Should software be political? I mean it is the current year after all

Should software be political? I mean it is the current year after all.

Yes, software freedom must be protected and feminism needs to be obstructed.

I dont get the first one.

It's qalculate a program written by a stronk feminist womyn.

Some hack who wants to ride Linus' coattails. He may have made a nice editor back in the day, and perhaps a compiler.

No

Sage

ebin downvote friend

What's wrong OP? Your Trump shitpost shilling Bernie didn't get enough bites?

Free software is inherently political. Linux, OpenBSD, GNU CC, Firefox, VLC, Wikipedia, Apache, OpenSSL, GPG, Tor, vichan... Many technologies have driven and shaped political discourse, all codifying their own human principles and values.

I don't believe politics should be shoved into software, I believe software is the politics.

Free software is inherently political. Linux, OpenBSD, GNU CC, Firefox, VLC, Wikipedia, Apache, OpenSSL, GPG, Tor, vichan... Many technologies have driven and shaped political discourse, all codifying their own human principles and values.

I don't believe politics should be shoved into software, I believe software is the politics.

Don't you dare fucking double post this kikewheels

Yes, software should be political. Specifically, it should be anti-social justice, A.K.A. Marxism. And, it should be anti-feminist.

Any time you allow Marxism and feminism in, you're simply setting yourself up for destruction.

Elaborate

Then every piece of software made by men has to have the "men" symbol in the logo, right?

I'm working on this project (software or whatever), but I need more people, I can't do it on my own. Should I get the people than best suite the job, regardless their, gender, race, whatever?, or should I make sure I take a group of people where 50% are women, 30% are black... etc?

If you chose the second, you chose mediocrity, you will fail in the long run because the rest have better teams.

Not if everyone also hires for diversity. Then the end result will be shit across the board.

Good answer

nothing should be political except politics. but leftists wont let that happen, so we have to go to war with them.

"Geeks like to think that they can ignore politics, you can leave politics alone, but politics won't leave you alone."
-- Richard Stallman

Agree with this.

In a way, it's one of the reasons why last year I made the full switch to Linux, because I'm willing to learn a new system that has an actual community with helpful people (I consider Holla Forums helpful) and the principles behind FOSS and libre software I can get behind.

I do believe that, like art, software and even hardware is a statement. I'm more on the IT side of things, but I repair vidya systems for crackers and niggers here in the ghetto. Taking apart a 3DS and taking apart a PSP/Vita feel like I am reading someone's poetry in a way, due to how they construct it and the notes they take.

Software I see as the same; LibreOffice for example speaks to me in a different way Microsoft Office does. They are representations and statements of the developers and company. Only one would I be able to back.

Glad to hear you switched over fully to Linux user, but tbh you sound a lot like that faggot Steve Jerbs. Do you'reself a favor and become a real electrical, mechanical, or at least software engineer. Then at least you'll be adequately informed for you are 'poetry' critiques.

But yea, tech is cool. Just don't be deluded about it's driving forces ehh.

Yeah, Holla Forums is great like that. This board is my reason too for using linux more and more.

I fell for the Gentoo meme because of you guys.

Sounds to me like you don't even know what the fuck politics is.

Software isn't politics, it's not political, technology isn't political. Just because people argue about it doesn't make it politics.

Sage for shit thread filled of retarded replies.

Holla Forums is for the discussion of technology and related topics.

For tech support, software recommendations, and other questions that don't warrant their own thread, please use the 'Holla Forums Questions and Support' sticky.