Sonic Boom season 2 predictions

SB will be having new episodes this fall. Any thoughts on what they'll be about? More of the same bland humor? More focus on the only likible characters (i.e. Knux and Eggman) ? More shitting on SJW's?

I'm hoping it's gonna pull a Gumball. As in the new season will be much better and less awkward than the first season same when they improved Gumball's humor from "MC is a dumbass ha ha" to something more akin to Simpsons and Spongebob in their golden era.

Anyone got that webm of Sonic being red pilled as fuck?

Thanks mang

There'll be more Shadow the Hedgehog, and he'll deliver all the mind-numbing, witless edginess the fanboys crave.

I actually like Blue Arms Sonic, mostly because he's less of an interpretation of a character and more of his own character. Like if I see game! Sonic and Blue Arms interact it would actually be interesting seeing that Blue Arms is the more cynical

Can they also meet every other cartoon incarnation of Sonic?

I like him, I just don't like the design. It doesn't work well in 3d, what they've done to the model. the 2d character designs I saw for him in the game looked much better.

It also feels like a weird mishmash of things that don't belong

Bluearms actually matches up somewhat well with the Sonic shown in more recent games, Sonic's been a cynical bastard since roughly Colors though Boom's is more hands-on with it.

Either way Boom's identifiably his own incarnation rather than just Sonic with parkour tape and it's a nice way of doing it.

more Fuzzy Puppy Buddies

Robotnik resurrects the SSSSS Squad and Sonic Sez don't climb in a dryer

Yeah, and Nu52 Superman is a great character design too. :^)

Personally, I would keep Sonic's design the same as the main games, with the exception of making his scarf red instead of brown to keep the color theme consist.

I'm not a fan of SB characters design overall due to the fact that its a clash of themes. The main characters are bulit for action but they end up doing more comedic stuff. I mind a Sonic cartoon that focuses on comedy, but even then there were only a few moments that stuck. Now is it a complete failure? No, it has some room for improvement, especially in its animation and re-used assets. The far backgrounds for most of show are just flat planes. SB is also labelled as an adventure show, and having them expand their enviorments to explore other areas would be interesting.

From what I'm hearing it's sounds decent. Is it worth watching for just leaving it on the background while I lurk/ vidya? I do this with avengers assemble too

Unfornately, most of the jokes are verbal humor so yeah.

I've never watched a single Sonic series, or if I did, it was when I was very young and I don't remember it anymore.
Since I'm recently giving a shot to every single bigger Holla Forums-related franchise (ones that have multiple cartoon/vidya/toy lines to them), I wanted to try sonic as well.
Anything decent to start with?

Sounds like Teen Titans GO

If you want to start from best to worst, you can follow this tier list.

That would explain the after-taste of shit.

Context? This is pretty fucking redpilled

IIRC, Sonic doesn't remember the name of a villager he saved (or said villager actually helped in a minor way). So he blurts out "he's just some guy".

Amy (who otherwise hasn't been an SJW) goes full SJW and decides to hold some sort of intervention so Sonic isn't a jerk.

I don't know if the villager was a stooge of Eggman's, or he just take advantage of the situation.

Nostalgia Critic said that The Adventures of Sonic the hedgehog was bad though…

Its really weird compared to the main series, but only because it was made during a time where Sonic lore was non-existence. Its actually really funny slapstick-wise.

Yeah aosth could be pretty great with its visual and slapstick gags, but sometimes that show made me cringe real bad with its humor and plot ideas. Still one of the better sonic shows. Satam is overrated.

Yet he admitted he hated the show for comic effect

I'd honestly put Satam higher. Yeah, it can be furry bait, but if you ignore the hype of it being "darker and edgier huehuehue" from its fans and ignore its root to the cartoon, it's actually a really decent action cartoon. Adventures of Sonic had really lackluster dialogue but the animation, especially Robotnik, is just so weird yet imaginative. Like the animators went, why not? Reminds me why I love animation.

It's endearing in its sloppiness.

Satam is just way too boring. I keep rewatching it every now and then to understand why people like it and I almost fall asleep each time. There's nothing really bad about it (except that one episode that was two 10 minute filler episodes put in one) but there was nothing great about it either (except for perhaps Dr. Robotnik)

That was the moment I was done with Nostalgia Critic. I had a short reflection of my life when that review came out.

It's meme material at best.

im guessing that the middle one is satam

is the top one the movie? or what is it?

It's the movie.

The OVA.

Supposedly, it was orginally a two-part pilot episode for a Sonic anime. But it never got green-lit and ended up being just a one-time animated movie.

Still makes me mad to this day. The only big flaw about this version is Sara and a little bit of the animu tropes. Other than that, its the most faithful of the Sonic cartoons.

Shit taste

Do you really want to hear the English dub?

You don't wanna hear the English dub.

most seiyuus actually take their jobs serious, their entire career is voice acting and most seiyuus end up as big as hollywood stars

see Shuichi Ikeda or Tōru Furuya

I don't know what it is, but I really don't like how this show looks like.
don't know if it's the lighting, the rendering engine or something else.
something just looks really… cheap.
like that ladybug show.
it just looks like bootleg bulgarian animation.

Do people actually wake up at 6 am just to watch this show, or do they just watch it online?

Its most likely due to time restrictions. Comparing SB pilot episode with every other episode, you can that the animation team got split into two groups; one where the rendering is good but the movement is stiff and boring, and the other has good animation but shit rendering. Because of this, not all the episodes are going to be visually consistant.

Personally, I would love for the show to be 2D frame animation. All of SB's 2D illustrations actually look slightly better than the 3D models. Plus it would get rid of the need to repeat 3D models and props in later episodes.

But user, I like the english dub.

maybe if they're six but otherwise they watch it online.

Fucking hell, this face is killing me

Honestly, though, I would like to see more animation like that of the first gif, except, you know, polished.

Loved the LEGO Movie and Peanuts Movie stop-motion approaches in 3D, I want to see it more often in years to come.

That's not stop-motion, the gif just came out shitty. Its from episode 37, where Eggman jumps into the mech and just automatically clicks into the cockpit.

Also, earlier when Dave's inside the robot, his shading is in the default shader.

God Dave inside of the robot looks almost transformers beast wars level of 3d animation.

Mike Pollock is still the best part of Sonic.

sonic boom is awesome. anyone who disagrees is a faggot.

also requesting the "oops one too many" webm.

Nigga have you not been reading this thread?

AoSTH is what the franchise should've been like

I can promise you Sonic wouldn't have half the autistic crap going for it, if it had stayed a poor man's Looney Tunes instead of the many attempts to make it "serious"

It's so good people can't name more than the same three jokes they like

No, it should've been like the OVA, with maybe less weeb stuff.

Mike Pollock is the only saving grace of this show. He's single-handedly making what would be complete garbage actually watchable.

Can we get an Eggman game already? I want to kidnap cute animals and shove them into deadly robots.

Nostalgia Critic could start showing off his cock sucking skills on youtube, would you become a cocksucker?

He got lucky for replacing a now-dead VA in the video games. And then he ended up being the only 4Kids actor retained.

Dave is great, I liked the episode that focused on him and how much of a shit bad guy he was.

SONIC'S ARMS AREN'T FUCKING BLUE YOU MOTHERFUCKING NIGGERS HOLY SHIT KILL YOURSELF

Is it just me or is Sonic getting more smugger as the years fly by?

He's got tude

Now that I think about it; Why are Amy's arms still peach-beige but Sonic's arms changed the blue? Not to sound like Chris-chan, but the design choices for Sonic seem pointless. Then again, I could say that for almost every character on SB.

Also, are we ever going to get some form of flashback episode explaining why Sticks is part of the Sonic crew?

I would assume in this universe she was just always

He's some guy Knuckles is hanging out with and when Sonic's like "oh shit we gotta go fight off Eggman" the guy's like "oh can I come too!?"

I fucking love when everybody just goes crazy like literally batshit insane

Like the protags including Amy happily plugging themselves in a cannon to be launched around for shits and giggles

He's kinda gone back and forth over the years.

It's like his creative surrogates are always changing

Maybe the blue arms are supposed to represent Sonic being older than the game Sonic? Or maybe it has to do with the Darker Male, Paler Female trope?

Its set in its own universe user, so that would make much sense.

First off, that trope is used more on skin tone, plus Perci, Stick, as well as every other female character's arms are the same color as their fur.
Secondly, if that trope was applied, either Sonic's arms would be beige or amy's arms would be pink. If anything, the SB character designers fucked up on making Amy's arms flesh tone.

Why does this show hate consistency so much?

Fuck I'm really starting to sound like Chrischan, kill me.

Sonic being 15 has never really been relevant, other than to make him "cooler" to kids than Mario

You should also check "Episode 49 - Role Models"

Okay, let's pretend the writers actually wanted to give some form plot to SB. Give some story points after most episodes. They could use Shadow as the "villian behind the shadows". Throw in a chaos emerald or two every episode or so, have the Sonic crew look for them before Eggman gets them.

A good episode idea would be that Knuckles gets a new girlfriend, who asked him to bring the emerald that Sonic and the rest recently found. This girlfriend is revealed to be Rouge, and tries to convince Knuckles to abandon his friends and trust to her only. Knuckles, being the idiot he is, gives Rouge the emerald but decided to stay with his friends because from his prepective, he's choosing his best friends over the emerald and Rouge.

Eventually in the Season finale, Shadow is able to get all 7 emeralds and goes Super Shadow. Flexing his power, he blows Eggman's base to pieces and starts destroying the village. The Sonic crew tries to stop him, but failed. But, at the last second, Shadow loses the emeralds in some comedic form (Probably by Eggman and his "Emerald-Magnet" idk). Sonic get a hold of the emeralds, he goes super and kicks Shadow straight off the island. The day is saved, obligatory message about friendship, and a quick joke to finish off Season 2.

My point is Comedy and Action/Adventure aren't seperate things, yet SB can't mix these genres right.

Why the fuck is it so stuff Jesus christ

Where's the Sonic movie? Is it number one?

Last I heard, Shadow's entire shtick in Sonic Boom is that absolutely no one takes him seriously.

No.

Yes.

>>>/reddit/