but I was thinking of revisiting the world of Trang Stalese in the future.

Only a few, but I'm not counting.

That's all I'm gonna post for tonight.

bumping for some replies and compliments.

Alright, it's shit and you're shit.

knock it off.

I'll critique when you post the rest. anyone else can comment when they want.

k, thanks

Oooh boy

This is all I've got. It was originally going to be a semi-autobiographical strip about the fucking customers I had to deal with whilst working in a copy shop. I stopped after one because the boss almost caught me.

It's shit. And the customer is a composite of three people. I could tell such stories about old people abusing copy machines, you people would weep in horror.

I actually find this one funny, imo

Who the fuck let underage cocksuckers who get upset at being told they're shit onto Holla Forums?
Go back to 4chan.

At least the 'joy' user seems to be a troll, but OP is either just really good at trolling, or honestly underage. Either way, fuck off.

and yet, you're getting upset about someone who's barely even upset about it

I like how you kept the main character pretty plain looking. if this was a series, the focus should be on the weird customers so that the audience can project themselves on the main character.

other than your basic art skills, I think you should add some pizazz to the background. some equipment, pictures or even just a simple gradient. Try and keep them simple so that focus is kept on the characters, this can be done by making any objects simplified.

Why does the woman keep changing the subject? First she wants the product ringed up, then she talks about her son dying in the war, then talked about her ESP when some nazis stabbed her.

Im not really a fan of gross out humor, but that is just an opinion and if thats what you like, keep doing it.

what's so wrong with that?

She's old. I once got trapped by a horrible bitch who was so senile and lonely, she kept me at the desk for TWO HOURS changing subjects as fast as she could to keep me there, not giving me any chance to politely move on with my life. I was almost insane by the end of it. Nothing would make her leave until the manager finally showed up from his 2-hour "coffee break" and kicked her ass out.

Stabbed her son. She felt it when he died.

Dude, if you only knew the kinds of weird shit your average copy-monkey deals with on a daily basis. ESPECIALLY in an area thick with seniors who obsess about hard copies because they fear the computer and think the internet is some kind of Ronco fishing product.

I used to go on another site and write little biographies of my customers for the amusement of the other users. While everyone loved the majority of the bios, no one believed me that these people were real or that I hadn't embellished their weird behavior.

I dunno. Maybe one of these days I'll dust off the screen captures and write a book. I'll have to wait until the customers are dead, though. So probably a year?

Well I don't, so its up to you to make sure your audience understands. I may have understood because you gave me a description, but if you just showed this to someone, they would have no idea what this was.

and also, can you please censor pics like that next time, no one wants to see that.

Damn, you draw better than the guy who actually does One Piece

Please tell me you're not actually getting triggered about the perceived unprofessional execution of a throwaway comic I did 7 years ago. It was never meant to see the light of day. I only threw it up here for the hell of it.

I don't believe that to be the case. I think everyone likes to know that love endures.

It does, but not like this- *bleagh*

Oops. I guess no one told you this: Namefags aren't actually allowed an opinion. Sorry.

that's sweet, but its still gross looking.

Is this shit called Strange Stalese?

No user, you are the demons.

Yes and no. It was called strange tales, but that was just a place holder because I couldn't think of anything else. because of the strange way I wrote the title, some snobs were confused and added the S and E from "S"trang"E" and put them one Tales, thus, "S"trang"E" Tales became Trang "S"tales"E". Honestly, the title has grown on me.

I'll be honest, I don't think you drew this comic.
I think this is someone's comic and you either know the author or by chance you found it and it's super obscure and you came here claiming to be the author so you can clown the real author even harder.
Don't get me wrong, it's a fun way to make a thread.

Don't mind if I do.

You know I could say the same thing about the comics you posted and it would be just as unsubstantiated.

On the subject of YOUR comic, I like how your idea is to have the main characters being a happy girly girl and a goth girl. The potential interactions could be great. You also have great grasp of backgrounds and angles.

I doodle occasionally about /m/ or /toy/ shit

I don't know nothing bout the first 2, but losing a piece of my toys was the bane of my existence as a child, which is why the 3rd pic really hits me.

bump.

What you mean bump?