I just watched deadpool memepool deaddit memeddit memeddit xD today

I just watched deadpool memepool deaddit memeddit memeddit xD today.
I think X men origins: wolverine might have been a better movie.

Other urls found in this thread:

deadline.com/2016/03/the-tick-peter-serafinowicz-lead-title-character-amazon-pilot-1201724641/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No you didn't

Eh, The Tick was always a better superhero parody anyway.

I was very suspcious going in, but they actually did a good job. It was less Memepool and more the Deadpool that doesn't suck ass.

Passion-project on Ryan Reynolds' part, he was doing Deadpool as he remembered Deadpool so no modern "HEY LOOK DUBS" Memepool.

The worst you can say about it is that the movie pokes too much fun at itself, if only to make up for its low budget.

Looking forward to the new show?

You mean jokes like "we can only afford to show two X-Men blokes"?

THE WHAT

deadline.com/2016/03/the-tick-peter-serafinowicz-lead-title-character-amazon-pilot-1201724641/

Unpopular Opinion time: I think it was a better Wolverine movie than any Wolverine movie, because at least with the R-Rating they could show the protag brutally maiming people and in turn getting hurt (and then regenerating). I'm not saying the movie is good simply because it has an R-Rating, I'm not even saying its good…just that at least for once we got an undying protagonist who like to use lethal force actually able to cut people.

Wasn't that ad-libbed by Reynolds and kept? And that's hardly the worst joke in the movie.

You didn't actually watch the movie, did you OP?

Can't wait for the R-rated Wolverine

Live action?

aka completely popular opinion, bordering on "exactly the general public opinion", but by calling it "unpopular" I can pretend that I'm special and I think for myself

reddit in a nutshell

Looks like it

He obviously meant unpopular in regards to Holla Forums.
Of course he'd have tons of upvotes, asspats, dicksucks, anuslicks, and whatever else reddit offers if he posted that on their site.
But he didn't post it there, he posted it on the site where every superhero movie is regularly referred to as shit.

It was pretty good except for

Movie was alright. Action was fun, jokes were hit-or-miss. Like one in four jokes was actually funny, but the ones that weren't didn't annoy me too much. At least not as much as they could have.

Also they didn't make him ugly enough.

You can't make Ryan too ugly

The fucking taxi driver had better assassination skills than this absolute tool.
Other then that, it was a okay movie, but way better because my expectations were underground, ready for the Memepool. Things just seem better when you expect them to give you cancer but they don't. Anyway, had some good fights but I could never shake off the low budget feeling. Not that the movie pointing it out helps.

My brother of African American ancestry

The villain was the worst part of the film, I'd say. Just a generic douchebag for Deadpool to rage against, practically a nobody.

This is weak bait.

Of course not. If he actually did he'd realise that Deadpool never memes. He makes quips and popular culture references, and he breaks the fourth wall, but he never memes.

His opinion wouldn't be unpopular or even uncommon here.

People generally agree that the Wolverine movies could have been much better if Fox didn't try to make them family movies. When Wolverine says shit like 'I'm the best at what I do. But what I do best isn't very nice' there's this sense that the audience has to believe it.

Doesn't help that he was also as thick as a fucking brick, even before he showed how shit an assassin he is.

I wonder if the sequel will be worse.

If Apocalypse reactions are to be believed, it suffered partly from being too obsessed with the spectacle of the effects and not having good people or actors for the characters. Fox could very easily make it worse by focusing more on effects and less on what makes Deadpool… Deadpool.

That's just speculation on my part. I'll try and see this movie eventually, but I think I'll have the reaction everyone else had when people were hyping up The Dark Knight. I don't mean 'Wow everyone said this was good and it was shit', I mean more like 'Yeah, it's good, but it's not the best thing comic book movies have ever produced'.

Think the movie made it pretty obvious he was just a sadist who liked inflict pain on people.

I think the studio might give Miller a certain amount of creative freedom with the sequel because the first film made almost as much as Batman vs Superman despite A) having a much smaller budget and B) being barred from being shown in China, where most of these films seem to make big money.

The problem with Apocalypse is mostly, if not completely, Bryan Singer.

Still doesn't change the fact he's fucking retarded. I really wish this movie didn't have such a boring and retarded villain. It wasn't full of memes and it was surprisingly enjoyable, so it just sucks that it got stuck with Deadpool hunting down an Eastenders character.

Considering all the real world diseases and disorders out there that will fuck your face up, I found it unintentionally entertaining how lack luster his face looked in comparison.

The fact most of you enjoyed the terrible "lol, social networks!", "lol, pop culture references" and "lol, asses and genitals" humor is enough proof that you are all no better than redditchan.

yeah basically. also could have dialed back the meta stuff a few clicks.

wow

wew, fellas, need more straws to grasp onto?

he's not wrong though.

ok

I enjoyed it. It wasn't the best movie in the world and much of the humor fell flat, but at the very least it was entertaining and I'm glad I watched it.

The fuck are you talking about OP? Deadpool has always had a heavy lean to lolsorandum humor, but the movie managed to be much more true to the essence of the character than the newer iterations.

It was a solid film, probably one of the better superhero films to come out in recent memory.

wow

I found that funny

It was a movie for millennials and idiots who get a kick out of nerd culture references. That's it. The humor was try hard as hell and LOL tier. There were a few good scenes, and I can count on one hand the amount of times it actually got me to laugh.

All the people who seem to like it in this thread makes me think we are getting raided.

Adrenaline is adrenaline is adrenaline, but I think a genuine fear for one's own life is the deciding factor.

You get an adrenaline rush from riding a roller coaster and from seeing a car fall on your friend, but only one of those situations is going to give your the surge of strength to lift that car.

Word. I'm beginning to feel that way, myself.

Marvel films, MCU and otherwise, have always had complaints about lackluster villains.

My mother, of all people, expressed an interest in seeing Deadpool, so I went to see it with her. At one point I leaned over and said, "If that one woman stayed with her soldier husband who basically doesn't have a face anymore, there's no way there isn't an army of women who would still bone Ryan Reynolds, even with that face."

As did I. I thought it was even funnier that he backed out of it. "Nope! Nope. Nope…"

For the record, I enjoyed the movie.

fucking thank you.

Bait?
Bait.

Guess I'll give it a watch

You apparently seem to think that there is no middle ground between "This movie is abhorrent to the point that I wish death on everyone involved" and "OMG THIS MOVIE IS SO GREAT DON'T YOU AGREE REDDIT? XD".

It is entirely possible to be entertained by a movie without believing it is the best film in the world, or even putting it in one's top ten. I question why you seem to think the only choices are "hate it" or "be literal normalfag".

There is also middle ground between "movie made to appeal to everyone" and "movie made to appeal specifically to active redditors and 9gag users"
But this movie was not in that middle ground, it was strictly in the latter category.

The core plot was okay for a cape flick, and a few jokes worked - like Colossus being a childish hero stereotype, or the running gag with the taxi driver - but Deadpool himself was clearly written to appeal to your standard normalfag, with jokes that are just barely not-pg, but never take any risks and references that will be outdated by the end of this decade.
Ass jokes, 4th wall breaking and self-referential humor work great, but with dialogue about "the poop emoji" and "I know, I follow your instagram" they take it a step too far into cringe territory.

Did Deadpool had those 3 other voices in his head?
How were the jokes? Was average compared to the Deadpool video game?
Was Deadpool charming and suave enough?
And my last question of the day is…how can I convince you to check out this board? 8ch.pl/fim/

I'm pretty sure most people who enjoyed this movie can easily be convinced to go there.

you know you can just outright say you think everyone in this thread is retarded.

nice quads

Yeah, that was my point.
thanks

He referenced 80s bands and 80s films. They were already outdated. That's what made them funny.

then it's nostalgic/timeless

you mean top fad of 201X, "nostalgia for the times that I did not even live in"?

Pretty sure Ryan Reynolds lived in the 80s.

14 by the time the 80s ended.
Daily reminder that 80s were almost 40 years ago.

Deadpool did not have wacky voices in his head.

Didn't see the game's jokes, all I know is the one where Deadpool can scream FUCK YOU at Nolan North his own voice actor so I appreciate at least that one. But considering game Deadpool seemed to lean too hard into Waypool, I can only assume the movie's jokes are better.

Deadpool was a violent hedonistic foul degenerate, so totally accurate.

No I'm not going to your board.

Sorry, I don't enjoy a movie that's humor consists of pointing out how "nerdy" it is with shit that is mainstream as all fuck. The first five minutes there is an adventure time reference, then we move to a Star Wars and Voltron reference soon after. Oh, but them there's the hilarious parts where we get to see Ryan pee in his own sink, get pegged on national women's day, or fap while nuzzling some weird unicorn statue. Hilarious. Again, to say the movie was all trash wouldn't be fair. The whole scene where he was getting turned into a mutant was good… but that's really all I can give it.

Also, they cut out his multiple personalities and just made him a quirky hero.

Kill yourself.

Still a part of the character, he's suppose to be fucking insane, not just some quirky hero for tumblr.

I'd honestly say it's the best marvel movie except maybe the original two spider man movies.

A character written by a fucking moron who wrecked the previous character he was supposed to be writing.

Also voices in the head is what made him into a quirky hero for Tumblr you fucking fag.

It was a good movie because it was legitimately funny. It was funnier than the comics, the comics are written very often by people who aren't comedians or funny people in general, so the comic version of Deadpool goes a long way in a couple of pages, while the movie works consistently from beginning to end.

Much like virtue signalling SJWs, showing up to say "Deadpool wasn't funny" is merely an attempt to broadcast how superior your sense of humor is supposed to be (according to you). "I have a great sense of humor" is the first thing that every easily offended faggot says. Having a terrible sense of humor will always be superior to having a great sense of humor. Punching down will always be better than punching up.

Oh yes how funny. Beating the "4th wall" horse to a bloody pulp is super funny.
Dragging a joke on for far too long as an attempt to make a laugh out of "look we keep going with the same joke isn't that weird" is super funny. Ha! Deadpool's face isn't good! That's 10 minutes of the same joke right there.

Fuck off man. Going the "people with standards are just elitists" nonsense means you're willingly sucking hobo dick.

You realise that you've sort of proven his point?

He's positioned himself so that ANY response is favorable to him. That's only the case if you're already operating under his retarded framework.

Nu-uh, see, I'm better than you, and if you disagree or try to disprove my point, that means you're sour about me being better than you.
And if you don't respond, that means you're crying in a corner about me being better than you.
Wonder what you hafta say now, smart guy.

I only remember the one joke about not being able to afford more X-Men.

I think you're exaggerating it just to complain about it.

You don't remember the fucking start of the movie where he discusses the Wolverine films?
You don't remember "Woh dude I broke the 4th wall while breaking the 4th wall so fanny"?
You don't remember that it was pretty much the sole joke carried along the first 5 minutes of the film?

I think you're ignoring things just to be trendy.

Ok so I'm just watching Deadpool right now.
The only reason I can think op had that reaction it's because he's learned that all lolsorandumb humor is shit completely closing to the notion that it can be good.

Or that he's a fucking contrariant and hates everything that's famous.

That one was funny.
Do you realize you're watching deadpool?
OK, that one wasn't tightly written. But it wasn't awful.

I recommend you to watch Wander over Yonder, rorouni kenshin and Twin Peaks.
Your pessimism is ruining you ability to enjoy things.
You're just like an SJW going to watch a movie with the purpose of this filing every nitpick in your pre established mental agenda.

No. No it was not. It was a reference, but there was no set up or framework for it to be comedic.
You do realize deadpool isn't supposed to be "lel so randumb xd 4th wall guyzzzzz" and that supporting what those trash writers turned him into as of late is actually cancerous? Random humour CAN be good, but it's hard to pull off. And Deadpool didn't pull it off.
It was pretty awful. I watched this thing in theaters and nobody was laughing. Keep in mind the entire theater erupted into laughter whenever he said a curse word, but didn't laugh at those jokes.

Didn't like it.
Yeh I have no issue with that, it's not comparable to Deadpool though.
Lost interest.

And you're like a pig in shit, mocking the farmer for not getting naked and rolling with you. You're proud of enjoying shit for the sake of enjoying things, I'm sorry I can't be as mind-numbingly retarded as yourself.

The fact that Deadpool's cinematic debut was in a shitty fucking Wolverine movie that shit all over his character is the set-up.

Then it was a shitty set-up, not a non-existant one.
My mistake.

Let me interject for a moment. You who deem Deadpool utter shit and a failed action comedy movie, what would you recommend instead? Let us hear about your superior taste in humour so that we can be enlightened.

Colossus was the funniest character in the movie.

Not the same guy but I personally enjoyed Kick-Ass more.

This Deadpool was actually much less "memey" and more reserved that the Waypool one from the comics over last few years. Plus the lack of internal voices forced them to actually focus on making Deadpool himself funny.

>the movie
Op here, what the hell is wrong with you

He was better than Singer's Colossus, that's for sure.

Is that supposed to be a criticism? I mean unless you're an easily amused retard it's actually very difficult to get someone to physically laugh when watching something funny.

Realistically even if it's actually funny you're going to get amused smiles most of the time. If something managed to get me to physically laugh, even if no more than fives times throughout the film, I would say it would have to have been hilarious.

Anyone who liked the movie probably likes getting pegged just like their hero Deadpool.

But Deadpool doesn't like getting pegged, that was the whole point of the scene

No, the point of the scene was to introduce the idea. Faggotry was also treated in such a way 20-30 years ago, as was crossdressing, as was trannies, etc. etc.

Another movie will come along down the road that will treat it a bit more positively, and another, and another. Until it is known to all. After it is known and a topic of discussion and being talked about enough they will start the cycle of promoting it.

All of big business entertainment is geared toward shifting the culture where they want it. It has never been geared toward meeting the culture's current expectations. It meets them enough to sell, but otherwise nudge by nudge shifts the culture.

Look at preceding centuries. Fashions changed slowly, and beliefs changed hardly at all. Then, bam, radio is introduced to the public and culture begins to shift rapidly. Generation to generation have been wholly different from one another from the start of the 20th century till now. Each shifted more and more with the pace accelerating each decade as well.

So it doesn't really matter if it was treated with mild negativity. What matters is that the idea is being disseminated to the public.

What's the problem, are you afraid someone's gonna shove 25 centimeters of plastic up your asshole?

Fuck me. Consider turning off your computer and going outside.

I don't know why are you mad about the movie's influence.
You should just care about the movie itself.

I didn't feel it was out of place for his character because I always thought that Deadpool had not moral standars.

Don't you have more important things to worry about than dildos in men's asses, Holla Forums?

Such well thought out arguments.

Guy from the first comment.

We didn't said that it wasn't true. we said it didn't matter or we don't give a fuck and that you shouldn't give a fuck about real-world matters when talking exclusively about the movie.

And I said that it wasn't out of character and didn't caused any mayor complications to the rest of the movie.

Didn't take much thought to call you a retard.

You're also forgetting that scene where Deadpool censors one of his kills by turning the camera away from the kill