George lucas and legends of tomorrow because why the fuck not

ew.com/tv/2016/12/27/legends-tomorrow-george-lucas/
EW can exclusively reveal that a younger version of George Lucas will appear in the winter premiere.

“Because of circumstances, the time aberration in episode 209 is George Lucas quits film school,” executive producer Marc Guggenheim tells EW. “As a result, he never makes Star Wars or Raiders of the Lost Ark. As a result, Ray, who became an engineer because of Star Wars, and Nate, who became a historian because of Raiders, slowly start to lose their brilliance, because those things that inspired them to become who they are didn’t exist.”

That sounds so stupid.

I see no problem with this. American Graffiti and THX 1138 were his superior films.

I wonder what would have happened to Kike and Susan without the Plinkett reviews.

Seriously who writes this shit?

Quality american television :DDD

And then cinema would die after the New Hollywood era

How is this a bad thing? Television and movies are mostly shit entertainment to begin with.

Have you seen what Disney did to Star Wars? I'd say that's an understatement.

But isn't the New Hollywood the fault of Spielberg not Lucas?

user read the star wars comics by Marvel and realize that is right. Its far worse than you can imagine.

AND Lucasfilm, let's be fair

user, that means no Star Wars games. No LucasArts games at all actually.

The dig was shit.

This is the stupidest shit I've ever read

It depends on what you mean by 'fault'. Coppola, with The Godfather, Spielberg with Jaws and Lucas with Star Wars are some of the people responsible for changing the landscape of Hollywood and Coppola with One from the Heart and Michael Cimino, with Heaven's Gate, are two of the people responsible for destroying that landscape.

If the Legion of Doom wants to fuck with movies and change history, why don't they just sabotage Code of the Secret Service so the guy who saves Reagen's life never joins the secret service?

Probably because, in the minds of the almost-certainly liberal writers, the Legion of Doom are dang, dirty Republicans who probably worship Ronald Reagan

Wanting to make awesome shit because of Star Wars makes sense. A guy becoming a historian because of Raiders not so much.

Not really. This is the same level of thinking as 'Lots of women won't become scientists or engineers because of the failure of Cisbusters'.
If fucking Stars Wars didn't come along and do whatever it did for Science Fiction, something else would have.

There's really nothing theoretically wrong with this plotline aside form the fact that it's The Big Bang theory tier movie references.

Seems perfectly logical.

Yes, there is. Firstly it's yet another misappropriation of butterfly effect, the whole point of which is that you can't predict shit with absolute certainty. Secondly, on a less philosophical level, the plot isn't that these characters stop being a historian and a scientist because fucking Star Wars and Indiana Jones weren't there to inspire them. The plot is that they lose their brilliance, as if to suggest that the fucking films made them what they are, and not years of intensive study and hard work.

It's a stupid plotline and the Big Bang Theory-tier references really don't help

I assumed by "lose their brilliance" it meant they slowly lost their science/history skills because they never studied them and went into… sports and disability buxs instead.

Shit on american movies and television all you want. Other countries produce far shitter films and televison than America ever could.

found the baby boomer

Why the fuck would disney who owns marvel be okay woth them including star wars and indiana jones related storylines ina show based on DC characters

I wonder…

understatement indeed..

Because you can't copyright history plus there owned by the same (((people))) ;)

This. RIP Star Wars. You'll live on in my memories.

Britain does it better.
Japan does it so much better it's not even a contest, it's just pitiful watching dog shit american animation still being done in adobe flash.

Not to shit on foreign shows but I thought Doctor Who was going down the shitter. Is the BBC itself going down the shitter?

Who does the best horror movies? Japanese?Thai? Fillipinos? Koreans?

Yes, it's already there.

I wish I knew, I like horror when it isn't done with jump scares/gore.

Speaking as a Brit, British TV is shit. The best British show on TV is probably Game of Thrones and A it's shit now and B it's American made

British dramas are the best live action television airing right now.

AG is a time transcending masterpiece.
I recently watched for the first time, and god damn is it good.

Named some examples