BAD movies with good original scores

BAD movies with good original scores

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2LDECDHjA3s&list=PLs7s7YCW40wJAIbra0RcDEGL0HhKc5no2
twitter.com/AnonBabble

:^)

This was a terrible movie tbh and complete trash compared to the first two. The plot was completely retarded even for a batman film.

What?

perhaps not so much of a "bad" film as flawed execution with great music by Mansell. This as the Nolan films are what I like to bring up when I make my argument for why epic, high-concept sci-fi needs to be on cable.

HBO needs to do an anthology series where they give one director a 10-episode story. Films like The Fountain and Interstellar really need room to breathe.

i was about to rage but then i read ur post. do you mean it had bad ending?

this was one of the few films that made me cry like a bitch t b h

again, not really a "bad" film but if you actually read about the concept and production it was supposed to be epic as fuck and greatly expanded across the various time periods and locations. for instance, there was supposed to be an entire near-future space travel setting that didn't even happen.

Wiess and Wolverine weren't the first casting choices, either. I think Brad Pitt was attached to it for awhile, but the casting didn't bother me. It was how they clearly cut-corners on production due to budget cuts so you end up with a cool as fuck concept, beautiful story, beautiful music, but kinda 'meh' visuals for everything that isn't CGI and a rushed plot.

It could have been truly great given the right budget and 10 hrs. on HBO or Showtime.

to see more of their past life would have been nice

Was decently surprised, I expected a much worse film overall.

That's what punisher warzone is for

My number 1 for this category.

you best have a good explanation, nigger

That show sucks

I don't remember if it was a good film or not, the red embed in the OP made me think of the score.

Apparently, he scored the live-action Ghost in the Shell remake as well. I was originally not going to watch it period but I now have mixed feelings about it. Might just pirate it to be safe when it comes out.

I genuinely forget that Batman is in TDKR sometimes. It was really bad.

youtube.com/watch?v=2LDECDHjA3s&list=PLs7s7YCW40wJAIbra0RcDEGL0HhKc5no2

what are some cheese pizza kino?

Spaceballs. Its got Pizza the Hut in it.

Too many to post separate YT links without samefagging up the thread so I'll just list them here:

Black Sea - Ilan Eshkeri
Blue Exorcist: The Movie - Hiroyuki Sawano
The Collection (2012) - Charlie Clouser
Crank 2: High Voltage - Mike Patton
Criminal - Brian Tyler and Keith Power
Doom - Clint Mansell
Fair Game (1995) - Mark Mancina
Hulk - Danny Elfman
John Wick - Tyler Bates and Joel J. Richard
Only God Forgives - Cliff Martinez, Gregory Tripi and Mac Quayle
The Transporter - Stanley Clarke, D.J. Pone, Drixxxé and Replicant

Fuck, forgot one: Marauders (2016) - Ryan Dodson

crank 2 is good. just the ending is silly

Really man? Its not an art film but come on it was pretty good.

On its own it's good I guess, but it's nowhere near as good as the first one. You actually kind of feel bad for Chev in the first Crank because he's about to quite literally lose everything, but he's just a cunt in the second film and the "Fuck you, Chelios" thing gets kind of old fast. I actually didn't really mind the ending overall, even though I saw it coming from about a mile away considering the similarities between how both movies started and ended. It was pretty funny and even more over-the-top than the first in many ways, but imo at least, Crank really didn't need a sequel.

Perhaps it's not a "bad" movie, per se, but it just seemed really predictable after the Russian mob head's son kills John's dog. Hero goes on a revenge-fueled rampage after something bad happens to him, reconnects with several of the people from his former life that he just recently got out of, kills some low-level people, gets his ass kicked, gets help from friends, kills more low-level people and a couple more important ones as well, some of the friends who helped him earlier die, he gets even more pissed off, has a final battle with many of the villain's thugs and higher-ups toward the end, they all die except for the villain and the hero, and then the hero beats the villain to death in a one-on-one match. Plus, I thought its use of several famous supporting actors was almost a crime, particularly Willem Dafoe and Clarke Peters who both get killed off just barely two-thirds of the way through the film. Lance Reddick was pretty cool as the hotel bellhop, though I wish he had more scenes. The action sequences, cinematography, music and (most of) the editing were all pretty solid, so I guess my main problem was just the overall execution of the storyline and dialogue. However, the sequel does look better to me so perhaps I'll give it a shot when it comes out.

it really is. you can barely even call it a film. it's just long shots of various sceneries with dope music playing in the background

Compared to the epic that is Conan the Barbarian, yeah.
It was a b-movie.

I think The Destroyer was quite awful and lacked the feel of meaningful adventure. And the sidekicks all sucked. The 2011 film had similar faults, which is weird because it was noticeably closer to the source material than the first Arnold film.

I'd argue it falls into "so bad its good" territory, but still.

All the movies here are good

It's true Destroyer was more light hearted and lacked the depth of the first film, but it's a solid sequel not unlike Ghostbusters 2 was. It would have been better if John Milius had come back to direct though.

The 2011 Conan film on the other hand is shit. Jason Momoa was a decent Conan but other than him the movie is a complete train wreck. The editing is choppy and the pacing is non-existent. One of the things that made Conan 1981 so great was it was well paced. It had moments where the audience could stop and take a breath and really get to know Conan as a character and take in him and his world. Conan 1981 is closer to the original source material because of this. The original stories, while short, weren't super fast paced. They gave room for the reader to breath. Conan 2011 feels like it was rushed and that the director and script writers didn't want to take time to explore him as a character.

It's not ghostbusters reboot bad but it is a bad film. Can you even remember any parts you liked about it? Any scenes you look back on fondly?

Didn't think so.

are you effing kidding me the statue of liberty got the largest ghost bukakke in history how do you not remember that

god this movie was awful but Junkie XL is great. Not so big on Hans Zimmer but I don't mind him either.

Let's see,

a showtime of this movie would do the concept great justice, but I think they would fuck up the casting royally

Did Junkie XL do the score for Amazing Spiderman 2 as well? The name sounds familiar. Good song I must admit.

The Last Dragon

Fite me nigger

He's probably most well known for Mad Max Fury Road

I always think of this when people mention Junkie XL

This movie was the worst John Woo film, but that's owed to Hollywood meddling. The film was originally a longer R-rated cut, but it was reedited into a shorter PG-13 cut in a time where PG-13 films were restrictive.

It turned out bad and I hope that they can release a director's cut.

Haven't seen it myself but yeah, I heard it was pretty bad. Honestly, I wasn't too fond of what he did for Black Mass because it just seemed really repetitive and overly-depressing but I loved the retro-sounding stuff he wrote for Deadpool, especially that leitmotif thing with the Synclavier II intro from Michael Jackson's "Beat It." Personally, I think Zimmer is a great composer but I feel that he's very overused and in some cases, even a little overrated. He's just worked on so many things now that it's often hard to tell what's what by him anymore. I'm honestly surprised he wasn't asked to write for the Ghost in the Shell reboot because of how big of a name that both he and the franchise itself are, though I'd much rather hear Clint Mansell's music on something like that than Zimmer's. But God, if "Why So Serious?" from The Dark Knight doesn't get me rock hard every time I hear it then I don't know what does. Out of the many movies and soundtracks I've gone through accredited to him, I feel like that's one of the most artistically creative and experimental pieces he's ever written in his career. I just wish he'd push for an official release of the full score that he did with James Newton Howard and Lorne Balfe rather than several of their pieces mixed in with the suites, but the 2-disc special edition of the OST is good enough for me for now, I suppose.

Yeah, he did. Can't quite remember what it sounded like though so I'll have to go back and listen to it again.

I mean it could've been better if it was like an hour longer instead of rushing the whole thing into a less-than-2-hour runtime but I actually liked it a lot more the second time after watching it. The only performance I thought was subpar was Common, but then again I haven't watched it in probably half a year now so there might've been more that I missed. What specifically didn't you like about it?

Sounds like what happened to Suicide Squad. I think Ayer should just leave Warner Bros. for another studio if he's legally able to because that's the second time that they've fucked him over on length/content (not that that movie probably could've been saved simply by a longer time and R-rated cut, but at least it wouldn't have fallen so hard on its face after making it seem like that's what it was going to be in the first place). The previous time was Sabotage, which was originally supposed to be more of a long mystery/thriller type thing but of course the execs wanted a short action flick with little substance and a lot of gore, so that's what we got out of it. It had some potential going for it too, which is the sad thing imo.